Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How the Defence act will be based on evidence and whether his Defence believe him to be guilty or not ... The Rayney case I think the forensic evidence was not worth using in the first place and provided reason to create doubt
There was nothing in MSM to indicate that the Forensics were doubtful before the Trial. I can only assume the defence were lucky in cross examination, or they had a former forensic expert to guide them?

I think he will plead not guilty and then they will do a bargain with him, tell him to plead guilty to such and such charges and they will drop the other charges, that's how they got my Aunty's killer to plead guilty, he pleaded insanity at first, then not guilty, then guilty, they said they would drop the rape charge if he pleaded guilty to the murder charge.

I think he will plead not guilty and then they will do a bargain with him, tell him to plead guilty to such and such charges and they will drop the other charges, that's how they got my Aunty's killer to plead guilty, he pleaded insanity at first, then not guilty, then guilty, they said they would drop the rape charge if he pleaded guilty to the murder charge.
That's what I was thinking that they would drop a couple of charges to get him to plead guilty. Only thing I can think of as well is if he pleads guilty will they then charge him with SS murder and use circumstancial evidence like same area, similar MO, similar looking victim etc...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...K-1996-97-Perth-WA-13&p=13245904#post13245904

"Some more BRE web sites?
http://userexp.net/ip/117.55.227.94
WhatWouldKarlDo.com really?
Is this an obvious reference to the WA Police Commissioner, Karl O'Callaghan?

BRE lived near Karl, and Karl 's son might've gone to BLAC when he was little, and maybe therefore BRE had made Karl's acquaintance, but why ask what would Karl do? Anyway, BRE now knows, I suppose."

Seriously? That's a monumental leap- to go from a Eastern states Female fashion Blog/site to the Commissioner of W.A. Police.

Dr Karl lives approximately 13 kilometres from BRE & his eldest ( troubled) son is 37 yrs old. If he stopped athletics at 17 yrs, that's 20 yrs ago!!!

Dropping the rape charges will make no difference to his sentence in the BRE case ... he will never see the outside world again if convicted of the murders so the other charges have no negotiation value , It is also likely the rape charges have More chance of conviction .... they will not offer to drop anything

Dropping the rape charges will make no difference to his sentence in the BRE case ... he will never see the outside world again if convicted of the murders so the other charges have no negotiation value , It is also likely the rape charges have More chance of conviction .... they will not offer to drop anything

Dropping the rape charge didn't make any difference to Paul's case either that's why they said they would drop them, he is still got 26 years before eligible for parole, and i doubt he will ever get parole. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

If dropping a couple of charges means that family members of the victims don't have to stand up in court and give evidence that's what they will do, that's why they did it to Paul because we did not want to stand and give evidence and live it all again.

Dropping the rape charge didn't make any difference to Paul's case either that's why they said they would drop them, he is still got 28 years before eligible for parole, and i doubt he will ever get parole. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.
It may also not be about reducing sentence it may be about how the suspect wants to go into jail as just a killer or a rapist and a killer. The prosecution will go after getting the easiest and swiftest result considering how long this case has gone on for.

Hi Pete
I can't get these links to work in Wayback Machine???????
Any help please
I haven't looked at them all. So they might all be archived. In the case of the one using his daughters's name only the earliest archive version exists. I just plug the website in and go browse history. For anything I want captured I go to save url in archive. The wayback machine will only start archiving a website if someone has done that once or if it's hyperlinked to a site that's already being crawled by the wayback spider.

It may also not be about reducing sentence it may be about how the suspect wants to go into jail as just a killer or a rapist and a killer. The prosecution will go after getting the easiest and swiftest result considering how long this case has gone on for.

There are rape charges that are not related to the murder victims ..... Why they should not be dropped is if for some reason they do not get a murder conviction they can still get a conviction for rape ... if BRE is convinced that he is going down for the murders he may well confess to other charges ... if he is convicted he will not jailed with the general population , he will be with the pedos etc. in protective custody ... it will make no difference to them why he is there

There are rape charges that are not related to the murder victims ..... Why they should not be dropped is if for some reason they do not get a murder conviction they can still get a conviction for rape ... if BRE is convinced that he is going down for the murders he may well confess to other charges ... if he is convicted he will not jailed with the general population , he will be with the pedos etc. in protective custody ... it will make no difference to them why he is there

i would say he would be in protection regardless, he has a high profile so its unsafe for him to be in general population.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...K-1996-97-Perth-WA-13&p=13245904#post13245904

"Some more BRE web sites?
http://userexp.net/ip/117.55.227.94
WhatWouldKarlDo.com really?
Is this an obvious reference to the WA Police Commissioner, Karl O'Callaghan?

BRE lived near Karl, and Karl 's son might've gone to BLAC when he was little, and maybe therefore BRE had made Karl's acquaintance, but why ask what would Karl do? Anyway, BRE now knows, I suppose."

Seriously? That's a monumental leap- to go from a Eastern states Female fashion Blog/site to the Commissioner of W.A. Police.

Dr Karl lives approximately 13 kilometres from BRE & his eldest ( troubled) son is 37 yrs old. If he stopped athletics at 17 yrs, that's 20 yrs ago!!!
I am talking about ~10 to 20 years ago.
That's how old these websites are when they were connected to that IP address. You can't compare whoever has since obtained the domain names after they expired. Not the first time someone from that area spruiked the Commissioner's name in vain.
Brendan Lindsay. Must be an in-house joke or something to those around there.

So do you think the upcoming court case on 29th is for how he will plead? Then do we have to wait another period of time till the trial starts. I would have thought they would be pushing for a conviction before the year is out.

There can be three adjournments before pleading then if it's a not guilty plea various status hearings, readiness hearings and directions hearings so don't expect anything this year unless it's a guilty plea.

Sooooo much waiting time......
Well I guess it's been 20 years already.... what's a couple more ??

I would think they would be pushing hard to wrap this up ASAP then concentrate on linking it to SS

I thought this was interesting

Det Sgt Moore was also involved in recreating the burial of Ms Rayney at Kings Park.He said he dug the hole in 17 minutes, then placed the dummy as the body had been found, removed the mannequin and filled the hole in 15 minutes.
The entire process, including camouflaging the site, took 38 minutes.
In the two-and-a-half hours that officers were there, 10 vehicles drove by but none slowed or stopped.
"This indicated to me that the task could be completed with relative ease without coming to the attention of other vehicles or persons in Kings Park," he said.

I would think they would be pushing hard to wrap this up ASAP then concentrate on linking it to SS

The worst thing they can do is to push to wrap this up , that is how mistakes are made ... The SS case should be being treated as a separate crime unless they have evidence to say otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper