Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen on another blog that someone suggested that a taxi driver whose father was a policeman who he killed could have been involved.. Anybody have any more to this story or was he cleared?

Was this the Ice Addict who stomped on his Parents heads?

No, they have VS commodore, series 1, possibly stationwagon locked in(the Station wagon part because of a possible sighting that may, may not be true, according to a poster claiming to be one of the three witnesses). It is not a VR you are misinformed, again.

The VS and VR (VR is misinformed you mean VS) are NOT connected to Karrakatta, they are connected to Jane Rimmer (the fibres found after the review 6 or so years later, eg. Around 2008 they were finally tested), again you are misinformed, or not keeping up, or slow. The vehicle witnessed in the car park by the Karrakatta abductee was a 'commercial Van' later assumed to be a 'panel van' or maybe a 'commercial Panel Van'

And just to hit the trifecta of misinformation and idiocy the rope clue was not a rope, it was later claimed to be a question asking if any washing line had gone missing from a screen printing company, and they questioned this screen printing store on possible techniques used and a part that may have gone missing eg. Maybe the clamp used to knock Ciara in the head with, if what is claimed in this forum is true from he who claimed a fire poker was investigated in the Ciara Glennon case because of a possible head wound, so a clamp could quite possibly be a lead they are following having cause the head wound. This is also around the time they apparently dropped the Lance Williams investigation too so it fits with the timeline.

Never seen such derailment here in all my life, especially from someone the media got excited about as being knowledgable about this case, you are horribly misinformed about what has happened.

And seeing we know how CSK performed his Karrakatta abduction it is damn right idiocy to suggest he abducted the CSK victims any other way other than 'blitz attack'

Aww sorry Elastic. Guess I am showing my stupidity re this case even though I follow this case more than anyone else. You comment re a clothes line clue. Linking it to a screen printer company. Then you say a clamp whacked CG? That`s cause you link a clamp to a Screen Printer via the clothes line clue? Yes they may have an ink clue. But that does not say a clamp was used. But you say that. I recon maybe lead type from the Printing Industry could have done the head damage. why not? Large em guage possible. <modsnip>. Have you searched the railway lines as yet Elastic?

Yep..steel caps to the heads.. Sleepwalking! Some anger management issues I suspect!

MM needs to be looked at a lot more IMO that is.
Fair enough.. I',m afraid I'm in the non-believer camp when it comes to MM. I don't interpret JR's interaction with him was more than a passing corny line..

Fair enough.. I',m afraid I'm in the non-believer camp when it comes to MM. I don't interpret JR's interaction with him was more than a passing corny line..

Tis ok Sprintman. The Plod cannot find him so they giveup.

Peter, yes I have heard of that. Without more detail it does make it too vague to be of much assistance. I have heard the theories that she was taken East, JR South and CG North. I know that at least one WAPoL officer believes she is probably in the Wellard area and that the CSK probably only changed because JR was found. Based on the known MO, roads and vegetation at the time, if I was a betting man I would put the location near the Spectacles at Wellard BUT there are so many factors that could change this that it makes it virtually useless to do something other than speculate.
Elastic, the taxi driver is called Vernon Silich. I don't know who the blogger is, it was a comment at the end of an article. The person suggested that he had been driving taxis in the 90's, girlfriend had died under suspicious circumstances. He kicked his mother and father to death while they slept ( he says he was sleepwalking after heavy drinking). The commenter suggested that the motive was that the dad, who was a policeman, was going to give him up over his involvement in Claremont. If he was a known taxi driver at the time I would have thought he would have been tested/interviewed.?

I actually followed that case closely. I was not aware that he was a Taxi driver, and definitely not aware of the father being a cop.

This leads to a couple of interesting questions:

Where was Silich living during Karrakatta and CSK?

What was Silich driving during those years?

Does Silich parents have any ties to Claremont/Mandurah/Rockingham/Kwinana area?

I wonder what he was up to during those years and whether he was charged for anything like an attempted abduction or a rape/ sexual assault?

Also people tend to confuse strawberry blond with red head so I wonder if people assumed blond under street lights at night when he was more red head?

This guy Silich could definitely perform a powerful blitz attack on someone too.

Has he always been a Taxi driver, did he chane occupations around the CSK? Or has he always driven Taxis as a job?

I actually followed that case closely. I was not aware that he was a Taxi driver, and definitely not aware of the father being a cop.

Does Silich parents have any ties to Claremont/Mandurah/Rockingham/Kwinana area?

I wonder what he was up to during those years and whether he was charged for anything like an attempted abduction or a rape/ sexual assault?

Also people tend to confuse strawberry blond with red head so I wonder if people assumed blond under street lights at night when he was more red head?

This guy Silich could definitely perform a powerful blitz attack on someone too.

Has he always been a Taxi driver, did he chane occupations around the CSK? Or has he always driven Taxis as a job?
Yes many of those things come to my mind.. He was 44 in 2010 which would make him 29 to 31 over the time the girls were taken.. Gingers when younger can be blonder.. From photos he's not adverse to growing longer hair... The blogger suggested he is quiet but drank a lot and had temper issues.. And he is a powerful looking bloke. And apparently drove a taxi in the 90's up to the '00's.. It would be good to find more information about him around that time..

you think the CSK would kill his parents in order to avoid jail, but kill them in such a way that he ends up going to jail?

i don't think you need to bother talking about this new person. if he drove a taxi upto the 2000's then he has given DNA anyway in order to continue driving a taxi.

let's talk about the martial arts practitioner. papertrail claims to know who it is

(parkie you can keep talking about MM if you so desire. FYI it is possible to send PM's to yourself. please leave if you have nothing more constructive to add than "the police have giveup")

you think the CSK would kill his parents in order to avoid jail, but kill them in such a way that he ends up going to jail?

i don't think you need to bother talking about this new person. if he drove a taxi upto the 2000's then he has given DNA anyway in order to continue driving a taxi.

let's talk about the martial arts practitioner. papertrail claims to know who it is

(parkie you can keep talking about MM if you so desire. FYI it is possible to send PM's to yourself. please leave if you have nothing more constructive to add than "the police have giveup")

Tend to agree with this. Having already disposed of numerous bodies, you'd think he'd try and hide his parents too.

At the time of their death, his parents lived relatively close to Claremont. While still with the police, the father was stationed a long way from Perth:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-04-09/former-police-officer-and-wife-murdered-in-perth/2397816

I dont see this guy as the CSK. He sounds like a mean drunk who lost his temper.

IF anyone here has heard of a POI in this case who was found to be in possession of a taxi rooftop beacon, please let me know either on this forum or through other means.

Peter, believe me when I say that the Taxi theory has been done to death. Also remember that Holden Commodores are/were rarely very rarely used as Taxis as opposed to Ford Falcons of the same era. I'd think you would be much better served focusing your investigative efforts elsewhere, i.e. What method of abduction was utilized, blitz attack or did the girls voluntarily accept a lift? Also why have the killings stopped?

Peter, believe me when I say that the Taxi theory has been done to death. Also remember that Holden Commodores are/were rarely very rarely used as Taxis as opposed to Ford Falcons of the same era. I'd think you would be much better served focusing your investigative efforts elsewhere, i.e. What method of abduction was utilized, blitz attack or did the girls voluntarily accept a lift? Also why have the killings stopped?
Yes Green Devil , I agree. The V6 Holden motor was harder to balance than the Ford straight 6. The Ford was more reliable. Of course the Cops would have looked long & hard where Commodore Wagons of that era were located in Perth, or WA. Your end sentence I agree with & wish it was looked into. I am a bit apprehensive in commenting as one or two think I am putting myself forward as a wannabe Serial Killer when I am not. I had a Private Investigator & her helper thinking I was @ 2000 approx. I did wind them up re that, I do regret.
That was years ago (Take note Elastic) Now the Detectives are seeking what was used in Screen Printing. This does not lead to much at all & I will not speculate too much into that.
Now; was Droc right? Is he correct re a locality re Limestone wall & that was filled in? Till someone takes a Cavadier Dog to search, we will not know. Now ELASTIC don`t go over the top of what I say above please. Cause you tend to. Chill out.

G'day everyone. First time poster but have been reading the thread while the account was being activated. As an Eastern stater, the full effect of these terrible crimes weren't felt as hard as the locals. It's fascinating yet tragic that lead to the disappearance of 1 lady and the murder of 2 other ladies. Was just wondering, since the newspaper articles and Sunday Night show from earlier this year, has it yielded any new results? Or has it helped narrow down the field of POI? Also does everyone think the killer(s) will eventually be caught? TIA

Welcome BigV.

No new results. I don't think anyone on this forum thinks much of Con Bayens' claims. I think the killer will eventually be caught through persistent inquiry into the background of employees of local businesses in or near Claremont at the time.

GreenDevil, I tried to contact you through other means on this forum, but my message isn't showing up in Sent Items. Are you able to contact first so I can send you info that I can't post on the thread due to liability issues?

Just found this whilst looking into the Gerrard Ross case:
Serial Killer caught
Postby PSSadist » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 am

So to those of you unaware of the goings on down under, recently a serial killer previously unaware to the police was caught. Adrien Ernest Bayley who killed Jill Meagher in Brunswick on her way home at 2:30am in the morning from a bar, which was less than 450m from the bar itself. This idiot was not only caught on CCTV, but he didnt take the simcard or battery out of the phone and they were able to trace him down.
Previously he has been convicted of over 16 charges of rape, and for king hitting someone. He has only served less than 15 years in jail for these offences. But before the Rape/Murder of Jill Meagher he was named Adrien Ernest Edwards which was changed whilst he was in prison. Before he was incarcerated for these offences he used to live in the area of Claremont Perth and was living there during the time of the Claremont Serial Killings. The suspect was never apprehended and the WA police still havent linked the pieces together because as they say there is no coincidences when it comes to serial killers. Also around the time of the killings he was divorced / dumped by a partner, and even had a partner when he was apprehended.
http://www.psychforums.com/antisocial-personality/topic98583.html

It claims Adrien Bayley lived in Perth during the killings, another maniac in the area at the time? Can anyone confirm..

Also Gerrard Ross was strangled with a ligature.. Dumped off the road near a track... Anyone think they may be linked. Rockingham was the area.. Near the dumpsite in Wellard so could he be familiar or live in this area?

Just found this whilst looking into the Gerrard Ross case:

http://www.psychforums.com/antisocial-personality/topic98583.html

It claims Adrien Bayley lived in Perth during the killings, another maniac in the area at the time? Can anyone confirm..

Also Gerrard Ross was strangled with a ligature.. Dumped off the road near a track... Anyone think they may be linked. Rockingham was the area.. Near the dumpsite in Wellard so could he be familiar or live in this area?

Although it's a nice theory, I don't think there is any chance that Adrian Bayley is responsible for the Claremont killings. Numerous newspaper articles say he has been eliminated as a suspect. Their are some striking similarities from the way he dumped JM's body and the way the CSK dumped CG and JR, but CSK was that ruthless he didn't even try and dig a shallow grave, I'm pretty sure Bayley put JM in a shallow grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298