Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ST have I done this yet I cant remember ?

unable to attach links
you were going to
was RD here in 95 organising a transfer to a soccer club in the west? if so hes here for karrakata rape
his arrival time bugs me /hes here 5mins and it starts

you were going to
was RD here in 95 organising a transfer to a soccer club in the west? if so hes here for karrakata rape
Ok , guess i didn't do it because thought he wasnt in the time frame for the "partial face id kit time frame era .
Just so nobody gets confused ;
(You mean Robin Dyers not "Rd - richard dorrough")
how tall is Dyers ?
It will be real good if we see the murdoch id kit picture .
Ok silverT , Rightyo will fit dyers face match im sure it will be a good fit

unable to attach links

CG never went to CBV. She went for some after work drinks in the city and then dropped past The Conti. IIRC it was St Patrick's Day. She left the Conti and walked down Bayview Tce to Stirling Hwy, crossed over and then walked west along the Hwy towards Mosman Park.

I'd suggest the top two arrows point to the last establishment the girls were seen in. If you read the text near the bottom arrow it says "confirmed sighting". That seems inaccurate to me on a number of levels;

1. It's well before the bus stop that the "bus stop 3" were at. All reports say she walked past the bus stop on the other side of the road.

2. It's also well before Christ Church (the Church, not the school) where she was allegedly seen talking to the occupant/occupants of the white car.

So the question has to be asked - when exactly did they find out about the sighting from the bus stop 3? Where did Frankie go?
im still here just doing some catch up reading

"The former Mayor has not been publicly cleared of any involvement in the Claremont serial killings, but The Post reported DNA samples of the offender recovered from the body of one of the victims did not match his, or any other known suspect"

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/y...ing-confronts-wa-top-cop-20161125-gsxz09.html

This at least confirms that MACRO do in fact have DNA. Thanks BC for clearing that up for us.

Am I reading into things too much? What exactly does "known suspect" mean??

What is an unknown suspect?

I just find the use of the word "known" interesting. The paragraph could have been written without using the word "known".

Forgive me if this sounds crazy but I'm hungover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/y...ing-confronts-wa-top-cop-20161125-gsxz09.html

This at least confirms that MACRO do in fact have DNA. Thanks BC for clearing that up for us.

Am I reading into things too much?

Yes.

As much as I'd like some sort of confirmation that Macro have DNA, nothing has changed here. Repeating something again doesn't make it truer.

Bret Christian Dec 5 2015 said:
Importantly, he left his DNA on the body of the 1997 victim, Ciara Glennon, traces that police have now matched to a teenager’s late-night abduction in Claremont and rape in Karrakatta cemetery in February 1995

The West Australian Nov 25 2016 said:
The former Mayor has not been publicly cleared of any involvement in the Claremont serial killings, but The Post reported DNA samples of the offender recovered from the body of one of the victims did not match his, or any other known suspect

Macro said:
No comment either way

I'm unsure why certain people seem hell bent on claiming Macro definitely have DNA? And now the same people are claiming LW is tall. I don't see what gain you're all making by insisting something is absolutely true when it is yet to be confirmed? What is the reason for this?

What exactly does "known suspect" mean??

What is an unknown suspect?

I just find the use of the word "known" interesting. The paragraph could have been written without using the word "known".

The West Australian 25 Nov 2016 said:
The former Mayor has not been publicly cleared of any involvement in the Claremont serial killings, but The Post reported DNA samples of the offender recovered from the body of one of the victims did not match his, or any other known suspect

The Post claim they have a source who has informed them that Macro recovered a DNA profile in 2011. That's 5 years ago. We know a heap of publicly named suspects and without a doubt there would be suspects we don't know about. I believe in this context "suspect" and "POI" are interchangeable.

So would it be reasonable for the source to say to BC, "Macro have DNA and LW, PW, SR etc have been ruled out, but since the other suspects are not public, I can't tell you their status"? It seems unlikely. It's more likely he said, "Macro have DNA and it doesn't match any of the suspects they have taken a DNA sample of".

My assumption is BC is saying the DNA profile doesn't match any of the suspects who they have a DNA sample of, meaning "Known" implies "known to Macro" rather than "publicly named suspects".

I find this interesting;
The Post 5 Dec 2015 said:
People with knowledge of the investigation are concerned that excessive police secrecy has robbed the public of its ability to contribute sound information that could lead to the killer
Unsure why he's hinting at the motivation of his source?

The Post claim they have a source who has informed them that Macro recovered a DNA profile in 2011. That's 5 years ago. We know a heap of publicly named suspects and without a doubt there would be suspects we don't know about. I believe in this context "suspect" and "POI" are interchangeable.

So would it be reasonable for the source to say to BC, "Macro have DNA and LW, PW, SR etc have been ruled out, but since the other suspects are not public, I can't tell you their status"? It seems unlikely. It's more likely he said, "Macro have DNA and it doesn't match any of the suspects they have taken a DNA sample of".

My assumption is BC is saying the DNA profile doesn't match any of the suspects who they have a DNA sample of, meaning "Known" implies "known to Macro" rather than "publicly named suspects".

I find this interesting;
Unsure why he's hinting at the motivation of his source?

Are we then reading too far into this article if we then assume MACRO have no idea who the CSK is - all suspects have been DNA tested and there's been no match.

I've long suspected they have their guy, they just can't find the smoking gun.

Are we then reading too far into this article if we then assume MACRO have no idea who the CSK is - all suspects have been DNA tested and there's been no match.

I've long suspected they have their guy, they just can't find the smoking gun.

The assumption is that BC is implying Macro do not have a suspect who matches the DNA. Whether it's actually true or not is a different thing altogether.

When he says;

The Post Dec 5 2015 said:
People with knowledge of the investigation are concerned that excessive police secrecy has robbed the public of its ability to contribute sound information that could lead to the killer

He's implying that an insider to the case (read cop and read his source) knows the case is at a dead end and the policy around secrecy is flawed and holding the case back. Again, just because he's writing that and implying it, doesn't mean it's accurate. I can think of a few reasons he might create subtle misleading implications.

The first question I have towards the statement's authenticity is "it's implied the leak is to benefit the case so just how does letting the public know Macro have DNA benefit the case?". Answer: it doesn't really. There was a eighteen month to two year period where The Post was releasing regular info about the case. It coincided with Stanbury's last two years as head of Macro. I've always felt these articles were by design and the leak was Stanbury.

The assumption is that BC is implying Macro do not have a suspect who matches the DNA. Whether it's actually true or not is a different thing altogether.

When he says;

He's implying that an insider to the case (read cop and read his source) knows the case is at a dead end and the policy around secrecy is flawed and holding the case back. Again, just because he's writing that and implying it, doesn't mean it's accurate. I can think of a few reasons he might create subtle misleading implications.

The first question I have towards the statement's authenticity is "it's implied the leak is to benefit the case so just how does letting the public know Macro have DNA benefit the case?". Answer: it doesn't really. There was a eighteen month to two year period where The Post was releasing regular info about the case. It coincided with Stanbury's last two years as head of Macro. I've always felt these articles were by design and the leak was Stanbury.

Why the secrecy? It's been 20 years!

Why the secrecy? It's been 20 years!

A few candidates;

1. Macro have made mistakes and the best way to conceal them is to shut up shop
2. They made a mistake with LW, PW and SR by playing it out in public and in hindsight think it was the wrong way to do it
3. They may have their man but not the smoking gun and going public will not get them their smoking gun
4. Maybe they haven't been secretive. Maybe the DNA info was leaked by Macro to BC because they wanted to get the info out there but didn't want to be seen to be delivering it. So they used a proxy in BC to keep an arm's length.

It certainly feels like they need to make another public appeal.

A few candidates;

1. Macro have made mistakes and the best way to conceal them is to shut up shop
2. They made a mistake with LW, PW and SR by playing it out in public and in hindsight think it was the wrong way to do it
3. They may have their man but not the smoking gun and going public will not get them their smoking gun
4. Maybe they haven't been secretive. Maybe the DNA info was leaked by Macro to BC because they wanted to get the info out there but didn't want to be seen to be delivering it. So they used a proxy in BC to keep an arm's length.

It certainly feels like they need to make another public appeal.

3. If they have their man, the longer they delay an arrest, the more risk his identity will be revealed?

you were going to
The face fit is ok silverT ,
I had to have time out after doing this , that is why I hadn't gone and done it already . His smile is my problem & I apologize to anyone who may be offended .
b63b23f59850ea69305588b783eb0c84.jpg
b869e8907b37c1901dcb04b9b804ab8b.jpg

unable to attach links

3. If they have their man, the longer they delay an arrest, the more risk his identity will be revealed?

Probably but I think it would be foolish to make an arrest unless they have enough evidence to make it highly likely they will get a conviction.

If there's an inquest then we should find out if they feel they have their man.

Probably but I think it would be foolish to make an arrest unless they have enough evidence to make it highly likely they will get a conviction.

If there's an inquest then we should find out if they feel they have their man.
I think it might be more foolish for his name to go public before an arrest, and have it turn into another circus.

I think it might be more foolish for his name to go public before an arrest, and have it turn into another circus.

I agree but there's no point arresting someone if you're not going to get a conviction.

If we're going to be guessing the thickness / thinness of his hair, my guess would be thick.

Darren Robert Atkinson jailed for 15 years for Queens Park, Tuart Hill rapes

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/350954a2f5e71cc997404d6e9b251b29

Excerpt from the article said:
The first against a teenage woman alone at home was committed in 1997, where Atkinson forced his way into the unit, tied the woman up, blindfolds her, threatened her with a knife and then raped her
I wonder how similar this is to Manning St? I wonder what this guy looks like?

Excerpt from the article said:
Atkinson was arrested on cannabis charges, and had a DNA sample taken as part of his arrest. When it was run through the WAPOL database, it flagged him as the 1999 rapist.
If Macro do have DNA then our guy keeps his nose clean.

And his immediate family.

IIRC at least one of the profilers said that people will be shocked when they learn who he is. That's partly why I'm not focused on known criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298