Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to those who provided feedback with regard to potential holiday places and events BRE possibly attended. Indicated below are the relevant dates and venues of AFLs Grand Finals played by West Coast Eagles. Listed by year and where played.

YearDateOpponent and VenueSuburb & State
199128 SepHawthorn at Waverley ParkMulgrave, Melbourne, Vic
199226 SepGeelong at Melbourne MCGEast Melbourne, Vic
199424 SepGeelong at Melbourne MCGEast Melbourne, Vic
200524 SepSydney Swans at SubiacoSubiaco WA, WA
200630 SepSydney Swans at MCGEast Melbourne, Vic
20153 OctHawthorn at MCGEast Melbourne, Vic
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/history/timeline

Note: East Melbourne’s local suburbs include: Albert Park, Carlton, Hawthorn, Kooyong, Toorak, Cremorne & South Yarra.

Mulgrave local suburbs are Glen Waverley, Wheelers Hill, St Kilda, Southbank,

Unsolved Cold Case Victoria.
Melinda Freeman
October 4th 1991

Bashed to death while husband out playing cards with friends
A few items taken from house.. appeared staged
One article claims ties were used

Now my original post disappeared. Yes, I did work in Ewing St. But not in the direction of Telstra. We used to drink beers under the big tree in Ewing st side of Bentley Plaza, from Weds to Fridays. I was a member of Sodscal did you know? We used to toot at the Boss driving past to say basically we were there. He used to have several romances with two secretaries & was a martial Arts expert would you believe. That is true what I say too .He once thumped a neighbour over a fence dispute once lols. He did not lose .
The VS Commodore 96 wagon was on sale at an auction 80 m nth of my work but on the opposite ( right) side on the hump. Together were about 6 of them each auction. I did meet some Telstra guys there (true too) & they were looking at vehicles too. Lots got ommitted what I typed tonight. And before what I posted & is now gone.Yes the dvd store was a laugh. I neve bought from there. But Cops thought them interesting.Did BRE have a pal? I am not so sure he did.

Is this your tree?
I'm wondering if you bumped into many Telstra Techies and if you overheard anything to do with social clubs and trips away. Did you ever see any at the Boomerang Hotel for instance?
Do you remember when Telstra moved out, or was that all before your time?

https://m.realcommercial.com.au/property-industrial+warehouse-wa-bentley-502561754
fd35d1042df2e603932abf0c8d424504.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Unsolved Cold Case Victoria.
Melinda Freeman
October 4th 1991

Bashed to death while husband out playing cards with friends
A few items taken from house.. appeared staged
One article claims ties were used
Completely unrelated in my opinion. I know a bit about that particular case (know a family member) and in my opinion, the perpetrator was known to the victim & family (M&CF).

Good thinking but I did have a chuckle. It's a bit of a random list and probably not what you would visit if you were visiting family in Broome. E.g. Purnululu is over 800km away. Tons of things much closer. You'd be more likely to visit local fishing spots if that was your thing. If you WERE intending on driving the big distances across the Kimberley as a tourist you'd likely be headed up the Gibb River Road (along with everyone else!) rather than the main Hwy through Fitzroy and Halls Creek and on to Purnululu - but as I say, if you were visiting family in Broome, you'd be more likely to go to 'local' spots rather than the big tourist spots 
Xyz,

Thanks very much, are you able to prepare a preferred route taken from Perth to Broome? One where a traveller could stop at some touist stops and perhaps camping overnight. It would help a lot. I've never been to Broome and I'd fly there, but we were told by the profiler that the CSK likes driving.

BRE might have travelled to see Bathurst 1000 and WCE matches in the Eastern States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathurst_1000
https://web.archive.org/web/2017082...ama.com.au/history/bathurst-1000-history.html (live version no urrently working on my end)
Thank you to those who provided feedback with regard to potential holiday places and events BRE possibly attended. Indicated below are details pertaining to the Bathurst 1000 race, which is held each October (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] weekend).

The Bathurst 1000, is a 1,000 kms (620 mi) touring car race held annually on the Mt Panorama Circuit in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia.
A championship event for Supercars.

Mt Panorama
is located west of the Blue Mountains National Park - 201kms NW from Sydney.

Bathurst has its own airport Wikipedia

Note: Each February Bathurst holds its 12 hour event.

Completely unrelated in my opinion. I know a bit about that particular case (know a family member) and in my opinion, the perpetrator was known to the victim & family (M&CF).
I'd be interested to hear any other details you could share.

I'd be interested to hear any other details you could share.
Mo Joe,
Thank you for the information provided, which is being looked into. I'm researching some notes now and will upload a summary later today.
Regards CV

With regard to driving to Broome.
Most folk would drive from Perth to Geraldton, then onto Carnarvon. From there, Karratha, Port Hedland then Broome.
If you were scenic driving, you might stop at Denison/Dongara, Kalbarri, Denham, Coral Bay, Exmouth, and inland via Karijini National Park, perhaps bypassing Karratha and heading straight to Hedland. From there, 80 mile beach before Broome.

There's loads of different routes you could take, however most tourists would stick to the main roads.

Most folk would drive from Perth to Geraldton, then onto Carnarvon. From there, Karratha, Port Hedland then Broome.
If you were scenic driving, you might stop at Denison/Dongara, Kalbarri, Denham, Coral Bay, Exmouth, and inland via Karijini National Park, perhaps bypassing Karratha and heading straight to Hedland. From there, 80 mile beach before Broome.

There's loads of different routes you could take, however most tourists would stick to the main roads.
FC, Thank you.

Denham 2014 - Justyna Kozoil went missing from the Tradwinds Seafront apartments Monday 24 March.
Justyna is believed to have left her accommodation at the Tradewinds Seafront Apartments in Denham, WA, about 7.00am on Monday, 24 March 2014.
Aged 32, blond hair, blue eyes, 160-165cms (5’2” to 5’4”) https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/wa/koziol-justyna

These are only my thoughts and opinions

Maybe the accused gravitated to Claremont and became familiar to the Western Suburbs through Claremont Speedway from a young age.

Maybe he was a fan of the former speedway star known as The Magician who won his first Major Title in 1996 at Claremont Speedway

Magic Man in Speedway Hall of Fame.

http://www.speedway.org.au/d-f/mike-figliomeni

Article below talks of racing in the Eastern States and America.

http://www.totallyspeedway.com.au/general/917-michael-figliomeni-forever-the-magic-man

http://www.motorplex.com.au/magic-man-something-special/

http://waspeedcars.com.au/MagicMan.aspx

Where is Warrnambool Speedway?

Some of the other more popular routes to Broome

7d3f249b7e6414d0f935079d364d7d7d.jpg
21fb13ce57ebe4dba235bd1f79f323bc.jpg
54a377915634a66fe722332ce9239896.jpg

Snipped quote from Mo Joe: One article claims ties were used

Melinda Freeman

If there’s an article which mentions ties please provide a link. Thank you.

Do we know if Melinda was an AFL Hawthorn supporter? On Saturday, 28 September 1991 Hawthorn played West Coast Eagles in the GF at Waverley Park, Mulgrave, Melbourne.

Friday, October 4th 1991 Melinda was killed at her Whittlesea home. 65.1kms from Mulgrave to Whittlesea

Herald Sun brief details: Young mum Melinda Freeman, 27, was bashed to death in her Whittlesea home on October 4, 1991. Her husband Craig had taken the couple’s baby son Brent out with him to a card game in Kinglake and discovered his wife’s body at around 11pm that night. There were some items taken from the house — a video recorder and some appliances — but police have always believed the scene was made to look like a burglary.

Coroner Jacinta Heffey said she was compelled to disregard the family’s theory that Mr Freeman murdered his wife because the allegations were “based on nothing more than impressions, conjecture and speculation”. http://www.heraldsun.com.au

Most people travelling to Broome from Perth FLY!
But IMO if a SK didn't want his movements tracked then he/she would probably drive to Broome.

HOWEVER ....when did airport check-in rules change to requiring passengers to travel using their own name? I recall years ago you could use a flight even if it wasn't booked in your own name.

[video]https://youtu.be/AwaT-mfqJpo[/video]

Screen shots from video....
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

GOLD shorts certainly make a fashion statement. IMO gold shorts are worn to draw onlookers' attention to that particular part of a man's body!

Please note: I'm NOT suggesting the accused is a pedophile. I'm just drawing a comparison of clothing choices between a deceased rapist/pedophile and an alleged rapist/murderer – Specifically the attention grabbing GOLD colour.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-09-26 at 11.21.57 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2017-09-26 at 11.21.57 PM.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen shot 2017-09-26 at 11.26.23 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2017-09-26 at 11.26.23 PM.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen shot 2017-09-26 at 11.35.48 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2017-09-26 at 11.35.48 PM.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen shot 2017-09-26 at 11.37.17 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2017-09-26 at 11.37.17 PM.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 135
Petedavo,
Warrnambool speedway is called the Premier and sponsored by Sungold Milk. I can't find the actual address.

Good thinking but I did have a chuckle. It's a bit of a random list and probably not what you would visit if you were visiting family in Broome. E.g. Purnululu is over 800km away. Tons of things much closer. You'd be more likely to visit local fishing spots if that was your thing. If you WERE intending on driving the big distances across the Kimberley as a tourist you'd likely be headed up the Gibb River Road (along with everyone else!) rather than the main Hwy through Fitzroy and Halls Creek and on to Purnululu - but as I say, if you were visiting family in Broome, you'd be more likely to go to 'local' spots rather than the big tourist spots 
Xyz,
Thinking about a trip to Broome, makes more sense an incident may occur on the trip there or back. Causing an incident close to Broome would ring alarm bells, because family live there. JMO.

Most people travelling to Broome from Perth FLY!
But IMO if a SK didn't want his movements tracked then he/she would probably drive to Broome.

HOWEVER ....when did airport check-in rules change to requiring passengers to travel using their own name? I recall years ago you could use a flight even if it wasn't booked in your own name.

Domestic flights out of Perth you can still travel under any name. There are no ID checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In relation to Melinda Freeman - https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/122933057/
Not the best read (spelling errors but is readable). Mentions this quote "[FONT=&quot] Now, friends and police sources say, there is a suspect in her murder. His name has allegedly been mentioned in pubs and clubs. Shoppers in supermarkets, say friends, have talked about who allegedly committed the crime and, at the request of police, the suspect's conversations were secretly recorded, during which he denied any involvement in (he murder, a denial he also made, emphatically, to police. The murder stunned the community. Two years after the killing, a fiartygoer told some of Melinda's riends: "I know he did it ... I know for sure he did It." "[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj