Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems coincidental that there was an old blue Gemini parked in BRE's driveway when he was arrested. Just saying
Beforehand it was mentioned that car belonged to CGE. We need to work out roughly how old it is, does anyone know what model it is?

Met, a lot of your recent links have been coming up with security issues or file not found? Unsure if everyone is seeing them how I am?

Met, a lot of your recent links have been coming up with security issues or file not found? Unsure if everyone is seeing them how I am?

Meticulously's posts work fine for me .

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Back in late dec the car was discussed a lot .
Here is a link to a post .
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13023186

You could search the pages around this time or go to the posters profile and check them all out etc .

Thread #8
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13021640

Hi meticulously - I am also having trouble with the links you have posted. File not found comes up. Will go back through old posts to try to find anything about the old blue car outside BRE's house. MOO

In 1986 the Kwinana Fwy didn't extend to South St. From memory the Mt Henry bridge was built in the early 1990s. Perhaps the rookie was headed to Fremantle police station, via Leach Hwy. I think that station opened 24/7.
Mount Henry Bridge was built in 1982. The freeway went as far as Leach Highway after the bridge opened and then was extended to South St, but I don't know if that was before 1986. It wasn't extended to Forrest Rd until 1991
So I did a simple extrapolation in Google Drive of using Leach Hwy then High Rd, Spencer Rd etc towards Huntingdale and only got as far as Thornlie in 30 minutes. Alternative routes using South St Nicholson Rd was the same. Furtherest I got was Berehaven and Spencer. Well short of Gay St.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Yes noname & CV , i can remember a few links that were redundant.
There was 1 or 2 that i knew failed but they had been posted over the last few months already , so they could have been seen & read before.
One was the source of the swell data information from june 1988 .
A Dropbox link i made seemed to expire,
Links may expire and thats why they didn't work now imo , but abiding by ToS rules, posted the link regardless, it had worked when posted 3 or 4 previous times,
nobody complained .

I have lots of pdfs on the ocean weather research on perths metro beaches but have always had major difficulty creating a link that works. They are about the leeuwin current and experiments with drifters off the groynes , those that showed the swirls off the tips of groynes due to longshore drift/currents.
Anyone want see them ?
Imo its just same info & same link , been posted before .
I reposted it because the best information available imo was discounted or discredited.
I will try and post them again for you and whoever else wants to see them .
Feel free to ask anything , and if you don't understand the tide charts ask [emoji6]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwXRXcZyNM3WEhDeVlmV0FVbHFtZkthdEQ3VGZjLU8xRl9n/view?usp=drivesdkfails

http://www.ecmwf.int/en/research/climate-reanalysis/era-interim

https://data.csiro.au/dap/landingpage?execution=e3s2&_eventId=viewDescriptionfails

Thats the link and source that i attempted and it might have failed ?
The doctor of physical oceanography could probably get a new link if you needed ?

To be honest im very suprised to be asked for links.
What i thought was important,
was that everyone should understand the tides at cott beach considering the word was getting thrown around randomly & incorrectly.
At least all those persons , who said "tide this" & "tide that" should have a good look at the tide chart .
Seeing that there was no interest in that,
its surprising to be asked about links..
Jmo

Theres been a few more also but Im just pointing it out, no complaints nor requests to repost. Suspect it is a tapatalk linking back to WS issue or vv, no idea how that works.

To be honest im very suprised to be asked for links.
What i thought was important,
was that everyone should understand the tides at cott beach considering the word was getting thrown around randomly & incorrectly.
At least all those persons , who said "tide this" & "tide that" should have a good look at the tide chart .
Seeing that there was no interest in that,
its surprising to be asked about links..
Jmo

Problem was metic, that your tide charts had no headings for high or low tide on the columns to indicate which was which and what was what. The same for sunset and sunrise which were the other columns IMO, so it would be impossible to know the the figures were for, unless you had viewed the original tide tables posted 6 months ago.

Graphs also didn't have labels on x or y axis so I guess you had to check the links if you wanted to know what they were saying.

However there was no argument about that I'm aware of. The tide was coming in with low tide around 8.30 pm on the 21st (other data had 10.00 pm but ??) and high tide around 10.00 am on the 22nd June. It rose around 24 cm over the approx 12 hours it took to come in. This was the same pattern for 20 -22nd June 1988. Pretty sure this is what you are saying and has been posted many times. I don't think anyone has questioned that.

Also we agree that the car couldn't have made it's way off the sand far into the water with waves and tide and weight keeping it on sand in shallows.

Hi Petedavo, good find !
in the previous thread you posted links to a Trove newspaper article.
I didn't notice this 19-6-88 synoptic and satellite image until today .
It was kind of obscured off the page .
Its another great archived weather cast .

Within the details it shows a cold night -
2° degrees Celsius on the 19th june,
Rain across perth and a cold Front , on the sunday 19th .

quotes from article :
"Cold fronts in the stream are particularly fast moving" -snip
Expected Developments:
"The current frontal lines near western Australia" -snipped.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/101990054

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13695052

Weather info ; 3pm sunday 19th june synoptic chart.
Satellite picture 'yesterday' Saturday (18th)
With cloud cover & rain statistics .

All this Boils down to meaning imo ,
is a timeframe when potentially JC disappeared and her car may have gone into the ocean.
Maybe some luck happened for the perpetrator/s, & got lucky in escaping.

Out of the 3 nights,
I think the 1st night has the best odds .
Wonder if this is why there wasn't any witnesses on cottesloe beach in the early dawn hours on monday 20th ?
Could it have been vacant perhaps due to the persistent inclement winter weather conditions ?
Does anyone know how to find out if there really was surf clubbies or beach inspectors at the time ?
b96a10e990f925453f10a1d3d152d3d7.jpg
88858b32be5b40217cd3c75a445d8a3b.jpg
15de23bed6128fefc4dbb54c4b5ca7ae.jpg
5665fa683270910a4b388256f1dd6d87.jpg

Just as well I have the real temperature for 20th June 1988, and real weather map with weather description and forecast printed in The West Australian on 21st June 1988. This is inofrmation gathered from the 20th of June and published on the 21st June 1988. As state before the West was used extensively for its forecasts and local waters forecast and I've only captured about 3/4 of what is shown on the weather page.

I've published this particular map and others here three or four times.

This is accurate minimum and maximum temperature for Perth 20th June 1988. The information on min temp previously published for Subiaco was 8 degrees but the West information also gives the exact time of the minimum. Each day from 20 - 22nd June the minimum was around 10 to 11 degrees and around 7 to 7.30 am. Didn't stop the bobbies turning up every morning at 7 am and didn't stop any other regulars that I knew.

The minimum temperature for the 20 th June 1988 was 10.7 degrees at 7.30 am. This was the coldest it got any time after midnight on 20th June. The maximum temp was 18 degrees at 2.25 pm on 20th June 1988.

I saw the original micro phish and taken notes (description below) and photos. Images I've posted three or four times now. Not sure what you are trying to gain by posting unreadable or inaccurate interpretations.

attachment.php

Source: The West Australian Tuesday 21st June 1988

The front was fragmented in structure and rainfall was only expected to be light in inland districts.

The front had brought one of the few SW changes in recent weeks, consequently colder air of southern origin was extending through the SW. Pressures are expected to rise rapidly behind the front and fine weather was expected to develop in the SW.

SW winds at 10 to 15 knots easing to 10 knots by late morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966