Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, is it ok i post a story here about an odd incident that happened to me in late 2002/early 2003. i am not trying to imply that it has anything to do with this case and probably doesn't but i have seen posts on here about 10.6kg pink salmon and other fishing tales so maybe it's ok i post??
_______________ _______________

it was most likely early 2003 and i had been out at what was then the taipan room in perth for drinks with friends. i didn't go out very often, have been working in hospitality for 20 years. i worked at the hyatt hotel and my car was parked up around that area. i was walking from northbridge towards the hyatt and i was going to visit a brothel on edwards st along the way. it was about 2-3am in the morning. i was walking along and a car pulled up and just stopped on the road. i just went over and opened the car door and got in. i didn't talk to the driver or look at the driver. i said something along the lines of 'just up the road a bit'. when we eventually stopped i remember the driving saying something along the lines of 'oh you want the girls'. i got out and went on my way. it might have been my mind playing tricks on me at the time, but i had thoughts of if i look at the driver the car might speed up and likewise once i got out of the car i felt as if i had stopped to try and look at the number plate the brake lights might have come on. i rarely went out much and for all i know this kind of thing happens all the time. i am posting here just because i have been interested in the claremont case and i wonder who might have been driving the car.

hi nick, thanks for sharing your tale.
from your account, am i right to deduce, you have long term experience in hospitality, are not a tea-totaller, had intention of attending a brothel on at least one occasion and - that despite having your own vehicle - you chose to accept a lift in the unknown vehicle of a completely random stranger with then concern enough to not want to lay eyes on the (english speaking) driver's face, further not wishing to seek to identify the vehicle's registration (upon having alighted) lest it should again suddenly halt ?
if all you have stated is fact, and you have recalled detail correctly, what i find most fishy is WHY you were even prepared to defy the odds of misadventure by boarding the vehicle in the first instance???

i, for one, am dumbfounded, but truly empathise with your frustration ...in that since your having shared your tale ...we shall all now also share in being compelled to remain forever perplexed by whomever that mysterious driver may have been[emoji848]

[emoji887]

hi, is it ok i post a story here about an odd incident that happened to me in late 2002/early 2003. i am not trying to imply that it has anything to do with this case and probably doesn't but i have seen posts on here about 10.6kg pink salmon and other fishing tales so maybe it's ok i post??

it was most likely early 2003 and i had been out at what was then the taipan room in perth for drinks with friends. i didn't go out very often, have been working in hospitality for 20 years. i worked at the hyatt hotel and my car was parked up around that area. i was walking from northbridge towards the hyatt and i was going to visit a brothel on edwards st along the way. it was about 2-3am in the morning. i was walking along and a car pulled up and just stopped on the road. i just went over and opened the car door and got in. i didn't talk to the driver or look at the driver. i said something along the lines of 'just up the road a bit'. when we eventually stopped i remember the driving saying something along the lines of 'oh you want the girls'. i got out and went on my way. it might have been my mind playing tricks on me at the time, but i had thoughts of if i look at the driver the car might speed up and likewise once i got out of the car i felt as if i had stopped to try and look at the number plate the brake lights might have come on. i rarely went out much and for all i know this kind of thing happens all the time. i am posting here just because i have been interested in the claremont case and i wonder who might have been driving the car.

Maybe a taxi driver was driving the car?

I'm going to be blunt in saying that the oddest thing i find about this incident of yours, was your behaviour in assuming that the car that pulled up was actually offering you a lift when it pulled up.

Were you much under the influence at 2-3am that morning?

What a coincidence that the brothel you mention was on a street with the same surname as the accused CSK.

Maybe a taxi driver was driving the car?

I'm going to be blunt in saying that the oddest thing i find about this incident of yours, was your behaviour in assuming that the car that pulled up was actually offering you a lift when it pulled up.

Were you much under the influence at 2-3am that morning?

What a coincidence that the brothel you mention was on a street with the same surname as the accused CSK.

Yep. The only time I've heard of people hopping into random cars that pull up, not looking at the driver and telling them where they want to go is in John le Carre novels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. The only time I've heard of people hopping into random cars that pull up, not looking at the driver and telling them where they want to go is in John le Carre novels.

Or if one is a lady/boy of the night.

I would like to learn about and retrospectively apply the Gematria system to see if the alleged perp matches the victims. Has anyone had any experience with utilising this system in the past to identify not only the perp but victims alike? This area of analysis I find fascinating. I don't know why – maybe because of my Jewish heritage. TIA

I'm a month behind here, but just in case nobody else has pointed you in this direction, there was a former user here a couple of years back who was into these matrices:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?222868-Claremont-Serial-Killer-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia&p=11819119#post11819119

I remember having difficulty following, but this particular poster was pretty passionate about his findings but they made me go cross-eyed at the time.

Edwards did not enter pleas to the charges against him.
State prosecutor Carmel Barbagallo said there had been discussions with Edwards' lawyer and an adjournment was requested so that documents could be provided to the defence.
Ms Barbagallo also said the defence needed to take further instructions from their client.
He was remanded in custody until his next court appearance on March 29

It confuses me that he has entered no pleas. If you were innocent you would plead not guilty immediately would you not? Entering no plea suggests guilt to me, are they waiting to see what evidence they have.
All just moo, I'm not an expert on how the law works, but entering no plea kind of says a lot to me.

I'm a month behind here, but just in case nobody else has pointed you in this direction, there was a former user here a couple of years back who was into these matrices:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?222868-Claremont-Serial-Killer-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia&p=11819119#post11819119

I remember having difficulty following, but this particular poster was pretty passionate about his findings but they made me go cross-eyed at the time.

Well, I can't follow that. It looks like a Hebrew WordHunt.

That poster appears to have been pretty passionate about lingering over details of sexual assaults. Yuck.

To me if you were guilty and you thought the evidence may not be able to convict you would wait for the two month time to allow for your defence to determine if there could be a reasonable doubt. Even if you were innocent you may want to wait as it gives 2 extra months to be able to defend the evidence. This may be on advice from the lawyer who may or may not know whether BRE has committed all or some of the offences or not. Evidence may be enough to convict him on some of the offences but not others. I guess in 18 days we will have some idea.

Not meant to be cryptic, but there may be reasons.

hi nick, thanks for sharing your tale.
from your account, am i right to deduce, you have long term experience in hospitality, are not a tea-totaller, had intention of attending a brothel on at least one occasion and - that despite having your own vehicle - you chose to accept a lift in the unknown vehicle of a completely random stranger with then concern enough to not want to lay eyes on the (english speaking) driver's face, further not wishing to seek to identify the vehicle's registration (upon having alighted) lest it should again suddenly halt ?
if all you have stated is fact, and you have recalled detail correctly, what i find most fishy is WHY you were even prepared to defy the odds of misadventure by boarding the vehicle in the first instance???

i, for one, am dumbfounded, but truly empathise with your frustration ...in that since your having shared your tale ...we shall all now also share in being compelled to remain forever perplexed by whomever that mysterious driver may have been[emoji848]

[emoji887]

nailed it.

No one here batting an eyelid over going to a brothel? 

We are all here giving different perspectives from our own personal experiences. It may give someone else an incite into new ideas for this forum.

We are all here giving different perspectives from our own personal experiences. It may give someone else an incite into new ideas for this forum.
(?incite or insight ?)[emoji848]

so, not being a local, brief me.
what might have i expected in 2003 should i have happened along to the taipan room?
perhaps nick could answer the question? although i'd be content with a straightforward response from anybody
[emoji887]

(?incite or insight ?)[emoji848]

so, not being a local, brief me.
what might have i expected in 2003 should i have happened along to the taipan room?
perhaps nick could answer the question? although i'd be content with a straightforward response from anybody
[emoji887]

Taipan room was a club instead of the usual doof doof music they played hard rock/metal . Was an interesting place :)

To me if you were guilty and you thought the evidence may not be able to convict you would wait for the two month time to allow for your defence to determine if there could be a reasonable doubt. Even if you were innocent you may want to wait as it gives 2 extra months to be able to defend the evidence. This may be on advice from the lawyer who may or may not know whether BRE has committed all or some of the offences or not. Evidence may be enough to convict him on some of the offences but not others. I guess in 18 days we will have some idea.

Not meant to be cryptic, but there may be reasons.

It’s a fair bet that the prosecution have a lot of evidence yet to collect and put together to disclose - I don’t think much is going to happen this year at all.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DRT
worst that might happen is it could get deleted. I think its ok

thanksDRT

This mystery demands its own thread.

from about march/april of 2002 - sept 2003 i had bouts of depression and on the night in question i was drunk but not on any other substances. so i probably wasn't thinking straight at the time. i wasn't thumbing a lift. i was just walking on the curb and when the car stopped i just went over, opened the passenger door, sat down and the car drove off. not speeding, just regular pace. i guess i was scared which is why i didn't look at the driver. maybe it was the feeling of doing something risky which gave me an adrenaline rush of some type. and despite feeling like the car would speed up if i looked at the driver or stopped if i tried to look at the number plate was a natural instinct of being aware of the unknown situation i had put myself into. thanks for commenting brevette

from about march/april of 2002 - sept 2003 i had bouts of depression and on the night in question i was drunk but not on any other substances. so i probably wasn't thinking straight at the time. i wasn't thumbing a lift. i was just walking on the curb and when the car stopped i just went over, opened the passenger door, sat down and the car drove off. not speeding, just regular pace. i guess i was scared which is why i didn't look at the driver. maybe it was the feeling of doing something risky which gave me an adrenaline rush of some type. and despite feeling like the car would speed up if i looked at the driver or stopped if i tried to look at the number plate was a natural instinct of being aware of the unknown situation i had put myself into. thanks for commenting brevette

And wtf has this got to do with the CSK.

the car wasn't a taxi. i don't know why the car stopped. i don't know why i felt the urge to get in. i was just drunk, no other substances. and when i wanted to get out the driver let me out. i can remember other details but not sure of the relevance or even if the story itself is relevant in this thread. but as long as people are talking about fishing in here then i guess i can mention this. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper