Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
attachment.php
He was found very close to a far corner of the explosive storage facility, which PD has posted has reports of security fences and patrols, cctv monitoring and electronic access.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=13737394

You can see the fence clearly and sealed road in the westpix crime photo when even Stakehill and Baldivis wasn't sealed at the time making it easier for patrols so why wouldn't there be cctv on the furtherest corner of the facility?

attachment.php
There was no transformer anywhere near there either.
I'm curious what you think was on the pole then?

attachment.php
As clearly seen in the Westpix photo. The corner of Baldivis Rd and Stakehill Rd is clearly seen in the bottom right. I used to use that route as a short cut to visit friends who moved from Queens Park to Madora Bay in 1980's Baldivis Rd and Stakehill Rd were sealed back then. The part where the police cars are parked are on the old original road before the sealed version from the 1950's cut the corner. Pictures of the same pole a bit further down Stakehill Rd (towards the explosives site entry) in different years suggest there was likely to of been a transformer closer to the corner before the roundabout was put in, in recent years, causing the transformer to be moved to this pole, from the one seen in the 1988 picture.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• PowerPole.jpg
    PowerPole.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 124
  • transformer.jpg
    transformer.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 120
attachment.php
attachment.php

As clearly seen in the Westpix photo. The corner of Baldivis Rd and Stakehill Rd is clearly seen in the bottom right. I used to use that route as a short cut to visit friends who moved from Queens Park to Madora Bay in 1980's Baldivis Rd and Stakehill Rd were sealed back then. The part where the police cars are parked are on the old original road before the sealed version from the 1950's cut the corner. Pictures of the same pole a bit further down Stakehill Rd (towards the explosives site entry) in different years suggest there was likely to of been a transformer closer to the corner before the roundabout was put in, in recent years causing the transformer to be moved to this pole, from the one scene in the 1988 picture.

As always looking for a simple answer, I used to use Stakehill Rd, Baldivis Rd etc. going to Mandurah I didn't know the facility was there. Maybe the killer didn't know if he was new to the area or maybe he did know and thought it would keep people away. There doesn't seem to have been very much surveillance with the horse rider seemingly free to ride.

As always looking for a simple answer, I used to use Stakehill Rd, Baldivis Rd etc. going to Mandurah I didn't know the facility was there. Maybe the killer didn't know if he was new to the area or maybe he did know and thought it would keep people away. There doesn't seem to have been very much surveillance with the horse rider seemingly free to ride.
I meant,1997 not 1988 in the previous post BTW.
I had a good look around on Google Maps, and answered the same question on the Gerard Ross thread a few minutes ago. The cameras are near the entrance gate on the entrance road and that's about it. The track to the GR site although parallel would've had trees blocking it's view from the gatehouse IMO. Where the track does skirt the perimeter, there doesn't appear to be any cameras. I'm very surprised, but maybe there were other means to detect a breach of the fence by the gatehouse security, other than cameras. So whoever it was might've been lucky.

An inquest is useful for compelling a suspect to answer questions. It would be more useful to have one suspect to question IMO

I'm curious what you think was on the pole then?

attachment.php

Ok, you are right. But GR was 150 m in. And I don't think it was right on the bend as I rode my dirtbike to the exact spot many years ago.

As clearly seen in the Westpix photo. The corner of Baldivis Rd and Stakehill Rd is clearly seen in the bottom right. I used to use that route as a short cut to visit friends who moved from Queens Park to Madora Bay in 1980's Baldivis Rd and Stakehill Rd were sealed back then. The part where the police cars are parked are on the old original road before the sealed version from the 1950's cut the corner. Pictures of the same pole a bit further down Stakehill Rd (towards the explosives site entry) in different years suggest there was likely to of been a transformer closer to the corner before the roundabout was put in, in recent years, causing the transformer to be moved to this pole, from the one seen in the 1988 picture.

attachment.php

https://www.google.com.au/search?bi....0.0.0....0.1EA6R9zrsJ8#imgrc=YfudaIiO1L2hoM:

Stakehill Rd is underlined in red on the bottom right of the image below. The arrow on left is pointing close to where GR was found according to the other westpix image, near the ammunition dump unless this is incorrect.

attachment.php

Overhead image of GR discovery near ammunition dump facility and strange pole.
attachment.php

attachment.php

https://www.westpix.com.au/preview.asp?image=TWA- 0064103&itemw=4&itemf=0001&itemstep=1&itemx=15

Stakehill road runs along the bottom of this image and takes a sharp turn left and exits bottom middle image.

Attachments

• GR_Trackto here he was found.JPG
    GR_Trackto here he was found.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 33
  • GR_Discovery.JPG
    GR_Discovery.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 112
  • GR_Discovry_Mutitions corner.JPG
    GR_Discovry_Mutitions corner.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 110
  • GR_Stakehill_baldivis2.JPG
    GR_Stakehill_baldivis2.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 110
  • GR_Disposal_Inverted.JPG
    GR_Disposal_Inverted.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 113
Ok, you are right. But GR was 150 m in. And I don't think it was right on the bend as I rode my dirtbike to the exact spot many years ago.

I think you maybe right. I don't think he was far from the corner of the ammunition dump where the sealed road and pole was However that was quite possibly more than 150 m from Stakehill Rd. I'm not sure if this was a transformer on the pole either as what would power be needed in such a remote location?

attachment.php

Attachments

• GR_Trackto here he was found.JPG
    GR_Trackto here he was found.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 109
I wish the owner of the kimono would stand up and publicly take ownership of said kimono!

Now why would someone NOT admit to owning a kimono?

Answer: Because it's a kimono!

No seriously - why?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
It looks like a very large kimono. Large enough for a man to wear!

I wish the owner of the kimono would stand up and publicly take ownership of said kimono!

Now why would someone NOT admit to owning a kimono?

Answer: Because it's a kimono!

No seriously - why?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

Reasons to own up to owning the Kimono

a. help the police tie up one loose end and establish was it lent to someone or nicked off of a clothes line which would give an indication of roving area.

Reasons not to own up to owning the Kimono

a. The police would want to interview all persons who could have had access to it for 'elimination purposes' family, visitors etc. which may put the Kimono owner at odds with any dodgy contacts.

b. The owner was the attempted rapist so he/she? obviously wouldn't own up.

c. The owner realised it would implicate a family member and just couldn't do it.

a. help the police tie up one loose end and establish was it lent to someone or nicked off of a clothes line which would give an indication of roving area.

a. The police would want to interview all persons who could have had access to it for 'elimination purposes' family, visitors etc. which may put the Kimono owner at odds with any dodgy contacts.

c. The owner realised it would implicate a family member and just couldn't do it.

Those Kimonos were a dime a dozen in the 70's & 80's..... $2 in Bali. Back then I'm sure half of Australia owned one. Doubt you would even know if it went missing. Do think that wherever it came from, it had meaning to the perp. I am still a bit confused about its link (or not) to Victoria Clarke's murder In Vic Park. I know DTM was convicted of her murder however, I do remember reading newspaper articles at the time of CSK arrest which suggested a link between the kimono & VC's murder. Can any Sleuthers clarify this for me?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Perhaps the kimono was like a security blanket and he was known to carry it around for comfort.

Perhaps the kimono was like a security blanket and he was known to carry it around for comfort.

'Blinky blanky'
Lol

'Blinky blanky'
Lol

Happy Coat

C. His mum's?

C. His mum's?

D. His/Her Nanna [emoji1354] 's

Happy Coat

Never heard a security blanket that's called a Happy Coat!
I must have lived a sheltered life! [emoji317]

I thought the kimono was grabbed from the clothesline when he ran from the Huntingdale house where he attempted to rape a young girl. MOO

Naturally BRE would go for a large size.That means he first saw them in the street or shops somewhere.
Maybe he met them at a community event first.

I thought the kimono was grabbed from the clothesline when he ran from the Huntingdale house where he attempted to rape a young girl. MOO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4063928/Silk-kimono
-stolen-clothesline-28-years-ago-key-clue-solving-Claremont-killings-cold-case-arrest-Bradley-Robert-Edwards.html

According to above article the kimono was taken from a clothesline after the Huntingdale attempted rape. The kimono was kept as evidence by police. It had BRE's DNA on it which was connected to DNA from Ciara Glennon and the Karrakatta rape. This was the DNA connection which led to arrest of BRE. Where does kimono come into Victoria Clarke's murder? 🤔MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP