Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Innerchild - respectfully, you cant keep making claims about DNA being found at VC crime scene that matches DNA found on the kimono without backing that up with PROOF. If you have the original 1988 article or any subsequent articles claiming that DNA from an unknown person was found at VC crime scene which is now known to be the same DNA on the Kimono, alleged now to be BRE's, PLEASE post it.
The original 1988 article with the headline Kimono Clue to a Brutal Killing states "this kimono MAY be the clue that helps solve the brutal killing of VC..... It was dropped by a man that walked into a house in Huntingdale.....The kimono is the first good clue that police have been given in recent sex attacks in the area".
It has been well documented that the kimono was then put into storage for years and when retested recently, it was found to match DNA already in their database which matched KK rape & CG murder. They then relooked at the Huntingdale attack which led them to BRE. To my knowledge, NOWHERE has it ever been hinted at that BRE DNA was anywhere near VC crime scene. I am happy to be proved wrong & will wholeheartedly apologise to you, but until you have something stating that, or until new info is released that suggests his involvement in VC crime , you can not keep quoting it as fact.

I have reposted the article which clarifies there was a sexual assault. In all honesty, I think while 45 year olds can look young for their age there are very few or probably none that look in their 20s. While JC and the lady at the Sheraton may be related even with a 23 year difference in their age group it does not appear to be in BRE's profile to attack an older woman.

DRT - this article contradicts alot of the info in the article I posted originally (in this thread) that was an interview with the women. It is clearly "quoted" that she was relieved when she realised that he was NOT going to rape her. She was bound in tape the police suspect was stolen from a couriers office nearby. When he dumped her out of the car he threw plastic sheeting over her.

What about Eftpos transactions, they'd prove someone was at the hotel on the nights in question. The hotel would have needed to retain Eftpos receipts for taxation purposes. Surly the police would have seized them at the time. What about an ATM in the actual hotel?

Now that they have BREs bank account details the bank can produce historical statements which will show what areas he's been at, on specific days.

Also, Telstra possibly supplied some staff with credit cards for fuel purchases or a Star card, which would reveal if he had fueled-up within the vicinity. Even if Telstra hasn't got the statements, the banks should be able to produce them.

There must be something which puts him at the scene. These are only in my opinion.

DRT - this article contradicts alot of the info in the article I posted originally (in this thread) that was an interview with the women. It is clearly "quoted" that she was relieved when she realised that he was NOT going to rape her. She was bound in tape the police suspect was stolen from a couriers office nearby. When he dumped her out of the car he threw plastic sheeting over her.

It seems clear to me that trying to investigate 29 year old "attacks" requires a lot more information than any of us have the resources to do. Some of the articles seem to have similarities "strips of plastic to tie her hands and feet" "plastic sheeting found in a bin". The main difference being the sexual assault.

The article I reposted was purely that I remembered reading one about the Sheraton attack and that was the article that I found on site. There was no intent to contradict stuff you researched and posted. The article you posted seems more accurate as its the perspective of the woman.

With many of these events, such as the Sheraton attack and the body found at Cottesloe and the yellow toyota may have since been solved without the followup news stories and possible court listings it is impossible to follow up without a lot of detailed research in the pre-internet days. None of us remember the Sheraton attack or even possibly connected it to JC at the time, even the newspapers.

I think it is just an interesting distraction since we are not hearing anything regarding the CSK investigations.

---------------------------------
---------------------------------

http://www.news.com.au/national/cla...t/news-story/cdad7c5a6b825958b6d46cb11eb44c75

"the robe was put into storage at WA Police’s evidence receival centre, where it sat unnoticed alongside hundreds of thousands of exhibits until just a few months ago.

As part of a continuing operation to retest old evidence with new technology, officers from the State Crime Operations team did DNA tests on the kimono.

It told police that the serial killer they were hunting may have been the same person who dropped the kimono. While the DNA link did not give them a name for that person, it did provide detectives with fresh investigative opportunities contained within the pages of the 1988 case file.

As a result of re-examining that case, it’s understood the major breakthrough — the details of which are not yet clear — came within weeks." Quote.

Surely this explains it , or does it not ?

"Fresh investigative opportunities" does not indicate anything particular.
So where did WS users get the notion that familial DNA helped catch the alleged CSK BRE???
Was that whole 'familial DNA' conversation here on WS just speculation by sleuthers?
Or was there a MSM link to familial DNA leading WAPOL to the accused???
Can somebody please clear this up for me? Did I miss something important???
TIA
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

"Fresh investigative opportunities" does not indicate anything particular.
So where did WS users get the notion that familial DNA helped catch the alleged CSK BRE???
Was that whole 'familial DNA' conversation here on WS just speculation by sleuthers?
Or was there a MSM link to familial DNA leading WAPOL to the accused???
Can somebody please clear this up for me? Did I miss something important???
TIA
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
Good question spooks .
Websleuths enjoyed the traffic anyhow .

DRT - I didnt feel that you were contradicting what I was saying, I was merely drawing attention to the original article which obviously contradicts the sexual attack in a direct quote from the victim. Also because your choice of words were "this article CLARIFIES there was a sexual assault" which has a different connotation than if you had perhaps said "this article mentions/states etc". The last thing I want to read next about this incident is that it has suddenly morphed into being described as the Sheraton sex attack or similar & I considered that was a possibility.
The other details I relayed about it followed in line with recent comments by several posters, which also differ, as I too feel the first article is weighted closer to the truth & which I suspect not everyone has read.

I share your opinion about everything you said though. Im glad the mods have allowed us to continue discussing so many other cases, some at length, and suspect it is for the exact reason you describe.

Canningvale - they already have something the police consider places the alleged at the scenes - DNA. Its the reason he was arrested and is in gaol awaiting trial. Its quite possible that he wasnt at the club at all but until we know whats in the prosecution brief, which we wont know until a trial (if there is one) we have no idea what defence will be needed in response.

Wonder why be hasn't yet made a plea, it because he knows he is done for and is trying to stretch out remand.,... Or go guilty, and won't tell us anything until his sentences will be reduced.,....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if he is guilty, a reduced sentence is not an option. he will go away for life.

Kambo, thanks for the clarification. It appears in 1988 when the kimono was found in Huntingdale the police were hopeful it was the same perp. as the VC murderer. Also, from memory the kimono was linked to the Huntingdale break-in, KK rape and only one of the Claremont ladies - I think JR. Can anyone else clarify this please? If this is the situation what evidence would they have for CG (ie the way she was left at the crime scene).

DNA was found on CG which matched KK and subsequently the Kimono. There is nothing other than what you said that police probably thought there might be a link between VC murder and the Huntingdale attack. A hunch perhaps but NO DNA evidence linking BRE to VC.

Canningvale - they already have something the police consider places the alleged at the scenes - DNA. Its the reason he was arrested and is in gaol awaiting trial. Its quite possible that he wasnt at the club at all but until we know whats in the prosecution brief, which we wont know until a trial (if there is one) we have no idea what defence will be needed in response.
Any other evidence that places the accused in Claremont on the night of the abductions, or in the dump site areas, or travelling between, is called corroborating evidence. I could ponder that if WAPOL had corroborating evidence in Lloyd's trial, that there wouldn't be a defamation trial going on at the moment.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

What about Eftpos transactions, they'd prove someone was at the hotel on the nights in question. The hotel would have needed to retain Eftpos receipts for taxation purposes. Surly the police would have seized them at the time. What about an ATM in the actual hotel?

Now that they have BREs bank account details the bank can produce historical statements which will show what areas he's been at, on specific days.

Also, Telstra possibly supplied some staff with credit cards for fuel purchases or a Star card, which would reveal if he had fueled-up within the vicinity. Even if Telstra hasn't got the statements, the banks should be able to produce them.

There must be something which puts him at the scene. These are only in my opinion.

I don't think Eftpos was around in the 1980s?? Still mostly a time of cash from memory. Even credit cards weren't used anywhere near as often as they are now

I don't think Eftpos was around in the 1980s?? Still mostly a time of cash from memory. Even credit cards weren't used anywhere near as often as they are now

It was the mid 90's, but agree that it was not in use then. You made sure you had enough cash for the night.

It was the mid 90's, but agree that it was not in use then. You made sure you had enough cash for the night.
Bankcard started in 1974
ATM's rolled out in 1977
EFTPOS started in 1983

The next year my employer at the time, Vicrail changed from cash wages to electronic bank deposits for pays, and I had to use an ATM to get cash. Thankfully all retailers in Melbourne took bankcard, so it wasn't a big issue.

https://www.eftposaustralia.com.au/about/

http://www.apca.com.au/about-payments/history-of-payments

Bankcard started in 1974
ATM's rolled out in 1977
EFTPOS started in 1983

The next year my employer at the time, Vicrail changed from cash wages to electronic bank deposits for pays, and I had to use an ATM to get cash. Thankfully all retailers in Melbourne took bankcard, so it wasn't a big issue.

https://www.eftposaustralia.com.au/about/

http://www.apca.com.au/about-payments/history-of-payments

Petedavo, thanks for that.

I can't remember when we started using ATMs, and Eftpos here in Perth - they just started popping up all over the place. We used to have a little bank book and needed to be at the bank before 3.30pm to get cash. We had to budget our payments and cash requirements by pre-planning.

This is just a bit of trivia for the young-sleuths. A bankcard wasn't so easy to obtain, my husband applied for one (about 1986) and was told he couldn't have one because he didn't need one. He didn't have a lot of payments to make, because we used to save up and pay cash. Gaining credit back then wasn't easy - it's much easier nowadays.

That is precisely my point. We could ponder 1000's of scenarios
Any other evidence that places the accused in Claremont on the night of the abductions, or in the dump site areas, or travelling between, is called corroborating evidence. I could ponder that if WAPOL had corroborating evidence in Lloyd's trial, that there wouldn't be a defamation trial going on at the moment.

Sorry, my mistake, I thought CanningVale was referring to using Eftpos records to determine if BE was at the Parmelia or the Sheraton the night JC went missing and the other lady was attacked.
But yes, of course CSK was mid 90s- you must have thought I was a real dummy thinking CSK was 1980s lol 😂

I would suspect he hasnt entered a plea because he is charged with murder which has a mandatory sentence and there is no incentive for him to plead guily which is mitigating factor in sentencing yet does not apply here. Would you please guilty to wilful murder knowing you face a minimum non parole period of at least 15 years regardless, with no reduction in your sentence for doing so only to realise if you'd taken it to trial the evidence may have learnt toward a
Wonder why be hasn't yet made a plea, it because he knows he is done for and is trying to stretch out remand.,... Or go guilty, and won't tell us anything until his sentences will be reduced.,....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops - wrong button, sorry

Leant toward a lesser sentence of murder carrying a non parole period of 7 (havent checked recent min/max may have changed). Pleading guilty to anything before you have received a brief outlining the exact case against you is sheer madness. Pleading guilty to any charge that has a mandatory sentence prematurely is lunacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper