Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Exactly what capacity did he work for UWA as? As a Telstra worker, contractor of a company or employee of UWA.

And do you work in a technical capacity in your job?"

I think it was GROK who asked this back on Thread #8

He worked at UWA as a Telstra tech, employed by Telstra, and contracted out to the university to look after the uni's comms system on an intermittent basis between 2012-2015 (from memory) He filled in for the other tech for a week or two at a time, sometimes more during that period when the regular guy was on leave. He sat at the desk across from me, so I had the opportunity to chat to him some mornings in the office and in the tea room.

As far as the last question: why do you ask?
ps: I used to look forward to reading GROK when it came out. It was always far superior to the Pelican.

I asked if you were a tech so I knew if to bother asking more questions about what kind of a programmer he was.

I clearly recall this case.....freaked me out back then.

Easy to see how the two said cars can be mistaken especially as it was eyewitnessed at night.

Many similar circumstances surrounding this case which could link to CSK IMO.

I agree! It would also explain why someone with a company car would hold onto an old car like this for so long!!

Seems like quite a lot of the article was sourced from here.
Good to read all the info in an organized way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji888]I had hoped for some further insight, and gather we're all thinking the same on here - a bit deja vu for websleuthers - yesterday's news.
I talked to a friend or two about the CSK, and of me spending the festive tuned into WS - my associates don't seem to share this passion to the same degree, as one of them had no idea who or what I was talking about.
Not saying that heinous acts appeal to me in the Slightest, but must admit I am fascinated by the criminal mind.
There's some undercurrent to my train of thought, that I might keep myself safer by being savvied up on this stuff.

My gut feeling (and based on one of the comments on the Gosnells reunion Facebook page) is that he was probably bullied a bit at school. When I was at school in the 80s calling someone a "bog" was slightly derogatory. It was possibly a shortening of "bogan", but had a slightly different meaning; it referred to a person who was into heavy metal music and dressed in black. I can remember kids at school being called "bogs" and it wasn't intended to be complimentary.

It's possible he was bullied and eventually just tried to "own" that identity by running with it as a nickname.

[emoji888] I feel that too. As friendly or ribbing as some nicknames are carelessly designed to be, a name like boggsy probably wouldn't have helped any social inadequacy he may have carried.
He already stood out amongst his peers simply for being the biggest/tallest (and I have personally known somebody extremely tall who readily took serious offence at being asked to reach something down from a top shelf)

No disrespect intended, but when I saw the class photo in the article, at a glance it looked as if his classmates had all deliberately placed brown paper bags on their own heads, and I was struck by how they'd had the foresight to hide their own identities back then.

[emoji887]

I agree! It would also explain why someone with a company car would hold onto an old car like this for so long!!

While I'm certainly not saying it's impossible I'd find it unlikely that BE murdered this girl in 91 but then went back to sexual assault and let his victim go at the cemetery in 95. I think once he'd crossed the murder threshold a sexual assault wouldn't have been good enough for him anymore.

While I'm certainly not saying it's impossible I'd find it unlikely that BE murdered this girl in 91 but then went back to sexual assault and let his victim go at the cemetery in 95. I think once he'd crossed the murder threshold a sexual assault wouldn't have been good enough for him anymore.

[emoji888]but did he actually let her go in 95?
the way I read it was that he had "left her for dead"

[emoji887]

Apologies for the off-topic post, but I can't imagine what a mind- ****** this must be for you Mordekai.

How crazy it would have been if the topic of the CSK came up at some point when you knew him and he found out you'd been a cleared POI.

The mind boggles.

Thanks for all the useful info you've contributed to the thread since day one.
dont believe everything you read

While I agree with you on the above I remember reading in the KT murder investigation that the person in the car called out her name, she then talked to the person and got in. If he was the perp in this case perhaps he had to cross that line as he could have been identified?

Article here where it states her name was called http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...d/news-story/5fc90319ac3f97ce0eeb3127df726998

I'm not sure he "let her go" at all, many reports say "left for dead". Which, even though we don't have details, sounds like great bodily harm that could have resulted in death. There have also been a few cases I'm familiar with of serial killers not killing all of their victims for one reason or another, so I do think it's possible he may have attacked women without killing them in addition to the murders.

While I agree with you on the above I remember reading in the KT murder investigation that the person in the car called out her name, she then talked to the person and got in. If he was the perp in this case perhaps he had to cross that line as he could have been identified?

Article here where it states her name was called http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...d/news-story/5fc90319ac3f97ce0eeb3127df726998

Called out. Not called out her name. Called out was probably' "Hey, want a lift?'

I asked if you were a tech so I knew if to bother asking more questions about what kind of a programmer he was.
I can't say for certain, but I have worked with people from the same Telstra team as BE, and "programmer" refers to someone who programmed telephone systems (PABX, and later IPTel). It doesn't mean programmer in the traditional sense. Programming phone systems requires attention to detail and low-to-mid technical skill, but it's really configuration rather than coding.

That's not to say he couldn't program - I think someone mentioned he'd bought an Arduino board on eBay, which would at least indicate some interest in programming.

The websites he created were basic, and in themselves only indicate a lower level techincal ability.

Someone said he was a technician to the "postmaster general" or something rather who was responsible for all telephone lines?

IIRC they were talking about a close relative.... not him? PMG (Post Master General) covered what you would now call Australia Post and Telstra (under the same umbrella).

So are you saying he rented in kewdale between 95-2000 before buying the house in 2000?

No. As far as I can tell he had no connection with Kewdale prior to 2000.

Called out. Not called out her name. Called out was probably' "Hey, want a lift?'

I was just reading the same news story, interestingly the blue car had distinctive rims and this was repeated in many news stories at the time of the disappearance. Wonder what rims the Gemini had?

Also with the placement of KT body do we have any further info, was it near any Telstra infrastructure.

I was just reading the same news story, interestingly the blue car had distinctive rims and this was repeated in many news stories at the time of the disappearance. Wonder what rims the Gemini had?

Also with the placement of KT body do we have any further info, was it near any Telstra infrastructure.

I know the Telstra stuff is a focus now due to his job but really by definition it's everywhere so it's always going to be fairly close.

Re the former, probably only in recent years (i.e. post 2000). Re the latter, well if he followed Mandurah Road north to it's (modern day*) end, and then followed Millar Road along the train line east he would be at the JR dump site (only an approx 29 min/31.2km drive according to Google Maps). Short drive from there (dump site) to where the freeway began/ended at the time (Thomas Rd). Would have still arrived at Huntingdale in the early hours presumably though, so if parents were home would still be an issue, unless he killed some time (no pun intended). *inserted as it appears Millar Rd W was a right turn off Mandurah Road in the old days before Kulija Road was constructed.
" ____________________________________________________________

At the time JR was found the Freeway ended at Thomas Road. The most direct route from Claremont involved getting off Freeway at Thomas - then down Johnson/Dixon/Miller,,,,,,,, It was a "bush-run" back then ________________________________________________________

I'm not sure he "let her go" at all, many reports say "left for dead". Which, even though we don't have details, sounds like great bodily harm that could have resulted in death. There have also been a few cases I'm familiar with of serial killers not killing all of their victims for one reason or another, so I do think it's possible he may have attacked women without killing them in addition to the murders.
I think its a case of some saw him and some didnt . He had to kill the ones he let see him (or maybe they already knew him on some level...which would explain them getting in his car and the MM footage)
I dont think it was about killing. I think it was about the rapes and power.

Also could be he just let some go. Richard Ramirez aka The Night Stalker did a bit of that

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No. As far as I can tell he had no connection with Kewdale prior to 2000.

So if not with parents during the CSK where was he living?
Girlfriend/future wifes house or her parents house?
Seems like you know where by giving half answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members