Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good point. Can anyone verify that these 2 law firms were ever in the same building on st George's terrace? I have been to both offices recently and also back in late 90's but can't remember them ever being in the same building. If so there was always plenty of opportunity to chat in
lifts etc beyond having a precessional relationship.

Spend a couple of hours in the Battye Library going through their stack of old yellow and white pages it's interesting what you can come across and who you can come across both in the phone books and sitting there looking at the phone books.

hmm, so if we allege that he knew them, this sheds a rather dark light on wapol, i.e you would have assumed they would have tried *all* known contacts especially where a venn diagram meets......

Really , a dark light is shed on Wapol because someone alleges something

Maybe a customer of the screen printing supply business dumped their rubbish in a commercial bin, and opportunity was that in that bin was this very washing line?

Or someone used that disused building at number 60 to do some screen printing before it fell out of use. Maybe some amateur art class. Maybe CSK had something to do with that and kept the keys?
He was probably just out stealing clothing again and took the washing line with him

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

User29 - I'm unsure if "not random" attacks equals BRE "knew" his victims - Perhaps BRE "chose" the victims in Claremont from watching/following the single women e.g. lying in wait - being a predator, ready to pounce on the girl desperate to get home. Perhaps the first Huntingdale attack was known to him - perhaps from Primary School. Perhaps BRE was "obsessed" with her (?) and this led to the first known attack as she conveniently lived nearby..........JMO

Yes,... and there is another possiblity re "knowing" the victims that seems to be constantly overlooked.
I think it is a given that the CSK whoever he may be, managed to blend in perfectly with the late night Pub/ Nightclub scene in Claremont.
He " belonged" there,
If the CSK was either claiming as a ruse to be, or, was actually working part time, at, or around the streets of venues in the area , it would give him..
A an excuse from his wife or any LE to be out prowling late at night ,
B" know" a lot of regular Pub patrons and staff on a nod of the head regular, friendly basis
C give the appearance of being an absolutely "secure" , sober, non threatening lift home.
It was almost a point of honour for employees of Government Departments right across the board back in the late eighties and early nineties to have a weekend or weeknight part time job..... All just my opinion and theory...

Yes,... and there is another possiblity re "knowing" the victims that seems to be constantly overlooked.
I think it is a given that the CSK whoever he may be, managed to blend in perfectly with the late night Pub/ Nightclub scene in Claremont.
He " belonged" there,
If the CSK was either claiming as a ruse to be, or, was actually working part time, at, or around the streets of venues in the area , it would give him..
A an excuse from his wife or any LE to be out prowling late at night ,
B" know" a lot of regular Pub patrons and staff on a nod of the head regular, friendly basis
C give the appearance of being an absolutely "secure" , sober, non threatening lift home.
It was almost a point of honour for employees of Government Departments right across the board back in the late eighties and early nineties to have a weekend or weeknight part time job..... All just my opinion and theory...
I don't know about Federal Govt trading corporations, but in all State Government ones you'd have to fill in a secondary employment application and have it signed off otherwise you'd be in breach of State Government regulations.
If BRE was a sticker for doing things right, I'd imagine then that there's a paper trail at Telstra of secondary employment approvals if they had the same regulations in the Federal Government.

I don't know about Federal Govt trading corporations, but in all State Government ones you'd have to fill in a secondary employment application and have it signed off otherwise you'd be in breach of State Government regulations.
If BRE was a sticker for doing things right, I'd imagine then that there's a paper trail at Telstra of secondary employment approvals if they had the same regulations in the Federal Government.
Yes you are exactly right. The guys preferred cash in hand jobs for this reason and also often worked under bodgy names, or the names of family members or associates to get around it-particulary if taking a full time job on in something like the well paid mining industry whilst on their lengthy long service leave and annual leave accruals. They could actually be dismissed from the Government department if the employer found out they were doing that-the mass casualisation of the workforce had not yet come to the extent it has today and moonlighting a second full time job was a big no no.

This is an interesting article - in the Post Newspaper Nov 14, 2015.

attachment.php
Hospitality and the Mining industry if they could get in were the preferred part time employment options........

Now they have their man (sorry..accused)I hope they can link him to knowing SS on some level.
I believe police have already linked him to knowing JR and/or CG during their talks with his ex wives and whoever else.
I've always believed they died as they could identify him whereas other victims could not .

Its interesting to me the media is now saying the disposal sites are the murder sites. Was sure police kept saying they were killed elsewhere?

Now they have their man (sorry..accused)I hope they can link him to knowing SS on some level.
I believe police have already linked him to knowing JR and/or CG during their talks with his ex wives and whoever else.
I've always believed they died as they could identify him whereas other victims could not .

Its interesting to me the media is now saying the disposal sites are the murder sites. Was sure police kept saying they were killed elsewhere?

Do you have a link please Mandy?
That's really strange re sites

Here Spooks

Hmmmmm yes that's strange
Pipidinny Road site has lots of prickly bushes - CSK woulda got scratched legs and arms struggling with a body through bush at night doing horrible acts of violence

Hmmmmm yes that's strange
Pipidinny Road site has lots of prickly bushes - CSK woulda got scratched legs and arms struggling with a body through bush at night doing horrible acts of violence
Not to mention the drive there. Seems incredibly risky.
Then again,won't shock me in the slightest if he hung around these clubs quite a bit. Imo he was caught on cctv talking to JR so he is clearly very brazen. Absolutely amazing he wasn't a suspect or caught sooner really.
Guess time will tell if it's true or not. Going to be a long wait.

Regarding the possible "non-randomness" of the victims, it will be interesting to see how and when BRE has come up on the police radar before his arrest.

The Yorkshire Ripper, for instance, was investigated and released several times before his arrest.

I keep thinking about those comments from one of the top cops in the days after the BIG press conference along the lines of 'mistakes have been made' that will come out in the light of day.

For instance, perhaps he was questioned about the Huntingdale incident or named as a suspect but charges were obviously not laid. If he HAD been caught, the Claremont murders may not have taken place, but that is not to say he wouldn't have re-offended in some other manner.

Was he the bloke Col Bayens picked up in Highgate? If so, I imagine BRE would've been sweating from the time that Sunday Night report aired.

Also, were there incidents like the one alleged on FB where he picked up someone and acted like a "monster" that were reported but for some reason did not result in charges?

Perhaps his number plate was reported for acting suspiciously in the area at the time, along with hundreds of others that it has taken years to follow up on. Perhaps it was even in the footage.

Maybe he was absent from work on one of the days after the murders. He may have even been suggested as the person in the MM footage (especially with that limp).

Perhaps the former wife or other family associate has passed on information but it hadn't before the DNA test been considered sufficient to throw resources at or charge him with anything.

I don't mean to be critical of police - it's marvellous they have made an arrest after 20 years in what was really a needle in a haystack situation at a time where there were not things like CCTV that would've made the case easier to solve today.

But I am interested to know what 'mistakes were made' meant, if it means anything other than a heavy focus on the wrong suspects (ie. LW).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mistakes were definitely made. Lives were ruined.
If BRE is the guy Bayens picked up that time I will be pissed.
When BRE was arrested they stated he was a new ,formerly unmentioned person. That could simply mean he was never named as a suspect in media however, not that he hadn't been interviewed or suspected for KK or Claremont murders at some point.
Imo, he had to have been seen in the Claremont area at some point. There were a lot of crimes (and attempted crimes!) that occurred there in the mid 1990s that seemed to all be near Club Bayview.
Could well have been on the police radar at some point and was too risky for him to continue. Would explain why he went quiet...or at least stopped in Claremont.
Even though it took 20 years-at least there has been an arrest. I honestly thought the CSK must be dead or overseas long ago.
I think the fact police want 7 more months tells me there is a lot more evidence to be gathered. Be a lot of tracking where he's been the last 20 years and what he has been up too elsewhere..

Mistakes were definitely made. Lives were ruined.
If BRE is the guy Bayens picked up that time I will be pissed.
When BRE was arrested they stated he was a new ,formerly unmentioned person. That could simply mean he was never named as a suspect in media however, not that he hadn't been interviewed or suspected for KK or Claremont murders at some point.
Imo, he had to have been seen in the Claremont area at some point. There were a lot of crimes (and attempted crimes!) that occurred there in the mid 1990s that seemed to all be near Club Bayview.
Could well have been on the police radar at some point and was too risky for him to continue. Would explain why he went quiet...or at least stopped in Claremont.
Even though it took 20 years-at least there has been an arrest. I honestly thought the CSK must be dead or overseas long ago.
I think the fact police want 7 more months tells me there is a lot more evidence to be gathered. Be a lot of tracking where he's been the last 20 years and what he has been up too elsewhere..

Indeed, and now that he has been named and his face is "public" it will possibly prompt reports about incidents that happened before and after the murders.

For instance, lifts accepted from BRE, things he said or did that were out of the ordinary, unexplained disappearances for days at a time etc - all things that might only seem significant with the benefit of hindsight and knowledge of the arrest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The person on FB does not say that the incident to was reported to the police ... that may be reason it did not result in charges

Apologies to Around the corner , my PC will not allow me to reply with quotes for some reason

I think anyone who could and want to come forward would have by now ...there could be some who would not want to ... there could be nobody to come forward ...also over this period people may have moved interstate or overseas and may not know this is happening .

I realise this has been discussed before, but I can't recall the outcome.
Regarding the accused's limp - is his LEFT foot or LEFT leg the problem side?

Apologies for the repetition.

Also - does anyone have the link to the video showing the accused walking ?
I think it showed him at LA???

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members