Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a number of crime docos where it's been used. In the history of Australian unsolved murders the CSK would be right at the top of the tree. Beaumonts, Wanda Beach, CSK. You'd think they'd be pulling out all stops. The reward is still languishing at $250k whereas a number of other lesser profile cases are offering $1m. A bit of a concern.

Option 1: The slush fund that was set up. I assume it's all been spent but there's a ridiculous amount of money floating around the western suburbs. Wouldn't be hard to raise the money to fund it.

Option 2: Raise the reward to $1m and get an investor group to stump up

Option 3: Just get it done please Colin.

I've seen a number of crime docos where it's been used. In the history of Australian unsolved murders the CSK would be right at the top of the tree. Beaumonts, Wanda Beach, CSK. You'd think they'd be pulling out all stops. The reward is still languishing at $250k whereas a number of other lesser profile cases are offering $1m. A bit of a concern.

Option 1: The slush fund that was set up. I assume it's all been spent but there's a ridiculous amount of money floating around the western suburbs. Wouldn't be hard to raise the money to fund it.

Option 2: Raise the reward to $1m and get an investor group to stump up

Option 3: Just get it done please Colin.

My feeling is that there is no need to raise the reward, even though it's justified given the era.
I do think they have the culprit in sight but timing is going to be politically motivated.
Just my gut feeling ok?

I do think they have the culprit in sight but timing is going to be politically motivated.
I think it's more likely they have a guy who they are 99% sure on but just don't have enough evidence to get a conviction.

Old mate Colin is in a bit of trouble. When is the next election?

I think it's more likely they have a guy who they are 99% sure on but just don't have enough evidence to get a conviction.

Old mate Colin is in a bit of trouble. When is the next election?

Agree, the must be pretty certain they have their guy - this would be the only justification to keep the case open.

Next election is March 2017 and the guy looking likely to win (Mark McGowan) has stated that he will have an inquest held on the case if he is elected premier.

I was reading through some articles and started noticing how many fires there were in Claremont. The articles are from 2000-2009, so I don't know what was happening in the 90's (although one article did refer to a fire in 1996). The articles I have are pretty limited, so there were probably more that I don't know about. I tried to look up fires in Freemantle and other areas, but didn't' find many.

Does this seem normal? (Claremont assaults are included on the map as well.) (Sorry this is rambley, it's late here.)

Claremont Fires.jpg

Here's a live link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OzhWA7Zs4gmsNsTCdv5UBH1ELQ8&usp=sharing

I can post the articles if other posters think this seems odd.

I was reading through some articles and started noticing how many fires there were in Claremont. The articles are from 2000-2009, so I don't know what was happening in the 90's (although one article did refer to a fire in 1996). The articles I have are pretty limited, so there were probably more that I don't know about. I tried to look up fires in Freemantle and other areas, but didn't' find many.

Does this seem normal? (Claremont assaults are included on the map as well.) (Sorry this is rambley, it's late here.)

attachment.php

Here's a live link:

Sutton,

I had no idea this type of resource was possible. Whose control is this under, and do you plan to expand with further data?

A very neat tool.

Regards,

P

attachment.php

Here's a live link:

FYI. Ciara Glennon's map indicator is in the wrong location. If you can find it, I've posted exact co-ordinates on this blog for another poster. There is also a cross currently at that location that is relatively easy to find.

Yes great point re the reward not being raised. I think it's only a matter of time, they had an identikit on the Sunday night doco on one of the screens. If they did that DNA profile to create a composite image it would most likely be used in court, rather than to find the guy. I think they know who it is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-28-year-search-for-killer-reports?CMP=fb_gu

Hopefully a good sign, this guy was just caught after stopping killing in 2002 for no particular reason. Ran a grocery store.

Re-Identikit ~ Are you talking about the image showing a male face from the eyes up Billy? The one pinned on the board?

Attachments

• Ferguson identikit.jpg
    Ferguson identikit.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 35
yes

would an inquest make the 10 seconds of missing MM footage available? it obviously shows what happened to JR.

Sutton,

I had no idea this type of resource was possible. Whose control is this under, and do you plan to expand with further data?

A very neat tool.

Regards,

P

FYI. Ciara Glennon's map indicator is in the wrong location. If you can find it, I've posted exact co-ordinates on this blog for another poster. There is also a cross currently at that location that is relatively easy to find.

I made it through Google My Maps (pm me if you want help or further info). I will keep adding to it when I get more relevant info. And I will post a link to the sources.

Thanks. I updated Ciara's disposal spot.

Are these the same attacks that we know about? I know it's been previously concluded that the attack behind Club Bayview where the woman had her head bashed and skirt ripped off was the same as the Cole's loading dock attack, but I think they were probably two separate events. Was this one event or two separate events?

And what about the Davies Rd. abduction? Is that the same as the woman who flagged a taxi and was raped at the golf course?

The article is attached, but here's the DB link if that doesn't work on mobile devices.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73kd8ehz28c64zz/16 cases to check out.pdf?dl=0
View attachment 16 cases to check out.pdf

Does anyone know how in depth the case details are released to the public? I have a vision that a court goes through all the evidence and everything is minuted and released? Is that correct? If so, this would be a very lengthy inquest. I wonder if we would find out;

- Do they actually have DNA?
- What is the link between Karra and CSK?
- Have police actually ruled out LW, SR, PW etc?
- How was Dixie ruled out?
- Are the Commodore fibres legit?
- What is on that missing Conti footage
- I assume identities of the un-named suspects would be kept hidden. I'd suggest rather than using "Suspect A" or "Mr D" they use "Judoman".

The traditional role of a coronial inquests is to determine the most likely cause of death based on all available evidence. While previous reviews of this nature in WA have focused on suspects, the Christie case being a good example, I don't think there should or would be a major focus on excluded suspects in relation the Claremont crimes.

Long time follower of this thread

Peter is right that the inquest would determine the cause of death for both JR and CG, this we already know. A ruling of Homicide would be found. WAPOL would obtain an injection to have evidence suppressed from the findings. They already do this when the Coroner investigates deaths from high speed chases.

I don't believe that the coroner is able to investigate an ongoing and open police investigation??? The Coroner could investigate the disappearance of SS however and determine a cause of death. I still think WAPOL would suppress most of If not all of the evidence.

Agree with you both @Peter and Northwest.
But....Lets not forget, it is the Police who refer the case to the coroner. That's not likely to happen.

Secondly, even if a coronial inquest was undertaken, it would be many, many months away because of backlogs and the complexities of the investigations.

I believe that justice will be served long before a coronial inquest would eventuate.

Agree with you both @Peter and Northwest.
But....Lets not forget, it is the Police who refer the case to the coroner. That's not likely to happen.

Secondly, even if a coronial inquest was undertaken, it would be many, many months away because of backlogs and the complexities of the investigations.

I believe that justice will be served long before a coronial inquest would eventuate.

Not quite 100% accurate in your comment "it is the Police who refer the case to the coroner" as you can see here
Anyone can ask the Coroner to hold an Inquest into a death. This is done by writing to the coroner, giving reasons why you believe an Inquest is necessary.

If the Coroner refuses your request, you can apply to the Supreme Court for an order that an Inquest be held.

http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/R/requesting_an_inquest.aspx?uid=7062-8644-0562-5556

In most cases the request comes from the family, especially in the case of disappearance where estates etc. cant be executed without a death certificate

Not quite 100% accurate in your comment "it is the Police who refer the case to the coroner" as you can see here
Anyone can ask the Coroner to hold an Inquest into a death. This is done by writing to the coroner, giving reasons why you believe an Inquest is necessary.

If the Coroner refuses your request, you can apply to the Supreme Court for an order that an Inquest be held.

http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/R/requesting_an_inquest.aspx?uid=7062-8644-0562-5556

In most cases the request comes from the family, especially in the case of disappearance where estates etc. cant be executed without a death certificate

Yes you are correct!

in regards to how the girls simple just vanished
a friend of her indoors [ the misses] attended iona and new both ciara and sarah, one question i asked her was do you think the girls would except a lift ,her answer was maybe as taxies were scarce and most people at the conti new each other through school, work ,family e .t.c , she also said her friends would head for home down stirling hwy on foot and hail the first taxi that came along, this got me thinking that maybe ciara was heading for home on foot down stirling hwy planning to hail the first taxi that came along and was offered a lift, this would make more sense than a blitz attack, if the the girls new taxies were scarce and were offered a lift by somebody they met earlier in the night,i think parkie mentioned the OBH or somebody with a connection to the tight nit community, they may except . so if this was the case and the girls got in a car, who did they except a lift from ? was it MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking