Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-stolen, dropped during escape (per your linked article).

So what does this mean

Was the Kimono stolen from a random clothesline sometime prior to attempted rape
Grabbed from a random clothesline on the night of the attempted rape
Grabbed from the victims clothesline as he went through the yard.
Was there a house to house to find out

RSBM.. Where does kimono come into Victoria Clarke's murder?
Kimono was dropped close to the time of VC murder & other unsolved rapes. Newspapers article at the time stated it (the kimono) MAY be the first good clue to solving them, thinking there might have been a link. Theres been nothing to suggest there is/was a link in MSM since. Its been discussed many times.

Those Kimonos were a dime a dozen in the 70's & 80's..... $2 in Bali. Back then I'm sure half of Australia owned one. Doubt you would even know if it went missing. Do think that wherever it came from, it had meaning to the perp. I am still a bit confused about its link (or not) to Victoria Clarke's murder In Vic Park. I know DTM was convicted of her murder however, I do remember reading newspaper articles at the time of CSK arrest which suggested a link between the kimono & VC's murder. Can any Sleuthers clarify this for me?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
attachment.php

Kimono Clue to a Brutal Killing. Front page headlines on February 17th 1988, just after the Huntingdale attack. The police hoped that the kimono will be the vital clue to help them catch Victoria Clark's murderer. I have some closer picture of the text, but it is written ambiguously.

Police are convinced the same person committed both crimes which are linked through the kimono (clue is DNA?) that was dropped at the Huntingdale attack.

We didn't know until Karl O'C press conference after the accused arrest that there was DNA on the kimono, alleged to be BRE's . Karl made it clear that the kimono was stolen off someone's clothes line.

Somewhat conveniently for BRE who's DNA is alleged to be on the kimono, David Troy Masters confessed to the murder of VC. He was one of VC's neighbours that supposedly was cleared after exhaustive questioning (or was DNA taken that didn't match?). They also cleared the USA navy sailor last seen with VC with 'forensic' tests.

Masters left the state soon after VC's murder, became homeless and moved around and murdered a hitch hiker in 1991 in NT. Was sentence to 7 years non parole in QLand and at some stage confessed to VC's murder, expecting to get another 7 years. Parole laws changed and he is still inside in WA. Note that the date of VC's murder in the article is incorrect.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...l/news-story/caabadc94c068367a745b2fea510be56

Attachments

• Kimono_Feb_1988.JPG
    Kimono_Feb_1988.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 101
Naturally BRE would go for a large size.That means he first saw them in the street or shops somewhere.
Maybe he met them at a community event first.
I'm not sure where he saw the young lady from Huntingdale, but perhaps it was something like.... the young lady decided to wash her car in the front garden, and as it was a hot day wore a bikini. Perhaps the CSK, whoever he may be, drove past and spotted her. Perhaps deciding to return at a later date.

These are only my thoughts an opinions.

So what does this mean

Was the Kimono stolen from a random clothesline sometime prior to attempted rape

I think ApplePie's description of pre stolen and dropped during escape is the best description with known information. There was some suggestion that cops checked after the arrest for people who had originally reported it stolen.

So what does this mean

Who knows Jan. There was a post article 07Jan17 Women's Clothing Riddle that Ive posted before but seems to have been removed, therefore I wont repost. It was a guy from Floreat, previously Huntingdale, who claimed that days prior to the arrest of BRE, the police had visited him to follow up on a report made 28yrs ago about women's sports apparel stolen from his clothesline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4063928/Silk-kimono
-stolen-clothesline-28-years-ago-key-clue-solving-Claremont-killings-cold-case-arrest-Bradley-Robert-Edwards.html

According to above article the kimono was taken from a clothesline after the Huntingdale attempted rape. The kimono was kept as evidence by police. It had BRE's DNA on it which was connected to DNA from Ciara Glennon and the Karrakatta rape. This was the DNA connection which led to arrest of BRE. Where does kimono come into Victoria Clarke's murder? [emoji848]MOO
Well would have to have been b4 the Huntingdale rape in order for someone to have left it there

attachment.php

Kimono Clue to a Brutal Killing. Front page headlines on February 17th 1988, just after the Huntingdale attack. The police hoped that the kimono will be the vital clue to help them catch Victoria Clark's murderer. I have some closer picture of the text, but it is written ambiguously.

Police are convinced the same person committed both crimes which are linked through the kimono (clue is DNA?) that was dropped at the Huntingdale attack.

We didn't know until Karl O'C press conference after the accused arrest that there was DNA on the kimono, alleged to be BRE's . Karl made it clear that the kimono was stolen off someone's clothes line.

Somewhat conveniently for BRE who's DNA is alleged to be on the kimono, David Troy Masters confessed to the murder of VC. He was one of VC's neighbours that supposedly was cleared after exhaustive questioning (or was DNA taken that didn't match?). They also cleared the USA navy sailor last seen with VC with 'forensic' tests.

Masters left the state soon after VC's murder, became homeless and moved around and murdered a hitch hiker in 1991 in NT. Was sentence to 7 years non parole in QLand and at some stage confessed to VC's murder, expecting to get another 7 years. Parole laws changed and he is still inside in WA. Note that the date of VC's murder in the article is incorrect.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...l/news-story/caabadc94c068367a745b2fea510be56
Thanks IC.. ...knew I read it somewhere but given the facts....still doesn't make logical sense to me

Kimono was dropped close to the time of VC murder & other unsolved rapes. Newspapers article at the time stated it (the kimono) MAY be the first good clue to solving them, thinking there might have been a link. Theres been nothing to suggest there is/was a link in MSM since. Its been discussed many times.

There certainly has been no link to the kimono and VC's killer probably ever since Master's confessed and certainly no mention since BRE's arrest. How embarrassing would that be?

DNA had been used for convictions in Britain and USA between 1986 and 1988. It's my view that WA cops had DNA from VC's murder scene and found the same DNA on the kimono, however it was not an accepted science in Australia then, and not used in Australia for convictions for some time. However I think they were putting a message out to the crims. Then look who became head of the Criminal Investigation Bureau at this time. They got their man, and he probably was part of the murder, but it wasn't his DNA. These are just my thoughts and opinions. I respect no name and others, and their opinion as well. I can try and find the close up of the Feb 17th 1988 front page kimono article.
The first time DNA was used https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_profiling

In 1986, Richard Buckland was exonerated, despite having admitted to the rape and murder of a teenager near Leicester, the city where DNA profiling was first developed. This was the first use of DNA fingerprinting in a criminal investigation, and the first to prove a suspect's innocence.[SUP][63][/SUP] The following year Colin Pitchfork was identified as the perpetrator of the same murder, in addition to another, using the same techniques that had cleared Buckland.[SUP][64]

[/SUP]

attachment.php
attachment.php

Source: West Australian Newspaper Wednesday 17th Feb 1988

Attachments

• VC_Kimono_Clue.jpg
    VC_Kimono_Clue.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 30
  • VC_Kimono_Clue2.JPG
    VC_Kimono_Clue2.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 31
  • VC_Kimono_Clue_clipped.JPG
    VC_Kimono_Clue_clipped.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 124
  • VC_Kimono_Clue2_clipped.JPG
    VC_Kimono_Clue2_clipped.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 119
There certainly has been no link to the kimono and VC's killer probably ever since Master's confessed and certainly no mention since BRE's arrest. How embarrassing would that be?

DNA had been used for convictions in Britain and USA between 1986 and 1988. It's my view that WA cops had DNA from VC's murder scene and found the same DNA on the kimono, however it was not an accepted science in Australia then, and not used in Australia for convictions for some time. However I think they were putting a message out to the crims. Then look who became head of the Criminal Investigation Bureau at this time. They got their man, and he probably was part of the murder, but it wasn't his DNA. These are just my thoughts and opinions. I respect no name and others, and their opinion as well. I can try and find the close up of the Feb 17th 1988 front page kimono article.
The first time DNA was used https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_profiling

In 1986, Richard Buckland was exonerated, despite having admitted to the rape and murder of a teenager near Leicester, the city where DNA profiling was first developed. This was the first use of DNA fingerprinting in a criminal investigation, and the first to prove a suspect's innocence.[SUP][63][/SUP] The following year Colin Pitchfork was identified as the perpetrator of the same murder, in addition to another, using the same techniques that had cleared Buckland.[SUP][64]

[/SUP]

DNA profiling in Australia (2000-):

https://www.australianpolice.com.au...forensic-dna/convictions-using-dna-profiling/

(not to be confused with the DNA ‘testing’ presented in the Azaria Chamberlain case in the 80s: http://www.lindychamberlain.com/files/Blue_Book.pdf )

Well would have to have been b4 the Huntingdale rape in order for someone to have left it there

Hi ESH - that makes more sense. The kimono might have been stolen and left at the Huntingdale house. Maybe BRE had already stolen it and took it with him disposing of it as he ran away. MOO

Who knows Jan. There was a post article 07Jan17 Women's Clothing Riddle that Ive posted before but seems to have been removed, therefore I wont repost. It was a guy from Floreat, previously Huntingdale, who claimed that days prior to the arrest of BRE, the police had visited him to follow up on a report made 28yrs ago about women's sports apparel stolen from his clothesline.

So that extends to at least 2 separate thefts from clothes lines in the area.Would be interesting to know the time frame between the theft of the Kimono and when it was dropped

So that extends to at least 2 separate thefts from clothes lines in the area.Would be interesting to know the time frame between the theft of the Kimono and when it was dropped

I wonder if the alleged CSK liked to dress his victims in other women's clothes?

News reports say CG was (partially) clothed, but was she wearing her own clothes?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

I wonder if the alleged CSK liked to dress his victims in other women's clothes?

News reports say CG was (partially) clothed, but was she wearing her own clothes?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

Alleged CSK took KK's and JR's clothing and shoes. Both were left naked.

What's he doing with the victims' clothes, shoes, and handbags?
Trophies?
Or disposing of them somewhere?

And why leave CG wearing clothes? Weird

Hi Spooks - and if CG was partially clothed what clothes were missing. As you said were they her own clothes she was wearing. MOO

If CG was partially dressed and possibly wearing someone else's clothes (one of his previous victims) when she was found - would those clothes have been kept. If they were there might have been DNA on them which could have been tested to find DNA of other victims. MOO

Alleged CSK took KK's and JR's clothing and shoes. Both were left naked.

What's he doing with the victims' clothes, shoes, and handbags?
Trophies?
Or disposing of them somewhere?

And why leave CG wearing clothes? Weird

I get the feeling he took the clothes, stashed them somewhere and periodically got them out and fondled with them – very creepy, but may explain why he took the clothes. He took them for a reason, but wouldn't throw them out - surly.

Could it be possible he got someone to make-up a patchwork quilt – made of odd clothing. I think that's been suggested on the forum beforehand.

JR was left naked, but there were fibres from the VS Commodore found on her. Does that mean:

1. JR travelled in the car - naked

2. Were the fibres found on her feet – from sitting

Evidently car fibres have solved quite a few murder investigations – because they’re unique to the make and model. I saw that on a documentary.

Perhaps CG refused to submit to his whims and he didn't enjoy the experience. Perhaps he didn't want a reminder of CG.

These are only my thoughts and opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member