Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The match to the rape victim could be linked by many other things other than DNA, fibres, the supposed paint particles, cords used for binding e.t.c

However they obviously have enough of a DNA sample to rule some suspects out but not all so it is def not a complete DNA sample unless like 88mph stated, they have a match but now require more evidence because a DNA match on it's own is not enough for a conviction.

I too also find it strange that other than the CIA doc and 1 or 2 articles inspired by that doc that there hasn't been much attention at all from media about any other suspects, PW and his taxi driver friend and LW were so extensively covered you would think now they are cleared that media would put attention on other suspects.

Now! how likely that all or most of these other assaults were committed by the CSK?

1994, October: A woman (31) entered a taxi near Club Bayview. A man hiding in the back of the taxi grabbed her. She jumped out and broke her leg.
1994, New Year's Day: A man dragged a woman from her car after she left Club Bayview. He attempted to sexually assault her but she fought him off.

1995, February: A girl (17) left Club Bayview - she was tied with electrical cord and left for dead in Karrakatta Cemetery. She had been abducted walking home from the club.

1996 (Jan 27): Sarah Ellen Spiers (18) - never found - first to go missing. She left Club Bayview - last seen in telephone booth, Stirling Highway, Claremont. Police believe a golden sunflower key ring may help find Sarah.

1996 (May 3): Woman (21) indecently assaulted in laneway behind Club Bayview. 2am assailant ripped her skirt off and her head was bashed against a wall six times before she fled.

1996 (Jun 8): Jane Louise Rimmer (23) found murdered in bushland at Wellard, 35km south of Perth, last seen Continental Hotel.

1997 (Mar 14): Ciara Eilish Glennon (27) disappeared from Stirling Highway, Claremont. Had been at the Continental Hotel that night. Body found at Eglinton, 45km north of Perth, on April 3. Missing from the body: a silver Claddagh brooch.

so the first assault in the back of the taxi, I doubt that is linked because it's the only one with 2 known accomplices. but the rest certainly look like the progressing from attempted sexual assault > committing sexual assault > murder...

the area being considered affluent one wouldn't expect to see so many sexual assaults (or attempts) in 1 location would they? was that known to be a rough area on weekends?

The 1st 2 dates in 1st sentence should be swapped around. The new years attempted rape occurred on 31/12-1/1/94. The 2nd date in your 1st sentence is 30-31/10/1994.

refer to 'red' print in quote. 1st - this date should be 3 March 1996. 2nd JR's date is 9 June 1996. 3rd CG's date is 15 March 1997.

I consider the assault in the back of the taxi - not actually an assault by 2 men. I think what has occurred is the woman who had caught her taxi in Bay View Tce, had jumped into the taxi and into the front seat. A guy was already in the back seat and reached across to the front seat and the woman has taken that as an unappreciated 'grab'. She's opened the door, the taxi driver has tried to stop her jumping out, possibly whilst the taxi was still in motion. The taxi driver failed in his attempt to stop her jumping out and she broken her ankle.

Don't think it was known to be a rough area on the weekends; it was known to be very popular with a certain age group who participated in a lot of binge drinking. There were also rumours flying about that Club Bay View was the place to go for an easy drug hit.

We'd have to assume MAP has had his DNA taken. Was one of Macro's main POIs in 2008 and police are legally allowed to take the DNA from anyone suspected of a major crime.

So there's 3 options;

1. They don't have DNA and he nor the others have been ruled out
2. They have enough DNA to rule him out with the rest of the main POIs
3. They have partial DNA. Enough to rule out LW, PW, SR etc but not enough to either rule out or match MAP.

Keep in mind;

A. He's never been named publicly so the media can't rule out someone who isn't a suspect. Interesting to note is the media have never made reference to the unidentified MAP, neither to rule him out or talk about him in any way shape or form. Its not as if the media don't read this thread from time to time.

B. If police only have a partial then how did they match to Karra?

If they've barrowed it down enough to either determine a link or high probability then you'd think that is enough to rule MAP in or out.

REFER TO RED IN ABOVE QUOTE. This is INCORRECT. Police are permitted to collect physical samples from people they (the police) consider to be persons of interest. Persons of interest are at a different level than suspects.

Paul Ferguson in latest Sunday night doco seems to be wandering around an area saying he thinks that she is there, wherever he is.

Not that hard to figure out where Paul Ferguson is referring to -- zoom in on the road map he is using and you will find he is pointing / circling his finger around an area due west of JR's location and not that far in driving distance from there either.

I contacted Grant Taylor at the West & he phoned me back. I said to ask the Police in an open letter in the West Australian Newspaper, where is the missing footage of MM inside the Conti pub. He wasn`t interested. Top comment (reply) Grant Taylor; Case closed,lol.

If a person went straight to university after graduating high school, and graduated in 1991, that person would have been 25/26 at the time of SS's disappearance. Even if you added a couple of years in there (e.g. a gap year between studies; a bit longer to complete degree), IMO it is still a way off the 34 year-old age mentioned in the doco. Photos appear to support the age of mid-20s in 1996.

Edited to add: I have not seen the documentation that confirms age being 51 in 2011, so if so, I stand corrected.

Refer to red in above quote. What photos are you referring to ? If the photos are the recent FB additions, there are NO dates so I assume you are presuming.

Parkie how do you know where the claremont ghost's video stills were captured from ?

Did anyone on here keep a copy ?

So you are ruling him out based on this evidence... however, you do not believe that this is the same person?

FYI, another search informs me that someone by the same name disembarked in Adelaide in 1964.

Can you please obtain a screen snip of the data you have viewed re the disembarkment in Adelaide in 1964 -- I am unable to locate anything and have others check as well.

ok according to the map i found:

If he abducted Sarah spiers to Karnup - 61.8km south from claremont.
Or if it was lexia pine plantation in Gnangara - 57km north from claremont.
Jane Rimmer to wellard - 44km
Ciara Glennon to pidpidinny road - 60.4km north from claremont.

Which part of Karnup and Lexia are you referencing to obtain your distance, and why ?

Refer to red in above quote. What photos are you referring to ? If the photos are the recent FB additions, there are NO dates so I assume you are presuming.

Not presuming and not from recent additions. Look back further. There are a couple of photos that have been dated as a few days before JR's disappearance in 1996. There are also newspaper clippings with photos, including at least one with a date in the 90's.

Can you please obtain a screen snip of the data you have viewed re the disembarkment in Adelaide in 1964 -- I am unable to locate anything and have others check as well.

Search National Archives of Australia > Passenger arrivals index.

Papertrail Claremont Ghosts vids were not stills they were videos. 8 of them. All now deleted on You Tube.

Anyone care to explain what these Claremont ghost vids were about, either here or in pm.

I have seen them referenced a lot but never had the chance to view them myself, and now since they are no longer around I doubt i'll get the chance to ever do so.

Papertrail Claremont Ghosts vids were not stills they were videos. 8 of them. All now deleted on You Tube.

Someone has told me they were 'stills' but they could be wrong. I am aware they are deleted; you didn't answer my question regarding how do you know where the videos were captured from. Did you happen to keep copies ?

Anyone care to explain what these Claremont ghost vids were about, either here or in pm.

I have seen them referenced a lot but never had the chance to view them myself, and now since they are no longer around I doubt i'll get the chance to ever do so.

Papertrail posted an article referencing them. Parkie has seen them and has explained in previous thread. This is what he said:

Ok, have just caught up on the last 3 pages. Claremont Ghost posted on the CIA docu. His page on You Tube had 7 or 8 vids. One was him following a paddy wagon. One was by the Left bank Pub in Freo (so I was told) One was an old federation or similar house with Big Geranium bushes out front. Looked like G`s. Another was taken out Henderson way looking out to Garden island. Another was out in bushland with a lot of tar cracks in the ashphalt showing. It wasn`t an ashphalt road it was a tar sealed road that formed tar cracks over time. Lots of them. Like on a hot summers day. Another vid had a noise in the background. Vey loud too. Similar to the cement pump station in Naval Base. That company is out Hogg Rd Naval Base & you turn left onto Sutton Rd till you reach the company. Interesting road that... Sutton. I just say that due to a Bloggers name. And he isn`t me. I was drawn to that search area about 10 yrs ago. But sand dunes don`t inspire me. They are a pain to walk on. Anyways on the video there was a horn sound every few mins above the loud noise. Hogg & Sutton Roads have spooked me for yonks. But then again it`s like that whenever we pass a bush lake. We always think someone is in that lake.

Oh yeah; Another vid had him chatting to 2 quite pissed chicks. He was chatting to them about his religion in his car. Maybe it`s all Halal related for him. I was told yonks ago the Vids couldn`t be traced past Lebanon.

I have also seen them. They were black and white (filmed at night?). The footage would be on something for a few seconds, then just cut to the next shot at a different location.

I contacted Grant Taylor at the West & he phoned me back. I said to ask the Police in an open letter in the West Australian Newspaper, where is the missing footage of MM inside the Conti pub. He wasn`t interested. Top comment (reply) Grant Taylor; Case closed,lol.

Can you please rephrase that Parkie, did GT say the case was closed?

Can you please rephrase that Parkie, did GT say the case was closed?

I think he is assuming case closed because a journalist wouldn't respond to his ramblings and request to call out the police in an open letter.

Parkie how do you know where the claremont ghost's video stills were captured from ?

Did anyone on here keep a copy ?

If you read his post he doesn't actually name any exact locations except for the Left Bank pub and somewhere where you could see Garden Island from.

Parkie - you're obviously not busy as you've logged on and posted a few nothing comments, despite being 'real busy'. How about going down Stirling Hwy in the Claremont area (in real life, or on google street view) and seeing if you can spot the federation house with the geranium/whatever flower bush is out front. If you can remember that level of detail from vids posted that many years ago I'm sure you will recognise the house.

Papertrail, captured from? They weren`t. Claremont Ghost posted them on you tube. 88mph, Nah that was me saying case closed not reporter Grant Taylor, he is probably the brother of Mick, lol. Give him a buzz. Give the special Crime Squad a call too & ask why the missing footage is not shown? Been busy paying bills & seeing eye docs Billy. Plus I really can`t be stuffed in the heat. Maybe someone who has nothing to do might look at the task of finding the Hydrangea on the left side in front of the house somewhere in Claremont or surrounds.

Papertrail, captured from? They weren`t. Claremont Ghost posted them on you tube. 88mph, Nah that was me saying case closed not reporter Grant Taylor, he is probably the brother of Mick, lol. Give him a buzz. Give the special Crime Squad a call too & ask why the missing footage is not shown? Been busy paying bills & seeing eye docs Billy. Plus I really can`t be stuffed in the heat. Maybe someone who has nothing to do might look at the task of finding the Hydrangea on the left side in front of the house somewhere in Claremont or surrounds.

Common Parkie you know what I mean by 'captured from'. How do you know what place the videos were shot at ie what scenes were depicted. I'd like to hear from you instead of Billy. Surely you kept copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C_Plus_Detective