Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether there is a connection or not, how bizarre is it that another Iona girl goes missing. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lorrin lived in Victoria which is odd because the numbers of Iona students in Victoria place with much higher pop a bigger mystery than Claremont.
No doubt students, staff and family will be reconciling any possibld relationship.
Interesting its Melbourne.
Lorrin Whitehead had only recently reverted her maiden name which would make Lorrin easy to find via databases.

Lisa Brown actually did live in Huntingdale, she used to get on the same bus as me every morning to go to school...
She has recently had a reward attached to her case for information and I'm sure the case must be looked at closely in relating to the accused having Huntingdale links.

Con Bayen's "boot lined guy" was picked up in this area a few years later and I wonder if that guy is going to be identified as the accused?

I've used meitc link for the tides in June 1988 and taken another screen shot of the information they have provided leaving out the sunrise and sunset so it may be a little clearer to read.

<modsnip>

Note that the night of Sunday 19th June 1988 low tide was at 9.00 pm (Fremantle) and high tide was at 11.23 am on the 20th June 1988. The tide rose around 40 cm in 14 hours.

On the morning the car was discovered the tide was also coming in. Low tide was 9.00 pm on the 21st June and high tide 9.30 am on the 22nd June 1988. The tide rose around 25 cm in 12 hours.

Thanks for this. I'm taking from it confirmation that the car was in the water by the first sentence and a conclusion of how it went in. The second sentence only confirms that there were no signs of the vehicle at the beach because from the surface, there was nothing to see.
Although not me on this day, these swimmers were in the water in and out of waves and swimming and not just looking from the beach.

I'm going from my experience and talking to some that were there that the car wasn't on the 20th or 21st. Just my opinion.

Lisa Brown actually did live in Huntingdale, she used to get on the same bus as me every morning to go to school...

Thats always a good start. Good to see some confirmation that Brown lived in Huntingdale. Thankyou.

Heroin habit, sex worker went from Palmerston st.

Who was Bayens man in the white Commodore? Not that its required but a sedan?

Thats always a good start. Good to see some confirmation that Brown lived in Huntingdale. Thankyou.

Heroin habit, sex worker went from Palmerston st.

Who was Bayens man in the white Commodore? Not that its required but a sedan?

Hi MRichards, I wonder about that person Con Bayens encountered that night. Here's some text from Con's interview.

QUOTE (BBM):
"Bayens said he picked up a man in Highgate, an area notorious for prostitution, with all the hallmarks of a killer, but he was ignored by those in charge.He stopped a man he believed to be loitering in an unmarked police car."The boot was lined in blue plastic. There was wire ties, a pair of pliers, some masking tape," Bayens said."We had one girl murdered, we had another one missing. He could have been the killer."But Bayens said he was told by the head of the taskforce that they already had their man.He never saw a response to the brief he prepared on the man in Highgate, despite his striking similarities to the killer profile."What happened in Highgate that night, what I saw that night, has haunted me for a lot of years," Bayens said."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/why-we-didnt-catch-the-claremont-killer-28288144.html

Also Con discussing the flaws in the CSK case, short comment, interesting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uspect-walk-free-focused-tying-man-crime.html

"What I saw that night has haunted me for a lot of years," he said on Sunday.

The boot was lined with blue plastic and there was a pair of pliers and masking tape.

Mr Bayens said the head investigator into the killings had rejected his offer to pass on information from the undercover operation.

"He said, 'Don't worry about it, Con, we've got our man.' And those words will stick with me forever," he said.

"That Just Hit About 10 On My Weird Siht-O-Meter.!"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/aap/article-3104590/Ex-cop-questions-Claremont-murder-case.html

Rsbm for brevity

"Note that the night of Sunday 19th June 1988 low tide was at 9.00 pm (Fremantle) and high tide was at 11.23 am on the 20th June 1988.
The tide rose around 40 cm in 14 hours.

On the morning the car was discovered the tide was also coming in.
Low tide was 9.00 pm on the 21st June and high tide 9.30 am on the 22nd June 1988. The tide rose around 25 cm in 12 hours."

Gee thats a small tidal change prediction..
So small that i can't understand what you think a miniature tide level change is going to do ? Especially with the high tides between 9:30am & 11:30am , any tyre tracks would therefore be seen early in morning before the tide came up the beach the furthest high tide mark..
Can you explain more clearly how it affects anything ?

You will find that those levels also are Wrong due to the "inverse barometer effect" !

You'll find that the tide would be lower than predicted due to high barometric pressure.
Adjustments need to be made to correctly state the tide at the time ..

Along with the well known gravitational effects of the moon sun and other planets, there's one more lesser known but major contributing factor to the current sea level.
That being the atmospheric air pressure.
The atmosphere is constantly exerting pressure down on the Earth and ocean, with one cubic meter of air at sea level weighing about one kilogram.
The constantly changing weather along with high and low pressure cells moving over us has a greater effect on the tidal range than you'd first think.
For every 10hPa change in surface air pressure, a change of 10cm is seen at sea level.
When low pressure systems move over a region the sea level rises by a relative amount , while high pressure systems push down on the ocean creating a drop in sea level .
This is called the inverse barometer effect, as the higher the pressure the lower the sea level , and vice versa.
It should be noted that the sea level doesn't change instantaneously but more so responds to the average change in pressure over a larger area.
In general changes in surface pressure are in the vicinity of 20-30hPa and in turn the sea level doesn't change more than 20-30cm (except for storm surge / coastal inundation).
Global weather models assume an average Mean Sea Level Pressure of 1013hPa, so when the pressure varies from this we see the inverse barometer effect modifying the actual tidal heights and this modification is usually noted as a residual.
All around the country tidal observation sites show the forecast tide heights and the residual tide level.

Quote from the article below :

"An inverted barometric correction is necessary to use the sea level data for ocean dynamics research. We use NCEP sea surface atmospheric pressure for this correction, that is, with every 1 mb increase of air pressure, the sea level is increased by 1 cm.

The inverted barometric correction increases the Fremantle sea level annual variation range but reduces its interannual variability. Before correction, the Fremantle sea level deviation has an annual variation range of about 19 cm and reaches its peak value during June. The sea level atmospheric pressure has an annual range of about 6 cm and is highest during the late winter of July-September. After the inverted barometric correction, the annual range of sea level variation increases to 23 cm, still peaking in June. That is, the atmospheric correction increases the annual range of sea level deviation by about 20%.**Also note that the sea level standard deviations after the inverted barometric correction are smaller than those before the correction during most months. This is due to the inversed relationship between the atmospheric pressure in Fremantle and the SOI on the interannual time scale."

http://www.per.marine.csiro.au/staff/Ming.Feng/Climate_impact2.htm

With the High tide Mid Morning.

Any tyre tracks on beach would be easy to see early in the morning before the tide got Highest.

If it was Low in the night , and rising into the High in the ~ mid morning .
If there were tyre tracks they would be seen early in the morning after Low tide overnight.

Im positive that tide did not play a part in washing a car tyre tracks away .
Only the waves during the night could do that (or human/s) .
This is how the investigators deduced it happened the initial night JC disappeared. Because that was when the waves were abnormally large.
JmO

How JCs Fiat got into the ocean is irrelevant. It makes sense, that the vehicle was rolled off one of the side roads - probably rolled into the ocean to make it appear as though JC had committed suicide by driving into the ocean and drowning.

It doesn&#8217;t even matter if it was cold or an electrical storm. We know that the water was wet, and there were waves. There were no barges, tow-trucks or helicopters involved.

No one knows where JCs body went. <modsnip>

A character reference for BRE?
QUOTE: (BBM)
"A family friend has spoken of her shock after learning the friendly father figure was arrested over the cold case murders just days before Christmas.
'Brad was always very nice and friendly, and my family were taken by shock when we found out about what he [is alleged to] have done to those poor women,' she told Woman's Day.'Anyone who knows him wouldn't say a bad word about him.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-charged-Claremont-serial-killings-case.html

A character reference for BRE?
QUOTE: (BBM)
"A family friend has spoken of her shock after learning the friendly father figure was arrested over the cold case murders just days before Christmas.
'Brad was always very nice and friendly, and my family were taken by shock when we found out about what he [is alleged to] have done to those poor women,' she told Woman's Day.'Anyone who knows him wouldn't say a bad word about him.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-charged-Claremont-serial-killings-case.html

Hi Lampformypath - it always amazes me how after a serial killer is caught that neighbours and friends say what nice people they were, never caused any trouble, very friendly etc. Maybe they make sure they live a nice life part of their community so they can hide what they do. You would think someone would notice something though. The Golden State Killer recently arrested wasn’t a very nice neighbour and the community knew he was a grumpy man. In the local cafe he complained constantly about different things. Maybe he thought he would never be caught and let his nasty side show. I have attached a list of serial killers some of who were looked on as charming , friendly and helpful. I’m sure people were shocked to find out they were killers.

https://m.ranker.com/list/serial-killers-who-seemed-the-most-normal/ranker-crime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lampformypath - it always amazes me how after a serial killer is caught that neighbours and friends say what nice people they were, never caused any trouble, very friendly etc. Maybe they make sure they live a nice life part of their community so they can hide what they do. You would think someone would notice something though. The Golden State Killer recently arrested wasn&#8217;t a very nice neighbour and the community knew he was a grumpy man. In the local cafe he complained constantly about different things. Maybe he thought he would never be caught and let his nasty side show. I have attached a list of serial killers some of who were looked on as charming , friendly and helpful. I&#8217;m sure people were shocked to find out they were killers.

https://m.ranker.com/list/serial-killers-who-seemed-the-most-normal/ranker-crime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Annalise, I've read a bit about these serial killers and to see all those horrible "people" on one site like that really makes your jaw drop doesn't it? But I worked with a guy who is now doing 10.5 years for vicious paedophilia who was also a Pastor and a pillar of the community, but ah, I looked closely and saw his mask slip, called him out, alas was not listened to and he went on doing what he was doing in his "secret" life till someone finally caught him. I totally agree with you, if you spend time with these people (other than a brief hello over the fence, or a wave across the park or down the local shops) you DO see things that are odd. Flashes of frightening aggression, weird extreme opinions on things, constantly seeking praise and attention (yes, the OPPOSITE of what you'd expect a violent criminal in hiding to do!) lecherous comments to and about women (of all ages), and the list goes on... Most people don't want to call this behaviour out and so dismiss it, and don't share it with others, who would no doubt have had their own strange experiences. Of course, not ALL SKs behave the same way, but there seem to be "traits" they all share. Not saying BRE is guilty of anything, just sharing personal observations of a criminal hiding in plain sight that I encountered. The wolf in sheep's clothing is a perfect description!

How JCs Fiat got into the ocean is irrelevant. It makes sense, that the vehicle was rolled off one of the side roads - probably rolled into the ocean to make it appear as though JC had committed suicide by driving into the ocean and drowning.

It doesn’t even matter if it was cold or an electrical storm. We know that the water was wet, and there were waves. There were no barges, tow-trucks or helicopters involved.

No one knows where JCs body went. This subject has had more discussion and theories put forward than Harold Holt’s disappearance – Dec 1967. https://www.google.com.au
If the aim was to make her abduction highly publicized. It worked.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I noticed this published in an Irish Newspaper just after BRE arrest. It clearly states, sadly, how JR died.

QUOTE:
"Jane Rimmer (23) disappeared after leaving a hotel with friends.
Her body was found in Perth bushland two months after she disappeared.

She had been strangled to death."

https://www.independent.ie/world-ne...n-australia-nearly-20-years-ago-35316825.html

Makes you wonder how could they have this information...who is going to believe this is true ?
These International reports vary a lot imo .
What about the ones that said the throats were cut do you believe that also ?
After more than 50 days decomposing how can they accurately say this for sure ?

This thread is for discussion of cases related to the CSK. Some posts have been unapproved.

Please stop posting and discussing details of miscellaneous, unrelated cases.

Stay on topic. Thanks.

Makes you wonder how could they have this information...who is going to believe this is true ?
These International reports vary a lot imo .
What about the ones that said the throats were cut do you believe that also ?
After more than 50 days decomposing how can they accurately say this for sure ?

Yes Metic, agreed there has been a lot of different "reports" and rumours. The reason I thought this was worth posting is that it was from an Irish Newspaper and you would think they would be speculating on CG as she was of Irish decent and taken on St Patrick's Day, yet they only mentioned how JR met her death? I thought that may have given it some more credibility? And the fact that an overseas report might have gotten out before WAPOL could contain it? I don't know about the 50 days decomposition and the ability to determine the cause of death, not an expert, but it's incredible what in depth conclusions the scientific community seem to be able to determine on cause of death, even with examination of bodies that have even been buried for years? We won't know for sure till the trial of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog