Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one on websleuths seems to know if the "Southside rapist" was caught or who it was. Some posters said it was robin dyers but theres enough support to say it was a decade earlier than dyers time . Its appropriate to raise the topic again since reading the latest comments here .

Was it more than one perpetrator this southside rapist?
The media already reported some (now known) mix up of evidence re victoria clarke and the kimono in 1988 .
Could there bre more related attacks to the accused ?
Something to look out for in the library perhaps.

This attachment is from websleuths poster #voodoodoll76 found in link
52df4660f1ad6a792e2adfb260a91d81.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...1997-Perth-Western-Australia-9-*ARREST/page65

No one on websleuths seems to know if the "Southside rapist" was caught or who it was. Some posters said it was robin dyers but theres enough support to say it was a decade earlier than dyers time . Its appropriate to raise the topic again since reading the latest comments here .

Was it more than one perpetrator this southside rapist?
The media already reported some (now known) mix up of evidence re victoria clarke and the kimono in 1988 .
Could there bre more related attacks to the accused ?

Thanks Meticulously,

Perhaps at the time, there were so many reported rapes and attempted rapes that the police assumed there was more than one perpetrator. However, BREs someone who has distinctive characteristics, such as dark hair, wears glasses and is tall (6ft 2in). He may need to wear glasses to see long distance. BRE was wearing glasses in his high school photo (1985).
Something to look out for in the library perhaps.

This attachment is from websleuths poster #voodoodoll76 found in link
52df4660f1ad6a792e2adfb260a91d81.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...1997-Perth-Western-Australia-9-*ARREST/page65

Thanks Meticulously,

Perhaps at the time, there were so many reported rapes and attempted rapes that the police assumed there was more than one perpetrator. However, BREs someone who has distinctive characteristics, such as dark hair, wears glasses and is tall (6ft 2in). He may need to wear glasses to see long distance. BRE was wearing glasses in his high school photo (1985).

Hi first-time poster, and long-time follower of CSK. Earlier today the sleuther 'no name' posted details of the Maddington case as read in historical papers during her State Library visit. Here's a snippet from her post (page 19 #274 posted today 25 April, 17)
Snipped by me:

"One other interesting article written in the daily news 23Jun88, right next to the first article I came across regarding JC "Police fear foul play", was an article about another lady that had left the sheraton on 28May, just got into her car & was dragged out by her hair and beaten for 3 hours by a man wearing gloves who ended up bounding her like a mummy in tape before driving her to Wilson in a small yellow car and dumping her out, throwing plastic over her, saying "Right *****, your dead " before driving off and leaving her.
The next interesting article was about
another women found murdered in her bedroom in Maddington called Vanessa Devlin, 23, whom they were not ruling out could be linked to the death of Victoria Clarke, and that IF it was all the work of "the Southside rapist" his tally was now 18 rapes and 2 murders in 2 years. "

I think using Newtons theory to work out how far a car would travel into the surf is just silly. Imo the police thought that the JC case was linked to the CSK. But someone tried to run her off the road. Her flat got broken into & her purse was found at home. IMo I'd say she had a jilted lover.

The Police have searched all around Millar Rd and east of Midland along a former train line. I'd be pretty sure they have gone all along Pippidinny rd too in case Bre lofted a handbag out as he was driving along. In regards to SS remember the Freeway ended at Thomas Road. So did BRE branch off at Thomas Rd or even Ankatel Rd.

At Bannister Rd, (west) in Canning Vale something belonging to one of the 3 victims was located. About 2011 the police doorknocked at businesses within the street asking if employees had seen anything. The police didn’t give much information but it was thought to be a hand bag.

That part of Bannister Rd is a dead end, with a recycling plant, dog pound, bus station, Water Corp. and Soils ‘aint Soils - beyond most businesses is bush. Part of the Roe Hwy spans alongside, I’m not sure what era that section was built. The goods train track spans nearby, along the opposite side and parallel with Roe Hwy.

I know most of the businesses in Bannister Rd (west) existed in the early 1990s.

The Police have searched all around Millar Rd and east of Midland along a former train line. I'd be pretty sure they have gone all along Pippidinny rd too in case Bre lofted a handbag out as he was driving along. In regards to SS remember the Freeway ended at Thomas Road. So did BRE branch off at Thomas Rd or even Ankatel Rd.

PCS, many thanks. Regarding the former train line. Have you any idea when the train line became unused?

I think using Newtons theory to work out how far a car would travel into the surf is just silly. Imo the police thought that the JC case was linked to the CSK. But someone tried to run her off the road. Her flat got broken into & her purse was found at home. IMo I'd say she had a jilted lover.
Someone who hated her car as much as she? Otherwise, what's the point of pushing it into the ocean?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Yes 13 Feb 1966 as I wikied it too. I think Sleuthers should get out a bit more (if they can) & go over their spots where they think SS is.

Yes 13 Feb 1966 as I wikied it too. I think Sleuthers should get out a bit more (if they can) & go over their spots where they think SS is.

PCS,
That's a good idea. Where to start though. The land toward the south of the formerly owned property in Gay St, interests me. If you Google Bradley St, there's still quite a bit of vacant land there . During the 1990s that land would be semi-remote and not a great distance for someone to travel from Huntingdale - along quiet roads. I've searched TROVE looking for an old quarry, but that area in east Huntingdale or Southern River in the past was mainly farmland, dairy farms or chicken hatcheries. Also, near Gay St, on the Sutherlands oval there's what looks like a drain (in the bush). I think It's a drainage basin and part of the Balfour St drainage system. Google Earth shows it clearly.

PCS,
That's a good idea. Where to start though. The land toward the south of the formerly owned property in Gay St, interests me. If you Google Bradley St, there's still quite a bit of vacant land there . During the 1990s that land would be semi-remote and not a great distance for someone to travel from Huntingdale - along quiet roads. I've searched TROVE looking for an old quarry, but that area in east Huntingdale or Southern River in the past was mainly farmland, dairy farms or chicken hatcheries. Also, near Gay St, on the Sutherlands oval there's what looks like a drain (in the bush). I think It's a drainage basin and part of the Balfour St drainage system. Google Earth shows it clearly.
Wright Lake in the Champion Lakes area has been mentioned in the past by Dr P - I have attached a map to show the proximity to Gay street.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-04-26 13.25.30.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-04-26 13.25.30.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 207
Wright Lake in the Champion Lakes area has been mentioned in the past by Dr P - I have attached a map to show the proximity to Gay street.

attachment.php

Spinnaker, no chance of her being in what was Wright Lake or indeed the adjacent Tonkin Hwy road reserve. Wright Lake was completely excavated approx 2-3m for the creation of Champion Lakes (up to 5m where the new lake extended west of the old Wright Lake). Works in the adjacent Tonkin Hwy road reserve extended from boundary to boundary and someone certainly would have noticed a body.

Happy to search for supporting evidence for my above statement of required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spinnaker, no chance of her being in what was Wright Lake or indeed the adjacent Tonkin Hwy road reserve. Wright Lake was completely excavated approx 2-3m for the creation of Champion Lakes (up to 5m where the new lake extended west of the old Wright Lake). Works in the adjacent Tonkin Hwy road reserve extended from boundary to boundary and someone certainly would have noticed a body.

Happy to search for supporting evidence for my above statement of required.

Thanks Captain T for clarifying, I am not so much thinking of SS, more souvenirs.

attachment.php

That section of Tonkin Hwy hasn't been built that long. What's the possibility of driving directly through the land to Wright Lake?

Thanks Captain T for clarifying, I am not so much thinking of SS, more souvenirs.

No probs, there's some uncleared land on the Gosnells side of Tonkin Hwy/DBNGP corridor so maybe. This land was (still is?) also used for cattle

That section of Tonkin Hwy hasn't been built that long. What's the possibility of driving directly through the land to Wright Lake?

Construction on Tonkin/Champion Lakes started late 2003, so def could have been entered by CSK and other undesirables prior to that. Would have thought you'd need a 4WD though

With regard to travelling from Huntingdale to Wright Lake.... At one stage, Ranford Rd was a dead end. Meaning Ranford Rd wasn't a T-junction at Southern River Rd. There was a sign stating "Don't dump your rubbish here". To get to South St we needed to detour. Once Sanctuary Waters was built so was that part of Ranford Rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member