Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have thought Telstra would have Camrys.I may be wrong though. Has anyone searched around the Telstra exchanges yet? I know it has been mentoned as I saw it being discussed some time ago but I have only joined now.

Don’t think the techs had them but I’m pretty confident some staff did have the later model wagons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will start to have a look at this case now.

Have to go back and read the 35 pages here.;

Interesting - I would have thought that once a car was scrapped or wrecked that the VIN would have to be recorded through the official channels to prevent rebirthing etc but I guess that’s how it continues. Can’t imagine the Camry being sold for scrap or parts. Was 16 years old at the time of last rego and virtually worth nothing. Don’t recall seeing one on the road for many years so I doubt the parts would have been in demand.

A good point, when was the last time a good condition camry was on the road less a wagon.

Don’t think the techs had them but I’m pretty confident some staff did have the later model wagons.

A relatives work car maybe?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The alleged CSK Bradley Edwards next court appearance is on February 28th 2018, for a committal mention. At his last court appearance he was expected to enter a plea but he didn’t and state prosecutors were instructed to provide Mr Edwards' lawyer with additional documents.
All of his court appearances to date have been via video link from Hakea Prison.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/accused-claremont-serial-killer-has-court-case-delayed-ng-b88637798z
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-23/claremont-killer-accused-trial-delayed-to-next-year/9077770
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ont-killers-plea-delayed-20171023-gz6lrq.html

Does anyone know if he will appear in court in person this time and if he’ll be required to enter a plea?

The alleged CSK Bradley Edwards next court appearance is on February 28th 2018, for a committal mention. At his last court appearance he was expected to enter a plea but he didn't and state prosecutors were instructed to provide Mr Edwards' lawyer with additional documents.
All of his court appearances to date have been via video link from Hakea Prison.
Does anyone know if he will appear in court in person this time and if he’ll be required to enter a plea?
If you mean the public expected him to enter a plea at his last appearance, perhaps some did, but clearly right up until the last vacated hearing date at least one side, probably both, weren't prepared. Therefore, he was not expected to nor required to say anything. Pending both sides being ready to proceed at the next scheduled hearing, yes, it is usual that he would both appear in court and be required to enter a plea.

If you mean the public expected him to enter a plea at his last appearance, perhaps some did, but clearly right up until the last vacated hearing date at least one side, probably both, weren't prepared. Therefore, he was not expected to nor required to say anything. Pending both sides being ready to proceed at the next scheduled hearing, yes, it is usual that he would both appear in court and be required to enter a plea.

Thanks. I was just going on the WA Today article above which said the following:
“Mr Edwards was due to make his third appearance in Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court on Wednesday, with a plea likely to have been indicated but instead will appear on February 28th”.

I’d forgotten though that he appeared in person at his first court appearance. If he appears in person on Feb 28 I imagine the gallery will be jam packed.

Thanks. I was just going on the WA Today article above which said the following:
“Mr Edwards was due to make his third appearance in Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court on Wednesday, with a plea likely to have been indicated but instead will appear on February 28th”.

I’d forgotten though that he appeared in person at his first court appearance. If he appears in person on Feb 28 I imagine the gallery will be jam packed.

I would think the gallery would be packed whatever happens , it will not be known until the day whether he will appear in person or not
I have not followed all the talk about the Camry but if this story originated from the police that implies they are still collecting evidence ... they then have to notify the defence about this evidence , if that is the case the trial will probably be delayed again

I would think the gallery would be packed whatever happens , it will not be known until the day whether he will appear in person or not
I have not followed all the talk about the Camry but if this story originated from the police that implies they are still collecting evidence ... they then have to notify the defence about this evidence , if that is the case the trial will probably be delayed again
The call from the police in relation to the car relate to SS which is not part of the charges for JR and CG. So they are seperate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

https://goo.gl/images/389p3M
Wanted vehicle .
"White 1992 Toyota Camry Station Wagon"

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...nce-and-suspected-murder-20180131-h0rnw4.html
0fff8bd4641fa0bf35b41db96e0e7dac.jpg

Interesting - I would have thought that once a car was scrapped or wrecked that the VIN would have to be recorded through the official channels to prevent rebirthing etc but I guess that’s how it continues. Can’t imagine the Camry being sold for scrap or parts. Was 16 years old at the time of last rego and virtually worth nothing. Don’t recall seeing one on the road for many years so I doubt the parts would have been in demand.

Try Sims Metal in Welshpool Rd near Radium St. Not far from the Telstra Complex on Kewdale Rd. That's where most scrap cars go to after the wreckers.
They are then crushed and sent to Victoria to be melted down in Sims blast furnace to be turned into pig iron ingots to be sold to steelmakers or casting foundries

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

attachment.php
attachment.php

Re the Camry Wagon. Please see attached. The car was first sold to the Federal Govt in 1992. Dont get too excited about the Postcode 2219. The thing was first regoed in WA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180206-172934.jpg
    Screenshot_20180206-172934.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot_20180206-172942.jpg
    Screenshot_20180206-172942.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 227
attachment.php
attachment.php

Re the Camry Wagon. Please see attached. The car was first sold to the Federal Govt in 1992. Dont get too excited about the Postcode 2219. The thing was first regoed in WA

Wonder if that includes telecom.

Wonder if that includes telecom.

Yes. Telecom was still a Federal Govt entity in 1992, Became Telstra in 1993. Privatisation began in November 1997 with the issue of 'T1' shares.

Lance Williams dead! How sad. Condolences to his family and friends

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Lance Williams RIP

Poor guy. Very very sad. He may as well have been in jail for all that was done to him by being looked on as the Claremont Killer. His life was ruined. Hope he is in a better place now😞 MOO

Yes. Telecom was still a Federal Govt entity in 1992, Became Telstra in 1993. Privatisation began in November 1997 with the issue of 'T1' shares.

I am not convinced that Telstra/Telecom used government plates on their cars pre-1997. I could be wrong. PD may have a better idea. In any case if Government cars were used enough they were sold at auction after about 2 years, so could quite easily be a private vehicle at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990