Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if I missed this story in a previous thread/post. Interesting interview, imo, with Western Australia’s police commissioner, who oversaw the culminating charges against BRE. He certainly isn't perfect. Wow. No new info on CSK case, tho. Aug. 9 story from Perth Now Sunday Times:

WA top cop reflects on good and bad legacy

[FONT=&quot]KARL O’Callaghan has had many triumphs in his 13 years as Western Australia’s police commissioner, including overseeing charges laid in the Claremont serial killer case 20 years after the first murder.[/FONT]

Apologies if I missed this story in a previous thread/post. Interesting interview, imo, with Western Australia’s police commissioner, who oversaw the culminating charges against BRE. He certainly isn't perfect. Wow. No new info on CSK case, tho. Aug. 9 story from Perth Now Sunday Times:

WA top cop reflects on good and bad legacy

There hasn't been anything within the media for quite a few months. Karl O'Callaghan advised people not to mention anything on Social Media. They want to make sure BRE gets a fair trial, which is fair enough.

Darn good that our nice guy BRE is not back making a Spectacle of himself. No Serial killer would (generally) be able to buy a brand new 96 VR VS wagon hey? Unless it was as a family wagon. Or work vehicle... I wonder how BRE's light blue/ yellow Telstra rope work is going? Hey BRE should sleuthers pump up their bicycle tyres to go look for your first victim? The gold shorts might exist but the gold skirt may not? Eh? BRE were you the blogger that alluded to the hills nor / west of Mundaring? Whether BRE made the 8 Videos I doubt it. A real csk would not do that. The KK attack looks likely phone wire to me. See how the case goes. October 2017 will lead to 2019.
PCS,
You've mentioned Spectacles a couple of of times beforehand. Are you making reference to a pair of eye glasses or the suburb Spectacles. Could you please enlighten us, as to what you are hinting at? Many thanks in advance.

For people overseas the Spectacles is the name of a suburb.

Fiat?
Yellow?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Brave Little Fiat (BLF)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCS,
You've mentioned Spectacles a couple of of times beforehand. Are you making reference to a pair of eye glasses or the suburb Spectacles. Could you please enlighten us, as to what you are hinting at? Many thanks in advance.

FWIW They indicated to me that they meant the address.

Hi Spooks, and everyone else who's on WS.

I suppose most people are keeping a low profile. Given what happened on the weekend.

In order to break the ice..... can we discuss the possibility of holidays. When you think about it, most people travel within Australia or overseas. BRE would be in a position to go travelling. Has anyone got any ideas on places he may have gone to?
What about travelling to see a football game or the speedway. A grand final.

Does anyone know about the Grand Prix or other racing things, in which he may have gone to see? I know zilch about racing.

What about a holiday for a celebration like an anniversary.

Shall we brainstorm some ideas? Perhaps the men out there can help.

Or maybe visiting parents, for mothers day or fathers day?
Or spouses parents, on those days?
Or perhaps holidaying with spouses friends or relatives?

The GP Formula 1 is at Albert Park, Melbourne in March. Massive event for any rev head. Maybe he holidayed in Melbourne?.

PCS,

If you want to ditch your spectacles you can see an Ophthalmologist*based at the Lions Eye Institute in*Perth. But lasers doesn't fix the underlying causes for myopia like high eye pressure though, and that can lead to glaucoma. If you're not referred straight away to an Ophthalmologist if you're pressure goes up then you can lose some of your eyesight permanently. I wonder if anyone's ever tried suing their doctor for not doing so?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

The GP Formula 1 is at Albert Park, Melbourne in March. Massive event for any rev head. Maybe he holidayed in Melbourne?.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13643791
To continue on from last thread about this.
Well, I went and Googled up "Ewing St Telstra" to see if I could find anything, even an old blog post or photos of that social Club of Telstra Technicians which went on the trip to Melbourne to see if the accused was on it. Ewing St Bentley, was where they worked from back in those day s, before they moved them to Kewdale Rd Kewdale.
But Google came up with nothing, so I tried various combinations of search terms and then finally in frustration even tried googling "Ewing St Claremont Serial Killer".
That lead to a surprise which unfortunately got the last thread shut down.
So far I haven't been able to find anything much on the social clubs that operated within Telstra, prior to the privatisation and redundancies, but I'm not surprised because the internet wasn't hugely popular back then and a lot of the websites would've been hosted upon geocities which doesn't exist anymore and isn't very well archived upon the wayback machine either. My old school friend reckoned that the accused wasn't on the trip that he went on, but there were other trips, and I haven't caught up with him to see if he looked at his video again to check.

From the other interests of BRE the Grand Final would be the main sporting event. Anytime the W'Eagles were there. F1 came to Melbourne after the 90s IMO? Deals between Ecclestone and Melb closer to 2000. It was in Adelaide prior (I thought).

At the same time opportunistic crime in another town is, I imagine, outside the 'comfort'zone. But if it gives grist to the mill, let's find any GFs in the 90s : )

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13643791
To continue on from last thread about this.
Well, I went and Googled up "Ewing St Telstra" to see if I could find anything, even an old blog post or photos of that social Club of Telstra Technicians which went on the trip to Melbourne to see if the accused was on it. Ewing St Bentley, was where they worked from back in those day s, before they moved them to Kewdale Rd Kewdale.
But Google came up with nothing, so I tried various combinations of search terms and then finally in frustration even tried googling "Ewing St Claremont Serial Killer".
That lead to a surprise which unfortunately got the last thread shut down.
So far I haven't been able to find anything much on the social clubs that operated within Telstra, prior to the privatisation and redundancies, but I'm not surprised because the internet wasn't hugely popular back then and a lot of the websites would've been hosted upon geocities which doesn't exist anymore and isn't very well archived upon the wayback machine either. My old school friend reckoned that the accused wasn't on the trip that he went on, but there were other trips, and I haven't caught up with him to see if he looked at his video again to check.

Petedavo,
It might be worthwhile searching through newspaper archives for incidents which occurred at La Plaza Bentley. I'm thinking that was the main shopping centre, nearest to Ewing St.

Telstra had it's own specially made rope.
Who knew?
http://www.sydneyropesupplies.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=55
6ee0b3efd918834a9ef19a0be8a5c291.jpg

<modsnip>

"You will be amazed at just how handy this rope can be"

Petedavo,
It might be worthwhile searching through newspaper archives for incidents which occurred at La Plaza Bentley. I'm thinking that was the main shopping centre, nearest to Ewing St.
There's been an *advertiser censored* Shop there in 2 locations within LA Plaza, now known as Bentley Centre, over the decades. My former sister in law used to work at the one next to the bottle shop. Maybe they have a customer database from the days when *advertiser censored* videos had to come in from Canberra. Before the internet and DVDs. My old school friend said there was a club for swapping those videos within Ewing St. The *advertiser censored* shop might have a record of customers preferences for the unusual types of videos as he said that to order them the *advertiser censored* Shop ran a type of mail order club, which is how they allegedly got around the no *advertiser censored* video selling laws in WA at the time. There's a lead for Macro, no doubt.

Hi Spooks, and everyone else who's on WS.

I suppose most people are keeping a low profile. Given what happened on the weekend.

In order to break the ice..... can we discuss the possibility of holidays. When you think about it, most people travel within Australia or overseas. BRE would be in a position to go travelling. Has anyone got any ideas on places he may have gone to?
What about travelling to see a football game or the speedway. A grand final.

Does anyone know about the Grand Prix or other racing things, in which he may have gone to see? I know zilch about racing.

What about a holiday for a celebration like an anniversary.

Shall we brainstorm some ideas? Perhaps the men out there can help.

BRE might have travelled to see Bathurst 1000 and WCE matches in the Eastern States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathurst_1000
https://web.archive.org/web/2017082...ama.com.au/history/bathurst-1000-history.html (live version no urrently working on my end)

There's been an *advertiser censored* Shop there in 2 locations within LA Plaza, now known as Bentley Centre, over the decades. My former sister in law used to work at the one next to the bottle shop. Maybe they have a customer database from the days when *advertiser censored* videos had to come in from Canberra. Before the internet and DVDs. My old school friend said there was a club for swapping those videos within Ewing St. The *advertiser censored* shop might have a record of customers preferences for the unusual types of videos as he said that to order them the *advertiser censored* Shop ran a type of mail order club, which is how they allegedly got around the no *advertiser censored* video selling laws in WA at the time. There's a lead for Macro, no doubt.

Some people do tend to keep certain things, therefore it&#8217;s not impossible someone has kept a register and still have it. I&#8217;m sure Macro would be very pleased with such an item.

Or maybe visiting parents, for mothers day or fathers day?
Or spouses parents, on those days?
Or perhaps holidaying with spouses friends or relatives?
Regarding holidays&#8230;. as the Fountain Way home was sold on 2 April 1997, perhaps BRE had some spare funds to take a holiday soon thereafter. http://www.perthnow.com.au/news.

If we look at interstate or overseas media articles for similar incidents to those of JR & CG, it might be wise to start looking between April and December 1997.

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Petedavo,
Opposite Bentley Centre was a business college. During the 1980s many young ladies attended a commercial course there. Olympia Business College was on the corner of Ashburton St and the post office was opposite. Perhaps each day BRE offered to take the mail and management wondered why he was so eager to do so.

Only my thoughts and opinions.

CV, Ballarat is an hour + to Melbourne (depending on traffic from about Melton onwards). I'm from Vic and lived right in the city until about a year ago, GP was always super noisy and I always dreaded it with practice laps starting around 7 am as I lived and worked a few blocks closer to the CBD from Albert Park.

WhyWhy - You may be correct about the GP being in Adelaide in the 90s, I only know now it's at Albert Park cause I used to live near Albert Park. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste