Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. News reports state "[FONT=&quot]Next came the technique sometimes called “familial DNA” where police look for people who are closely related to a suspected offender."
[/FONT]
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/the-quiet-techie-life-of-claremont-murder-accused/news-story/f34913420ecf0edf1a4b991994f8254d
[FONT=&quot]
2.This is a relatively new technique being used in Australia using STR

[/FONT]
"However, for certain cases, such as sexual assault, examining DNA residing in sex-determining chromosomes can be very helpful during analysis. If the suspect in a sexual assault case is a male (has Y chromosomes) and the victim is female (has X chromosomes), conducting an analysis of the STR patterns in cells with Y chromosomes (referred to as Y-STR) can eliminate from the analysis the cells belonging to the female. Y chromosomes are passed through the paternal line—a brother, father and male children will exhibit the same Y chromosome." http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/dna/principles.html

and note above in 2015 NCIDD was updated to include familial DNA searching (explains why it wasn't solved earlier).

3. A male relative must have been identified based upon 1 and 2, which lead to police to BE.

Paul bernado, peter sutcliff and gary ridgeway were all questioned early on in the hunt for serial killers and kept up with brazen attacks, you have to remember these guys think they are too good to be caught.

Exactly! They get off on outsmarting LE and have such narcissistic personalities that they truly believe they are too clever to be caught.

regarding the karra rape
it was reported the girl was left for dead, did BE strangle her and think she was dead ?
if so he may have morphed in to a serial killer much earlier than the CSKs
i wonder if he was in victoria at the time of Lorrin whiteheads mysterous dissapearnce

regarding the karra rape
it was reported the girl was left for dead, did BE strangle her and think she was dead ?
if so he may have morphed in to a serial killer much earlier than the CSKs
i wonder if he was in victoria at the time of Lorrin whiteheads mysterous dissapearnce

Great point re earlier killings

Paul bernado, peter sutcliff and gary ridgeway were all questioned early on in the hunt for serial killers and kept up with brazen attacks, you have to remember these guys think they are too good to be caught.
Some are, that is the scary thing, the profile we have of serial killers is based purely on the ones that have been caught.

Read a book about Ridgeway some years ago, and contrary to most people's perceptions of serial killers he was well below average intelligence. One part that stuck with me was when he accused the police of using him as an 'escape goat'. He really was pretty dopey. Maybe he was too stupid or the compulsion was too strong to get spooked? Regarding the CSK I just get the feeling that he's at the more timid/easily spooked end of the spectrum. If we assume we know all of the Claremont victims, he took the best part of six months to get worked up for another murder, which would tend to suggest his sense of danger was mostly stronger than his compulsion to kill.

Read a book about Ridgeway some years ago, and contrary to most people's perceptions of serial killers he was well below average intelligence. One part that stuck with me was when he accused the police of using him as an 'escape goat'. He really was pretty dopey. Maybe he was too stupid or the compulsion was too strong to get spooked? Regarding the CSK I just get the feeling that he's at the more timid/easily spooked end of the spectrum. If we assume we know all of the Claremont victims, he took the best part of six months to get worked up for another murder, which would tend to suggest his sense of danger was mostly stronger than his compulsion to kill.

There is no one set rule for serial killer intelligence, the average IQ of ones studied in a recent report was 94-110 IQ.I'd suggest the smarter you are the more likely you are to get away with crimes, I have little doubt the really smart ones could in the right circumstances and city be very prolific.

Yes - Gary Ridgeway has an IQ of 82 apparently. Really low. He targeted sex workers though and as a consequence was able to get away with it for ages simply because there's never much interest from LE in investigating such a high-risk group.

I wonder if the CSK is actually clever since it appears he modified his choice of victim once the heat was on from LE and the media. I don't believe he's ever stopped killing, just chose a less conspicuous victim demographic than women from Claremont. And that suggests adaptability and cunning.

But hey, it's all just speculation on my behalf.

The other thing is that we don't know that his cooling off period was so long because of his sense of danger. It could just be down to his own inner cycle.

can BE be spotted anywhere in footage, now we know what suspect looks like?

Thanks to an earlier poster in here pointing me to have a gander at around 26:16 of
ABC TV Australian Story CSK related
“He who waits (Full Program 2004)" that is linked on the following page, that also contains the earlier CSK before you leap and other related videos.
http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specials/beforeyouleap2/default.htm
with 10 seconds of much better quality footage than the other videos being referred to in this forum.

In the "He who waits" video from 26:16, does one of the 2 guys in dark jackets that JR is very closely interacting with in this video, look like the MM? Slow it down frame by frame to get a real good look.

Nothing new in the media.

Appears SS hasn't been found.

Daughter is sticking by his side.

Am I the only starting to think this guy is going to deny everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no one set rule for serial killer intelligence, the average IQ of ones studied in a recent study was 94-110 IQ.I'd suggest the smarter you are the more likely you are to get away with crimes, I have little doubt the really smart ones could in the right circumstances and city be very prolific.

And yet Ridgeway is amongst the most prolific of all serial killers. Much of that success would be due to the type of women he preyed upon, prostitutes/transients working the SeaTac strip. Gacy also apparently picked up many of his victims from bus terminals and other places where he could find 'lost youths'. When he preyed on someone that someone cared about he got caught.

The sad truth perhaps is that the social status of the victims is one of the greatest indicators of a serial killers ability to be successful. How many times have we heard that friends or relatives of working girls or transients tried to report them missing only to be told they'd probably run away with their boyfriend?

Much of the aura of the CSK is that his victims were seen as 'good' girls. At some level we're not surprised when hookers go missing in Midland or Northbridge, but middle class girls that go missing in Claremont! That apparently is beyond the pale.

You can sleuth anyone to your heart's content behind the scenes, but you CANNOT post the information you find about innocent people (wife, daughter, brother, etc) on this board unless the person is the named POI/suspect or the victim. It is a violation of The Rules here at Websleuths and posts will be removed and temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges may occur.

If an innocent person (i.e. neighbour, cousin, etc) is named in MSM, you may discuss what they have to say or what is said about them in MSM, but you cannot sleuth them to the nth degree and bring that information here.

Please review The Rules and specifically: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Etc.

If you see a post which violates this rule, please alert on it immediately to make our jobs easier in removing them.

:tyou:
:bump:

Serial killers having a high IQ is actually some what of a myth, there have been serial killers with extremely high & low IQ's and everything in between. The image of the evil genius serial killer is mostly a Hollywood invention. Real serial killers generally do not possess unique or exceptional intellectual skills. The reality is that most serial killers who have had their IQ tested score between borderline and above average intelligence. This is very consistent with the general population. Contrary to mythology, it is not high intelligence that makes serial killers successful. Instead, it is obsession, meticulous planning and a cold-blooded, often psychopathic personality that enable serial killers to operate over long periods of time without detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919