Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brev,

It's not your mind ... with disappearing pictures there one second gone the next, the vanished documentaries, links there yesterday but not today and of course the disappearing roller doors. They will have us doubting our sanity by the time this thing goes to trial.

:fence:

thanks for your response, innerchild,
I wondered if my mind was playing tricks!

the single image I uploaded is unedited ie. taken straight from meticulously's CCTVversion.

but I can not UNSEE the detail I'v described in this image - no matter how many times I look at it -
and that detail is MUCH clearer if you increase the exposure (I have experimented)

[emoji887]

thanks for your response, innerchild,
I wondered if my mind was playing tricks!
the single image I uploaded is unedited ie. taken straight from meticulously's CCTVversion.
BUT I can not UNSEE the detail I'v described in this image - no matter how many times I look at it -
and that detail is MUCH clearer if you increase the exposure (I have experimented)
as for body position, "she" doesn't seem to be quite "on" the roof, but appears to be either getting up on / or getting down from it.
It makes me wonder whether there was some sort of sneaky After Hours private party/rave/shindig happening on the upper level.
I am really hoping we can sleuth this image further.
[emoji887]
Does it seem that if there is a person helping her up or down, their body has been removed?

What do you see as the timestamp as I'm unable to make it out?

This site has Post Newspapers, but only from 14/3/15 to 26/2/2016
https://www.scribd.com/user/67740410/POST-Newspapers/uploads

And another site for archives
It has newspapers from 8/2008 to 7/2010.
https://subipost.wordpress.com/

Archive of 2017 Post Newspaper editions on the wayback machine
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://postnewspapers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017//*
Use same technique to look at other years by altering the year in the URL above.
Or look at the lot http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://postnewspapers.com.au/wp-content/uploads//*
Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Does it seem that if there is a person helping her up or down, their body has been removed?

What do you see as the timestamp as I'm unable to make it out?

I'v just done this quickly, and could do a better job but have to go in a tick...

enhanced time stamp >
f0688b652f45c665211e5c858053d811.jpg

and I don't believe whoever is assisting has been edited out, but a very tall, lean person, who is perhaps using the verandah post to support their own self while the female either climbs up or is assisted down.
She is NOT wearing anything other than under garment on her lower half.
here ... increased exposure, clarity and reduced blacks >
5c38986949bc7431aa90417b2338218f.jpg

what kind of vehicle is that???
I can also see possibly the outline of other person(s) on the stairs to the left of the pic
and is there an extended hand of a person in the shadows on the roof who is letting her down from the rooftop onto the shoulder of the tall one below...

from there, she could have been whisked away in the vehicle ... JMO, but I'm very convinced!
original link https://youtu.be/hbbg-FVij4c
[emoji887]

RSBM.....
And apologies if I'v overlooked any earlier discussion of this particular version of CCTV surveillance from the night of Jane Rimmer's disappearance ; It is clearly different to that shown in Steve Liebman's documentary.
Is it an official version?
Because I couldn't help but notice it contains a single flash frame of the Hotel's ice machine which, from memory, we established (in about thread#9 ?) was situated at the rear of the premises where there was a general employee's throughfare which would necessarily have also served as an alternative entrance/exit for the public per OHS purpose and requirement.
I'm wondering if there was vehicle access at that point eg. for deliveries?......
....snipped...
I'v zoomed the frame's time stamp closely, and if correct about the hour, could this view possibly provide further insight as to which direction Jane disappeared? Did she in fact really leave the Hotel when last sighted, or did she simply walk a few metres to the bottleshop and rear parking area around the corner ?
frame seen at the 45second mark in above linked video
cache.php

...a speculated theory much dependent on both my interpretation of the time stamp in the single frame of the ice machine, and the authenticity of this CCTV version posted for further sleuthing.
[emoji887]

re: Rear doors at Conti

LOCAL KNOWLEDGE POST! No web source sorry.

These entrances to Conti was STAFF and DELIVERIES ONLY. The delivery door is the dark rectangle in centre of pic on RHS of ice machine.

IIRC through these doors was a storage room (come thoroughfare) for storage of extra alcohol and where staff could leave their bags and belongings etc. If you stand just inside this doorway, to the left was the bottle shop staff entrance. To the right was a short corridor, that had doors to (staff) toilets in the corridor, which then led into the main Conti pub ground floor area.

One security bouncer always patrolled these rear access staff/deliveries entrances, and another stood at the end of the corridor (inside the main Conti area).

Punters weren't allowed in this back area or through these rear entrances - unless of course they knew the bouncers and the bouncers let the punters in at the rear, so the punters could jump the line at the front of the pub.

If JR walked this one, security would have seen her, or cameras would have (hopefully) recorded this walkthrough.

re Outdoor Staircase in pic.
Again no public or punter access or exit - the staircase led up to 1st floor, and the door was locked from the outside. Staff pounding on this 1st floor rear door got the bouncer standing inside door to open door for staff. FYI Conti 1st floor was utilised as private function area or public pub space, depending on demand.
Outdoor staircase then led up 2nd floor which was office and apartment space. One of the Conti owners/managers lived upstairs for a while, but I can't recall whether or not that was during CSK period. The security bouncer at ground floor staff/deliveries rear door also manned the staircase.

My memory is dodgy so happy for sleuths with local knowledge to assist me!

attachment.php
attachment.php

We are told the last vision of her is at 04.20am. However...?

Attachments

• 04.20_last_vision_JR.JPG
    04.20_last_vision_JR.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 04.53_JR_gone.JPG
    04.53_JR_gone.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 181
Thanks PD it's still blurry but I can pick out the first few words "Police have asked a Floreat man for more information..
Found it

http://web.archive.org/web/20170106....com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/070117.pdf

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a9ba31bea277/070117.pdf
8cbbf6c6cbc1018bfe61cbfed833c09f.jpg

Does not mention whether the Kimono was one of the items stolen from his line, nor whether it was on the night of the alleged Huntingdale attack. There might be others that also reported stolen items of washing too which police would've also approached to find out if they had information that would lead to the likely culprit.
There is nothing to suggest that Mr Ardley is anyway related to the alleged victim of the Huntingdale attack in this article. If he was, I'd doubt if he'd go to Brett Christian telling the world about it. IMO

Thanks PD It's come through ok.

Women’s clothing riddlePolice have asked a Floreatman for more informationabout the 1988 theft ofwomen’s clothing from hiswashing line in Huntingdale.The request came just daysbefore Bradley Edwards wascharged with the murdersof Jane Rimmer and CiaraGlennon.Floreat resident JeremyArdley lived in Huntingdalein 1988. Mr Edwards hasbeen charged with indecentlyassaulting an 18-year-oldHuntingdale woman in 1988.“The police called us upabout that a few days beforethe recent arrest of BradleyEdwards,” Mr Ardley said.Mr Ardley said police askedhim if he recalled anythingabout the 28-year-old crime, inwhich women’s sports apparelhad been stolen.“They asked, ‘Do you recall anythingunusual in the area aroundthat date?’” Mr Ardley said.He said he was impressed policehad continued to follow upeven seemingly minor issues.Bradley Edwards is accusedof murdering Ms Rimmer (23)in 1996 and Ms Glennon (27) in1997. They were abducted andmurdered after nights out inClaremont.Anyone with potentiallyrelevant information from thetime of the Claremont offencesshould contact police.Mr Edwards (48) is due to appearin court again on January25 on two counts of wilful murder,two of deprivation of liberty,two of aggravated sexualpenetration without consent,one of breaking and enteringa dwelling with intent, and oneof indecent assault.

Brevette,

Snipped for brevity….

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7b2338218f.jpg

I think the lady who’s either climbing up or down has something wrapped around her waist – perhaps a jumper or jacket.

Found it

http://web.archive.org/web/20170106....com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/070117.pdf

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a9ba31bea277/070117.pdf
8cbbf6c6cbc1018bfe61cbfed833c09f.jpg

Does not mention whether the Kimono was one of the items stolen from his line, nor whether it was on the night of the alleged Huntingdale attack. There might be others that also reported stolen items of washing too which police would've also approached to find out if they had information that would lead to the likely culprit.
There is nothing to suggest that Mr Ardley is anyway related to the alleged victim of the Huntingdale attack in this article. If he was, I'd doubt if he'd go to Brett Christian telling the world about it. IMO
Thanks PD It's come through ok.

Women’s clothing riddlePolice have asked a Floreatman for more informationabout the 1988 theft ofwomen’s clothing from hiswashing line in Huntingdale.The request came just daysbefore Bradley Edwards wascharged with the murdersof Jane Rimmer and CiaraGlennon.Floreat resident JeremyArdley lived in Huntingdalein 1988. Mr Edwards hasbeen charged with indecentlyassaulting an 18-year-oldHuntingdale woman in 1988.“The police called us upabout that a few days beforethe recent arrest of BradleyEdwards,” Mr Ardley said.Mr Ardley said police askedhim if he recalled anythingabout the 28-year-old crime, inwhich women’s sports apparelhad been stolen.“They asked, ‘Do you recall anythingunusual in the area aroundthat date?’” Mr Ardley said.He said he was impressed policehad continued to follow upeven seemingly minor issues.Bradley Edwards is accusedof murdering Ms Rimmer (23)in 1996 and Ms Glennon (27) in1997. They were abducted andmurdered after nights out inClaremont.Anyone with potentiallyrelevant information from thetime of the Claremont offencesshould contact police.Mr Edwards (48) is due to appearin court again on January25 on two counts of wilful murder,two of deprivation of liberty,two of aggravated sexualpenetration without consent,one of breaking and enteringa dwelling with intent, and oneof indecent assault.
Mr Ardley is probably 1 of many that reported snowdropping from clotheslines in Huntingdale and peeping toms at the time. No doubt police have re-interviewed all of the complainants.

Thanks to all that replied to my comments about ancestry DNA - I did giggle at the one about having a family member annoying everyone with the family tree ha.

In response to CyberRH,
in a world where identities are easily stolen I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to use a bogus address (or empty house as the address), using something like TOR would at least slow the Police down a hell of a lot in regards to an IP or going to Maccas with big sunnies and oversized clothing etc to hide your appearance and using a stolen credit card could possibly get you away with them not knowing anything about you at all. I mean there are definitely some super paranoid crazies out there that would do that type of stuff for less if you get my drift. May not be entirely foolproof but yeah.

Brevette,

Snipped for brevity….

I think the lady who’s either climbing up or down has something wrapped around her waist – perhaps a jumper or jacket.

Seriously creepy.. thanks for link to the vid. Tricky to land on the right frame which has me wondering why it was ever there apart from a message to csk. I am sure it’s been spoken about but as per other users I can’t unsee that..

You must have been a bad boy. Not as bad as you!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Underoath

The brother has finally decided to remove their account from FB.

Anyone take a screen shot of the "burn of the century"???

It replied to BE's comment to his brother on Dec 10 "

BE- Maybe you are on a "no ride" list. Must have been a bad boy when you were younger."

The comment "Not as bad as you" was made in reply on Friday after the arrest.

Mobile phone security expert, funny that!

Mr Ardley is probably 1 of many that reported snowdropping from clotheslines in Huntingdale and peeping toms at the time. No doubt police have re-interviewed all of the complainants.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Western-Australia-19&p=13795673#post13795673

Jan, i wrote this article out in full when it was discussed in the previous thread. The link,to the beginning of thread 19 is above and the article is at #14.

Thanks no name I found your today's info as you were posting. I had word searched and got PDs past post. Living in the area I was aware of the clothing being stolen. To some teenagers it's a rite of passage to be annoying, to a few it's a way of getting clothes if you are a closet cross dresser and occasionally its for more sinister reasons.

Brevette,

Snipped for brevity….

canningVale,
I believe she is certainly wearing a black (or dark coloured) jacket on her upper torso, but I see only nickers and bare legs on her bottom half.
b1c06ddfc4b58a8fed618a5867d7257a.jpg

attachment.php
attachment.php

We are told the last vision of her is at 04.20am. However...?

innerchild,

the digital timestamp 00:04:20 pertains to
4minutes & 20seconds past midnight
>JR last observed kerbside, out front Hotel

therefore "IF" the icebox digi time were 00:02:36 it would be 2minutes & 36seconds after midnight, and could not be Jane in the icebox frame as she is still observable kerbside.

in conclusion, however,
the icebox digi timestamp I DO interpret as 02:02:36
>a huge 2hours 2minutes & 36seconds past midnight meaning it COULD very possibly be Jane,
and to me, the hour depicted in the icebox digi timestamp looks nothing like a 00: (and there are plenty of other zeros to check for display comparison )

just my opinion from personal observation

but, phew, i'm exhausted after that :/
and I hope this receives further scrutiny by police
[emoji887]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics