Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

As far as I understand the Flect vision are extra frames left out of the Crime Investigation doco. They can be estimated in sequence using the times stamps although timestamps have been obviously manipulated and changed in some of the frames. This one could even be 08.08... It's too hard to tell.

But the image of a girl!! That is weird. Possibly could have been manipulated from another frame while they were doctoring another image otherwise, I'm at a loss.

There are many reasons why I have doubt that the story the cops told and the images they released were correct, but it doesn't seem realistic that someone would be on the roof with that body position. What do others think?

Innerchild and BReVeTTe - looking at the extra frame I can see a girl being helped down by a tall guy. The girl is wearing a black jacket. Hair (shoulder length blonde). The rest of her body could be light coloured pants but not clear. The time stamp 00.02.36 - MOO

In regard to teenage years spent with parents at Huntingdale (1984 to 1989). Although able to obtain a driver’s licence in December 1985, perhaps a pushbike was still utilized. Perhaps when the parents had fish’n’chips from Warton Rd, or pizza from Spencer Rd Thornlie, BRE was quick to offer to pick it up – taking his bike. The parents might have even commented what a good lad he was. Could it be possible, incidents occurred on these occasions?

Perhaps other times were spent riding a pushbike along the pathway spanning alongside the Southern River. Imagine, the isolation for a young woman pushing a pram or teenage girls utilizing the subway to Maddington Plaza. Back then, there weren’t any mobile phones,to capture a photo or video – we relied solely upon a victim’s identikit which was printed in the newspaper.

Gay St is at the far west of Huntingdale, bordering the suburb Southern River. As previously mentioned Gay St in the 1980s was considered to be out in the sticks. Nobody would have known who the elusive teenager was, perhaps the Gosnells police knew there was a problem teenager, described to them as tallish with dark hair, who wore glasses.

They just didn’t know who the teenager’s name or have a clue where he lived!

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-32.0733671,115.9746186,15z

Hey Canning Vale, if I were his Mum or Dad I'd be complaining about my cold take-away! "Why is my Meat Lovers so bloody cold again son? Did you go straight there and back? Honestly, bloody kids these days, you just can't trust 'em to do anything right!"

Brevette,

This is an excellent find! After having a really good look, my thoughts are the lady within the image has straight-light hair, is wearing a short, dark jacket and light trousers/jeans. I’m not sure if it’s her bag on the LHS, which is either open or has something falling from the bag. It looks to me as though she is clambering downward, rather than climbing up. She doesn’t seem to be using her legs to grip the pole in order to climb upward. Perhaps she was making an effort to get away… I cannot see anyone else in the image.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20180304%2F37bf560bd87e7e35c5bcad32b0a422a1.jpg

canningVale,
I believe she is certainly wearing a black (or dark coloured) jacket on her upper torso, but I see only nickers and bare legs on her bottom half.
cache.php

innerchild,

the digital timestamp 00:04:20 pertains to
4minutes & 20seconds past midnight
>JR last observed kerbside, out front Hotel

therefore "IF" the icebox digi time were 00:02:36 it would be 2minutes & 36seconds after midnight, and could not be Jane in the icebox frame as she is still observable kerbside.

in conclusion, however,
the icebox digi timestamp I DO interpret as 02:02:36
>a huge 2hours 2minutes & 36seconds past midnight meaning it COULD very possibly be Jane,
and to me, the hour depicted in the icebox digi timestamp looks nothing like a 00: (and there are plenty of other zeros to check for display comparison )

just my opinion from personal observation

but, phew, i'm exhausted after that :/
and I hope this receives further scrutiny by police
[emoji887]

Why would this 'woman' be clambering up or down the roof when she can very easily walk up/down the adjacent stairs to access same roof area?

Hey Canning Vale, if I were his Mum or Dad I'd be complaining about my cold take-away! "Why is my Meat Lovers so bloody cold again son? Did you go straight there and back? Honestly, bloody kids these days, you just can't trust 'em to do anything right!"

hhhmmmmmmmmm did someone say cold pizza?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
:doorhide::escape::gomods::cold: [emoji487][emoji487][emoji487][emoji487][emoji487]

I was posting a reply to the very good post that gave information that David Troy Masters had been convicted for Victoria Clark's vicious sexual assault and murder and Tilbury had been convicted of Vanessa Devlin's. Now I can't use the quote but will try to post the link to the comment. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Western-Australia-19&p=13966590#post13966590

Don't forget that the kimono was front page news a few days after the Huntingdale assault because it was linked to the murder of Victoria Clarke in September 1997. It's not that the kimono is the link but there is DNA on the kimono that is the link between the Huntingdale assault and VC's murder. They have a clue on the kimono that the cops were certain would lead them to the perpetrator of Victoria Clarke's vicious sexual assault and murder.

"Police hope that a distinctive kimono may be the clue that helps solve the brutal murder of Victoria Heather Clark..."

"The CIB have suspected for some time that Miss Clark's killer may have also sexually assaulted other woman in the southern suburbs, but they have been unable to find evidence proving a connection."

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The articles I've put on here before about Victoria Clark's sexual assault make it clear that the American sailor whom she was out with on the last night she was seen alive have been forensically cleared and so had the occupants of the other 7 one bedroom units she was living at.

One of the occupants was David Troy Masters.

So how had these persons of interest been forensically cleared? There must have been semen or blood left at the scene that cops were able to analyse to clear these poi's at the time of VC's murder. I believe that is why cops made the kimono front page news on 17th Feb 1988. They were certain that the forensic evidence on the kimono was the same that was left my the murderer of Victoria Clarke.

And it wasn't David Troy Masters DNA.

We've discussed him before. He left WA not long after VC's murder which occurred when he was 21 years old and went to Qland, NT and the Kimberly's. After a few years drifting around he murdered an English backpacker. He served his 7 years (non-parole which was the going rate in Qland and WA at the time) and while in prison confessed to VC's murder. After serving his time in Qland he was bought back to WA and again sentenced to 7 years non parole. However, after being sentenced the non parole time he's been turned down for release every time he's come up before the parole board and is still doing time. Almost 21 years now and almost 28 including time for the 1991 murder, I think.

In the initial news reports it was thought there may have been ore than one attacker and even a woman was suggested in one report. The end result of Masters confessing and thinking he was going to serve 7 years, was that the kimono with Edward's DNA was put away and forgotten about for a very long time.

That's an amazing post INNERCHILD! DTM was duded in a deal and took the rap because he thought he'd do less time, hmm... but certainly didn't happen that way. How could he be convicted when his DNA ruled him out? Incredible, and doesn't fill me with confidence in the justice process (sigh!). Do we know what Victoria Heather Clarke looked like? I've been searching but can't find a photo. Another poor young woman slaughtered for sadistic pleasure by these hideous "creatures" that masquerade as men.

Initially, the Macro taskforce, the unit set up to catch the killer, believed all three women may have been taken by a taxi driver because all three had left friends in search of a cab.
This lead sparked a massive overhaul of the WA taxi industry – and triggered fear among the taxi-using public.
Women no longer felt safe to travel in cabs alone.
DNA testing was carried out on all licensed taxi drivers in WA, as well as review into their personal backgrounds. Those with a criminal history were immediately de-licensed and standards for the industry were raised.
A report to the WA Parliament revealed the fear generated by the killings led to a 25 to 30 per cent drop in taxi usage in the city, prompting the taxi industry to volunteer for the mass swabs.
Eventually all the taxi drivers who had taken part were excluded from inquiries.

I'm still amazed Macro Taskforce was formed 10 June 1996. Just 1 day after JR gone missing.
I wonder what was going on behind the scenes re SS missing person investigation for WAPOL to announce the formation of this Taskforce so soon after JR missing?

Tactical move to help calm the rising panic?
Or recognition of serious offending occurring in Claremont district?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Innerchild and BReVeTTe - looking at the extra frame I can see a girl being helped down by a tall guy. The girl is wearing a black jacket. Hair (shoulder length blonde). The rest of her body could be light coloured pants but not clear. The time stamp 00.02.36 - MOO
MM makes his appearance at 00.01.41 am. I'm not sure about the time on the icebox frame, but I don't think it's 00.02.36. I think she's still out the front then.

There is a sequence where a guy with shirt sleeves rolled up (red arrow) pokes his head out, looks at Jane, then at the guy leaning on pole. Poleman (yellow arrow) goes to the door and has an interaction with this guy, and Jane (red circle) also walks towards the door in reaction to him putting his head out. This seems to be 00.02.28 - 00.02.35. (time stamp blurred as well)

This happens just before the icebox frame on the flect video, so is it 00.02.36 (2 minutes and 36 seconds past midnight) and the girl is someone else?

Or is it Jane and it 02.02.36, two hours, 2 minutes and 36 seconds past midnight?

I think the girl looks like and is dressed exactly like Jane with her jacket on. The shoulder bag is almost exactly where it falls on the cctv outside the front of the Conti.

If this is Jane and she is exiting down from the second story roof at 2.22 am who is with holding the cctv, as there is sure to be more than one frame and timestamp has been manually interfered with.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 02.28 - 02.35.jpg
    02.28 - 02.35.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 198
In order to depict the female object more clearly does anyone have software that can experiment with different colours?

I’ve seen this on a UFO documentary whereby black and white images were changed into different colours in order to display the image more clearly – it works. I will try and do it in Microsoft Word - if I can make it more ledgeable I will upload.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20180304%2F37bf560bd87e7e35c5bcad32b0a422a1.jpg

That's an amazing post INNERCHILD! DTM was duded in a deal and took the rap because he thought he'd do less time, hmm... but certainly didn't happen that way. How could he be convicted when his DNA ruled him out? Incredible, and doesn't fill me with confidence in the justice process (sigh!). Do we know what Victoria Heather Clarke looked like? I've been searching but can't find a photo. Another poor young woman slaughtered for sadistic pleasure by these hideous "creatures" that masquerade as men.
There was a photo of her and the clothes she was last seen wearing published in the 10 -12 Sept 1987 news reports, but I can't find that at moment.

I can't see how DTM could have been convicted unless he knew intimate details of the crime, so I think he was one of the killers. He didn't have to confess, this seemed to be spontaneous and detectives from WA flew to interview him.

However looking at who was in charge of the CIB at the time and knowing there was a 7 year non parole (after serving 7 years for the 1991 murder), it may not have seemed to be a big thing for a 24 year old.

It meant the kimono got put away and any link to VC got forgotten about.

RSBM....

Or is it Jane and it 02.02.36, two hours, 2 minutes and 36 seconds past midnight?

I think the girl looks like and is dressed exactly like Jane with her jacket on. The shoulder bag is almost exactly where it falls on the cctv outside the front of the Conti.

If this is Jane and she is exiting down from the second story roof at 2.22 am who is with holding the cctv, as there is sure to be more than one frame and timestamp has been manually interfered with.

attachment.php

Here's a horrible thought - maybe at 2 hours later past JR's last known sighting, this image you 'see' suspended seemingly from the roof, is possibly her ghost?
If you believe in such things....

(No disrespect intended - I believe ghosts do exist)

MM makes his appearance at 00.01.41 am. I'm not sure about the time on the icebox frame, but I don't think it's 00.02.36. I think she's still out the front then.

There is a sequence where a guy with shirt sleeves rolled up (red arrow) pokes his head out, looks at Jane, then at the guy leaning on pole. Poleman (yellow arrow) goes to the door and has an interaction with this guy, and Jane (red circle) also walks towards the door in reaction to him putting his head out. This seems to be 00.02.28 - 00.02.35. (time stamp blurred as well)

This happens just before the icebox frame on the flect video, so is it 00.02.36 (2 minutes and 36 seconds past midnight) and the girl is someone else?

attachment.php

IC - we have only been shown what WAPOL wanted us to see. Mainly to see if anyone recognised MM. I definitely don’t think we were meant to see this frame. It does look like JR. The guy helping her looks tall and wearing black pants. Maybe when she disappeared it was around through the bottle shop and for some reason climbed into the loading area for the pub. MOO

And there is this. Clue Video Yields Clues
The first report talks about video outside Club Bay View, not the Continental Hotel. The 23 year old appears on videotape outside Club Bay View shortly before she went missing early on Sunday and police trying to determine whether she went inside. This article also says she went missing at 12.10 am.

Was there a delay in getting the cctv from the Conti as there was no mention of it in this early report, only the Club Bay View cctv? If there was a delay why? Who was doing the time stamp blurring and was all the cctv handed over, I'd like to know?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Club video yields clue.jpg
    Club video yields clue.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 219
Here is a copy of the image which has been saved in Sepia. Changing the image into orange tones makes it a smidgeon clearer.

Attachments

• Sepia Version.jpg
    Sepia Version.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 83
re: Rear doors at Conti

LOCAL KNOWLEDGE POST! No web source sorry.

These entrances to Conti was STAFF and DELIVERIES ONLY. The delivery door is the dark rectangle in centre of pic on RHS of ice machine.

IIRC through these doors was a storage room (come thoroughfare) for storage of extra alcohol and where staff could leave their bags and belongings etc. If you stand just inside this doorway, to the left was the bottle shop staff entrance. To the right was a short corridor, that had doors to (staff) toilets in the corridor, which then led into the main Conti pub ground floor area.

One security bouncer always patrolled these rear access staff/deliveries entrances, and another stood at the end of the corridor (inside the main Conti area).

Punters weren't allowed in this back area or through these rear entrances - unless of course they knew the bouncers and the bouncers let the punters in at the rear, so the punters could jump the line at the front of the pub.

If JR walked this one, security would have seen her, or cameras would have (hopefully) recorded this walkthrough.

re Outdoor Staircase in pic.
Again no public or punter access or exit - the staircase led up to 1st floor, and the door was locked from the outside. Staff pounding on this 1st floor rear door got the bouncer standing inside door to open door for staff. FYI Conti 1st floor was utilised as private function area or public pub space, depending on demand.
Outdoor staircase then led up 2nd floor which was office and apartment space. One of the Conti owners/managers lived upstairs for a while, but I can't recall whether or not that was during CSK period. The security bouncer at ground floor staff/deliveries rear door also manned the staircase.

My memory is dodgy so happy for sleuths with local knowledge to assist me!

As my memory is flooding back, I need to correct my above post....

The double size delivery door is on LHS of ice machine out of pic.
To the immediate right of ice machine is just a wall (dark in shadow).
Bright doorway under staircase to RHS is staff only rear entry.
Apologies for any confusions other than my own!

And there is this. Clue Video Yields Clues
The first report talks about video outside Club Bay View, not the Continental Hotel. The 23 year old appears on videotape outside Club Bay View shortly before she went missing early on Sunday and police trying to determine whether she went inside. This article also says she went missing at 12.10 am.

Was there a delay in getting the cctv from the Conti as there was no mention of it in this early report, only the Club Bay View cctv? If there was a delay why? Who was doing the time stamp blurring and was all the cctv handed over, I'd like to know?

attachment.php
Excellent job posting this up again for us!

Last tempt at changing the images colour.

Attachments

• Image Clarity.jpg
    Image Clarity.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 90
In order to depict the female object more clearly does anyone have software that can experiment with different colours?

I’ve seen this on a UFO documentary whereby black and white images were changed into different colours in order to display the image more clearly – it works. I will try and do it in Microsoft Word - if I can make it more ledgeable I will upload.

That would be awesome Canning Vale if you could do that, please! I've squinted at the image till my eyes watered. Tried to enhance it, and be blowed if I can see a girl with jacket and just knickers, or topless or whatever state of dress or undress. I've just had my eyes tested and didn't have to get stronger lenses( at this stage anyway!), but perhaps I should go back for another check-up as I'm like Mr Magoo (for those who remember him?) with my eyes pressed up against the screen at present!

attachment.php

Attachments

• mr magoo.png
    mr magoo.png
    67 KB · Views: 201
attachment.php
I could. I really really could.

Attachments

• face-with-hand-over-mouth.png
    face-with-hand-over-mouth.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 43
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Speak-No-Evil-Goblin-Statue.jpg
    Speak-No-Evil-Goblin-Statue.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 231

Your wish is my command!
do these help?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

(original image source is JR CCTV shown on CIA documentary)

Attachments

• ROOF GIRL acqua filter.png
    ROOF GIRL acqua filter.png
    391.3 KB · Views: 227
  • ROOF GIRL sunset filter.png
    ROOF GIRL sunset filter.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 230
  • ROOF GIRL olive green filter.png
    ROOF GIRL olive green filter.png
    414 KB · Views: 229
  • ROOF GIRL sharpen image.jpg
    ROOF GIRL sharpen image.jpg