Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Metic, agreed there has been a lot of different "reports" and rumours. The reason I thought this was worth posting is that it was from an Irish Newspaper and you would think they would be speculating on CG as she was of Irish decent and taken on St Patrick's Day, yet they only mentioned how JR met her death? I thought that may have given it some more credibility? And the fact that an overseas report might have gotten out before WAPOL could contain it? I don't know about the 50 days decomposition and the ability to determine the cause of death, not an expert, but it's incredible what in depth conclusions the scientific community seem to be able to determine on cause of death, even with examination of bodies that have even been buried for years? We won't know for sure till the trial of course.

At least the Independant appears to have credibility.

https://www.independent.ie/business...d-news-sources-new-survey-shows-35854877.html

I've used meitc link for the tides in June 1988 and taken another screen shot of the information they have provided leaving out the sunrise and sunset so it may be a little clearer to read.

<modsnip>

Note that the night of Sunday 19th June 1988 low tide was at 9.00 pm (Fremantle) and high tide was at 11.23 am on the 20th June 1988. The tide rose around 40 cm in 14 hours.

On the morning the car was discovered the tide was also coming in. Low tide was 9.00 pm on the 21st June and high tide 9.30 am on the 22nd June 1988. The tide rose around 25 cm in 12 hours.
Gee thats a small tidal change prediction..
So small that i can't understand what you think a miniature tide level change is going to do ? Especially with the high tides between 9:30am & 11:30am , any tyre tracks would therefore be seen early in morning before the tide came up the beach the furthest high tide mark..
Can you explain more clearly how it affects anything ?

You will find that those levels also are Wrong due to the "inverse barometer effect" !

You'll find that the tide would be lower than predicted due to high barometric pressure.
Adjustments need to be made to correctly state the tide at the time ..

Along with the well known gravitational effects of the moon sun and other planets, there's one more lesser known but major contributing factor to the current sea level.
That being the atmospheric air pressure.
The atmosphere is constantly exerting pressure down on the Earth and ocean, with one cubic meter of air at sea level weighing about one kilogram.
The constantly changing weather along with high and low pressure cells moving over us has a greater effect on the tidal range than you'd first think.
For every 10hPa change in surface air pressure, a change of 10cm is seen at sea level.
When low pressure systems move over a region the sea level rises by a relative amount , while high pressure systems push down on the ocean creating a drop in sea level .
This is called the inverse barometer effect, as the higher the pressure the lower the sea level , and vice versa.
It should be noted that the sea level doesn't change instantaneously but more so responds to the average change in pressure over a larger area.
In general changes in surface pressure are in the vicinity of 20-30hPa and in turn the sea level doesn't change more than 20-30cm (except for storm surge / coastal inundation).
Global weather models assume an average Mean Sea Level Pressure of 1013hPa, so when the pressure varies from this we see the inverse barometer effect modifying the actual tidal heights and this modification is usually noted as a residual.
All around the country tidal observation sites show the forecast tide heights and the residual tide level.

Quote from the article below :

"An inverted barometric correction is necessary to use the sea level data for ocean dynamics research. We use NCEP sea surface atmospheric pressure for this correction, that is, with every 1 mb increase of air pressure, the sea level is increased by 1 cm.

The inverted barometric correction increases the Fremantle sea level annual variation range but reduces its interannual variability. Before correction, the Fremantle sea level deviation has an annual variation range of about 19 cm and reaches its peak value during June. The sea level atmospheric pressure has an annual range of about 6 cm and is highest during the late winter of July-September. After the inverted barometric correction, the annual range of sea level variation increases to 23 cm, still peaking in June. That is, the atmospheric correction increases the annual range of sea level deviation by about 20%.**Also note that the sea level standard deviations after the inverted barometric correction are smaller than those before the correction during most months. This is due to the inversed relationship between the atmospheric pressure in Fremantle and the SOI on the interannual time scale."

http://www.per.marine.csiro.au/staff/Ming.Feng/Climate_impact2.htm

Does anyone else get this feeling of Déjà vu?

Now here's something that I thought was worth at least discussing, in view of the amount of women who are missing/presumed murdered in WA at the time of the CSK and other POI, from that era, having been assessed and cleared by WAPOL. Obviously this article is written prior to the accused's arrest.

QUOTE (BBM) (11th paragraph under photo of Ciara - just to make it easier to find)
[FONT="&amp]"Advertising executive Rebecca Nadal lived and worked in Claremontat the time of the killings and, to this day, is amazed that the crime is stillunsolved.[/FONT]
[FONT="&amp]“I recently attended a talk about the psychological profile of theClaremont Serial Killer at Murdoch University, where the criminologist saidsomeone from the SAS or armed forces would have the balls, stealth, strengthand skills to carry it off,” Nadal said. [/FONT]
[FONT="&amp]“That was the first I’d heard of that angle. Given that CampbellBarracks is right next to Claremont, and the Claremont is their local pub, Iwondered why this hadn’t been explored more in the press.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/01/08/murder-perth-claremont_n_8936806.html
According to Google Maps, it's just a 10 minute drive from Campbell Barracks to Bay View Terrace Claremont.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cam...45ebf28af590fd!2m2!1d115.781435!2d-31.9848062

[/FONT]

I wonder which Legal Eagle will represent BRE when the time comes. One obvious choice might be "struck off" the list.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/pe...yneys-lie-could-see-a-legal-ban-ng-b88834017z

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-...orded-conversations-of-wife-sat-finds/9750954

https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/p...yneys-lie-could-see-a-legal-ban-ng-b88804355z

IMO - I would recommend Rayney be kicked out of the legal profession for lying to a magistrate ! Perth people deserve better.

"In decisions that were suppressed until now, the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) described Mr Rayney's conduct as "disgraceful and dishonourable", saying it was satisfied he "was not a fit and proper person to engage in legal practice".

1996 Mar 3
" A 21-year-old woman is bashed and indecently assaulted in Church Lane behind Club Bay View."

The identikit sketch released of this attacker and the description of his height is worth a look into some more...

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html?m=1
bf4c729a1551666a1def4835aad26b0b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5057.jpg
    IMG_5057.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 10.40.31 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 10.40.31 pm.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 150
Spinnaker , this is one of the best news articles ever found about the church lane attack. Well done sleuthing & thank you for sharing them and getting T-O. You have provided many great old clippings from on microfiche searches. Recently the Claremont precursor attack at subway, the description of the attacker. And now the church lane attacker and this one is much different and its fits the Csk poi good enough to warrant a full sleuthing imo especially some identikit comparisons.
The victim was sick and the perpetrator looks a bit sick too. What sort of sicko violently assaults a vomiting drunk girl? Bashing head 6 times and ripping her skirt.
Any ideas who is the identikit sketch face described ?
Article re March 3, 1996 attack near Church Lane

Post Newspaper - April 12 - 13, 1997:

attachment.php

Further article also below - West Australian March 4, 1996:

attachment.php

Collage of identikit sketches with different shadys.
Edited By by me from the original newspaper article spinnaker posted
99859480a0ea33f19daff3ff5528b46b.jpg
127a34605fbc05ab3642c949705bb10e.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi Spinnaker, I think that artist's impression looks awfully like a horrible English bloke who is now in gaol over in UK. Here's a couple of articles about him and there are some very important questions asked in it about the CSK case and others. Can't understand why he wasn't looked at more closely previously?

http://www.news.com.au/news/how-man...a/news-story/3b77563471e500f96c3c56e26c61bd36

QUOTE: (BBM)

The British detective who investigated Ms Bowman's murder isconvinced Dixie has left a string of victims in Australia. "I can'tbelieve Sally Anne's murder was Dixie's first because of the way inwhich it was carried out," Detective Superintendent Stuart Cundysaid outside London's Old Bailey court."I am still convinced he has done something somewhere inAustralia. If he has committed another shocking murder &#8230; it isin Australia."He appealed for women in Australia and Britain to study Dixie'sphotograph and to come forward if they had been attacked byhim.While Dixie was cleared by WA police in December 2006 of anyinvolvement in the Claremont killings, a police source told The Sunday Age yesterday that detectives would now review that decision following his murder conviction."

https://www.theage.com.au/news/nati...ms-in-australia/2008/02/23/1203467459989.html

I've put both photos together, look similar to me, hmm...

attachment.php
attachment.php

Convicted rapist/
murderer Mark Dixie

Attachments

• dixie.jpg
    dixie.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 176
  • artist mark dixie.jpg
    artist mark dixie.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 178

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice articles Spinnaker.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...h-Western-Australia-2&p=12131838#post12131838

Post #847 thread #2 to name a few where the article was displayed. This gives a comparison to KK.

"A 17 year-old was attacked in February 1995 while walking home.

"Her assailant was driving a light-coloured panel van and was described as 183cm tall, of medium to solid build with brown, collar-length hair. He has not been caught." "

I believe this to be an article called "Chill Hits With New Chapter In Crime" by Mark Irving from 22 March 1997.

Spinnaker , this is one of the best news articles ever found about the church lane attack. Well done sleuthing & thank you for sharing them and getting T-O. You have provided many great old clippings from on microfiche searches. Recently the Claremont precursor attack at subway, the description of the attacker. And now the church lane attacker and this one is much different and its fits the Csk poi good enough to warrant a full sleuthing imo especially some identikit comparisons.
The victim was sick and the perpetrator looks a bit sick too. What sort of sicko violently assaults a vomiting drunk girl? Bashing head 6 times and ripping her skirt.
Any ideas who is the identikit sketch face described ?
Collage of identikit sketches with different shadys.
Edited By by me from the original newspaper article spinnaker posted
99859480a0ea33f19daff3ff5528b46b.jpg
127a34605fbc05ab3642c949705bb10e.jpg

Hi all - I wonder if, based on these id pictures, any other alleged victims of CSK have been able to say they match their attacker. Perhaps people have come forward since and extra charges added to the existing CSK charges. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How JCs Fiat got into the ocean is irrelevant. It makes sense, that the vehicle was rolled off one of the side roads - probably rolled into the ocean to make it appear as though JC had committed suicide by driving into the ocean and drowning.

It doesn’t even matter if it was cold or an electrical storm. We know that the water was wet, and there were waves. There were no barges, tow-trucks or helicopters involved.

No one knows where JCs body went. <modsnip>

Yes its unsolved and websleuths is where it gets discussed at length day in day out.. Im not 100% convinced that JC didn't disappear into the ocean or at least some evidence got washed into the sea. The elements have combined to make it possible imo . No one seems to agree with that theory on this forum but i wont agree when evidence shows the current was flowing south, wind etc too factoring .
I have learned a lot about JC's disappearance mystery through a lot of debating and investigating details on here. im sorry to other sleuths who are maybe not interested - ignore feature is your choice to use... its really good TbH .
JmO

Quote Lampformypath :
"Hi Spinnaker, I think that artist's impression looks awfully like a horrible English bloke who is now in gaol over in UK. Here's a couple of articles about him and there are some very important questions asked in it about the CSK case and others. Can't understand why he wasn't looked at more closely previously?"

Dixie was tall, like about 6"3 iirc whereas this description says "medium / stocky" build, 5"10' = 178 cm "olive skin"
Is this a Saturday pm /Sunday am
After midnight ?

Quote Lampformypath :
"Hi Spinnaker, I think that artist's impression looks awfully like a horrible English bloke who is now in gaol over in UK. Here's a couple of articles about him and there are some very important questions asked in it about the CSK case and others. Can't understand why he wasn't looked at more closely previously?"

Dixie was tall, like about 6"3 iirc whereas this description says "medium / stocky" build, 5"10' = 178 cm "olive skin"
After midnight ?
Agree the Church Lane victim describes her attacker as around 5ft 10".

The victim mentions that she had gone outside because she was feeling sick - which alludes to the possibility she may have had too much to drink, does somewhat blur the memory I guess. However I think 6ft 3 in is very tall and would probably stand out in her recollection and therefore rule Dixie out.

Would be good to know BRE's actual height - I suspect he is shorter than 6ft.

Another interesting point mentioned in the West Australian (March 4, 1996) article is that 'once inside the club the woman also realised that her top had been taken off and put on back to front" - did the victim or the attacker put the top back on? My guess is likely victim, therefore at what point?

Quote Lampformypath :

After midnight ?

Hey Metic, it's Saturday a.m. here in WA (after midnight on Friday, very late for this bear, going to bed now.(Yawn) Thanks for that information. I did find this on Mark Dixie and it gives a lot more details about his behaviour. I'm including it as, according to my previous post, this man was/is under investigation in connection with CSK again? This article gives all his aliases (and there are a lot of them I've never seen before, so thought I'd post it as it may ring some bells for some here in WA?)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1579461/Mark-Dixie-20-years-of-sexual-violence.html

Would you please post the link that told you how tall he is as I can't find anything about his height and weight? He is a chubby bloke now (more recent photos in this article), so stocky can mean a bit overweight to some, but if he's 6'3" well that's a very tall man. There aren't many guys that tall around so he would definitely stand out and be remembered. :eek:fftobed:zzzzzz

Hey Metic, it's Saturday a.m. here in WA (after midnight on Friday, very late for this bear, going to bed now.(Yawn) Thanks for that information. I did find this on Mark Dixie and it gives a lot more details about his behaviour. I'm including it as, according to my previous post, this man was/is under investigation in connection with CSK again? This article gives all his aliases (and there are a lot of them I've never seen before, so thought I'd post it as it may ring some bells for some here in WA?)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1579461/Mark-Dixie-20-years-of-sexual-violence.html

Would you please post the link that told you how tall he is as I can't find anything about his height and weight? He is a chubby bloke now (more recent photos in this article), so stocky can mean a bit overweight to some, but if he's 6'3" well that's a very tall man. There aren't many guys that tall around so he would definitely stand out and be remembered. :eek:fftobed:zzzzzz
I have the article handy so here it is:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sally-anne-bowman-murderer-mark-7704341

Nice articles Spinnaker.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...h-Western-Australia-2&p=12131838#post12131838

Post #847 thread #2 to name a few where the article was displayed. This gives a comparison to KK.

"A 17 year-old was attacked in February 1995 while walking home.

"Her assailant was driving a light-coloured panel van and was described as 183cm tall, of medium to solid build with brown, collar-length hair. He has not been caught." "

I believe this to be an article called "Chill Hits With New Chapter In Crime" by Mark Irving from 22 March 1997.
Thanks DRT for the above links, does seem to be similarities - below is a snippet from the link you posted above re KK attack and also a snippet from the two articles re Church Lane attack (Post Newspaper & West Australian)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 12.40.04 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 12.40.04 am.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 12.40.35 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 12.40.35 am.png