Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re SS's last seen position: which spot would have been the best lit? I think there is a chance that that would be the preferred waiting place for a young woman on her own, regardless of the direction she was heading. Just IMO.
In order;

1. Christ Church Center (phone box)
2. BC body club
3. Christ Church (where CG was last seen)
4. CCGS

From memory she requested to be taken to South Perth (can anyone confirm or correct this?).
Crime Stoppers says Sarah was heading to Mosman Park. I've seen this in other articles as well (actually I think I've heard it on one of the shows).
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/sarah-ellen-spiers/

...The dates for Swanbourne Railway and Claremont Subway are both on new year's day (read: the night of new year's eve). Assuming the dates are correct.

papertrail - can you please confirm...

Determining a date for the Swanbourne rapes would be great.

This reads New Year's Eve 1992/93.

This reads 1993/1994.

This article reads 1992.

Re SS's last seen position: which spot would have been the best lit? I think there is a chance that that would be the preferred waiting place for a young woman on her own, regardless of the direction she was heading. Just IMO.

Billy and Bart, your explanations of where SS would have likely waited and why make me feel like an inconsiderate taxi rider. I would choose the place I felt safest, just like elleAU. It wouldn't even occur to me to cross the street.

-----

Great maps, Bart. Thanks.

Crime Stoppers says Sarah was heading to Mosman Park. I've seen this in other articles as well (actually I think I've heard it on one of the shows).
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/sarah-ellen-spiers/

Determining a date for the Swanbourne rapes would be great.

This reads New Year's Eve 1992/93.

This reads 1993/1994.

This article reads 1992.

Billy and Bart, your explanations of where SS would have likely waited and why make me feel like an inconsiderate taxi rider. I would choose the place I felt safest, just like elleAU. It wouldn't even occur to me to cross the street.

-----

Great maps, Bart. Thanks.

i agree, I was thinking that an 18 year old, and a female would probaby not really consider waiting on a convenient side of the road for the cab, that is a very male thing to consider. in my opinion.

i have also never heard of a taxi in Perth arriving within three minutes of being ordered, especially on Australia Day.
Seriously. Finding a taxi at that time on Australia Day would be about as likely as getting attacked by a herd of unicorns. They would most likely be taking their friends and families home IMHO.

Maps are available for sale at numerous places, not just Landgate !
Maps that could place you with that sort of accuracy were very rare back then. The ones from Lands and Surveys were the same ones that the Army used as far as I'm aware. You could plot artillery fire from them without a problem, but the best ones were the mythical 'Main Roads' maps. You had no chance of getting your hands on those unless you were on official business.

i agree, I was thinking that an 18 year old, and a female would probaby not really consider waiting on a convenient side of the road for the cab, that is a very male thing to consider. in my opinion.

Except there were witnesses saying she was across the road (which is still reasonably well lit from the Christ Church Centre that is very well lit because they are office/shop fronts). I tend to think it's highly likely the witnesses were correct and did see her on the opposite side of the road.

She was either thinking convenience or maybe a nice bollard to lean against/sit on.

Remember this is a low crime area that is considered quite safe and she had been drinking so risk factor rises. I don't believe all the sex attacks were well publicised at the time (couldn't be sure of this though).

Could SS have been taken to the Eastern Hills? Where access to the trails is now blocked off? Yet then in 1996 it was ok as no one dumped rubbish then like they do now? Could he have driven further in than one would walk in?

Except there were witnesses saying she was across the road (which is still reasonably well lit from the Christ Church Centre that is very well lit because they are office/shop fronts). I tend to think it's highly likely the witnesses were correct and did see her on the opposite side of the road.

She was either thinking convenience or maybe a nice bollard to lean against/sit on.

Remember this is a low crime area that is considered quite safe and she had been drinking so risk factor rises. I don't believe all the sex attacks were well publicised at the time (couldn't be sure of this though).

I'm just considering billywizz's suggestion of Sarah not yet having made the phone call when she was witnessed across the road from the phone box.

Maybe she waited a while hoping an empty cab would happen to drive by, without having to call up swan taxis.

i also meant that Sarah being only 18, and having been an 18 year old woman myself once, I think she may not have been logically considering where it would be best to wait for either convenience of the cab driver, saving fare when the cab turns around, or personal safety. Maybe it was just the lure of the bollard to lean on.
IMo. Peace.

Opinions cannot be defamatory.

Speculation, such as, if this person robbed the bank, is not defamation.

I'm just considering billywizz's suggestion of Sarah not yet having made the phone call when she was witnessed across the road from the phone box.

Maybe she waited a while hoping an empty cab would happen to drive by, without having to call up swan taxis.

i also meant that Sarah being only 18, and having been an 18 year old woman myself once, I think she may not have been logically considering where it would be best to wait for either convenience of the cab driver, saving fare when the cab turns around, or personal safety. Maybe it was just the lure of the bollard to lean on.
IMo. Peace.

More chance of waiting outside CBV for a cab. I think if she waited a bit to see if she could get a cab without calling to save on the flag, then she would have been standing on the Hwy. I think it's unlikely she sat on or leant on a bollard on the other side of the road from the phone box before she made the call.

Could SS have been taken to the Eastern Hills? Where access to the trails is now blocked off? Yet then in 1996 it was ok as no one dumped rubbish then like they do now? Could he have driven further in than one would walk in?
Where is exactly is "the Eastern Hills"? I know there is a school of the same name in Mt Helena so assume it is there. Is it sort of east of where the high school is?

This has been talked about at length before but the locations of JR and CG are very coincidental. I assume police would have sent a search team out at 90 degrees east and had a bit of a look around?

It is of course possible that the CSK dumped JR at a random spot (pre planned and recon'd but with no thought to where his next body would be dumped) and when JR was found he then got his map out and found a spot 180 degrees with Claremont being the axis point.

Who said nipples were bitten off? I heard in completely unsubstantiated rumour the breasts were cut off, in Ciaras case anyrate. The rumour was just after Ciaras discovery. Either way.
Any rumour that wasn't second hand from a copper I have disregarded any rate.
Someone would have spent a lot of time looking at names of roads and maps though. Just an example, or they may be psychotic over educated academic.

Pipidinny means to see the breast/s sitting down here.
http://www.boodjar.sis.uwa.edu.au/boodjar-placenames/Pipidinny

Who said nipples were bitten off? I heard in completely unsubstantiated rumour the breasts were cut off, in Ciaras case anyrate. The rumour was just after Ciaras discovery. Either way.
Any rumour that wasn't second hand from a copper I have disregarded any rate.
Someone would have spent a lot of time looking at names of roads and maps though. Just an example, or they may be psychotic over educated academic.

And the relevance of Woolcoot Rd?

Woolcoot is derived from Wolcott.

Meaning of Wolcott: "cottage near a stream"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Focus on the case Bart. Personally attacking users is not permitted. It is like dealing with a child.

We are talking about someone with potential madness. Obviously someone with some issues.

Talking about yourself is the first sign of madness.

It may not even have to be on all occasions, he or she, or they apparently had their last kill, or at least police are focused on these three cases.

Yes, true Firestarter, coincidently Jane was left near a stream.

But it is a serial killer. Not a random killing. Hence, the massive amount of money poured into the case.

Take this sign for instance. It is the new estate Wellard Glen, then Glennon goes missing which means valley. Someone knew environmental planning was coming? Planning department or a environmental evangelist?

The meaning of Glennon is "Valley". Its origin is "Variant of the Gaelic/Celtic name Glenn". Glennon is a form of Glenn and is generally pronounced like "GLEN on".
https://www.houseofnames.com/wellard-family-crest

wellard_glen.jpg

And the relevance of Woolcoot Rd?

Woolcoot is derived from Wolcott.

Meaning of Wolcott: "cottage near a stream"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were all long weekends? So someone accountable to a system. Someone who needed to do what they did inside a particular long weekend window, and turn up to work like nothing happened. Someone needed to be in on Tuesday so it looked like nothing happened. If someone didn't turn up Tuesday, it would have been 'recorded'.

Many people have jobs where they can be in many places, and unaccountable to say a boss without being noticed. Maybe this person would have been noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298