Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinnaker - are the above details "free" Or, is this what $36.95 buys?

Was this Toyota Camry ever one of the many white cars parked outside BRE’s house? MOO

Spinnaker - are the above details "free" Or, is this what $36.95 buys?

It was about $11 Eaglette - don’t think you can get the names of previous owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this Toyota Camry ever one of the many white cars parked outside BRE’s house? MOO
I have kept some of the notes regarding the vehicles…..

Former post regarding the work vehicles outside No. 344….

the vehicle in driveway of 344. I have had a squiz at Landgate aerials and it first appears on 12/12/2004 and last appearance is 23/3/2011. After the lastappearance 2 white station wagons appear with the occasional 3rd white vehicle which appears to be some sort of work vehicle. Posted by Papertrail –post No. 1110

There was mention of a station wagon, late 1989. Lakeway drive-in incident, which was an abduction from outside the Cottesloe Hotel carpark.

1989 - Late ’89 – Teenager- Abducted from car park opposite Cottesloe Hotel – bundled into the back of a station wagon. Attempted rape at Lakeway drive-in Swanbourne. Escaped but was recaptured back in Claremont. He was aged about 30 and hard whiskers.

Note: BREs age 21, DMs age 34
Post Newsp.

1994 article reads Holden Commodore…

Approx. 1994 - Central Claremont Carpark, attempted abduction. Married woman and her brother in car park. Man with white Holden Commodore asked for help with reaching inside Commodore to locate his car keys. Websths

Did Telstra ever use the Camrys?

Yes. Definitely had Camry wagons at one stage but don’t recall that model being used but I was only 7 or 8. The more rounded model after that yes, my uncle had one. They were a common fleet vehicle.

8ba8ae04c0a9d81e44ad747428f8970b.jpg

There was mention of a station wagon, late 1989. Lakeway drive-in incident, which was an abduction from outside the Cottesloe Hotel carpark.

1989 - Late ’89 – Teenager- Abducted from car park opposite Cottesloe Hotel – bundled into the back of a station wagon. Attempted rape at Lakeway drive-in Swanbourne. Escaped but was recaptured back in Claremont. He was aged about 30 and hard whiskers.

Note: BREs age 21, DMs age 34
Post Newsp.

Wagon was a 92 model. Doubt he had it in 89.

Toyota Camry timeline. manufactured 1992 deregistered 2008. Indicates to me that the person currently under charge for the murders of Ciara and Jane, BRE, changed vehicle preference between Sarah and Jane. In Jane's case as we know, there is a white Commodore VS model stationwagon involved. Was this BRE's personal vehicle or one connected to his employment? The immediate change of vehicle (within 134 days after Sarah - that is the days between Sarah and Jane's abductions) indicates that the vehicle involved with Sarah's abduction has been offloaded/destroyed pretty quickly !

If it is involved in the Sarah's abduction it may have been in control of the perpetrator/s prior to 1996. Therefore it would not be housed at 344 Acton. It would be at the Fountain Way Huntingdale address or the Madora Bay address - or elsewhere.

It is quite possible it was owned by his 1st wife Esieuw isn't it? Fountain Way sold on 2/4/1997 the day prior to Ciara's discovery therefore if the vehicle was BRE/hers it had been registered for a further 11 years. House selling in 1997 would indicate the marital separation took place well and truly before that date.

When did he (actually) get together with Catherine is probably the burning question that needs answering imo. Perhaps she had a stationwagon for hauling sports gear given she was pretty heavily connected with sports coaching and not just the little athletics sports groups. Were they connected sometime earlier than 1996 and this was the reason for the separation/divorce from 1st wife?

Did Catherine have a Toyota Camry and if she did, where would it have been garaged? Was 344 owned by her prior to her meeting BRE? The vehicle would not have been passed down to Catherine's daughter prior to 2008 as she was born in 1994 therefore would not be driving until about 2012. Could the vehicle have been owned and housed by Catherine's male sibling who also is connected to a property in Acton Way. Or perhaps her parents who are connected to a property in Kewdale?

Have WAPOL checked aerial photographs to see what vehicles are parked in the carpark behind 616 Stirling Highway the address of Catherine's parents restaurant.

Could the vehicle have been located in Broome with BRE male sibling? Given his current (very) close connection with someone of aboriginal decent, could the vehicle be on an outlying aboriginal community near Broome or his current location (which is not Broome) further north?

We don't know from the vehicle de-registration year of 2008 that it was actually in the ownership of someone connected to the perpetrator/s up until that year. More likely imo that 2008 de-registration was done by the next vehicle owner.

Where there any wild fires in Perth surrounding bushland after Sarah's 1996 disappearance? Was there a burnt-out stationwagon discovered at one of these locations subjected to fire?

If the vehicle had been subjected to scrap demolition do the dealers note the VIN of vehicles?

3 vehicles involved. 1995 Karrakatta event - some type of light coloured panelvan/work vehicle, 1996 (alleged) 1992 white Toyota Camry and white VS 1995 model Commodore stationwagon. Has there ever been any mention of the type of vehicle involved with Ciara; yeah I know they reckon it was the Holden stationwagon she was seen near on Stirling Highway but could that vehicle have been a Toyota Camry?

interesting. Someone driving a Toyota Camry stationwagon would have appeared pretty harmless wouldn't they ; family orientated run of the mill vehicle! Not flashy in any sense. Nothing to 'catch the eye' of witnesses, just a normal joe blogs run of the mill putput vehicle. Pretty well planned I would say.

"Your honour, we need more time to allow for public response to this new lead.."

Vehicles in western Australia can be deregistered and sold on for spare parts or scrapping without the details of the vin and any other info about the vehicles identification passing on to the new owner, especially if the new owner is not purchasing the vehicle with the internet to register the vehicle again eg: sam has a camry that he hit a roo in and needs the front end, buys a cheap unlicensed Camry, does the work and flogs the rest of the car to the local scrap heap or rubbish dump.

I think the police should release more info maybe with permission of last person it was registered to so that if it was purchased as a spare parts car whoever took delivery of it may realise what they have and come forward.

There is always the case of rebirthing a vehicle also, someone with a pranged Camry wagon with a little mechanical knowledge could easily have bought it removed identifying plates and stuck their own motor and gearbox in it and put their registered compliance plates on it and none would be any wiser of it unless they managed to match the chassis number up. If this is the case then that person would most likely not come forward out of fear of getting in trouble for doing so.

Vehicles in western Australia can be deregistered and sold on for spare parts or scrapping without the details of the vin and any other info about the vehicles identification passing on to the new owner, especially if the new owner is not purchasing the vehicle with the internet to register the vehicle again eg: sam has a camry that he hit a roo in and needs the front end, buys a cheap unlicensed Camry, does the work and flogs the rest of the car to the local scrap heap or rubbish dump.

I think the police should release more info maybe with permission of last person it was registered to so that if it was purchased as a spare parts car whoever took delivery of it may realise what they have and come forward.

There is always the case of rebirthing a vehicle also, someone with a pranged Camry wagon with a little mechanical knowledge could easily have bought it removed identifying plates and stuck their own motor and gearbox in it and put their registered compliance plates on it and none would be any wiser of it unless they managed to match the chassis number up. If this is the case then that person would most likely not come forward out of fear of getting in trouble for doing so.

Interesting - I would have thought that once a car was scrapped or wrecked that the VIN would have to be recorded through the official channels to prevent rebirthing etc but I guess that’s how it continues. Can’t imagine the Camry being sold for scrap or parts. Was 16 years old at the time of last rego and virtually worth nothing. Don’t recall seeing one on the road for many years so I doubt the parts would have been in demand.

Perhaps BRE used the Telstra vehicles after hours. Also, it's possible he may have purchased an ex Telstra fleet vehicle.

Recently, I posted examples of a history of incidents involving station wagons.

Sarah Spiers

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/p...nce-and-suspected-murder-20180131-h0rnw4.html

“It was later revealed the driver of the car had noticed another car in his rear-vision mirror as he took off at the green light.”

The man later told police the car had appeared to turn its lights off, and he assumed it was Sarah's taxi.”

First time it has ever been mentioned that the driver who saw SS waiting for taxi saw the car that was stopped at lights behind him turn his lights off. MOO

This really annoys me that we are only finding out now that the witness who last saw SS on Stirling Rd didn’t mention that the car behind him at the lights on Stirling Highway turned it’s lights off before turning the corner. Or at least it wasn’t mentioned to public. To me this is huge. It’s obvious that was the person who blitz attacked SS. He hid himself by turning car lights off and parked near her to then blitz attacked her. I think it was said to be a station wagon so it may well have been the station wagon the police are now looking for. MOO

Toyota Camry timeline. manufactured 1992 deregistered 2008. Indicates to me that the person currently under charge for the murders of Ciara and Jane, BRE, changed vehicle preference between Sarah and Jane. In Jane's case as we know, there is a white Commodore VS model stationwagon involved. Was this BRE's personal vehicle or one connected to his employment? The immediate change of vehicle (within 134 days after Sarah - that is the days between Sarah and Jane's abductions) indicates that the vehicle involved with Sarah's abduction has been offloaded/destroyed pretty quickly !

If it is involved in the Sarah's abduction it may have been in control of the perpetrator/s prior to 1996. Therefore it would not be housed at 344 Acton. It would be at the Fountain Way Huntingdale address or the Madora Bay address - or elsewhere.

It is quite possible it was owned by his 1st wife Esieuw isn't it? Fountain Way sold on 2/4/1997 the day prior to Ciara's discovery therefore if the vehicle was BRE/hers it had been registered for a further 11 years. House selling in 1997 would indicate the marital separation took place well and truly before that date.

When did he (actually) get together with Catherine is probably the burning question that needs answering imo. Perhaps she had a stationwagon for hauling sports gear given she was pretty heavily connected with sports coaching and not just the little athletics sports groups. Were they connected sometime earlier than 1996 and this was the reason for the separation/divorce from 1st wife?

Did Catherine have a Toyota Camry and if she did, where would it have been garaged? Was 344 owned by her prior to her meeting BRE? The vehicle would not have been passed down to Catherine's daughter prior to 2008 as she was born in 1994 therefore would not be driving until about 2012. Could the vehicle have been owned and housed by Catherine's male sibling who also is connected to a property in Acton Way. Or perhaps her parents who are connected to a property in Kewdale?

Have WAPOL checked aerial photographs to see what vehicles are parked in the carpark behind 616 Stirling Highway the address of Catherine's parents restaurant.

Could the vehicle have been located in Broome with BRE male sibling? Given his current (very) close connection with someone of aboriginal decent, could the vehicle be on an outlying aboriginal community near Broome or his current location (which is not Broome) further north?

We don't know from the vehicle de-registration year of 2008 that it was actually in the ownership of someone connected to the perpetrator/s up until that year. More likely imo that 2008 de-registration was done by the next vehicle owner.

Where there any wild fires in Perth surrounding bushland after Sarah's 1996 disappearance? Was there a burnt-out stationwagon discovered at one of these locations subjected to fire?

If the vehicle had been subjected to scrap demolition do the dealers note the VIN of vehicles?

3 vehicles involved. 1995 Karrakatta event - some type of light coloured panelvan/work vehicle, 1996 (alleged) 1992 white Toyota Camry and white VS 1995 model Commodore stationwagon. Has there ever been any mention of the type of vehicle involved with Ciara; yeah I know they reckon it was the Holden stationwagon she was seen near on Stirling Highway but could that vehicle have been a Toyota Camry?

interesting. Someone driving a Toyota Camry stationwagon would have appeared pretty harmless wouldn't they ; family orientated run of the mill vehicle! Not flashy in any sense. Nothing to 'catch the eye' of witnesses, just a normal joe blogs run of the mill putput vehicle. Pretty well planned I would say.

Great post Papertrail - very insightful as always.

My take is the Camry once belonged 9or had access to) to the csk who is in jail now. I guess they want to dna it to see if they can link it to other women going missing.

I wouldn't have thought Telstra would have Camrys.I may be wrong though. Has anyone searched around the Telstra exchanges yet? I know it has been mentoned as I saw it being discussed some time ago but I have only joined now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo