Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Ross be a witness in the case?

Ross's links with the investigation goes back to 1996 when he supplied police with information about Sarah Spiers. Ross told police he picked her up in his taxi the night before she disappeared.

Spiers had shared the cab with a second woman and another man. The woman was dropped in a nearby suburb before Ross drove Spiers to the Windsor Hotel in South Perth.

Even though the man had wanted to go to the city, he got out with Spiers and paid the fare.
Ross theorised that the man had gone back to Claremont the next night, found her and killed her.

https://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/24/1095961862193.html

Japanese Kimono Wedding Dress Uchikake White Sandhill Red Crowned Crane

Found this on ebay

mGb5cDxbWDlnrN2HMHcNV8Q.jpg
Any guesses on its price janwa,
Was there any details,
Any link ???
TiA

Will Ross be a witness in the case?

Ross's links with the investigation goes back to 1996 when he supplied police with information about Sarah Spiers. Ross told police he picked her up in his taxi the night before she disappeared.

Spiers had shared the cab with a second woman and another man. The woman was dropped in a nearby suburb before Ross drove Spiers to the Windsor Hotel in South Perth.

Even though the man had wanted to go to the city, he got out with Spiers and paid the fare.
Ross theorised that the man had gone back to Claremont the next night, found her and killed her.

https://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/24/1095961862193.html

Ross states him as a blonde man but are we missing something?

So he familiarised himself with Sarah first night.

The next night he pulls up offering the lift, Sarah familiar with the face enters the car knowing she may save a hefty cab ride fare?

Ciara as also had a blonde guy standing next to her talking to her inside the 20 minutes Ciara was in the bar.

Who is the tall blonde guy?

Who was the tall blonde guy cab sharing with women in Claremont?

Didnt we see an unsubstantiated picture of someone with a blonde wig and make up with an uncanny familiar look to someone else?

The disguise?

Ciara as also had a blonde guy standing next to her talking to her inside the 20 minutes Ciara was in the bar.

Who is the tall blonde guy?

Hi MRichards - I’m pretty sure the police know who the blonde guy was - they must not have had anything on him. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fascinating Janwa, thank you for that. But in the case of the crime having been committed so long ago, now isn't that a different kettle of fish regarding photo ID for victims who might come forward 20 years later - cold cases? Would they be allowed to see old verified photos of the accused person from around that era? Then define "verified" I suppose, oh it's all so complicated. Can you shed any light on photo ID from the past and it's use/non-use in a courtroom?

Hi MRichards - I’m pretty sure the police know who the blonde guy was - they must not have had anything on him. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of 2015 I dont think they had identified him.
This is prior current accused arrest, unless...

I may be reading some of these comments in the wrong way , but is it being implied that the blonde guy referred to is BRE in disguise ... there are also numerous comments about his eyebrows ... a blonde wig with those eyebrows and nobody would have noticed , really ?

I may be reading some of these comments in the wrong way , but is it being implied that the blonde guy referred to is BRE in disguise ... there are also numerous comments about his eyebrows ... a blonde wig with those eyebrows and nobody would have noticed , really ?
I doubt if the perpetrator was talking anyone into his car using blonde wigs and smooth talk in a pub saloon bar, if the KK attack is anything to go by IMO. There's nothing in the CCTV to suggest that MM abducted JR as he goes into the Pub, then she disappears. Nothing to indicate that these blonde guys knows what's going on. Could be entirely coincidental, even if it's the same blonde guy in these various events. Even if he actually was a friend of the perpetrator, doesn't mean he was scoping out targets. Maybe the perpetrator could've used his blonde athletic looking friend introducing him, to later make it possible for a victim to be amenable to an offer of a lift home. There's no proof in the CCTV that the MM knew anything about what happened later. It could be coincidence that the childhood acquaintance of the accused, whose father was a speedway driver, pictured in these threads with his blonde hair, had introduced the accused family to little athletics, where he has been a trainer for many years, and a athlete himself as a kid and his career as sports coach included an exclusive private Catholic girls college in the Western Suburbs. Maybe the perpetrator had a motto of "Sometimes it's who you know that opens doors"? Having a tall blonde athletic mate might've been useful, but keeping him from twigging must've been hard.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I doubt if the perpetrator was talking anyone into his car using blonde wigs and smooth talk in a pub saloon bar, if the KK attack is anything to go by IMO. There's nothing in the CCTV to suggest that MM abducted JR as he goes into the Pub, then she disappears. Nothing to indicate that these blonde guys knows what's going on. Could be entirely coincidental, even if it's the same blonde guy in these various events. Even if he actually was a friend of the perpetrator, doesn't mean he was scoping out targets. Maybe the perpetrator could've used his blonde athletic looking friend introducing him, to later make it possible for a victim to be amenable to an offer of a lift home. There's no proof in the CCTV that the MM knew anything about what happened later. It could be coincidence that the childhood acquaintance of the accused, whose father was a speedway driver, pictured in these threads with his blonde hair, had introduced the accused family to little athletics, where he has been a trainer for many years, and a athlete himself as a kid and his career as sports coach included an exclusive private Catholic girls college in the Western Suburbs. Maybe the perpetrator had a motto of "Sometimes it's who you know that opens doors"? Having a tall blonde athletic mate might've been useful, but keeping him from twigging must've been hard.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Thanks PD your comment: "...but keeping him from twigging must've been hard." Answer: VERY!!! Surely the hot (rod) blonde friend would remember talking to JR when her face was all over the news that she had disappeared, and then been found murdered? I agree, he may not have known anything about an encounter that may have happened later between the CSK (whomever that is) and JR, but it seems so unbelievable that he wouldn't come forward straight away to police and make sure they didn't suspect him in anyway? I mean the video with him approaching JR etc. and he STILL doesn't come forward? That's a pretty BIG secret right there that he is keeping that he could well have been the last person to see JR alive! Hmmm... very strange indeed.

Fascinating Janwa, thank you for that. But in the case of the crime having been committed so long ago, now isn't that a different kettle of fish regarding photo ID for victims who might come forward 20 years later - cold cases? Would they be allowed to see old verified photos of the accused person from around that era? Then define "verified" I suppose, oh it's all so complicated. Can you shed any light on photo ID from the past and it's use/non-use in a courtroom?

Lamp they would use photographs relevant to the time of the offence if they had them. The police would get subpoenas from the court to get photo from various sources just like they do Land, tax, medical records etc

Japanese Kimono Wedding Dress Uchikake White Sandhill Red Crowned Crane

Found this on ebay

cache.php

Thanks Jan for the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-cold-case-arrest-Bradley-Robert-Edwards.html
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...ital-clue-ng-d5498c5d0593771d7f526f90646d52f0

I was thinking you call a kimono dressing gown a wedding dress and the price increases 100 fold.

Looking at the dressing gown in the first link the material is very similar but the cut and style of the Wedding Dress add to the price.

I would expect the dressing gown being used as evidence is a $5 mass produced one from Hong Kong at the time. If it was more significant as a general item of clothing, then it probably would have been identified earlier.

Lamp they would use photographs relevant to the time of the offence if they had them. The police would get subpoenas from the court to get photo from various sources just like they do Land, tax, medical records etc

Yes, I realise the police could get subpoenas Janwa, but what if there ARE no photos? They could be destroyed or never actually were any as the subject refused to be photographed at events etc. that is possible don't you think? And even with Facebook, the accused doesn't have ANY photos on there of himself, and don't think any family members had any of the accused on their Facebook pages either? IF that is the case, the non-existence of photos of any kind from the relevant time, are they able to use expertly recognised regression artists/software to take current photos back to give a likeness, is that acceptable in court do you know and to show to possible other victims?

As per below sites I've found:
This first one you watch the process happen, takes a couple of seconds, amazing.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/35233361/Age-Regression

This one looks a bit freaky at times, but you get the idea. (That's weird, can't get this site to open now?)

http://phojoe.com/new/regression/

Re NSW opening up 500 cold cases - is there a possibility that the CSK might have gone further a field?

Post Newspaper 12 - 13 April, 1997 - Agent warns killer may shift ground
"The murderer was clever and cunning and could switch the way he operated, Captain Calwell said .. there is no guarantee he would not move to another area".

'Captain Caldwell said that "an awful lot" of information was gleaned from the sites where the bodies were found. Police now knew how he went about his crimes, and the behaviour exhibited during commission of the crimes".

"There seems to be organisation and intelligence on the part of the offender" - he said

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5064.jpg
    IMG_5064.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5060.jpg
    IMG_5060.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 136
Thanks Jan for the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-cold-case-arrest-Bradley-Robert-Edwards.html
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...ital-clue-ng-d5498c5d0593771d7f526f90646d52f0

I was searching for a similar kimono as the

I was thinking you call a kimono dressing gown a wedding dress and the price increases 100 fold.

Looking at the dressing gown in the first link the material is very similar but the cut and style of the Wedding Dress add to the price.

I would expect the dressing gown being used as evidence is a $5 mass produced one from Hong Kong at the time. If it was more significant as a general item of clothing, then it probably would have been identified earlier.

I was searching for a kimono similar to the one in the case with Red Crowned Cranes and fir/pine leaves. The case one looks like painted or embroidered silk if it is then it would have cost a bit more than a fiver. There may well have been someone come forward at the time to say they owned it. However that didn't ID.the alleged offender. The offender may have took it out with him or pulled it off a clothes line. I don't think the official reports put the Kimono on a clothes line. My recall (which may be wrong) is other clothes were reported stolen off a clothes line and the Kimono left at the Huntingdale house.

Re NSW opening up 500 cold cases - is there a possibility that the CSK might have gone further a field?

Post Newspaper 12 - 13 April, 1997 - Agent warns killer may shift ground
"The murderer was clever and cunning and could switch the way he operated, Captain Calwell said .. there is no guarantee he would not move to another area".

'Captain Caldwell said that "an awful lot" of information was gleaned from the sites where the bodies were found. Police now knew how he went about his crimes, and the behaviour exhibited during commission of the crimes".

"There seems to be organisation and intelligence on the part of the offender" - he said

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks Spinnaker, good article. And yes, CSK could have gone elsewhere, even over East at some stage, maybe with his work for training/workshop or seminar? I was very interested to read the good Captain Caldwell's comment:
QUOTE: (BBM)
"His behaviour was adjustable during the commission of the crime."
So this would indicate to me someone who could control himself when needing to be quiet and stealth-like, and escalate to a more frenzied state when he felt he was definitely unobserved and back again to more controlled again, if required. I find that a very important comment, which I haven't read before. Doesn't sound like the same type of rapist/killer as someone like Mark Dixie who was frenzied, out of control and vicious from beginning to end, instantly wherever the attack was taking place, even in broad daylight, from all I have read about him, had no way of regulating himself whatsoever. This makes the CSK sound very experienced/practised to me from a very young age, so yes, I'd say there might well have been several others murdered before AND after Claremont. Like Captain C said of the CSK, "...he likes it, he likes it a lot." (Shiver down spine!) JMO

Yes, I realise the police could get subpoenas Janwa, but what if there ARE no photos? They could be destroyed or never actually were any as the subject refused to be photographed at events etc. that is possible don't you think? And even with Facebook, the accused doesn't have ANY photos on there of himself, and don't think any family members had any of the accused on their Facebook pages either? IF that is the case, the non-existence of photos of any kind from the relevant time, are they able to use expertly recognised regression artists/software to take current photos back to give a likeness, is that acceptable in court do you know and to show to possible other victims?

As per below sites I've found:
This first one you watch the process happen, takes a couple of seconds, amazing.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/35233361/Age-Regression

This one looks a bit freaky at times, but you get the idea. (That's weird, can't get this site to open now?)

http://phojoe.com/new/regression/

Lamp look how many photos have emerged from LA and football and there were a few on facebook. Also remember the alleged offender was nearly a full adult in the school photo who hasn't changed much apart from hairstyles. Photos are secondary my bets on the DNA.

Lamp look how many photos have emerged from LA and football and there were a few on facebook. Also remember the alleged offender was nearly a full adult in the school photo who hasn't changed much apart from hairstyles. Photos are secondary my bets on the DNA.

Thanks so much Janwa. I agree about DNA, and yes, lots of photos of LA and footy, but he was a much heavier and less attractive man by then. Plus he was the photographer for most of LA too from what I have read, so those photos of him were rare, and again, much older. And we saw his hand up in the footy photos so not inclined to be posing for any photos at events there. I just thought a nice young one of him in the press from say 20s-early 30s would be very helpful, if there are other possible victims out there who had been attacked or survived an attempted abduction? I noticed Bret Christian was quick to ask me (when I wrote to him) if I had a younger photo or had seen one on WS as he was desperate to get one but couldn't seem to access one anywhere. Ah well was just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C_Plus_Detective