Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14th and 15th March
Anniversary of Ciara going missing and .....

....Rest in Peace Ciara

Spooky quiet here.......

Time for some new news on the CSK case please universe.....

OK Spooks - my theory (I've just spent the day at the Lloyd Rayney Defamation Trial) today - loads of time to think. After BRE 2nd marriage breakup - BRE returns to drink at the Claremont Hotel (for chit/chat as I'm positive he's a loner). I'm unsure if he can handle his booze - and he makes a few weird comments and a patron/staff call the Police about this "odd" male; and upon checking the CCTV - they, ask the Hotel - do you happen to have the glass BRE was drinking from - and BINGO (DNA) ?

Yes one would hope that once DNA confirmed for 3 Claremont (JR, CG , and KK) plus HD victims, then matches were sought against other unsolved serious crimes involving sexual assaults, rape, and murder.

Previous reviews of CSK case stated no links to other cold cases - but was this claim made before or after the advancements in DNA science that were responsible for charges being laid here???

After

Super random thought. I was just in a bus and saw a marked Telstra car. If the signage was previously magnetic and removed you could be mistaken that this was an undercover police car. There is a radio in it and also antennas.

I've attached a photo sorry it's crap the bus has some wrap around it.

b9165f1f696f2df87ff52c0ef4392fd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super random thought. I was just in a bus and saw a marked Telstra car. If the signage was previously magnetic and removed you could be mistaken that this was an undercover police car. There is a radio in it and also antennas.

I've attached a photo sorry it's crap the bus has some wrap around it.

b9165f1f696f2df87ff52c0ef4392fd5.jpg

I'm looking for evidence to support my memory, however my recollection is that the Telstra station wagons in the 90s used to have a steel mesh between the back seat and the boot.

The boots were typically full of gear and I assume the mesh was there to allow for stacking so stuff against it and preventing gear from flying forward in the event of a hard brake. If this was somewhat emptied out it could be a "safe" way to transport subdued but not yet deceased victims rather than have them in a passenger seat.

Just a thought

I think they still do have that mesh

I'm looking for evidence to support my memory, however my recollection is that the Telstra station wagons in the 90s used to have a steel mesh between the back seat and the boot.

The boots were typically full of gear and I assume the mesh was there to allow for stacking so stuff against it and preventing gear from flying forward in the event of a hard brake. If this was somewhat emptied out it could be a "safe" way to transport subdued but not yet deceased victims rather than have them in a passenger seat.

Just a thought

Just a thought

Milford had the contract to make and fit cargo barriers to Telecom HiAce vans and then Telstra Commodore VX to VS series commodore station wagons for a good 20 years odd

Just a thought

I had wondered about whether there were segregated cabins in those cars too, CaptainTurbid. The method worked at Karrakatta, if the same person was responsible. Thanks for the info.

Milford had the contract to make and fit cargo barriers to Telecom HiAce vans and then Telstra Commodore VX to VS series commodore station wagons for a good 20 years odd

One of the things that made me wonder was if the back seats may fold back perhaps enabling someone to hide a body if pulled over and perhaps the more fibres were found on JRs body than from just sitting in the chair. Given there was probably a cargo barrier it is probably unlikely that the seats would be folded back. I know it's is common now for seats to fully fold back but I don't know whether it was at the time.

From what I can see if you search for ex-Telstra vehicles you may get Holdens of various eras, a few Nissan Patrols and Toyota Taragos as well. The definition of a panelvan can mean something like a Tarago or a station wagon. The VS Commodore was released after the KK attack.

From what I can see if you search for ex-Telstra vehicles you may get Holdens of various eras, a few Nissan Patrols and Toyota Taragos as well. The definition of a panelvan can mean something like a Tarago or a station wagon. The VS Commodore was released after the KK attack.
Toyota HiAce vans and Holden station wagons were what Telstra had in 96
Ford station wagons and other vehicles came later

Toyota HiAce vans and Holden station wagons were what Telstra had in 96
Ford station wagons and other vehicles came later

Yes sorry you are right about the HiAce. I think Toyota vans are Taragos. The Hiace has the side door as well as the back door which I think lifts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper