Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect, InnerChild, checking you have read the other 13 threads? There is so much written on the 'straight-line', the cross shape, then JC's car forming the 4th coordinate.
I realise such a sleuthing forum privileges all possibilities as valid, but some of us will stop reading/replying if more on the 'lines' along with the errant cross-dressing, or strange walk. From memory it is all written around thread 3-5.

WhyWhy are you talking about yourself only when you say "some of US"?

As you note, InnerChild (and anyone else) can rightfully post about the line theory. Anything to keep the thread active is better than nothing IMO. Plus threads 3-5 occurred BEFORE the arrest. And before we had extra information that could add to the line theory. So revisiting discussion on line theory is totally valid.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I was proposing CG and her family had possibly frequented the French restaurant La Petite Cabine formerly owned by CGE's parents.

CG's mother worked as teacher at Iona and the French restaurant was fairly close to the school.

If possibly BRE was chasing CGE and hanging around the restaurant, then possibly if CG and her family were maybe regular patrons, then there could be chance of BRE and CG crossing paths.

This possible scenario would have needed to occur prior to CG travelling overseas for a year. I realise there's many factors in this scenario which are currently "unknowns", but this possible scenario could place both BRE and CG in same place - same time. And if BRE and CG knew each other it would possibly explain another scenario of CG allegedly accepting a lift from BRE on Stirling Highway.

Link for my post above
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7

I think this is very interesting as it's hard to get confirmed facts on the CSK, but here is a cop testifying under oath that the CSKillings were not random. Spooks had sad something about the accused knowing CG from his ex wife. Is that because they went to school together at Iona or something else? She hadn't been in back in the country for long before being abducted and wouldn't have thought many people would have known that.
With SS, the taxi driver SR has always said he thought he might have picked up her abductor the night before n his taxi, when he took SS and a strange man (before dropping off a drunk woman that the man wanted to go with -was know to him?) to the Windsor Hotel. He wrote a letter to The Post on June 4 2016 wanting to set his story straight one last time.
attachment.php

I hadn't realised before reading on this site that the man got out with her at The Windsor Hotel in South Perth and was also seen with her at her apartment block, seemingly staying the night. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as this was from articles in the Drop Box on this site. It makes sense that she would have willingly got into his car the next night when she was abducted. It would also explain if he was watching not wanting to be seen with her and came along in the 3 or so minutes after she had called the taxi why she disappeared in such a short time frame. SR has been much maligned for whatever reason but his description of the man or woman in the cab was not published as far as I''m aware.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1...xq6J7YuW5Cua?dl=0&preview=I+saw+Sarah+too.pdf

The Post 25th Oct 2002

I saw Sarah too: witness backs taxi driver
The Post
Bret
Christian
A Jolimont
man has backed up the story of taxi driver Steven Ross who says he took Sarah Spiers to South Perth on
the morning before she disappeared.
David Boudville (53), of Lansdowne Street, said he had seen Ms Spiers with a man outside a flat in Mill Point Road
early in the morning she disappeared, in January 1996.
Mr Boudville owned an investment unit on the ground floor at 160 Mill Point Road, South Perth.
"I was standing around in the foyer pondering whether it was too early to knock on the door to talk abou
t rent," he
said.
"Sarah Spiers and a man came in, pressed the button for the lift and they both went upstairs.
"I'm certain it was her. I'm pretty good with faces because I do a lot of photography.
"As soon as I saw her photo in the paper I contacted t
he police and said that I'd seen her."
Taxi driver Steven Ross said he contacted police eight years ago to say he had dropped Ms Spiers near the Windsor
Hotel in South Perth early on the day before she disappeared.
In late August this year, his home in E
mbleton, owned by former Claremont mayor Peter Weygers, was raided by
Macro officers (POST August 28).
Mr Weygers' home in Richardson Avenue, Claremont, was raided and searched three weeks later.
Mr Ross said he had contacted police in 1996 because Ms Sp
iers (18) had got into his taxi outside Club Bay View in
Claremont.
He had thought it was the night she disappeared, but later discovered it was the night before.
But he said he still believed the man who rode in his cab with her might know something
about the crime.
Mr Ross said the man appeared to be hanging around outside Club Bay View waiting for a woman to catch a cab
alone.
When Ms Spiers got into the cab, the man got in beside her. It was clear they did not know each other.
Then a young woman
who had been drinking got in the front and asked to go to Dalkeith. The man had originally
said he wanted to go to a nightclub in the city.
Mr Ross said he dropped the woman in Dalkeith then headed for Mounts Bay Road.
Sarah and the man were chatting, a
nd by the time they reached the University of WA the man had decided to go
to South Perth, where Ms Spiers was heading.
When the cab reached the Windsor Hotel, in Mill Point Road, the cab stopped. The man pushed Sarah out of the
cab, paid the fare and got
out with her.

Mr Boudville said the flats were 200m to 300m from the Windsor.
"Sarah seemed pretty relaxed," he said.
"She had her hair up and was dressed in a blouse and dress shorts.
"The man was tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black
hair, with small curls at the back.
"I didn't get a good look at his face.
"As soon as I saw her picture it hit me that it was the same girl.
"I reported it straight away to the police, but nothing happened.
"I wondered why I would see her in South
Perth if she disappeared from Claremont. It was not until much later
that I found out she lived in South Perth.
"I didn't think she looked dressed for a nightclub, but she might have got changed and gone to breakfast when I
saw them coming back.
"I let i
t ride all those years until I read in the POST last week about the taxi driver."

Did the drunk woman Steven Ross says he dropped in Dalkeith ever come forward to verify his story? I don't recall ever reading an appeal by WAPOL for her to come forward, and I imagine a public appeal would have been the only way to identify her?

I also recall reading a few threads back some posts by people with taxi industry knowledge that technology at the time wouldn't have displayed her name on the taxi screen. Can anyone recall or verify? (Sorry if we are going back over things already discussed at length. Just seems pertinent if Steven Ross's letter has popped up)

If SS did have a male friend at her unit the night before, her sister AS “possibly” wasn’t home to have seen him. According to the CSI video SS lived in a unit at South Perth with AS. It was agreed SS catch a taxi home because AS needed the rest due to working part-time jobs and attending uni (refer 6.48min). Ref: https://www.google.com.au

IMO, I think it's a fair chance BRE would have been teased and bullied during school for having the unfortunate address of "Gay Street"!!

This teasing/bullying could have caused BRE to have an inferiority complex that later possibly led BRE to have difficulties with dating women.

(Adding to this inferiority complex was possibly his unusually turned in left foot, which could've been another thing to get teased about. )

So possibly BRE may have chosen women from an upper class area, fully expecting these women to reject his advances, and then provide BRE (in his mind only) a justification to kill these women.

JMO

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7

Spooks,

Thanks. Plus if BRE wore glasses he may not have been considered very cool. That's if he wore glasses!

Spooks,

Thanks. Plus if BRE wore glasses he may not have been considered very cool. That's if he wore glasses!

Have you been able to find a source that confirms the accused ever wore glasses?

Spooks,

Also the accused living in Gay Street with the nickname 'Bogsy' which literally means 'poo-ey', I can imagine school was torture for him. I'm guessing the accused didn't have much 'cred' (credibility) with his male peers, and possibly these factors also turned away the girls.

I wonder what his childhood was like at home. Do we have any MSM sources about his quality of life at home and during childhood?

Have you been able to find a source that confirms the accused ever wore glasses?

Spooks,
No, I haven't seen a site which advised BRE wore glasses when he was younger. I'd like to know if he wore glasses at school.

Did the drunk woman Steven Ross says he dropped in Dalkeith ever come forward to verify his story? I don't recall ever reading an appeal by WAPOL for her to come forward, and I imagine a public appeal would have been the only way to identify her?

I also recall reading a few threads back some posts by people with taxi industry knowledge that technology at the time wouldn't have displayed her name on the taxi screen. Can anyone recall or verify? (Sorry if we are going back over things already discussed at length. Just seems pertinent if Steven Ross's letter has popped up)

The first problem here. If he has called in to cancel her job, the name would not then appear on his screen. He would not get any job details unless he is the cab that won the job. Second problem, highly unlikely that her first name would appear on the job. Telephonists were trained to take down surnames. Third problem if she called from inside a noisy pub or club the surname would more than likely be phonetically spelled Spears not Spiers as too noisy to get correct spelling and most telephonists would not clarify a simple sounding name.

FWIW i don't recall there being a job on the night before , and i do recall Mr Ross changing his story several times from week before, two weeks before and to the night before. So, I am highly skeptical.

The job she called on the night she went missing had her name spelled Spears.

My own thoughts, opinions, recollection and industry knowledge.

Also the accused living in Gay Street with the nickname 'Bogsy' which literally means 'poo-ey', I can imagine school was torture for him. I'm guessing the accused didn't have much 'cred' (credibility) with his male peers, and possibly these factors also turned away the girls.

I wonder what his childhood was like at home. Do we have any MSM sources about his quality of life at home and during childhood?

IIRC, the word gay wasn't really used that often for homosexual at the time he would have been in high school. That is more a recent word highjack. Probably wouldn't have had a slur for that back then. More likely to be called Poofta, *advertiser censored*, or Leso than be called gay back then. Gay was still someone's Auntie, or feeling happy.

IIRC, the word gay wasn't really used that often for homosexual at the time he would have been in high school. That is more a recent word highjack. Probably wouldn't have had a slur for that back then. More likely to be called Poofta, *advertiser censored*, or Leso than be called gay back then. Gay was still someone's Auntie, or feeling happy.

You're probably right.
Even still, Gay Street is not a very manly named street.

We don't know much about BREs childhood at all. Is there anyone watching this forum who can shed some light on the subject - please.

Thanks IC
do u have the co-ordinates of where GR Was found please?

I only have information I have found on here. A former member Parkie seemed to be confident where GR was found.

04-15-2016, 05:56 AM#1281 Parkie
Originally Posted by elastic

Just found this whilst looking into the Gerrard Ross case:

http://www.psychforums.com/antisocia...opic98583.html

It claims Adrien Bayley lived in Perth during the killings, another maniac in the area at the time? Can anyone confirm..

Also Gerrard Ross was strangled with a ligature.. Dumped off the road near a track... Anyone think they may be linked. Rockingham was the area.. Near the dumpsite in Wellard so could he be familiar or live in this area?

Um, Elastic it was Karnup, by the sharp bend on Stakehill Rd, in the forest to the right as you face north by the bend. I saw his cross when I was riding my 600 cc dirtbike there in the late 90`s. It is mostly cleared now. A changed moonscape.

WhyWhy are you talking about yourself only when you say "some of US"?

As you note, InnerChild (and anyone else) can rightfully post about the line theory. Anything to keep the thread active is better than nothing IMO. Plus threads 3-5 occurred BEFORE the arrest. And before we had extra information that could add to the line theory. So revisiting discussion on line theory is totally valid.

I have seen a few other threads where they seemed to be discussing theories involving lines and patterns. However, I'm not looking at a cross shape, or crossing at right angles. It's too unlikely to be a co-incidence IMO.

Just did a google search on BRE and stumbled on a website in the USA discussing the Claremont murders. There are some messed up people out there...

Just my random thoughts and opinions...

JMO [emoji368]

I only have information I have found on here. A former member Parkie seemed to be confident where GR was found.

It claims Adrien Bayley lived in Perth during the killings, another maniac in the area at the time? Can anyone confirm..

Also Gerrard Ross was strangled with a ligature.. Dumped off the road near a track... Anyone think they may be linked. Rockingham was the area.. Near the dumpsite in Wellard so could he be familiar or live in this area?

Um, Elastic it was Karnup, by the sharp bend on Stakehill Rd, in the forest to the right as you face north by the bend. I saw his cross when I was riding my 600 cc dirtbike there in the late 90`s. It is mostly cleared now. A changed moonscape.

Innerchild,

With regard to the Gerard Ross disappearance a vehicle was spotted beforehand, in brief the article reads...

Investigators are seeking to identify the driver of a beige or cream coloured sedan that approached a young boy waiting at a Kent Street bus stop near the Rockingham public library a few weeks before Gerard disappeared.
http://www.watoday.com.au

Just did a google search on BRE and stumbled on a website in the USA discussing the Claremont murders. There are some messed up people out there...

Just my random thoughts and opinions...

JMO [emoji368]

Is that the religious website?
Where at the end of their ramblings they ask where they can claim the $250 000 reward because they think they solved the case???

I have seen a few other threads where they seemed to be discussing theories involving lines and patterns. However, I'm not looking at a cross shape, or crossing at right angles. It's too unlikely to be a co-incidence IMO.

Can you please describe what you are looking at ?

Can anyoneplease do a pin drop on Google maps and then screen shot so we can all see the exact location of where Gerard Ross was found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member