Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got a link regarding sightings in Padbury after the attack? Maybe he works there? It would be odd that he lived in the Padbury area and went all the way to Mosman Park to commit what seems are targeted attack.

This article below says he didn't buy flowers from Florist. Also he has tanned skin, LW does not look tanned.

Rob Scott Verified account
‏@Rob7Scott

Police say Mosman Park rapist seen at the Padbury shops in the days before and after the attack.

http://www.communitynews.com.au/wanneroo-times/news/padbury-link-to-mosman-park-rape/

Sen-Sgt Smith would not expand on the details of what the man was doing at the outlet.

�I don�t wish to go into what that information was� but there�s certainly several sources of information that suggest that this location is an area the person of interest has been at previously,� he said.

However, he did confirm the man had not been doing anything untoward at the time of the possible Padbury sightings.

�There is no suggestion that people in this area were at risk at the time,� he said.

He said the investigation, based at the corner of Gibson and Warburton avenues, related only to days before and after the attack, not the date of the crime itself.

Police had not heard of any possible recent shopping centre sightings.

While he admitted the near five-year time gap could distort public recollection, he was confident in the northern suburbs link.

�We�re certain that it is an accurate reflection of what occurred and is likely to be relevant to the person of interest,� he said.

Police had ruled out a Padbury florist as the man�s point of purchase for flowers he brought to the teenager before restraining and raping her at a Manning Street home in Perth�s affluent west.

This article below says he didn't buy flowers from Florist. Also he has tanned skin, LW does not look tanned.
I'm not saying it's LW.

On the count of:

1. They likely have DNA and it would have been compared to LW
2. He wouldn't have called police because they could match his voice
3. The rapist reportedly has brown hair. LW's is black
4. LW doesn't have tanned skin

There's almost no chance it's LW.

Rob Scott Verified account
‏@Rob7Scott

Police say Mosman Park rapist seen at the Padbury shops in the days before and after the attack.

http://www.communitynews.com.au/wanneroo-times/news/padbury-link-to-mosman-park-rape/

Sen-Sgt Smith would not expand on the details of what the man was doing at the outlet.

�I don�t wish to go into what that information was� but there�s certainly several sources of information that suggest that this location is an area the person of interest has been at previously,� he said.

However, he did confirm the man had not been doing anything untoward at the time of the possible Padbury sightings.

�There is no suggestion that people in this area were at risk at the time,� he said.

He said the investigation, based at the corner of Gibson and Warburton avenues, related only to days before and after the attack, not the date of the crime itself.

Police had not heard of any possible recent shopping centre sightings.

While he admitted the near five-year time gap could distort public recollection, he was confident in the northern suburbs link.

�We�re certain that it is an accurate reflection of what occurred and is likely to be relevant to the person of interest,� he said.

Police had ruled out a Padbury florist as the man�s point of purchase for flowers he brought to the teenager before restraining and raping her at a Manning Street home in Perth�s affluent west.
This is strange. A number of sightings in Padbury before and after attack. No one knows who he is. But police seem quite sure this guy is the guy. How does that work?

I know the padbury area and surrounds fairly well and gibson ave can be used as a cut through road. But mainly if the freeway was bad and your destination was north west of whitfords ave. Those shops are on the left hand side when heading north. It might be a convenient place to stop in and grab a lotto ticket or some milk on the way home.

Based on that IMO he would live in padbury or south craigie

I know the padbury area and surrounds fairly well and gibson ave can be used as a cut through road. But mainly if the freeway was bad and your destination was north west of whitfords ave. Those shops are on the left hand side when heading north. It might be a convenient place to stop in and grab a lotto ticket or some milk on the way home.

Based on that IMO he would live in padbury or south craigie
If he lived in Padbury or surrounds, there'd have to be some link (as in this wouldn't be a random victim)

Also consider, there is no other cases of this MO being used.

And he called the owners. That to me is very odd. You'd think a sex attacker would just leave the scene.

Is it possible this is a targeted attack against the home owners? Are they involved in something dodgy and the attacker was sending a warning? Is there something the home owners aren't saying? That's a pretty out there theory but it seems like it's a once off attack and potentially not random.

The cemetery worker. Very interesting

Apparently wearing all grey work clothes. What employees wear all grey? Gardener? hospital? Silver SUV. Lawnmower contractor?

1429239842584.jpg

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...ld-mosman-park-sex-crime-20150417-1mn7e4.html

Yellow lillies - coincidence surely???

090815-flowers.jpg

http://www.ses-wa.asn.au/node/759

Did they figure out where he bought the flowers from because that's not a generic looking bunch of flowers....

Its in the link prior. Where did you get jeans and polo neck?

Sounds like people need toread the news articles. There is info there.

The man is believed to be aged in his 50s or 60s and wearing a broadbrimmed hat with a grey shirt and similar coloured trousers at the time.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/79d16c8ada4327d1b07f9e28091b488c

Where is the link saying he was wearing all grey work clothes?

Jeans are usually blue and polo necks can be many colors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its in the link prior. Where did you get jeans and polo neck?

Sounds like people need toread the news articles. There is info there.

The man is believed to be aged in his 50s or 60s and wearing a broadbrimmed hat with a grey shirt and similar coloured trousers at the time.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/79d16c8ada4327d1b07f9e28091b488c

In this link you supplied it says jeans and a polo neck.
http://www.ses-wa.asn.au/node/759

Your latest link wasn't in your original post.

However this one was.
With no description of clothing.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...ld-mosman-park-sex-crime-20150417-1mn7e4.html

Also I don't think a Kia Sportage is an SUV.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea, but they would have been native Australian bush flowers I presume? It is not the flowers that are unusual in this other case, it is how long stemmed they are and the way they have been wrapped in tissue (plus the colour of the tissue). Surely it would have enabled them to find what florist they came from.... I often buy flowers (including lilies) for home from various places and this bunch is distinctive not generic IMO.

Is it clear that the police photo is an exact recreation of how the flowers were bundled and wrapped down to the colors used though?
It's possible, since a cemetery has been mentioned, they were very recently placed on a grave and he snagged them from there.

I believe it was Arum Lilies that the lady was picking when she found Jane. The lilies the rapist was carrying look like the ones that are usually sold at the budget end of the price scale in florists, Oriental Lilies I think?

This a good question. I think in one of the articles it was mentioned that he didn't leave the flowers in the house, so it is possible or even likely that they are just trying to give people a general idea with that picture.

the arum lillie\death lillie \lillie of the valley
the arum lillie meanings are contradictory but this stood out, arum lillies are associated with death and funerals
tomb stones with a broken arum lillie engraved on them symbolise an untimely death to a young person as a symbol of rebirth and resurrection it is commonly used at funerals ,was this the reason the CSK chose one dump site

Did Mr Mosman park pick those lilies up at the local cemetery? Or where else? Hospital? Church? Did I read the police couldn't trace the flowers?

the arum lillie\death lillie \lillie of the valley
the arum lillie meanings are contradictory but this stood out, arum lillies are associated with death and funerals
tomb stones with a broken arum lillie engraved on them symbolise an untimely death to a young person as a symbol of rebirth and resurrection it is commonly used at funerals ,was this the reason the CSK chose one dump site

If Mosman Park guy is the CSK, the mosman Park site must be connected.

If a straight line is drawn from the rape site through Claremont, does it dissect any bushland of the size believed to be where SS is dumped?

craby
the ds reckon they cant trace the lillies,but have followed 590 leads, they also took DNA swabs from 240 men nominated as persons of interest but non has matched forensic evidence taken at the crime scene
'coincidence surely' yes i think so, this bloke wants to get caught

The flowers would merely be a ruse to get the girl to open the door as well as hide his face walking from his car to the house and back. I doubt he would have spent a lot of money and it is possible he swiped them from a cemetery. I wonder if Coles and Woolworths sold that type of product?

One of the problems I have with this guy being the CSK - while I do understand serial killers can regress from killing back to rape, he showed his face, called the parents and called police. Un-CSK like to take those sort of risks. I feel if he wanted a bit more notoriety he'd just go back to Claremont and kill again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298