Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if BE does the right thing and pleads guilty (I just don't know how he will be able to explain his DNA on the victims) is he obligated to give them details about how he did it?

Good point. I'd say probably not. If there was enough evidence to arrest him and he chooses not to contest he just gets sentenced. That could be the worst case scenario for everyone. I'd still say after the conviction the police evidence against him would become available but I'm sure there's stuff that they don't know.

Even more confusing is if it was a genuine licence it would have shown she was underage. Either it was doctored in the way we all used to do it in the day when they were a laminated piece of cardboard or she wasn't using it to get into the pub or club.

Wonder if she kept in her cleavage (being serious) and it got flung out during the blitz attack. I'm sure girls used to do that before mobiles etc. Wouldn't explain how it got his DNA on it though (IF it did).

He's been charged. I can't see him getting bail which means that he will be held until trial. That said he doesn't have to say a thing or answer any questions other than to plead guilty or not guilty.
It said in the Post article today linked on an earlier post, he didn't apply for bail. So guess that's almost admitting it or he didn't think any one would post bail for him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just a general question:

In early news reports it was reported that BE had been taken in to custody and that they only had a limited amount of hours they could hold him for questioning without charge:

"According to the Criminal Investigations Act 2006, police can only hold a suspect for six hours before referring up to a senior officer, who can grant another six hours.
They must seek written permission from a magistrate to extend custody beyond 12 hours."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-23/claremont-serial-killing-arrest-man-still-in-custody/8144058

Now he has been charged, does anyone know if there are any limitations on how often and for how long he can be further questioned ?

I guess I am hoping they are able to be relentless in their pursuits to get him to talk.

He's been charged. I can't see him getting bail which means that he will be held until trial. That said he doesn't have to say a thing or answer any questions other than to plead guilty or not guilty.

Wonder if she kept in her cleavage (being serious) and it got flung out during the blitz attack. I'm sure girls used to do that before mobiles etc. Wouldn't explain how it got his DNA on it though (IF it did).

Nobody knows if DNA was on it and we never will. The article was saying it was potentially a lost opportunity. As for how it ended up in the park I'd guess it definitely came out in the struggle.

BRE may suprise us, back in the mid 2000's when Dennis radar was identified and arrested as the CSK I didn't think he would talk, the guy sung like a canary recounting everything as a matter of fact.

I tend to lean towards him spilling the beans but withholding the location of SS as his own perceived power over the police, which is quite often the case with serial killers.

How in the heck did the person who posted the recent newspaper article get his hands on a copy of the names on the old property title?
That is not publicly available is it, even on landgate premium property search?
The journo may have decades of old White Pages laying around. BE is/was in the online version, no reason to think this changed. That would give the addy, then just search the COT. Titles were paper based up until around the late 1990's - we paid our mtg out and I had it. So electronic copies of CT's often have history there too, for older properties..it's added manually.

Does anyone know if BE does the right thing and pleads guilty (I just don't know how he will be able to explain his DNA on the victims) is he obligated to give them details about how he did it?

He cannot be compelled to provide any details about anything whether he pleads guilty or not guilty. The onus lies with the Crown to establish their case. He can quite legitimately say nothing

It said in the Post article today linked on an earlier post, he didn't apply for bail. So guess that's almost admitting it or he didn't think any one would post bail for him.

There was no point applying for bail. It wouldnt be granted with 2 murder charges preferred

Yeah I thought that was a slam dunk very early on. Gosnells SHS also.

Just a general question:

In early news reports it was reported that BE had been taken in to custody and that they only had a limited amount of hours they could hold him for questioning without charge:

"According to the Criminal Investigations Act 2006, police can only hold a suspect for six hours before referring up to a senior officer, who can grant another six hours.
They must seek written permission from a magistrate to extend custody beyond 12 hours."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-23/claremont-serial-killing-arrest-man-still-in-custody/8144058

Now he has been charged, does anyone know if there are any limitations on how often and for how long he can be further questioned ?

I guess I am hoping they are able to be relentless in their pursuits to get him to talk.

He can simply refuse to answer any questions or be further interviewed. It is now the job of the Crown to prove their case

I still can't get my head around this.... What did the police actually do with this guy? Who the hell has a plastic lined boot, balaclava etc in their car?

I'd not be surprised if his MO on at least one occasion were to impersonate a plainclothes copper.
This is also documented in the devils garden, the way its written it sounds like the cop/s who reported it were deeply concerned, but management ignored it.

Anyone with a murder or rape kit on them should be DNA swabbed at the very least if they refuse to get it covertly.

Or he concluded it was most unlikely he would be granted bail, having regard to the severity of the charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can simply refuse to answer any questions or be further interviewed. It is now the job of the Crown to prove their case
I'll put money on the fact he won't say a thing, they will try to dispute DNA and evidence.

This is also documented in the devils garden, the way its written it sounds like the cop/s who reported it were deeply concerned, but management ignored it.

Anyone with a murder or rape kit on them should be DNA swabbed at the very least if they refuse to get it covertly.

I couldn't agree more! It is a federal crime in Australia for me to be out at night wearing all black with my face concealed with black shoe polish, but throw me in a car with a mobile kill kit and I'm free to go on my way, you can murder but don't be burglering the crown says, utterly ridiculous!!

I was in the year below him at Gosnells but my brother was in his year. My brother doesn't remember him but some of his mates do. Apparently he had the nickname 'Boggsy'. Not sure why. He wasn't part of the cricket or football teams in the area so that's probably why my brother didn't have a lot to do with him.

I was in the year below him at Gosnells but my brother was in his year. My brother doesn't remember him but some of his mates do. Apparently he had the nickname 'Boggsy'. Not sure why. He wasn't part of the cricket or football teams in the area so that's probably why my brother didn't have a lot to do with him.

Does anyone remember if he had a best mate at school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it was a long time ago and the people they remember and kept in touch with were the ones who were sporty and they saw a lot of out of school. He was pretty quiet apparently.

The family home was at one point at 142 Gay Street which, I gather, is a lot that was part of the original unsubdivided property. It seems to now be at 9 Kingsford Way, Huntingdale.
Are you sure this is the Same family? This is the one I found yesterday with 21 Mcliesh Place Thornlie and Pumphreys Bridge address. I found it through trying to locate surname person from ACR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214