Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all , What is the information about the localized taxi attacks , subway attack etc . Is there much info news clips ? Not to be seen in the media timeline thread is it ? Thank you :)

sent from a tiny cheap gadget

Having a look at the locations of the early attacks around claremont , they are much further and wider apart than just the claremont cbd , from princess rd to the south , alfred rd to the north , subway, karra , lakeway drive in, cott beach , thats a vast area for one perp to localize , there doesn't seem to be anywhere he wont go , the claremont golf course is not far from the centre of all the early attacks & its a big muddy swampy lake area , ~shivers ~

The "no discussion" thread has some of the early attacks thank you for the answer . Thinking if all attacks can be one perp....? a lot of brazen attacks on all sides of claremont

We would have to be forgiven for thinking so.
Thinking and knowing are two different concepts.

There's not one link there where police have said that any of these main POIs have been ruled out. That's not to say they haven't, nor to say the information is incorrect, but there's a number of reasons why we can't rely on these reports that have been previously discussed in detail.

There is no one here claiming it's a fact that Macro don't have DNA. <modsnip>

Thinking and knowing are two different concepts.

There's not one link there where police have said that any of these main POIs have been ruled out. That's not to say they haven't, nor to say the information is incorrect, but there's a number of reasons why we can't rely on these reports that have been previously discussed in detail.

There is no one here claiming it's a fact that Macro don't have DNA.<modsnip>

Can you prove that any of them are still POI's?

Let's try and stay more focused here.

Websleuths works hard to deal with FACTS only. Facts are usually derived via credible sources, e.g. LE statements, press conferences and MSM sources. Some speculation can creep in and is allowed as long as it is based on facts known to us (i.e. facts that can be sourced back to credible sources such as LE, MSM, pressers, testimony).

Please refrain from wild and far-out speculation that can't be supported by some known fact, but is based on just some personal belief that "anything is possible". Sure, anything is possible, but is it probable based on what we know?

There is nothing to support speculation that politics, religion, or drug distribution networks are involved in these cases.

Stick to the facts of the case, and drop speculation based on nothing other than uber-remote possibilities unless/until such time as MSM or LE provide facts in that regard or indicate such possibility exists.

:tyou:

Can you prove that any of them are still POI's?

No but I've never claimed to.

<modsnip>

Crabstick etc stance - It is a fact that Macro have DNA and the main POI's have been ruled out

My etc stance - We don't know that for sure so let's keep an open mind until more confirmation comes through.

Are you clear now? Any chance we can move on and stop shutting down anyone who wants to talk about known POIs?

That is an assumption with no fact or source. Anyone who wants to disprove my facts, feel free.
Mo Joe has not presented this as an assumption at all. It's clear he's presented it as a theory. A logical and reasonable theory.

Thread is open again for respectful discussion. Posts have been removed in accordance with my previous reminder.

Discussion related to previously mentioned POIs is allowed as I can't seem to find one direct quote in the linked articles where law enforcement has stated that POIs have or have not been cleared.

The same applies to whether DNA is or is not available. Such information in The Post is therefore to be taken with a grain of salt unless it can be directly attributed to LE. IF you continue to discuss the existence of DNA, I suggest you preface it with "IF DNA is (or is not) available".

On another note, rather than bickering and personalizing with fellow posters, please consider using the Ignore feature.

It has taken far too long tonite to review this thread and associated links. If such disruption continues in the thread, we face the possibility of discussion being closed until further factual information from either LE or MSM becomes available. Post accordingly.

I feel this is the very reason Julie Cutlers car ended up in the ocean. An attempt to destroy DNA in and around the vehicle. But DNA forensics was relatively new. UWA was just starting a course in DNA forensics. The mmmm Safe Community Fund I think it was actually paid for a DNA unit that was never used according Debi Marshall.
I would have thought your average crim wouldnt have known about DNA destruction at the time. I don't even think I knew about DNA at the time. But I didn't know much then. I was in a bubble.

Which begs the question. Someone must have had considerable training to be ahead of the game with future technology developing. What type of criminal knows this? Particular police units would have. Im not implying a cop. Someone would have some science education?

At that point, what level of education would have taught about DNA, how it would be destroyed and how to prevent its detection. That narrows down some POIs across the public

Police only have full DNA through a forensic link to the Karrakatta assault and that was an earlier crime. Notably the 2 discovered bodies didnt appear to shed any light on DNA but had a forensic link.

Some police investigators were not overly accepting of the new DNA technology. It was a game changer.

Our criminal has a university education? Maybe in science?

He left her for dead. It sounds like it was a violent sexual assault,not rape. Hard to tell with media artistic licence. But didn't he ponder his DNA would turn up? 1996 Spiers disappears.

Did he let her go deliberately? There was a forensic link. He must have been confident they wouldn't match his DNA unless they found him? He's regional or overseas?

Could it have been a brand new station wagon in 1995?

rape_post.jpg
most crims burnt cars in the old days to get rid of finger prints, so id say if it was the CSK who drove JCs car in to the ocean ...... then he was getting rid of his prints

Looking at the vs fibers, citing a report written by students of monash university:

BEST PRACTICE IN FLEET AND CORPORATE ROAD SAFETY 3,
2.2 FLEETS IN AUSTRALIA

http://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/216484/muarc166.pdf

"The largest passenger car fleets are likely to be those operated by Telstra and the Australian Defence Forces.
In 1997, Ford and Holden sold 72% of their new vehicles to fleets. "

(Wow that's a huge percentage?!)

There was also some reference to safety best practice which included additional maintenance to ensure fleet costs where down and safety was up.

Looking at information in regards to fleet managements (careers with Telstra and fleet management co's) It seems to represent that a fleet management team would arrange all services, pickups if required and allocating of temporary vehicles.

Tracking back on my Telstra friend, I thought it was a panel van but it's looking like a commodore station wagon. It seemed like the back was higher, which could be correct as Telstra made amendments to their fleets inline with safety and costs. Inside I believe the floors where rubber to deal with mid etc, but the seats where velour.

Heads up yes I am female and I know absolutely nothing about cars... But maybe that's a positive as I am saying as another female would. Not to mention what they would have been thinking in those horrifying moments.. Thinking of these lovely girls and unbelievable monsters.. &#65533;&#65533;

Moo!

The 17 year old did say she felt the perpetrator was considerably older than her, a decade or more. 1988 is seven years prior. That puts Cutler in about the same age bracket who was born 1965. Someone with printing connections that screen print
At 1995 the car with tailgate would have been brand new.
<snipped>

With all due respect to the victim, at 17 I thought 19yr olds where old.. If only I had a time machine...

What's everyone's thoughts on the Claremont arrest yesterday, Totally different reasons but also an extremely violent man? Probably a robbery for this one, but doesn't mean much more?

<snipped>

With all due respect to the victim, at 17 I thought 19yr olds where old.. If only I had a time machine...
The 17 year old witness from the MSM 'source' felt he was much much older than her.

If that cott hotel atack was in "91 if hes 30 then born in "61 ; witness estimates age of perp

That would put him in similar age bracket as Cutler. Maybe two years older?
Cutler was born in 65? I cant remember.
But a decade or more older than Spiers.

Thread is open again for respectful discussion. Posts have been removed in accordance with my previous reminder.

Discussion related to previously mentioned POIs is allowed as I can't seem to find one direct quote in the linked articles where law enforcement has stated that POIs have or have not been cleared.

The same applies to whether DNA is or is not available. Such information in The Post is therefore to be taken with a grain of salt unless it can be directly attributed to LE. IF you continue to discuss the existence of DNA, I suggest you preface it with "IF DNA is (or is not) available".

[/SIZE]On another note, rather than bickering and personalizing with fellow posters, please consider using the Ignore feature.

It has taken far too long tonite to review this thread and associated links. If such disruption continues in the thread, we face the possibility of discussion being closed until further factual information from either LE or MSM becomes available. Post accordingly.
[/SIZE]

I get your point SillyBilly but LE have said virtually nothing to the public for years. When I tried to crowbar info from investigators, I was told "Watch the media".
It seems obvious to me that they are using Bret Christian as their mouthpiece. However Mr Christian garnishes the story from there on, is anybody's guess.
Just off the top of my head, I can only remember two occasions when Macro broke ranks and made public statements -

1. To squash rumours that an arrest was imminent
2. To address allegations in the press that registration plates recorded on video were never investigated.

Obviously they were very sore points within Macro.

A public clearance by police is an instant $10 million dollar law suit by Weygers alone.
Then the others will follow.
If the case is solved publicly, its going to be an expensive exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member