Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt if the accused was much of a stalker, if we go solely by the Karrakatta abduction. This might be a stretch, but should we consider that the only reason if LJB was killed by the accused, is because she made it known at some point during whatever was happening that she recognised her attacker, even if he didn't recognize her? "Hey, ain't you the guy that lived on Gay St?"

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
Let's not forget that BRE is accused of a breaking into a Huntingdale home and attacking a young woman (with Kimono) in 1988 when he was aged 20. There has also been mention of a 'Huntingdale Ripper' in these threads.

Could perhaps the accused have been a 'peeping tom' at the previous home of LJB prior to her leaving Huntingdale?

Would be good to get an overview of Huntingdale attacks and reported incidents - All just thoughts and IMO.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7

Has anyone got a better copy of the attached article?

I have found a translation of the article which mentions the below - however would like to verify:

"The kimono is the first good clue the police have been given in recent sex attacks in the area.
Det-Sgt Max Kiernan said the man apparently walked into the house..."

If the above is correct - what were the recent sex attacks in the area? Does this refer to Huntingdale?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 347378_ad84f9156f9683b9d8bd7cc0de71bdf0.png
    347378_ad84f9156f9683b9d8bd7cc0de71bdf0.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 215
I'm sure it is invite only - Huntingdale Primary School is having a teachers reunion soon. I know someone who is attending - I'll see if I can find out the date. So So So many questions.............

My notes on Lisa Brown include that at the time she disappeared, she did not have custody of her 2 kids and she was estranged from her family. Total heresay though as I have no record of where I got the info from.. Heh!!

I don't believe DW has been officially named by LE as a suspect in the Claremont killings. Posts have been removed, and unless someone can link to where he has officially been declared a POI, and if the only word we have on that is DW's word, that is not official and he is not to be discussed.

Thanks.

Not sure how the handbrake has now come into the conversation. Anyhow, IMO the damage to the car and the car going into the water is two separate events.

Most fishing boats have cranes or boom cranes on board.

attachment.php

https://www.heila.com/services/marine-offshore-cranes-heila/

Are you seriously suggesting that the car was deliberately placed at Cott by a boat with a crane? If I was going to go to all that trouble I would have dumped the thing out at sea to prevent discovery. As for the lights/ignition debate, they may have been in the 'on' position when the thing entered the water, but the engine would have stopped immediately and the lights would have failed shortly thereafter. They were fitted with Marelli generators and pretty much unsealed voltage regulators etc. Driving through a decent puddle was generally enough to kill everything electrical.

My notes on Lisa Brown include that at the time she disappeared, she did not have custody of her 2 kids and she was estranged from her family. Total heresay though as I have no record of where I got the info from.. Heh!!

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...-of-missing-and-murdered-20161231-gtk9el.html

This article supports what you said.

"Chris Page, the Detective Senior Constable who investigated her disappearance as part of a cold case review, said the 19-year-old was extremely vulnerable at the time.

"Lisa had become estranged from her family. She had a couple of children that she didn't have custody of and she'd developed a heroin habit," he said."

Petedavo,

In the last thread you mentioned the young man who had chased a girl in her blue car. I meant to get back to you about it.

I did look for the post, but couldn't find it. If you'd like to add that information again, I can have a look into the matter and draft a post.

OK, this will throw a spanner in the works, and set the cat amongst the pigeons.

https://youtu.be/IXlY4dZoINg

https://youtu.be/dFPgNniiOqA

Done correctly there might be damage to the side of a target vehicle. Incorrectly, the target might roll onto it's roof.

Back in 1988 there weren't videos showing how to perform these stunts. However, driver's from a speedway or a driving instructor would know.

Maybe it was a new thing? And she didn't want him to know where she lived.
Or maybe JC and the guy were role playing and adding spice to a relationship?

Just all speculation

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
Spooks,

All good points. If JC was seeing a friends ex-boyfriend she may not want anyone to know. Possibly why she didn't take him home. From memory JC was sharing the Fremantle place with a friend - presumably a lady.

Also, did JC have her key to get into the house? We could only see one key in the Fiat's boot - not a set of keys.

These are only my thoughts an opinion.

attachment.php
attachment.php

The Sunday Times July 16th 2000 pp 1, 4, 14

Note this was the first report, that published the image of the retrieved car. If you were familiar with Cott beach it would be the last place you would want to dispose of a car unless you wanted it found IMO. It wasn't deep, there was a floodlight on the water, many people used the ocean every day, joggers, clubbies, paid beach inspector on duty every week day on beach in 4WD.

Here's another report that says the lights were on.
Daily Mail Friday 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988 Beach Hunt Goes on for Missing Girl. Hotels worry that a maniac is stalking Perth’s women

...The land and sea search for missing Fremantle woman Julie Cutler, 22, continued this morning off Cottesloe beach, where her car was found 35 m off shore on Wednesday. ...

The ignition and lights were on and the driver’s window and door were open. ...

Quote iC:
"It wasn't deep, there was a floodlight on the water, many people used the ocean every day, joggers, clubbies, paid beach inspector on duty every week day on beach in 4WD." unquote .

If it wasn't deep then how did a boat get there....
Why do news reports say that paid beach inspectors didn't work in winter ?

QUOTE:"Waves average about 1 m up the beach and usually maintain a steep beach with an attached 50 m wide bar. During winter and following higher waves rips usually commence about 100 m up the beach together with permanent rips against the reefs. The reefs in particular induce stronger currents and deeper rip channels and should be avoided by swimmers."

https://www.mybeach.com.au/beach/cottesloe-beach/

Quote Innerchild :
"It wasn't deep, there was a floodlight on the water, many people used the ocean every day, joggers, clubbies, paid beach inspector on duty every week day on beach in 4WD."

IC, where was the floodlight please ?

This beach patrolling discrepancy has been mentioned a few times already during the last 6 months
Everytime, it has been ignored and unresolved .
It should be easy to settle this ?
Please could anyone help to figure out if there was or wasn't paid beach inspectors in june 1988 ?

Better still, would be to find out if the Cottesloe surf clubbies were there, at the shed or clubhouse, at the time mon 20th-weds 22nd ?

Quote from link :
Patrol list:
"The patrolling season starts in October for the 2016-2017 season and goes through to the end of March.
The 2016/2017 Patrol Calendar is now available*here."

Quote :
"Every summer season (October to April), between our iconic red and yellow flags on beaches up and down our vast WA coastline, you can find our surf lifesavers and lifeguards"

https://cottsurf.com/life-saving/patrols/

Back in 1988 there weren't videos showing how to perform these stunts. However, driver's from a speedway or a driving instructor would know.
Always possible that this 'stunt' could be accidentally discovered. And if someone did that (accidentally or otherwise), and stopped, found the driver alive, but didn't want to get in trouble... They might make the wrong choices

Thanks Meticulously,

Am I reading this correctly in that the Fiat was dragged in over a rip of deep channels and/or the bar?

Because if so, I think this may explain the dents in the side of the car if it tilted briefly to side on. To be sure BLF wasn't dragged out in one smooth action no snags.

I realise it was back in 1988 but would assume accident investigators would have been able to tell immediately if the car had been in a collision prior to the ocean ditch and the press would not only have released pictures of her and personal items etc., but also an appeal for anyone to come forward who'd been involved in or saw a collision with her Fiat. Do you think?

Quote iC:
"It wasn't deep, there was a floodlight on the water, many people used the ocean every day, joggers, clubbies, paid beach inspector on duty every week day on beach in 4WD." unquote .

If it wasn't deep then how did a boat get there....
Why do news reports say that paid beach inspectors didn't work in winter ?

QUOTE:"Waves average about 1 m up the beach and usually maintain a steep beach with an attached 50 m wide bar. During winter and following higher waves rips usually commence about 100 m up the beach together with permanent rips against the reefs. The reefs in particular induce stronger currents and deeper rip channels and should be avoided by swimmers."

Has anyone got a better copy of the attached article?

I have found a translation of the article which mentions the below - however would like to verify:

"The kimono is the first good clue the police have been given in recent sex attacks in the area.
Det-Sgt Max Kiernan said the man apparently walked into the house..."

If the above is correct - what were the recent sex attacks in the area? Does this refer to Huntingdale?

attachment.php

It would seem when the 1988 Huntingdale incident occured, the police seemed to think it was connected to the one in Victoria Park.

1987 April Victoria Clarke - aged 30 - Leonard St, Victoria Park. Not until June 1991 was David Troy Masters imprisoned for her killing. perthnow

The article uploaded is from the West Australian and I'm not sure if it contains any more information.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Kimono.png
    Kimono.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 149
Thanks Meticulously,

Am I reading this correctly in that the Fiat was dragged in over a rip of deep channels and/or the bar?

Because if so, I think this may explain the dents in the side of the car if it tilted briefly to side on. To be sure BLF wasn't dragged out in one smooth action no snags.

I realise it was back in 1988 but would assume accident investigators would have been able to tell immediately if the car had been in a collision prior to the ocean ditch and the press would not only have released pictures of her and personal items etc., but also an appeal for anyone to come forward who'd been involved in or saw a collision with her Fiat. Do you think?
Good point. I think we'd need to see all press reports at the time to rule out any such statement from the Police.

Spooks,

All good points. If JC was seeing a friends ex-boyfriend she may not want anyone to know. Possibly why she didn't take him home. From memory JC was sharing the Fremantle place with a friend - presumably a lady.

Also, did JC have her key to get into the house? We could only see one key in the Fiat's boot - not a set of keys.

These are only my thoughts an opinion.

I was wondering a similar thing .....

Was the ignition turned on PLUS were her keys in the ignition???

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

JC Fiat: was BLF kept as evidence? Or would car have been destroyed by now?

Tide charts for Cott Beach :
Meticulously did you state the tide on 19-23 June 1988 was unremarkable? Just a normal regular sized Cott winter tide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member