Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jenny, didn’t the articles last week state that his defence said he was ready to proceed to trial before the SS charge was added? This means he was intending pleading not guilty as you only go to trial if pleading not guilty. That means he risks all the dirt and evidence and cross examination that comes with it but he doesn’t seem to be too concerned as he probably has nothing to lose!

I'm certain he does not necessarily have to be cross examined , he can only be cross examined if he chooses to talk in his own defence ... that is my understanding , but I may be wrong

There's a fair chance the accused could be a narcissistic psychopath with sexual sadism as his main motive. The alleged KK victim is our biggest clue that he likes to combine fear and violence with sex.

Narcissists don't seek help for mental illness as they believe there's nothing wrong with them. Therefore very minimal chance that the accused would be on meds - for anything.

There's also very little chance BRE would have schizophrenia or bipolar disorder because it appears he's too organised, can hold down a job, and he's good at (allegedly) avoiding arrest for 20+ years.

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

There's no need for police to waste time following a suspect in order to covertly obtain DNA evidence. All they have to do is arrange for the suspect to be stopped for a "random" breath test or drug test. The samples would then be sent to a laboratory for DNA analysis.
Excactly.
it was not meant specifically for this case

There's a fair chance the accused could be a narcissistic psychopath with sexual sadism as his main motive. The alleged KK victim is our biggest clue that he likes to combine fear and violence with sex.

Narcissists don't seek help for mental illness as they believe there's nothing wrong with them. Therefore very minimal chance that the accused would be on meds - for anything.

There's also very little chance BRE would have schizophrenia or bipolar disorder because it appears he's too organised, can hold down a job, and he's good at (allegedly) avoiding arrest for 20+ years.

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Yes the 20 year delay in his arrest does put him apart from others , he is either very good , very lucky or very innocent in some cases
If it turns out he is guilty of all charges and that there is nothing else involving him he would be a great case study as he seemed to have reformed himself .... and the theoretical books on such cases become useless

Hi nbates - of course medication doesn’t snap symptoms on and off like a light switch. It depends on which mental illness or whether illicit drugs and alcohol are involved. If it turns out the accused was involved in exhibitionism and masturbating in public during his teens then moving on to sex attacks in people’s homes perhaps he had a mental illness as well as being perverted. The first time I saw a picture of the accused he looked to me to be bloated in a way a lot of people with certain psychiatric illnesses look when on certain antipsychotic drugs. Of course this is just speculation. He has weight on him but definitely the bloated look I have seen in my work with people with certain mental disorders. MOO
He may have just eaten too much on the road for Telstra or as you say drank too much too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm certain he does not necessarily have to be cross examined , he can only be cross examined if he chooses to talk in his own defence ... that is my understanding , but I may be wrong

Yes of course, only if he elects to speak. But regardless all the evidence will come out..I can’t see him ever just pleading guilty.
No way.

Warnings don't seem to be enough in here.

Next person to bring up former members and/or personalize against current members gets a one week, warm and fuzzy time out.

:wave:

Unfortunately with a lot of the analysis sleuthers have done with Claremont and more particularly JC it has become fairly clear that Western Australian newspapers weren't the most accurate as to fine details of cases. Car and bus stop were obviously interchangeable.
And some of them read here and get the wrong idea too .
Especially some other cases i noticed the poor reporter in a youtube video has used some very dubious info gleaned from a contributor early in the Hayley Dodd thread .

Yes of course, only if he elects to speak. But regardless all the evidence will come out..I can’t see him ever just pleading guilty.
No way.

I agree he will not plead guilty to the murder charges , he may to some of the others if the proof is beyond doubt , that would take that evidence out of the murder trial

I believe for him to plead guilty he has to be offered something for doing so and what is there to offer , nothing I can think of apart from doing deals on what becomes public

That way he could plead guilty to the lot, the evidence is not needed , and the outside word is none the wiser

I agree he will not plead guilty to the murder charges , he may to some of the others if the proof is beyond doubt , that would take that evidence out of the murder trial

I believe for him to plead guilty he has to be offered something for doing so and what is there to offer , nothing I can think of apart from doing deals on what becomes public

That way he could plead guilty to the lot, the evidence is not needed , and the outside word is none the wiser

Judge only cases have to be published in the reasoning of findings.
Have a look at the Wark case.

Yes the 20 year delay in his arrest does put him apart from others , he is either very good , very lucky or very innocent in some cases
If it turns out he is guilty of all charges and that there is nothing else involving him he would be a great case study as he seemed to have reformed himself .... and the theoretical books on such cases become useless

He stayed off the criminal database. He immersed himself in community.

Familial technology found him.

G'day all! I have been lurking again after my self imposed exile, for awhile now, and have, of course, not stopped thinking about this horrible case. It haunts me, as I think it does all of us. I was doing some more research on the net and came across this article. It is very disturbing to think how many of these hideous serial killers/rapists are still out there, and more disturbing, how many will never be caught. Admittedly the article is from 2016, but sure some of these are still at large. Wondering too, in reading about all these horrible "individuals" just how many "serial" offenders go undetected as they change up their MO (escalate) and methods, ala Ted Bundy, different approaches etc., different types of murder/victims? With the advent of the internet these sick perverts have time to "study" techniques/styles of capture/torture/sexual perversion from others who have become "famous", in their dark little dungeons of depravity. (Shivers down spine)

I've missed so many of the lovely souls that have remained on here, faithfully holding up the banner and trying to help bring justice to this case, finally, Amen! (You can almost hear the trumpets blaring there in the background as we all march on toward the light! Stirring stuff hey?)

Keep going, we just don't know what we will discover in our meeting of minds. Bless yas all! Lamp :)

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...w/news-story/a12f720186056df4631d6b4d88893cb6

Yes but if he pleads guilty to the sexual assault/rapes cases and both those DNA’s link back to JR or CG then how does that work legally?

Hiya Lampy and others! I have been lurking and also back...albeit relocated and living on the other side of the globe now....

Caught up reading all the "back" thread.

Its good to be back with everyone.

Judge only cases have to be published in the reasoning of findings.
Have a look at the Wark case.

I do not see the connection to the Wark case , this case has not been to trial , it may be a judge only trial , it may not , that is up to BRE

Yes but if he pleads guilty to the sexual assault/rapes cases and both those DNA’s link back to JR or CG then how does that work legally?

I'm only guessing at this and do not pretend to know for sure , but if the dna case is strong in regards to the assault charges and weak in regards to the murders it would be sensible to plead guilty to the assaults and fight the dna for the murders separately... if you did both together the dna could appear strong for all

Also if he pleads guilty to some things and not others it could create doubt as to his guilt in those matters, any doubt is in his interest if he wants to fight the charges ... once again I am only guessing and I am sure someone will want to correct me

With regards to the victims being taken to Fountain Way… My thoughts are it’s plausible, if the perpetrator was either arrogant or confident enough to do so. Perhaps the victims were actually driven into the garage/carport and taken in through the back garden and through the back door. The neighbours wouldn’t be able to see into the back garden. The ladies were all small enough to carry, perhaps they were gagged or in too much pain to scream.

At the time,the E family were living at Gay St, which is a stones-throw from Fountain Way. Thinking about it, family wouldn’t visit late at night especially if they thought their separated son might bring back a date to his own home. There’s always the thought that his mother might pop around with a meal – perhaps the abductions occurred whilst the parents were at their holiday home.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Gay+St,+Huntingdale+WA+6110/Fountain+Way,+Huntingdale+WA+6110/@-32.0829712,115.9565218,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x2a3295c4592423c9:0xfc7005add1b956e2!2m2!1d115.9617692!2d-32.0885278!1m5!1m1!1s0x2a3295eab35a264f:0xd5801d36dcf78f4!2m2!1d115.9704134!2d-32.0787512!3e0

With regards to the victims being taken to Fountain Way… My thoughts are it’s plausible, if the perpetrator was either arrogant or confident enough to do so. Perhaps the victims were actually driven into the garage/carport and taken in through the back garden and through the back door. The neighbours wouldn’t be able to see into the back garden. The ladies were all small enough to carry, perhaps they were gagged or in too much pain to scream.

At the time,the E family were living at Gay St, which is a stones-throw from Fountain Way. Thinking about it, family wouldn’t visit late at night especially if they thought their separated son might bring back a date to his own home. There’s always the thought that his mother might pop around with a meal – perhaps the abductions occurred whilst the parents were at their holiday home.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Gay+St,+Huntingdale+WA+6110/Fountain+Way,+Huntingdale+WA+6110/@-32.0829712,115.9565218,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x2a3295c4592423c9:0xfc7005add1b956e2!2m2!1d115.9617692!2d-32.0885278!1m5!1m1!1s0x2a3295eab35a264f:0xd5801d36dcf78f4!2m2!1d115.9704134!2d-32.0787512!3e0

IMO totally plausibile....he could have had
as much time he needed to carry out his evil acts without looking over his shoulder..and to get the job done properly..

Simply because we know the Karrakatta victim was attacked in a vehicle, does not mean the alleged stuck to this method in any way. In fact the Karrakatta attack was seen as totally unrelated for many, many years.

We are looking at a completely different scenario imo for the three murders.

Aso, we have no idea what the police may have got even twenty years later, out of Fountain Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003