Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
POST 11 JANUARY 1994
1 Jan 1994 subway attack took place junction Gugeri St &Stirling Rd lights - description of attacker in article does not fit BRE:

attachment.php
The below article also mentions "that some reports have fuelled a theory that police are seeking a man with shoulder length blond hair" - above article also mentions long blond hair (although short on top).

b
attachment.php

Attachments

• 186977_16ae887f7e2a9d9d13c63ab107220ee1.PNG
    186977_16ae887f7e2a9d9d13c63ab107220ee1.PNG
    222.3 KB · Views: 173
Excellent sleuthing Spinnaker .
Thats one precursor attack that is ruled out i think too...
21bcd0fb75250adb251c47b44f4ec189.jpg

Maybe u are all mistaken and BRE had met the girls while working in their building or work place around the same time they disappeared. This would give him the benefit of overhearing them make arrangements to go out after work givinh him the knowledge of how to dress ie... formally to try fit in or perhaps look like he was out with others after a function. He might have bumped into them deliberately, to gain their trust ir see if they were familiar enough with him from work to perhaps know if they would get in his car willingly. The girls probably wouldn't query him being there if he was formally dressed assuming he was at an after party function or something. He would have been quite striking with his looks back then as far as what i can tell from recent photos where he now has a bit of weight on him and age. I think the girls would think he was a bit of a lad they considered to be flattering to offer them a lift home. Who would question a handsome friendly guy they knew from work over the previous few days or weeks. I mean they weren't expecting to be dead from all this their worst thoughts may have only , covered as far as him being a weirdo and that they knew where he worked if they needed to report him.
Just a completely different opinion but quite a good theory if i do say so myself.

Hopefully we will know the truth one day...but for the time being - I like your theory. Makes a lot of sense.

Whilst looking for an early link between the accused and speedway families prior to the alleged charges, I came across a six degrees of separation story.
Background:
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission was directly set up as a result of a Senate Committee investigation known as the Rae Committee, which itself was set up principally because of a culmination of scams, frauds, especially famous Nickel salting frauds, Poseidon and the precipitating case of Leopold Minerals. As such a Roger Cutler was one of the main witnesses called before the Rae Committee. Roger is the uncle of Julie Cutler who disappeared in Cottesloe after leaving the Parmelia Hotel, which coincidentally was used as a set on a movie called the Nickel Queen, which itself is based upon a nickel scam. Now the six degrees of separation story> http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive...px?href=WAN/2018/03/10&id=Ar07205&sk=B322911B
So the former brother in law of the accused works for ASIC.
So there is a confirmed link between the Claremont Serial Killings and Julie Cutler.
IMO, that's about the closest link between Julie Cutler's disappearance and the CSK case. ie: none at all.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Pd this is some good detective work,
well done . Do you think Bra liked to drive a lot too ?
No idea yet. Old Records aren't online, and sites like http://www.speedwayandroadracehistory.com don't really hold much about most drivers, pit crew, family and friends. I think it's either going to be a long haul, unless I get another break, or we'll find out during the trial.
For instance one of the kids in my scout group raced in junior events at Wattle Grove and Forrestfield with his brother, and his dad used to race at Bunbury in the 60's yet there's no mention of any of them on that site.

The theme of women leaving of fancy Perth hotels, then the location changed? What was going on in 1988 in someones life?

Midnight Man

At 12.30am on June 20, 1988 Ms Cutler left the Parmelia Hotel, after a ...

http://www.news.com.au/news/vanishe...g/news-story/1f9da6564bf58fdfb6f6532c5e7b5d2f

Whilst looking for an early link between the accused and speedway families prior to the alleged charges, I came across a six degrees of separation story.
Background:
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission was directly set up as a result of a Senate Committee investigation known as the Rae Committee, which itself was set up principally because of a culmination of scams, frauds, especially famous Nickel salting frauds, Poseidon and the precipitating case of Leopold Minerals. As such a Roger Cutler was one of the main witnesses called before the Rae Committee. Roger is the uncle of Julie Cutler who disappeared in Cottesloe after leaving the Parmelia Hotel, which coincidentally was used as a set on a movie called the Nickel Queen, which itself is based upon a nickel scam. Now the six degrees of separation story> http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive...px?href=WAN/2018/03/10&id=Ar07205&sk=B322911B
So there is a confirmed link between the Claremont Serial Killings and Julie Cutler.
IMO, that's about the closest link between Julie Cutler's disappearance and the CSK case. ie: none at all.

Julie Cutler

Her family hope technology will be able to analyse clues left in the car by the killer.

Rachel Cutler was 10 when Julie, her half sister went missing.
She said police had told her father that they suspected Julie had been taken by the same person who abducted three women from the Claremont Hotel in the 1990's.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/JulieCutler.htm

Background:

Oops. Roger is her father's name. I meant Brian, is her uncle, who was called before the Rae Committee. Roger was called too, but only as a minor witness.
https://trove.nla.gov.au/list?id=109988
Another coincidence is that Brian's wife's name is Julie too. Aunty and niece have the same name. Almost everyone is only separated by six degrees.
Vernon Silich's father was one of the company fraud squad detectives in the Leopold Minerals investigation.

POST NEWSPAPER DEC 93

Re speedway public transport on a public holiday

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4170.jpg
    IMG_4170.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 156
Looking back, this has been theorised many times before. A logical point given the accuseds interface with so many business people in sorting telephone systems.

How many jobs a day on average? Lots of people.

Maybe u are all mistaken and BRE had met the girls while working in their building or work place around the same time they disappeared. This would give him the benefit of overhearing them make arrangements to go out after work givinh him the knowledge of how to dress ie... formally to try fit in or perhaps look like he was out with others after a function. He might have bumped into them deliberately, to gain their trust ir see if they were familiar enough with him from work to perhaps know if they would get in his car willingly. The girls probably wouldn't query him being there if he was formally dressed assuming he was at an after party function or something. He would have been quite striking with his looks back then as far as what i can tell from recent photos where he now has a bit of weight on him and age. I think the girls would think he was a bit of a lad they considered to be flattering to offer them a lift home. Who would question a handsome friendly guy they knew from work over the previous few days or weeks. I mean they weren't expecting to be dead from all this their worst thoughts may have only , covered as far as him being a weirdo and that they knew where he worked if they needed to report him.
Just a completely different opinion but quite a good theory if i do say so myself.

Agree and also wonder if the fact that it was obviously NOT Lance Williams - their number one POI to the point where it was publicly declared - factored into them not releasing the CCTV.

I have often wondered if there WERE face shots on the cctv and they were used to make that identikit we saw in the background of some coverage (I think it was one of those police investigation boards) that looked remarkably similar to BRE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree and also wonder if the fact that it was obviously NOT Lance Williams - their number one POI to the point where it was publicly declared - factored into them not releasing the CCTV.
Could be plain old blind sightedness on the number 1 POI and perhaps thought it would confuse - as Con Bayens was told "Don't worry about it, we've got our man".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3104708/Don-t-worry-ve-got-man-moment-police-charge-hunting-Claremont-Killer-let-prime-suspect-walk-free-focused-tying-man-crime.html

No idea yet. Old Records aren't online, and sites like http://www.speedwayandroadracehistory.com don't really hold much about most drivers, pit crew, family and friends. I think it's either going to be a long haul, unless I get another break, or we'll find out during the trial.
For instance one of the kids in my scout group raced in junior events at Wattle Grove and Forrestfield with his brother, and his dad used to race at Bunbury in the 60's yet there's no mention of any of them on that site.

there were several vehicles parked in the drive at acton, but truthfully, i don't know much about cars and make except i'v heard that red ones go faster [emoji6]

i changed the exposure on some still frames from a news report featuring footage of when the crime squad seized chattles from the accused place at the time of his arrest ... there's (what could be) a vehicle undercover, stored in a carport/shed area ; looks like a workshop ... i don't recall having seen any previous mention of this and i could be totally wrong ... some type of white sedan with very strange, red tail lights.

maybe one of your crew might recognise the vehicle, pete?
[emoji887]

there were several vehicles parked in the drive at acton, but truthfully, i don't know much about cars and make except i'v heard that red ones go faster [emoji6]

i changed the exposure on some still frames from a news report featuring footage of when the crime squad seized chattles from the accused place at the time of his arrest ... there's (what could be) a vehicle undercover, stored in a carport/shed area ; looks like a workshop ... i don't recall having seen any previous mention of this and i could be totally wrong ... some type of white sedan with very strange, red tail lights.

maybe one of your crew might recognise the vehicle, pete?
[emoji887]
Pretty sure it was a google streetview image from the past showing a pickup on the lawn and a 4WD in the driveway that someone noticed a sticker on the 4WD which was one of these Krikke Boys stickers that were only issued at the speedway.

I think it was Kambo that noticed it.
99676f6193f3469b89ef93a91e1c7a15.jpg

Speedway cars have lights removed.
And station wagons are only usually used in demo derby. A lot of prep work has to go into them. Roll cages, moving radiator to the cabin etc.

ab869cec831a9f338096d308315f0b88.jpg

perhaps the break you seek, pete?
maybe one of your crew might recognise the vehicle.
[emoji887]

original frame>
78ef74ea5514e64a82dcf6cfc75c86ef.jpg

enhanced frame>
f9140c7ddb8fe6a7b8b0835372d73455.jpg

^stills extracted from an early report
9news, perth
featuring public address by the police minister.
https://youtu.be/YELxVmWoEcs
[emoji887]

Could be plain old blind sightedness on the number 1 POI and perhaps thought it would confuse - as Con Bayens was told "Don't worry about it, we've got our man".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3104708/Don-t-worry-ve-got-man-moment-police-charge-hunting-Claremont-Killer-let-prime-suspect-walk-free-focused-tying-man-crime.html

I'm wondering if we are taking too narrow a view. The video may have been edited so that other information was hidden, nothing to do with the CSK case.

There is all manner of unlawful activity going on in any square mile of anywhere. E.g. Could have been the arrival or departure of a bagman or anything

Yes, good point Pandit [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members