Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lamp,

Perhaps the CSK gave personZ a lift home, and en route home one of the ladies was picked up and accepted a ride – then person Z was dropped off first – the lady finding herself alone with the CSK.

Who knows, perfectly possible CV. All these Zs and CSKs and CBVs etc. it's like somebody's dropped a Scrabble Board! If only I had some vowels, then I could maybe find the POI! (Person of Interest)

1.5million documents

What does the 1.5million documents of evidence consist of? Are there any images from a floppy disk or computer harddrive? Could it be possible, when detectives were looking at the images, they examined thousands of images and after several months came across a particular victim of interest?

These are just my thoughts and opinions – just pure speculation – a hypothetical.

Maybe a lot of them consist of crimestoppers phone calls. All the I think it was X who didn't turn up to work today, Y who washed, vacuumed their car or Z my X who luckily I managed to escape.

Evidence doesn't need to prove anything.

Most forum members are simply hypothesising. I’m sure most of the forum would agree that we all want positive responses which expand on our theories. People don’t have to agree with all the opinions, but it would help if you refrained from posting unless you have something positive to type. I’m sure other forum members feel the same way.

Keep the posts positive! Try to refrain from using negative sentences like, its ridiculous or it’s common sense. Only use positive words.

DON'T USE THE WORD RIDICULOUS!

Agree CV, let's all accentuate the positive, and eliminate the negative! Thought this was appropriate, from "The Singing Detective", let's lighten up a little.

Sing-a-long if you know the words! And a one and a two and a....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrC9Tu8gpo

Anybody out there? It's all gone very quiet!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anybody out there? It's all gone very quiet!

Only a couple of us by the looks of things. It's Saturday night so I expect people are doing other stuff, maybe playing Cluedo for something different? I'm off now, but will pop back in and out. Sometimes the "night owls" log on later so keep checking ESH. Goes quiet from time to time on here I've found, pretty normal! :fence:

I’m still here - stuck home in bed with chest infection😟

Maybe I’m delirious from high temp but I just want to say that I can’t for the life of me figure out why the police put that video out. They want a response from the public but then we can’t be told anything. I have always thought the so called MM was Romauld Zac. He never came forward because he is deceased. Possibly a suspicious death. Taken out so as to protect CSK. Maybe he knew too much about Claremont Killer. MOO

Maybe I’m delirious from high temp but I just want to say that I can’t for the life of me figure out why the police put that video out. They want a response from the public but then we can’t be told anything. I have always thought the so called MM was Romauld Zac. He never came forward because he is deceased. Possibly a suspicious death. Taken out so as to protect CSK. Maybe he knew too much about Claremont Killer. MOO
I have often wondered what was on the rest of the CCTV footage. From the short piece that was released, there were shots from several different angles / Cameras. It's surprising that there wasn't at least a glimpse of MM's face either from front or side on. Did he keep walking forward (past the camera near the entrance) or did he turn around & go back from where he came from? Either way, I would have thought there would be face shots. IMO

I have often wondered what was on the rest of the CCTV footage. From the short piece that was released, there were shots from several different angles / Cameras. It's surprising that there wasn't at least a glimpse of MM's face either from front or side on. Did he keep walking forward (past the camera near the entrance) or did he turn around & go back from where he came from? Either way, I would have thought there would be face shots. IMO

Hi ESH - maybe I’m a bit thick but I don’t know what the reason was to put that video on tv for all of Perth to see. If it was just to identify MM why did they need us to come up with an answer. The video was cut to pieces and so bad you couldn’t see it properly. After 12 years what were the police doing? It’s almost a joke really. MOO

Absolutely last resort. No wonder they wanted NASA to enhance it. The whole point of CCTV is to scare the public into thinking they'd be identified and caught by CCTV if they do something wrong. Yet almost every CCTV tape I've seen from this era is such crap quality to be next to useless at any real ID without an actual witness to confirm the ID of who's on the tape. Therefore it's in the interests of maintaining law and order not to show such bad quality CCTV images to the public, unless they were desperate. IMO.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Maybe a lot of them consist of crimestoppers phone calls. All the I think it was X who didn't turn up to work today, Y who washed, vacuumed their car or Z my X who luckily I managed to escape.

Evidence doesn't need to prove anything.

XYZ... I’m starting to feel guilty! 😂

Hey ESH and Annalise, just popped in to see what's doing. Hope you get well soon Annalise, nasty virus going around with rotten cough, look after yourself, we NEED you!

About that video, yes I have wondered about why because it was such poor quality, the wrong one was released initially, then when they did FINALLY release the "proper" you beaut, NASA enhanced, whatever one, it was not much better than the first! AND they kept saying it wasn't accurate for height and weight and colours, and.... etc. So what was the point in releasing it at all? To give the impression they were actually doing something IMO. Ended up being called "Keystone Cops":

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...claremont-footage-released-20080829-4569.html

I was thinking maybe it was a ruse by police to "rattle the cage" of the CSK and put the wind up him (them?) that they have been studying this video and are about to pounce at any moment, even though it would seem now that they didn't have a clue who he/they was/were after they finally decided that old LW wasn't THE ONE! So much happened at that time didn't it? Many women disappearing or found murdered, the brutal rapes, the suspicious death of RZ, police incompetence/and or corruption, weird public theories/rumours/psychics, you name it! WA really was the Wild West. All I know is this CSK case has had so many twists and turns, and it ain't over yet by a long shot. So fasten your saddle bags folks, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Hi ESH - so for 12 years the police didn’t think to show the tape to the public - why? It should have been shown ASAP. The fact they highlighted MM is weird. Could they be that desperate as to think if they put the video on a much hyped tv show that we could help solve the crime? As I said the public were told very little. There wasn’t a court case pending during those years so why all the secrecy? Then BOOM we have the MM video - 12 years later. I wish somebody could have explained the real reason behind it. MOO

Hi ESH - maybe I’m a bit thick but I don’t know what the reason was to put that video on tv for all of Perth to see. If it was just to identify MM why did they need us to come up with an answer. The video was cut to pieces and so bad you couldn’t see it properly. After 12 years what were the police doing? It’s almost a joke really. MOO
Well...they obviously had a reason or they wouldn't have done it! Possibilities I can think of are....
1. They thought MM was CSK & hoped someone would recognise him
2. They wanted CSK to believe they thought MM was him thus lulling the real CSK into a false sense of security
3. Pressure from higher up to be seen to be doing something
4. They believed MM knew JR & wanted to speak to him to get more info about her.
Like you Annalise, I also have a cold so not thinking too clearly. Does anyone have any other possibilities to add?

Hi Lampformypath - thank you for your well wishes. You are very kind. I think I have turned into Mrs McGrumpy face because I’m sick. My posts are a bit cranky😫🤒😷

Well...they obviously had a reason or they wouldn't have done it! Possibilities I can think of are....
1. They thought MM was CSK & hoped someone would recognise him
2. They wanted CSK to believe they thought MM was him thus lulling the real CSK into a false sense of security
3. Pressure from higher up to be seen to be doing something
4. They believed MM knew JR & wanted to speak to him to get more info about her.
Like you Annalise, I also have a cold so not thinking too clearly. Does anyone have any other possibilities to add?

Hi ESH - thanks for listing the reasons why the police would put the video out for the public. They do make sense.

I think it was the length of time it took for them to do it that annoys me. The fact it was such s bad video too. I wonder if anybody did ring Crimestoppers after the show? Maybe they did get some information.

I hope you feel better ESH 😷🤒🤧🤢MOO

Hi ESH - thanks for listing the reasons why the police would put the video out for the public. They do make sense.

I think it was the length of time it took for them to do it that annoys me. The fact it was such s bad video too. I wonder if anybody did ring Crimestoppers after the show? Maybe they did get some information.

I hope you feel better ESH [emoji40][emoji855]🤧🤢MOO
Perhaps the reason they waited 12 years was because it was so bad & didn't have the technology to enhance it. Hence why it was sent to NASA for enhancement. As PD indicated.....clutching at straws! IMO

Hi Lampformypath - thank you for your well wishes. You are very kind. I think I have turned into Mrs McGrumpy face because I’m sick. My posts are a bit cranky裸

Not cranky at all Annalise. Lots of fluids now:coffeews: (and chicken soup!:chicken:) And I'm pretty sure you're not delirious, still making a lot of sense to me.

What I find strange about the Police releasing the video so late is that when Jill Meagher went missing they released the cctv footage of her and Adrian Bayley almost as soon as they got it and subsequently Bayley was arrested in 6 days. I wonder if the VicPol learnt something from the CSK case? :thinking:

What I find strange about the Police releasing the video so late is that when Jill Meagher went missing they released the cctv footage of her and Adrian Bayley almost as soon as they got it and subsequently Bayley was arrested in 6 days. I wonder if the VicPol learnt something from the CSK case? :thinking:
Hopefully! Having said that, the quality of the footage was also much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members