Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether the alleged CSK BRE is guilty or not or the CSK is someone else, which of the four options do you think pertains to the CSK, Spooky?
Do you think the CSK whoever it is just stopped after the 3 Claremont cases?
Do you think the accused BRE is guilty and he didn’t stop till he was arrested (this question is probably subjudice)? If BRE is not the CSK do you think the CSK is dead, either killed himself, was himself murdered or died of accident, overdose or natural causes?
Or do you think whether the accused/alleged BRE is the CSK or it’s someone else, that they just burnt out and stopped.
Or do you think whoever it is kept going and moved to other areas and there are more cases attributable to him in other suburbs or country towns? And if so, which other cases do you think are attributable to the CSK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t Parkie the person who ceased posting upon the arrest of BRE?

yes but PCS know him very well.

Wondering if it is what many mentioned when this all first broke. Not sure if we can say too much on the specifics, but familial DNA was the bases. Moo.

Could have been - but how did they covertly obtain his. Was it done in a legal/ethical fashion. They didn’t go in there with the TRG without confirmation the DNA was a match prior to his arrest.

Yes and other references. She didn't know the nice guy she was talking to in HJ could get so angry (from memory), and mentioning the earphones she had on.

"Yes and other references."

So do you believe that the mention of the "gold skirt" was therefore incriminating the poster, who knew something not known to the public and only to the perpetrator [emoji780]

Was wondering if anyone here had a copy of, or knows where to find the Tiger Moth video? I didn't get a copy of it downloaded when it was on YouTube. Very interested in viewing that again.
Yes will look if still available to send.
Anybody got any idea who created the tigermoth video[emoji782]
That seemed to be released a month before the suspect was charged & arrested which is pretty weird .
What was it all about [emoji782] Created to derail & distract the investigations perhaps [emoji782]
How about the Claremont Ghost videos [emoji782]

Whether the alleged CSK BRE is guilty or not or the CSK is someone else, which of the four options do you think pertains to the CSK, Spooky?
Do you think the accused BRE is guilty and he didn’t stop till he was arrested (this question is probably subjudice)? If BRE is not the CSK do you think the CSK is dead, either killed himself, was himself murdered or died of accident, overdose or natural causes?
Or do you think whether the accused/alleged BRE is the CSK or it’s someone else, that they just burnt out and stopped.
Or do you think whoever it is kept going and moved to other areas and there are more cases attributable to him in other suburbs or country towns? And if so, which other cases do you think are attributable to the CSK?

Sorry for delayed response......

If the accused is the actual CSK, and he did perhaps stop (allegedly) offending, I think possibly it due to a combination of:
1) having achieved some pre-determined (alleged) SK goal set by himself,
2) sustaining a physical injury preventing him from being physically capable of restraining and/or carrying (alleged future) victims,
3) he possibly found other interests/hobbies that satiated his alleged SK urges,
4) his life situation made it more difficult to find enough spare time to allegedly commit crimes without raising suspicion,
5) too many people in his house asking awkward questions, like 'where were you?' from his ex, or 'why do you do that Daddy?' from an enquiring child,
6) he was enjoying the infamy and observing the 'media and police reports' released to the public,
7) realising that Forensic Science was catching up on him and advances in Forensics was making apprehension and conviction of criminals more prevalent.
or
8) he just decided to stop! No reason necessary!

Just all speculation...........

Could have been - but how did they covertly obtain his. Was it done in a legal/ethical fashion. They didn’t go in there with the TRG without confirmation the DNA was a match prior to his arrest.

Hopefully it will hold up however they got it!!! Moo

Sorry for delayed response......

If the accused is the actual CSK, and he did perhaps stop (allegedly) offending, I think possibly it due to a combination of:
1) having achieved some pre-determined (alleged) SK goal set by himself,
2) sustaining a physical injury preventing him from being physically capable of restraining and/or carrying (alleged future) victims,
3) he possibly found other interests/hobbies that satiated his alleged SK urges,
4) his life situation made it more difficult to find enough spare time to allegedly commit crimes without raising suspicion,
5) too many people in his house asking awkward questions, like 'where were you?' from his ex, or 'why do you do that Daddy?' from an enquiring child,
6) he was enjoying the infamy and observing the 'media and police reports' released to the public,
7) realising that Forensic Science was catching up on him and advances in Forensics was making apprehension and conviction of criminals more prevalent.
or
8) he just decided to stop! No reason necessary!

Just all speculation...........
#7 makes the most sensible explanation to me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I put it down to Jane Marwick and Gary Shannon's campaign on 6PR to find Sarah at the time. Jane knew Sarah and her family. Jane's cousin, Julie Cutler had previously disappeared.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I re watched the Crime Investigation Australia show and her sister Amanda called Sarah's work at 8.15am on Monday morning to catch up with her and called friends when Sarah wasn't around. Amanda hadn't been at home on the Sunday night. At 8.45am she called the police. Jane went to Iona and I have read somewhere she was a boarder the connection to Sarah may have been through Iona.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/pe...enager-sarah-spiers-was-missing-ng-b88755740z

Been theorised that familiar DNA found to match DNA related to case. Then work backwards till POI found from family circle, then watch and build case to link POI to murders, then arrest POI and take DNA legally.
Only need (Point) .81 % common DNA match means 91% chance you have common ancestry.
.81 common DNA ends roughly at 3rd cousins, potentially large pool of familiar DNA, depending on breeding program.
Meaning a not so near relative to accused could have committed crime, then DNA taken and this partially matched DNA on data base.

Wonder how long police were watching him, with Ivan Milat they watched for while and even let him know near the end. JMO

Yes, it does support that; I agree.

Since seeing the CCTV footage I have thought JR was meeting someone, and that's why she didn't go with her friends. I think it was pre-arranged, too. She decided not to go with her friends and went back to the Conti despite the fact that IIRC from information, it was closing (if it wasn't, she didn't head back inside, which I would think she would if it was just an attempt to meet someone randomly). When she walks out on to Guigeri St she could be looking for someone.

Then MM comes along and she looks thrilled to see him. He goes off (to get a car perhaps?). She checks her watch as though she's waiting for something or someone. Then she's gone. I think either she gave up waiting and walked off and was picked up by someone she knew subsequently or she went with that person from the Conti (picked up).

Could have met earlier in the night at the OBH or a person she met around her workplace.

JMO

If it was someone she met earlier in the night, wouldn’t the Police have ascertained that by interviewing J’s friends?

JRs reaction to MM has had me stumped since I first saw the video 10 years ago....
There was some familiarity there...either he joked with her along the lines of “Hey baby, how much for the night? Ha ha” or their paths had crossed before...somewhere somehow...but where and how?

They could have followed the suspect around covertly until he drank a glass of beer in a public place then swooped in as soon as he left to collect the 'dna sample'! They may also advise bar staff to specifically collect the glass for the detectives who request help from the management .
JmO

Frankie How well would you say they know each other ?
they have the same brain

https://youtu.be/eTpMkQV_bfk

This is a very chilling video .
J Rimmer cctv screen shot from the mystery man cctv on youtube
5986de25deebca9cb15986e7d979768e.jpg

Wondering if it is what many mentioned when this all first broke. Not sure if we can say too much on the specifics, but familial DNA was the bases. Moo.

There was a lot of discussion about familial DNA not long before the arrest. I thought it was an article in The Post but haven’t been able to find the link. I was able to find this article in The West, though it doesn’t answer the question about whether there was a DNA match prior to the arrest of the accused. But it provides some clarity around the kimono/robe IMO.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/silk...ved-to-have-provided-vital-clue-ng-b88337818z

If it was someone she met earlier in the night, wouldn’t the Police have ascertained that by interviewing J’s friends?

JRs reaction to MM has had me stumped since I first saw the video 10 years ago....
There was some familiarity there...either he joked with her along the lines of “Hey baby, how much for the night? Ha ha” or their paths had crossed before...somewhere somehow...but where and how?

With regards to JR's friends knowing about her meeting him earlier in the night, maybe not. IF she stayed back to meet someone specific, she kept that from them, too. I've done it - been out with friends when I was younger and been worried they will judge me so I've kept it from them. Many places she could have encountered him separate to them - the OBH is quite a big place from memory. But that's just a theory.

Yeah, the MM reaction is an interesting one. It's not clear the degree to which she knew them. But I don't think it's just someone random coming along and sharing a joke. The reaction is too comfortable and genuine. JMO

Paths could have crossed any number of places. A really charming guy could have had a couple of chats with her that seemed completely innocuous at the time, but were enough that when he walked past she recalled him and was pleased to see him. Might never have mentioned them to anyone. Could have happened anywhere (supermarket, coffee shop, carpark).

One thing I think about the CSK is that they'd be good at reading people. So if JR was lonely and wanted to meet someone, as one of her friends said in the CIA documentary, I think he would have easily spotted that and manipulated it.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

I re watched the Crime Investigation Australia show and her sister Amanda called Sarah's work at 8.15am on Monday morning to catch up with her and called friends when Sarah wasn't around. Amanda hadn't been at home on the Sunday night. At 8.45am she called the police. Jane went to Iona and I have read somewhere she was a boarder the connection to Sarah may have been through Iona.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/pe...enager-sarah-spiers-was-missing-ng-b88755740z

I don’t have a reference at hand but all of the articles I’ve read said Jane went to Hollywood High School and that Ciara and Sarah went to Iona (as well as Julie Cutler and a West Australian woman who disappeared from Geelong many years later) and that Ciara’s Mum worked there. I believe Sarah was a boarder as her family were from the country, her Dad being a shearer.

Yes will look if still available to send.
Anybody got any idea who created the tigermoth video[emoji782]
That seemed to be released a month before the suspect was charged & arrested which is pretty weird .
What was it all about [emoji782] Created to derail & distract the investigations perhaps [emoji782]
How about the Claremont Ghost videos [emoji782]

While I was looking for the CIA documentary the other day I saw a whole lot of “Brain Scratch” videos on YouTube. I didn’t watch them and have no idea whether they’re news style or weird style like Claremont Ghost and Tiger Moth???

"Yes and other references."

So do you believe that the mention of the "gold skirt" was therefore incriminating the poster, who knew something not known to the public and only to the perpetrator [emoji780]

I figure the gold skirt was a deliberate attempt to make it seem that the author knew more about the case than they did to mislead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StringTheory3333