Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
narcissistic personality disorder - high functioning, manipulative, charming yet totally heartless and malignant individuals.

Would a narcissist have the requisite personality components to become a serial killer? I thought about it when I was making my post and I'm not sure. I can imagine a narcissist killing someone in a specific set of circumstances due to antagonisation, but would they plan multiple killings in advance?

It's my understanding that psychopaths "get off" on playing games with people whereas a narcissist by comparison is about feeding their self image.

Would a narcissist have the requisite personality components to become a serial killer? I thought about it when I was making my post and I'm not sure. I can imagine a narcissist killing someone in a specific set of circumstances due to antagonisation, but would they plan multiple killings in advance?

It's my understanding that psychopaths "get off" on playing games with people whereas a narcissist by comparison is about feeding their self image.

Could a mother who has it, cause sociopathy or psychopathy to develop in her infant, through lack of early bonding?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

That didn't last long did it. The judge was damning and it was launched out the court room.

An old tactic fell short very fast. Prosecution was hoping for cognitive dissonance in the jury.

in finding Mr Rayney not guilty, Justice Martin said the State's case against Mr Rayney was "beset by improbabilities and uncertainties"."Crucial evidence is lacking and the absence of evidence tells strongly against the State," he said.

"Endeavours by the State to fill critical gaps and explain away improbabilities are primarily no more than speculation without foundation in the evidence."

http://www.news.com.au/tablet/lloyd...t/news-story/6826b2d1c38621563062c4fdebade9c1

From my vague memory of the case,
The Defence was trying to establish that investigators were prone to confirmation bias. In other words the lawyer was trying to establish that the investigators made up their mind about crimes and overlooked other possibilities, and only considered evidence that confirmed their bias (or made evidence that confirmed their bias), ignoring evidence that disproved their bias. Rayney had knowledge of the Royal Commission on the Pamela Lawrence investigation, which because of confirmation bias resulted in the wrong man going to jail. This witness, Detective Moore didn't work on the Lawrence case, but did work on Macro, so if the defence could illicit a response that showed he had made up his mind about that unsolved (at the time) case and was showing confirmation bias, then the lawyer could put reasonable doubt about the evidence that the witness was presenting in the Rayney defamation trial. As it turned out, that's basically how the whole Rayney murder trial panned out and everyone knows the result of that.
Det Lee's statement during the investigation on Corryn's murder where he made a statement about Lloyd being the only suspect, could appear to be a classic example of confirmation bias. Proving that investigators were prone to confirmation bias, and thus Detectives in Corryn's murder had already made up their mind on Lloyd's culpability would negate any evidence that Moore would put up in Lee's defamation defence that his statement in public was a reasonable summation of the case, that there were no other possible suspects.
IMO

Hi Credulious, I couldn't possibly know if his parents abused him, but define "abuse"? Abuse can be non-physical of course, verbal put downs (sometimes done as little family "jokes") teasing his appearance, maybe even his introverted personality in his younger years. (All this is hypothetical) He could have had a very out-going sibling who always "out shone" him with looks and charm, so he was always "second best", not the favourite son? It could be just lack of attention/affection. Studies we undertook when we were training during our care of the foster children (we had absolutely NO proper training beforehand, just thrown in and told to swim like hell!) showed that mothers who just didn't give their babies eye contact, were indifferent to them, didn't play with them, just did "the basics" e.g. kept the baby clean and fed, their babies eventually stopped crying and trying to get their attention. Became quiet and didn't smile or interact with other children as they grew up, became very isolated and had trouble concentrating/learning, in other words, failed to thrive. Abuse has many forms. We always think of violence, sexual abuse, but to have warmth and gentleness withheld from a baby can have terrible effects on a child as he/she grows. Of course I'm talking about the mothering side of things, a whole other ball of wax when it comes to the father/son relationship. We had 2 boys who's father had been in and out of prison, mother a heroin addict/prostitute. The boys had built up such an image of their father that he was a Superman, nothing could be further from the truth, but we always listened and encouraged them to keep in touch with their Dad and Mum, very important to these children. If a father is indifferent to his son, or favours one over another, then feelings of inadequacy can come into play for that non-favoured son for his entire life. Never good enough. And if Dad is a bit of a lad with the ladies (or tells his boys he is) then that's another unrealistic expectation to put on a boy. "Why can't you get a girlfriend? What's wrong with you son? You're not a "fairy" are ya???" You're getting the picture here I'm sure Cred. Can you see how this might make for a very angry young boy? Then when puberty hits, well, I'll show him who's a man! The self-gratification is another problem and whilst it's totally normal for boys to be boys and girls to be girls (or boys to be girls....oh you get it), when it starts to become an obsession and the only way to feel "good" then that can lead to the voyeurism, flashing (one of the boys we had became overly sexualised very young, and he'd self-pleasured from a very young age as he'd never felt loved. Had also witnessed father having sex with other women from a young age, terrible)... It's all such a deep psychological minefield. I do NOT have any psych training, just learned a lot at the coalface so to speak. Sorry to go on, will shut up now!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3357276/Mothers-who-cant-bond-with-their-babies.html

(snipped)

Fascinating insight into what you learned during your foster parent training, lampformypath. Thank you for this and other posts you have made on your fostering experience.

I don't have experience with childen, but have seen firsthand what abuse can do in terms of how the impact manifests in an adult in quite extreme ways. I had a partner who was severely physically and verbally abused by both parents, not just in a reactionary way but in a manner that suggested they "got off" on it. I think they both had psychopathic and narcissistic tendencies. They used to whip him and hang him from hooks for fun and play crazy mind games with him. I was a bit apprehensive about believing what he told me because it was so extreme and he had a tendency to exaggerate, but then they would actually share that they did this over dinner as though they were amusing family anecdotes! Even before that happened I didn't like being around them - I always felt as though I was being played in some way. And when the stories over dinner started happening I would barely tolerate being in the same postcode as them. (Amazing what sort of pull parents can have over children because he was still attached to them.) He was completely messed up. What you are saying helps explain how it starts and initially displays from a firsthand knowledge point of view which is a different perspective from all the academic information I've read.

There are lots of theories on whether psychopaths are born the way they are or become that way (nature va nurture). The most common theory seems to be that psychopaths do have a significant predisposition to psychopathy, which is then triggered by environmental factors (contrasted to a sociopath whose development of sociopathy, while likely having some genetic predisposition, may be markedly more environmental). I wonder in situations like this just how much environmental influence is necessary - as in, whether it's possible to avoid someone developing the psychopathic tendencies or if the predisposition is so strong it is almost impossible to avoid.

I think it was you who posted earlier about a child you fostered who was showing some of the precursors of psychopathy as young as five (you didn't say that, but the behaviours you identified are ones I have read in conjunction with it). That and what you have said here interests me, because it indicates that any environmental triggers are incredibly early on, and may even be things people are unaware they are doing if the disposition to psycopathy is so strong it is practically unavoidable, or may be indicative of the fact that psychopathy development is unavoidable.

The corollary to this is whether a person absent or with limited genetic predisposition can become a psychopath. Not sure. If anyone would have been likely to become a full blown sadistic psychopath based on environmental factors I imagine my former partner would have been, and though he had some APD tendencies, he wasn't that. And plenty of people who are severely abused as children don't go on to become psychopaths or even abusers themselves. So I tend to feel genetics play a huge part in psychopathy.

It's obviously a very complex interplay. My personal opinion is that the CSK probably had a very strong predisposition to psychopathy to the point that it was practically unavoidable. I don't think there needs to be anything major in his childhood. Though what's interesting about what you have been sharing is that it might be quite minor things that impacted it.

Also found what was said about seven years old being the point where the psyche is largely defined interesting (paraphrasing there, obviously). I have read that our sexual desires are developed by about nine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could a mother who has it, cause sociopathy or psychopathy to develop in her infant, through lack of early bonding?

I just responded to lampformypath discussing this very issue! See my post just before this one I'm writing (and a couple after the one you quoted).

In summary, my personal opinion is that psychopaths (at the level of the CSK) have such a strong disposition to how they are that they will become that way with even the most minor of environmental influences such as lack of parental bonding. On the other hand, I think sociopathy, while requiring a genetic predisposition, is more dependent on environmental triggers.

Absolutely think that this occurs in infancy due to parental neglect and abuse.

From my vague memory of the case,
The Defence was trying to establish that investigators were prone to confirmation bias. In other words the lawyer was trying to establish that the investigators made up their mind about crimes and overlooked other possibilities, and only considered evidence that confirmed their bias (or made evidence that confirmed their bias), ignoring evidence that disproved their bias. Rayney had knowledge of the Royal Commission on the Pamela Lawrence investigation, which because of confirmation bias resulted in the wrong man going to jail. This witness, Detective Moore didn't work on the Lawrence case, but did work on Macro, so if the defence could illicit a response that showed he had made up his mind about that unsolved (at the time) case and was showing confirmation bias, then the lawyer could put reasonable doubt about the evidence that the witness was presenting in the Rayney defamation trial. As it turned out, that's basically how the whole Rayney murder trial panned out and everyone knows the result of that.
Det Lee's statement during the investigation on Corryn's murder where he made a statement about Lloyd being the only suspect, could appear to be a classic example of confirmation bias. Proving that investigators were prone to confirmation bias, and thus Detectives in Corryn's murder had already made up their mind on Lloyd's culpability would negate any evidence that Moore would put up in Lee's defamation defence that his statement in public was a reasonable summation of the case, that there were no other possible suspects.
IMO

Thank you for that analysis. Makes sense to me based on what I read about the case.

Many people suffer poor childhoods and go on to have normal lives free of violence.

I have had more non surgery stitches than most people have had hot breakfast and didn't have a father.

Ive suffered extreme violence in educational institution, king hit at my first day at work also and Ive never hit a woman.

While I have never used the term bullying with my mother, the teacher had a mental breakdown from the violence.

I know someone in crime legal. Criminals are always trying to justify their actions.

Everyone has a sad story. If you are mentally ill and murder, you are going to a containment mental institution till you die.

For the rest there is an element of choice. Go to prison and face the consequences. Some people are just bad bastards.

They have to be removed from society to keep community safe.

I heard something on the ABC radio yesterday about this. I think it was on RN Drive with Patricia Karvelas. Some lady discussing a condition where she couldn't bond with her children. Hated them etc. Had to get treatment. It had name. Postpartum depression, or Narcissist mother, or such like. Can't find it now.

I didn't hear that programme Petedavo but you can see how devastating it can be if people don't seek treatment, are ashamed etc. I would have liked to have heard that, very hard to listen to mind you. Thanks for letting me know about that it's such a terribly sad topic.

I don't want to hear piss poor excuses. Everyone has a sad story. Take responsibility.

The alternative is mental institution till you die. Murdering psychopaths are put in prison because they are too dangerous.

How you get there does not matter. Its about protecting community.

I know the area well and spent 6-7 years from 2003 working in Belmont (and surrounds) as a service tech so was on the road every day. Often ate lunch or breaky at tomato lake from the little cafe there. Vaguely remember seeing a Telstra vehicle / the accused there often but it was a popular spot for lunch with local tradies, sales reps etc so it may not specifically have been him and it could be my mind playing tricks on me. If anything I recall seeing it at the other entrance, off President st I think. Much smaller and dodgier car park.

The company I worked for was actually a sponsor of the Belmont little athletics so it is possible we crossed paths and that’s where I recognize him from, but I don’t recall him vividly enough to be sure and not sure he would have been involved at fundraising level.

The house on the other hand, when I saw the address listed I straight away had an image in my mind of which house in Acton ave it was. Worst house in the street. (Well, on that section of Acton ave anyway). Drove past it nearly every day for 7 years.

I can indeed confirm he frequented Belmont Forum. I don’t think I have seen him there but a friend of mine who knew of him from little athletics not only said hello to him there days before the arrest but was of the opinion that in his dealings with him, the most remarkable thing about him was in fact his unremarkableness!

I don't want to hear piss poor excuses. Everyone has a sad story. Take responsibility.

The alternative is mental institution till you die. Murdering psychopaths are put in prison because they are too dangerous.

How you get there does not matter. Its about protecting community.

Isn't Identification and Treatment of causes of criminal psychopathy, that will ultimately prevent people becoming serial killers is protecting the community, more so than catching the buggers and locking them away after they've already committed the crimes?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brain-scan-can-identify-serial-6641868
He said: “The idea of scanning people then detaining them because they may commit a crime in the future is, of course, a controversial one. But on the other hand, society needs to be protected.
https://thedoctorweighsin.com/whats-wrong-with-serial-killers-and-mass-murderers/
If we fail to address this head-on, we are destined to have the pattern keep on repeating itself. It is in our hands, as*Pogo said, “We have met the enemy, and it is us.”

Fascinating insight into what you learned during your foster parent training, lampformypath. Thank you for this and other posts you have made on your fostering experience.

I don't have experience with childen, but have seen firsthand what abuse can do in terms of how the impact manifests in an adult in quite extreme ways. I had a partner who was severely physically and verbally abused by both parents, not just in a reactionary way but in a manner that suggested they "got off" on it. I think they both had psychopathic and narcissistic tendencies. They used to whip him and hang him from hooks for fun and play crazy mind games with him. I was a bit apprehensive about believing what he told me because it was so extreme and he had a tendency to exaggerate, but then they would actually share that they did this over dinner as though they were amusing family anecdotes! Even before that happened I didn't like being around them - I always felt as though I was being played in some way. And when the stories over dinner started happening I would barely tolerate being in the same postcode as them. (Amazing what sort of pull parents can have over children because he was still attached to them.) He was completely messed up. What you are saying helps explain how it starts and initially displays from a firsthand knowledge point of view which is a different perspective from all the academic information I've read.

There are lots of theories on whether psychopaths are born the way they are or become that way (nature va nurture). The most common theory seems to be that psychopaths do have a significant predisposition to psychopathy, which is then triggered by environmental factors (contrasted to a sociopath whose development of sociopathy, while likely having some genetic predisposition, may be markedly more environmental). I wonder in situations like this just how much environmental influence is necessary - as in, whether it's possible to avoid someone developing the psychopathic tendencies or if the predisposition is so strong it is almost impossible to avoid.

I think it was you who posted earlier about a child you fostered who was showing some of the precursors of psychopathy as young as five (you didn't say that, but the behaviours you identified are ones I have read in conjunction with it). That and what you have said here interests me, because it indicates that any environmental triggers are incredibly early on, and may even be things people are unaware they are doing if the disposition to psycopathy is so strong it is practically unavoidable, or may be indicative of the fact that psychopathy development is unavoidable.

The corollary to this is whether a person absent or with limited genetic predisposition can become a psychopath. Not sure. If anyone would have been likely to become a full blown sadistic psychopath based on environmental factors I imagine my former partner would have been, and though he had some APD tendencies, he wasn't that. And plenty of people who are severely abused as children don't go on to become psychopaths or even abusers themselves. So I tend to feel genetics play a huge part in psychopathy.

It's obviously a very complex interplay. My personal opinion is that the CSK probably had a very strong predisposition to psychopathy to the point that it was practically unavoidable. I don't think there needs to be anything major in his childhood. Though what's interesting about what you have been sharing is that it might be quite minor things that impacted it.

Also found what was said about seven years old being the point where the psyche is largely defined interesting (paraphrasing there, obviously). I have read that our sexual desires are developed by about nine.

Oh Akai that is absolutely horrific stuff you've been through with your previous partner! AND what he had been through with his very twisted parents! So glad you're out of that situation. Did you have some counselling for it?

I just want to put this out there again, as I have on previous threads. Medicare completely covers, 6 (could be 10 now, not sure) FREE counselling sessions a year, totally confidential. I had to take myself off to our family doctor (wasn't offered this in my workplace, incredibly enough) and tell her what I was going through and she gave me a referral. I then found a counsellor of my choice and she was amazing, so understanding. I can tell you NOBODY in my birth family would have approved of this if they had known. Needless to say the first session I just cried for 1 hour and she listened, between my sobs, and was so gentle and kind, no judgement (as there was a lot of anger in there too). Fostering brings out stuff from your own past, no matter how wonderful you might think your own childhood was.

You've touched on so much in this post and me with my Pooh Bear brain can't possibly give you definitive answers. I think we are now treading into territory we are not equipped to venture into, and, let's face it, we don't have enough background in the CSK case to know whether things did or didn't happen, but I can say that the two brothers we looked after had come from exactly the same background, lived in the same house growing up and there was only 12 months between them. One is still, from the last we heard, very disturbed and exhibiting behaviour that is so bizarre and extreme (particularly sexually). The other boy is growing into an incredible young man. He has his moments still we've been told, but he has a lovely girlfriend, a career and as mentioned, is volunteering.

I will say too, the older boy we had, his mother took an almost immediate dislike to him, so we have been told. Hated his appearance (a pale, redheaded boy. Yes a "ranga" as they say, I know ALL about this as I am a ranga. Oh damn, I've outed myself!) Perhaps he reminded her of someone she hated in the past, don't know. Also drug/alcohol use whilst pregnant (another whole can of worms, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome etc.) mother was using then not using, whilst she produced her 4 children (yes there are 2 others, again one of those is severely damaged, the other, a girl has gone on to be a fabulous student at school and graduated with high marks in several subjects). So there's that as well, if a mother is drinking (Perhaps a "closet" drinker. Remember too, a lot of mothers even in BRE's birth era didn't even know much about the damage alcohol does to an unborn) or into substance abuse whilst pregnant, and on and on...

As I said, this subject of psychology is way out of my depth. I only raised it to try and help explain the unexplainable (and inexcusable) really, being why some people might go on to become violent rapists and progress to serial killing.

You're an incredibly strong woman Akai to have gone through all that you have with that ex partner! I found it mindboggling the dinner conversations!!! And the loyalty to the very cruel parents, amazing hey? We just never know what goes on behind closed doors (I think there's a country and western song along those lines, scarily enough!)

Bless ya for sharing, thank you for your courage. :tyou:

Its made sound so simple. They have to want treatment. The government cannot abduct them from the street.

Many of them are in denial of psychological issues. One in five people in Australia on anti-psychotics.

That is excluding the autistic and the plethora of spectrum conditions.

Here is a person that has buried themselves in community for 20 years. Some people are just bad bastards which they can prevent themselves.

Life in many cases is about choices.

Isn't Identification and Treatment of causes of criminal psychopathy, that will ultimately prevent people becoming serial killers is protecting the community, more so than catching the buggers and locking them away after they've already committed the crimes?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brain-scan-can-identify-serial-6641868

https://thedoctorweighsin.com/whats-wrong-with-serial-killers-and-mass-murderers/

Many people suffer poor childhoods and go on to have normal lives free of violence.

I have had more non surgery stitches than most people have had hot breakfast and didn't have a father.

Ive suffered extreme violence in educational institution, king hit at my first day at work also and Ive never hit a woman.

While I have never used the term bullying with my mother, the teacher had a mental breakdown from the violence.

I know someone in crime legal. Criminals are always trying to justify their actions.

Everyone has a sad story. If you are mentally ill and murder, you are going to a containment mental institution till you die.

For the rest there is an element of choice. Go to prison and face the consequences. Some people are just bad bastards.

They have to be removed from society to keep community safe.

I know you'll say something like, "I don't want your sympathy" Credulious, but I am so truly sorry for all the terrible things that were done to you. Not sympathy, empathy here. I understand how you feel, lock 'em up, throw away the key. I live in BOTH camps, the therapy and the justice (our son is a Social Worker specialising in counselling drug and alcohol clients. Works with domestic violence abusers (having previously worked with victims) very tough job, and our son in law is a police officer with 20 years experience and he is very much like you as he sees first hand what these hideous perps do (also a very tough job!) It wasn't fun when we were fostering as our son in law banned us from his home if we had the foster kids with us (we have two little granddaughters so I understood) but if we'd given up on that one little boy we had I don't think he would have learned to read and write (was illiterate at 8 years old when we took over his care). Can't save every starfish, but we helped save that one! So you see Cred I am HEARING ya mate!

Please consider going and talking to a counsellor Cred, I'm saying this with a mother's heart here. It's free and NOBODY will ever know but you. You deserve to be heard, your story needs to be told. Surrounding you with love and light (sending it whether you like it or not!) Peace be with you Cred, you're an amazing person, no matter what you say!!! :peace:

I enjoy going to the hospital and having the nurse scrub the sand out of my wounds and have them stitched up. Its genuine care and empathy to me.

Is it because my mother made me take myself to get stitched up as a kid and adult ? (Its hard to drive with broken shoulder and hole in neck).

Psychology is very complex, that government is not entitled to control every part of our lives. We cant have a Minority Report civilisation.

Civil liberties is as complex as the psychology. Don't pretend that it is everyone else's fault.

People are not entirely social engineered. They make their own choices, dig their own holes. We are not their parents. They are conscious adults.

A few years ago I watched a documentary about psychopaths and what makes them one. In summary, it advised a psychopath is born with what’s called a Warrior Gene – I don’t know the exact name or number of the gene. Evidently, most CEOs possess the Warrior Gene, being ruthless with undertakings, such as firing people at whim – without empathy etc.

Those who have this warrior gene can grow up to be very successful, however, when someone with a warrior gene has an extremely bad childhood – a psychopath is the result.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjbt_GVkt7ZAhWGXLwKHXD7CeEQFghhMAs&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2Ftemplates%2Fstory%2Fstory.php%3FstoryId%3D127888976&usg=AOvVaw1ixoS7-FPsFV9S6lcHjjZX

Any replies - please - positive comments only!

A few years ago I watched a documentary about psychopaths and what makes them one. In summary, it advised a psychopath is born with what’s called a Warrior Gene – I don’t know the exact name or number of the gene. Evidently, most CEOs possess the Warrior Gene, being ruthless with undertakings, such as firing people at whim – without empathy etc.

Those who have this warrior gene can grow up to be very successful, however, when someone with a warrior gene has an extremely bad childhood – a psychopath is the result.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjbt_GVkt7ZAhWGXLwKHXD7CeEQFghhMAs&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2Ftemplates%2Fstory%2Fstory.php%3FstoryId%3D127888976&usg=AOvVaw1ixoS7-FPsFV9S6lcHjjZX

Thank you Canning Vale I've read about this before, about CEOs having that psychopath mentality, never heard it called the Warrior Gene. Found most successful CEOs I've known could very easily have tipped over into the warrior gone wrong mode (one actually did!) Wonderful, just been reading that article.

The brain scan reminded me of a Neurologist/Radiologist who gave a fabulous TEDTALK (Daniel Amen) I watched a few months back about the fact that psychologists should really have access to brain scans of patients as it's so incredible what they find when these study scans (He and his colleges have done 83,000 so they know what they're talking about!)

Not that we want to make this a Psychiatrists Convention (heaven forbid!) but here's that TEDTALK, might be something we should be doing for all repeat violent offenders, sending them for compulsory brain scans to try and tailor a prevention programme for them. Only 14 minutes, well worth a watch, Mr Amen is a fantastic speaker, makes the complicated so easy to understand. Amen to that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPRsT-lmw8

I enjoy going to the hospital and having the nurse scrub the sand out of my wounds and have them stitched up. Its genuine care and empathy to me.

Is it because my mother made me take myself to get stitched up as a kid and adult ? (Its hard to drive with broken shoulder and hole in neck).

Psychology is very complex, that government is not entitled to control every part of our lives. We cant have a Minority Report civilisation.

Civil liberties is as complex as the psychology. Don't pretend that it is everyone else's fault.

People are not entirely social engineered. They make their own choices, dig their own holes. We are not their parents. They are conscious adults.
We might not like it, but everywhere is headed in this direction. Even here, technological solutions to conduct policing operations abound.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/22/china-xinjiang-surveillance-tech-spread/
China's Xinjiang surveillance is the dystopian future nobody wants
Monitoring tech pioneered in the region is spreading across China and the world.
Extracts>
In July 2009, deadly riots broke out in Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang, China.*Nearly 200 people died, the majority ethnic Han Chinese, and thousands of Chinese troops were brought in to quell the riots.
Xinjiang is the home to the Uyghurs, a Turkic people who mostly follow Islam and have a distinct culture and language. Not surprisingly, the region has a tenuous relationship with Beijing, which is more than 1,400 miles away. Protests, riots and even terrorist attacks have been connected to the Uyghur struggle, which gives cover to Chinese authorities to implement the harshest strategies there.
Xinjiang has both a massive security presence and ubiquitous surveillance technology: facial-recognition cameras; iris and body scanners at checkpoints, gas stations and government facilities; the collection of DNA samples for a massive database; mandatory apps that monitor messages and data flow on Uyghurs' smartphones; drones to monitor the borders. While there's some debate over how advanced the system tying these technologies together is, it's clear that China's plan is for a fully integrated system that uses artificial intelligence to rapidly process massive amounts of information for use by the similarly massive numbers of police in convenience stations.

The result, at least for China, is a massive success. Violence in the region has fallen as riots, protests and attacks are now rare in Xinjiang.

Men have been hunting for thousands of years. Then someone invented a meat tray less than a century ago saying you cant do that anymore.

Does that interpret to being a human killer. No, but its in the genes of a man, and most women can't tell them they are to stop hunting food.

To release stress, people are told to go for a run. This has been happening for thousands of years when chasing down food.

You cant switch that off in two to three generations. Torturing and murdering women is a different mindset. IMHO.

I don't think warrior gene is at play with a CEO. It can be social engineering with company law the boundaries. A company is not human, it a set of written boundaries encompassed in law.

IMO While this crime sounds like it is driven by sexual predatory behavior, I feel that is was about power, embedded in a culture that wanted notoriety filled with internalised narcissism.

Many of these people just think everyone else as stupid. The craving for notoriety without being caught. I wont be surprised if others knew of this criminal. His glee of notoriety from groupies int he know.

This person is just a stupid dumb-arse that couldn't make it at anything thinking their little plan made them smarter than police.

The megalomania of invincibility by not being caught in a time when it was hard to track murders not closely associated with the victim.

Being mindful the person accused was in telephony which potentially put the person ahead of the game.

He may as well have had the codes to the Enigma machine.

The reality is, the CSK is about as stupid as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper