Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowledge from life is not the same as knowing how something actually works based on the regulations and policies. But in any case, if you present something as fact it is my understanding that you're supposed to provide a source when asked.

Legal Aid have criteria, and it's pretty strict.

Legal Aid funded Bayley's original defense, so broken parole didn't rule him out.

People have been provided funding for their appeals, after they have been found guilty in the initial trial (and are no longer considered innocent under the law). Although this is done with strict criteria, and has been shown to be limited, it does certainly happen. I have linked a below article for an example (of both funding and the strictness of criteria).

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...n/news-story/64aa21252b02b45c5893fc07c528ba9d

Moreover, that a guilty finding does not rule out funding an appeal is supported by the criticism from legal circles about the decision of Legal Aid in the Adrian Bayley case. The article I linked in my previous reply is written by a lawyer speaking on behalf of the Australian Lawyers Alliance. These are people who know the criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used used legal aid on several occasions I know how the system works , it really is not worth arguing about , believe what you like

CSK may have spent a lot of time opposite Continental hotel in the Claremont station carpark spying on who was coming and going

As women left, he must of followed them, or in Janes case, approached with face away form the camera

Amongst all the documents I'm sure will be those that have dated/come across BRE. Imagine his RSVP profile. All the girls doing a report in their diaries - Black cross - not dating him again "ghost" him. JMO

Interesting point considering he was in two relationships; the crimes occurring mid divorce with legal wife

This suggests that Jane refused to use a taxi rank to meet someone out the Continental hotel.

Someone Jane may have met prior around her workplace on Government road adjacent Karrakatta cemetery. Was Jane a non abduction?

Yes, it does support that; I agree.

Since seeing the CCTV footage I have thought JR was meeting someone, and that's why she didn't go with her friends. I think it was pre-arranged, too. She decided not to go with her friends and went back to the Conti despite the fact that IIRC from information, it was closing (if it wasn't, she didn't head back inside, which I would think she would if it was just an attempt to meet someone randomly). When she walks out on to Guigeri St she could be looking for someone.

Then MM comes along and she looks thrilled to see him. He goes off (to get a car perhaps?). She checks her watch as though she's waiting for something or someone. Then she's gone. I think either she gave up waiting and walked off and was picked up by someone she knew subsequently or she went with that person from the Conti (picked up).

Could have met earlier in the night at the OBH or a person she met around her workplace.

JMO

I do wonder, if prosecution has Telstra work log files, whether the work log files make up large quantities of evidence

There maybe Telstra vehicle asset lists also

I'm going with Spiers charges being an extension of remand. 1.5 million pieces of evidence all in filing folders.

I do ponder If they have taken the exceptional step of also digitising the evidence which can be accessed via an Excel search.

Each piece of digital evidence is all collated under a naming convention then searched via an excel workbook. It means all parties can scan with their eyes and click to a piece of digitised evidence in raster, OCR format or portable documents (PDF).

It means people don't have to have a propriety database software installed to search the secure data off an encrypted memory stick.

The accused shouldn't have too much trouble using that. The whole thing would fit on a thumb drive. beats everyone hiring trucks unnecessarily.

There will be more than the car being sole evidence.

Yes, it does support that; I agree.

Since seeing the CCTV footage I have thought JR was meeting someone, and that's why she didn't go with her friends. I think it was pre-arranged, too. She decided not to go with her friends and went back to the Conti despite the fact that IIRC from information, it was closing (if it wasn't, she didn't head back inside, which I would think she would if it was just an attempt to meet someone randomly). When she walks out on to Guigeri St she could be looking for someone.

Then MM comes along and she looks thrilled to see him. He goes off (to get a car perhaps?). She checks her watch as though she's waiting for something or someone. Then she's gone. I think either she gave up waiting and walked off and was picked up by someone she knew subsequently or she went with that person from the Conti (picked up).

Could have met earlier in the night at the OBH or a person she met around her workplace.

JMO

It conflicts with the newspaper reports of Jane being highly inebriated at Loch St, Stirling Highway

It conflicts with the newspaper reports of Jane being highly inebriated at Loch St, Stirling Highway

Yeah, those are REALLY frustrating. Not, I might add, because they interfere with my theory, but because we just don't know how they fit (whether they are accurate or not).

My reference to JR getting tired of waiting and walking off in my last post was to incorporate this. It's possible she went elsewhere, drank more and then was picked up (I was just too lazy to write that whole part), but I do believe it was by MM. Pretty easy to come across her later and say, "Oh I came back looking for you and you'd gone and then I went out for a bit".

But where? Club Bayview is the obvious choice. I know we haven't heard about her going there, but maybe that information just hasn't been released or there is just no firm evidence of it. On the other hand, though, her friend says in the CIA episode that "Jane hated Club Bayview". However, she could have gone there if she thought that's where she might meet MM.

I doubt the CSK was ever in Club Bayview. Too much risk of being seen and remembered.

The interesting thing about threads like this is how people go of on tangents , cars that nobody knows anything about , trophy boxes that may or may not exist , nobody knows what evidence actually exists and coming up with possible and maybes from decades ago
Before BRE was arrested nobody had it right , now his name , career , address etc. and a lot of his personal life is known ... it will be interesting to see how many still get it wrong

Officially I think all that has been made public is the DNA link from kimono. No other forensic evidence, not even how DNA was matched to BRE. So pretty much everything else is theory really. Hopefully there’s a lot more that’s not just circumstantial but we will be waiting a long long time for that I think. All moo.

You are totally correct - all this is - is chit chat and hypotheticals and opinions. I'm glad the WAPOL have had Gags on talking. If CGE has any interest in the Acton St property - I hope she has put a Caveat on the property. Or, she might end up with nothing. I also wonder if the property is being rented out. I know nothing - all JMO.

Officially I think all that has been made public is the DNA link from kimono. No other forensic evidence, not even how DNA was matched to BRE. So pretty much everything else is theory really. Hopefully there’s a lot more that’s not just circumstantial but we will be waiting a long long time for that I think. All moo.

Regarding the lawyer's payment - people can tap into their superannuation. Will have to pay tax though.

With regard to those who like the idea of a paperless society, how will that work if the court requires an original document - one that contains the original signature?

Documentation that has been scanned, is not the original copy. Does anyone know the legalities?

Also, how long does CCTV last? The footage of JR is over twenty years old. I hope they are looking after that evidence carefully and it's not degraded.

Can digital photos be used as evidence?

And in all the chit chat there is nothing new being said , its just the same recycled theories , may as well just cut and paste from before the arrest

100% agreed

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Good observations Owlie, it pays to read things on here. You and CV also missed one of the smarter people on here without a name who's contributed much information and provided guidance not always appreciated to keep conversations on track. Almost impossible at times.

What would I know though. Better to be missed out than poked in the eye with a stick I think. MOO.:thinking:

Sorry Innerchild, no disrespect intended to anyone I hadn’t mentioned. I only mentioned some that had stood out to me from quite along time ago, who I haven’t seen on here lately but I haven’t looked much in the past year. There are many great posters who make interesting, insightful and witty comments that I haven’t mentioned. I have much respect for Petedavo, Janwa, and many more posters and Spooky cracks me up. But these are just my opinions.

Francis Wark and Gerard Baden-Clay were both convicted on circumstantial evidence.

There was a body in the Baden-Clay murder. Her neck bruisings were part of the evidence.

You are totally correct - all this is - is chit chat and hypotheticals and opinions. I'm glad the WAPOL have had Gags on talking. If CGE has any interest in the Acton St property - I hope she has put a Caveat on the property. Or, she might end up with nothing. I also wonder if the property is being rented out. I know nothing - all JMO.

I hope her name is on the title there may have been previous financial settlements as there was a length of time between leaving him. You can only put a caveat on a property if you have legal documentation of being owed a debt eg Family Court order for asset settlement, court order Legal Aid debt demand.

If we presume the same person is responsible for the KK attack and SS disappearance, there may well have been a change in the MO. From attack and abduction to grooming and abduction. He may have been covertly grooming several girls part of the thrill being that they didn't know. With CG his plans may have been thwarted by her going to the UK. I always thought there was something strange about her disappearing so suddenly after she came back.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking...

Interesting thought but iirc, Parkie was another incarnation of Dr ****** who wrote lots of strange comments to a MSM article by Gary Jones? (I don’t think that’s right???) and wrote a lot on an AFL forum; real initials AB, who suspected the Dr accused by some of killing Susan Christie as being the CSK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member