Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me, that the killer would be:
1. Average looking: Due to the looks of the women he killed, if they had sexually rejected him, he must be of similar or lower looks.
2. Have a 9-5 job: due to the murders being on weekends/public holidays
3. Be Middle-Upper class, as most killers kill victims that are slightly lower than themselves.

A lot of men in western Australia at the time would consider the genre of girls here rather classy. Night life in claremont with some private girl colleges in the close proximity would be considered extremely valuable to certain men .jmo

sent from a tiny cheap gadget

attachment.php

A modern day equivalent comparison of a Telstra vehicle on St Quentin's Avenue.

The perception 20 years ago would have been quite similar, bearing in mind back then that Telstra was the government owned telecommunications utility.

Attachments

• 999.jpg
    999.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 417
Not sure when they changed, but it used to be called Telecom. Many people don't remember, but in 1996 the internet has just started, netscape navigator was just new, everyone was still on 14400 baud rate modems, any research a serial killer would have done on other serial killers would have been by book. Any mapping to align the body sites would have to have been done with a compass and a map, which not many people could do to that accuracy unless they were seriously into orienteering. I think that narrows down the suspects a lot.

Also if the killer had a panel van, its possible that he had a mattress that had been recovered in brand new material from a trimmer using VS Commodore material. Meaning, he may NOT have had a VS Commodore, but maybe an older panel van with a new mattress.

It was probably less that they were rich b....... and more that they were unattainable.

Some pages back it was suggested that a man resembling MM may have had a mobile phone in his hand? IIRC early mobile phone numbers started with the numbers 0408 or 0409? Can anyone confirm/deny?

The Karrakatta event suggests he was much older. And he had abducted her from another car. He was picking and choosing

I think Ciara was stalked for a her political connections via her father. I think someone knew both Ciaras and Sarahs father. The fact Ciaras mother worked at Iona as well really adds weight to the Iona relationship. Ciara would have been known by the wider community.

They were long weekends, and the propensity for people to go out long weekends was higher, especially Ciara on St Patricks day weekend celebrations. Id say the girls only visited the pubs in this area so there was a high chance they would be there.

Im not sure what Trevor Rimmers occupation was.

It seems to me, that the killer would be:
1. Average looking: Due to the looks of the women he killed, if they had sexually rejected him, he must be of similar or lower looks.
2. Have a 9-5 job: due to the murders being on weekends/public holidays
3. Be Middle-Upper class, as most killers kill victims that are slightly lower than themselves.

Firewalls were non existent. Businesses were essentially an open door. If he had electronic skills, he may have hacked with very little skills needed into business like Iona records.

Analogue mobile phones meant he could have listened in. That includes home phones.

Not sure when they changed, but it used to be called Telecom. Many people don't remember, but in 1996 the internet has just started, netscape navigator was just new, everyone was still on 14400 baud rate modems, any research a serial killer would have done on other serial killers would have been by book. Any mapping to align the body sites would have to have been done with a compass and a map, which not many people could do to that accuracy unless they were seriously into orienteering. I think that narrows down the suspects a lot.

Also if the killer had a panel van, its possible that he had a mattress that had been recovered in brand new material from a trimmer using VS Commodore material. Meaning, he may NOT have had a VS Commodore, but maybe an older panel van with a new mattress.

What is crazy, is the girls took unusual risks that their friends said was uncharacteristic. Shared cabs with others? So got in a fake cab unawares to their demise.

Had everyone of them called a cab? Club Bayview was usually a final destination for the evening as other pubs closed. Many pubs closed at midnight and that would have been one of the peak times for taxis.

If the girls went out, you can be safe to say, those few pubs would be their destination and later would have been Club Bayview

The car might have been an Iona vehicle. Commodore station wagons were common as vehicles used by nuns etc, at the time.

A telecom worker would be able to tap phones. And have know how to listen in taxi cabs etc.

This may be what police were referring to when they discovered Jane Rimmers watch away from the body.

The question is, at the time, the internet was relatively non existent. If he was a reader, he went to library or bought books. Someone said some time ago Jane Rimmer worked at the Iona library? But it has never been confirmed that was Janes relationship with Iona. Did Jane Rimmer read a lot of books?

Below are a list of the Zodiac killers signature MO's. I believe that the CSK is a Zodiac copycat.

- Telephoned/contacted victims families after the crime.
- Contacted police after the crimes.
- Brought precut lengths of clothesline to restrain victims.
- Feined illiteracy using misspelled words during correspondence with police/media/public.
- Included puns and word games in his correspondence with police/media/public.
- Continued to correspond with police/media/public months & years after crimes were committed.
- Removed wristwatch from victim and left it on or near victims body.
- Geographically preselected crime scene by plotting coordinates on a map.
- Zodiac selected Gaelic street names to dump bodies such as Deegan meaning: Black haired
- References to film/music in correspondences.
- Use of double letters in correspondence. ie Merry Christmass

Make of that what you will.

Some pages back it was suggested that a man resembling MM may have had a mobile phone in his hand? IIRC early mobile phone numbers started with the numbers 0408 or 0409? Can anyone confirm/deny?
weren't mobiles still not an everyday thing? Telstra technicians where given mobiles and my friends father who had one was one of only a few I knew of at the time. Can't confirm but pretty sure you are correct about 0408 and 0409 being first issue numbers.

It was probably less that they were rich b....... and more that they were unattainable.
That's specifically it. I doubt the CSK knew the girls personally so really didn't specifically know if they were rich or biches. It's really a stereotype of the area and one that holds reasonably true (the unattainable bit).

Hi benj , to elaborate on my question ; does the dna link mean its definitely the same perp or is it just the same ink, or cable ?

This question went unanswered so I will answer it for you;

1. The DNA link is alleged by The Post. Most of the other media that refer to the DNA link reference The Post. The Post is the only source of this intel. Macro/SCS/WAPOL refuse to comment either way.
2. BC from The Post first wrote there was a "forensic link" between the two without elaborating. In his next edition he "confirmed" the link was DNA. So the assumption is he is alleging the link is just DNA rather than DNA AND other forensics.

- If they have DNA it's reasonable to assume they can and have linked the two
- If they don't have DNA then there's still a good chance they are linked
- Although possible the chance of Macro uncovering both a DNA and alternate forensic link would be slim IMO.

weren't mobiles still not an everyday thing? Telstra technicians where given mobiles and my friends father who had one was one of only a few I knew of at the time. Can't confirm but pretty sure you are correct about 0408 and 0409 being first issue numbers.
About 40-50% had them back then (someone has posted data previously). I knew people who had them in 1992. I got one in 1996 and felt I was late on the scene.

I remember my bf's mobile number prefix being 01 in the mid 90's I think

Ferguson identikit b.JPG

So early on Macro were all over similar incidents in the same area, that being;

1. The 3 CSK victims
2. Rowe Park (Karra)
3. Claremont Subway (Stirling Rd)
4. Church Lane head bashed on wall incident

Interesting that missing were;
a. The Swanborne rape/s
b. The Princess Rd Taxi
c. The taxi golf course rape

Maybe it's because these aren't right in the hot spot? Also, they didn't know about the Cott Hotel/Lakeway Drive attack back then.

You'd think in both the Claremont Subway and Church Lane attacks that the victim was able to provide a description of the attacker. I wonder if they were similar and if it is the guy they have on their wall? I wonder why they didn't go public once they hit all the dead ends? The guy in the identikit looks young to me. 25-30 would be my guess.

Given the close approximation of attacks both time and distance wise, there's a high chance at least some of these are the work of the CSK and that he's a local man.

Thank you for trying to explain that bartholemeus , im slightly more informed , your info is good , as it always is, I will go over it again to be surer .
Also I got a mobile ph in "97 in W.A. & thought I was quite early for that part of the world , my mate who worked for telecom/telstra had informed me of the new mobile phones and that could only have been "96/"97 . Bart im not disputing , just saying - info . The Internet seemed to appear too around the same time , seeing I was traveling in se asia im sure I was exposed to seeing modern electronics available to your average joe pretty early . Bart the cott hotel attack seems very local to be driving to the lakeside drive in , that place was in the middle of a secluded suburbian zone well away from major roads

Oops , sent that post ↑ accidentally before end . bart I notice your posts a year ago mention this attack & thank you for your insight . It seems very local some of the things about the early assaults . Jmo

Crabstick you mean the cottesloe hotel not the karrakatta ?

Why would they fly in an overseas DNA expert - if there was no DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018