Australia Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why do they pull a judge out of retirement for this case? He's known to be soft at times and deliver short sentences. Probably he's the cheapest they could find.

Yes the funeral stuff is irrelevant to the case.

they definitely have a witness who could be called to testify that she may have been murdered in Kings Park. Perth's a small town...news travels fast

Tweety pie, please expand on this. Do you have some insider info?

Perth's a strange town..I heard CR's body was cut up into pieces. I wouldn't believe anything you hear.

Please let this case be over soon. If he's not found guilty, law and the legal system is ****

If anyone is in a position to assist the DPP or give them a heads up, now is the time. After the prosecution rests it will be too late

I think there is a bias against LR in these forums already. LR is a suspect. Charged with a crime. Remember anyone could be in that situation irrespective of origin. So has been history of wrongful conviction.
The case is dragging its feet ATM. LR is a high profile gentleman suspect. I can imagine him to be a man of high intelligence. But in his own personal life he is a lost man. I am sure he was suffering depression that led him to gamble and spend lavish. A classic sign of depression. So with CR being dominant developed a dual personality. Leading to be a real life Dr Jeckle and Hyde.
I think he will be off the hook. And the whole case back to sq one.
Well, spending 3 mil plus dollars on this case is expensive. Does anyone have stats on how much trailing a similar case would cost?

Not good news that John Agius might have to be hospitalised, probably from all the stress, however the prosecution hopefully is wrapping up by the end of next week.

Find it a bit silly the defence are going on about CR relationship with another man. No wonder he doesn't want his name published, they're basically trying to put the spotlight on him instead of LR. Read the judge was questioning the relevance of it all.

Gee, I couldn't imagine being LR daughter, leaving the country next week to study, not knowing if your father's heading to jail. They really are a tough bunch. Those defence fees don't seem to be burning a hole in his pocket, if his daughter can study overseas at oxford. I bet his hoping he will getting rich from his defamation case. Anyone know if he was actually earning any sort income during this whole time?

Why is this thread so dead? Has eveyone already made their minds up about this case?

Gee, I couldn't imagine being LR daughter, leaving the country next week to study, not knowing if your father's heading to jail. They really are a tough bunch. Those defence fees don't seem to be burning a hole in his pocket, if his daughter can study overseas at oxford. I bet his hoping he will getting rich from his defamation case. Anyone know if he was actually earning any sort income during this whole time?

Why is this thread so dead? Has eveyone already made their minds up about this case?

Daughter is off to Oxford..??
it's amazing she can concentrate on her studies given the circumstances, those girls must have had excellent counselling. I wish her well & hope she can find it in her heart to reconnect with her Grandfather in Willetton before she heads off! :(

I also wonder why the thread is so slow, is everyone posting elsewhere..?

I plan to go to the court tomorrow, as I am now semi-retired & have some time to call my own (at last)

Looks like the defence are onto Plan B, the classic blaming someone else with DNA on a cigarette butt. It doesn't trick me.

HI everyone - so sorry I have been unable to contribute recently. Have had to deal with three closely related deaths in 3 weeks.

I have been trying to read as much as possible - the mose relevant thing in the man who was close to CR whose name had been suppressed. Does anyone else think that he may be employed at Penrhos? I wonder if he is the man who found out about Corryn's death through his work and received death threats if he were to testify???!!!! If not an employee of the school, he is clearly connected into the parent's (i.e. mother's) group for some reason!

I believe he is the mystery man whose wife found out about his connection as a result of his subpoena.

Why has his name been suppressed?

What do others think about the person of interests cigarette butts - looks like too coincidental for my liking!!

HI everyone - so sorry I have been unable to contribute recently. Have had to deal with three closely related deaths in 3 weeks.

I have been trying to read as much as possible - the mose relevant thing in the man who was close to CR whose name had been suppressed. Does anyone else think that he may be employed at Penrhos? I wonder if he is the man who found out about Corryn's death through his work and received death threats if he were to testify???!!!! If not an employee of the school, he is clearly connected into the parent's (i.e. mother's) group for some reason!

I believe he is the mystery man whose wife found out about his connection as a result of his subpoena.

Why has his name been suppressed?

What do others think about the person of interests cigarette butts - looks like too coincidental for my liking!!

The man whose name has been suppressed is the father of children at the school. I believe that he is a sole parent. He was involved with the mothers' group and became good friends with CR. Earlier reported that he went aay with CR and another female parent with all their children for a weekend, with all parties occupying separate accommodation. It has been inferred by defence that CR was having an affair with this man, but I don't believe this to be true. Name is likely suppressed to protect his children and also himself, if his only 'crime' is to be a friend to CR.

Insofar as the person 'well known to police' is concerned - perhaps there was a contract on CR. That way LR can say that he did not kill CR. However, don't forget that CR was a Supreme Court registrar and may have crossed paths with the person of interest in her employment capacity. Just putting that in there.

However, in following this case, I feel that there is going to be insufficient evidence to secure a conviction. It has been damaging to the prosecution that police procedures have been less than satisfactory at times.

Next week will be interesting when the prosecution should complete its case. LR is supposed to have his bail revoked once the prosection side is completed. That means he will return to custody, which will be hard on the younger daughter who will be left alone. I wonder if this will actually happen?

I looked up this Mr Eades, and if it's the one they're referring to his goes in out and of prison for multiple armed robberies and drug addiction. A lot of robberies were south of the river, so it wouldn't surprise me if a cigarette with his dna was found.

I feel his unfair the defence are pointing the finger at him, since he was born in prison, and doesn't have a history of violence/murder besides his robberies.

Still can't believe that sister going to oxford. Looks like she's trying to run away from something. Although oxford is > than uwa for whatever she's studying.

Am I the only one who thinks his going to be found guilty? The prosecution seemed very happy yesterday, always smiling at CR family has they passed them. The judge also wanting to clarify the charges against him also got my hopes up. Something to do with whatever the prosecution sets you're stuck with, and the judge started talking about his research he did on wilful murder, murder and manslaughter. It was a bit confusing, but if I was LR at that would of sent chills down my spine. Also noticed on the day LR was talking to his defence ALOT more often since earlier in the trial, and even had a notebook. Definitely looks like he was feeling the pressure. The judge just stared at LR and his lawyer, when they were consulting during the middle of questioning a witness. He should be lucky he has the privilege of knowing what his doing.

Condolences MD - have missed you on this site : )
I don't think Mr Eades was named as a 'person of interest' but 'a person well-known to police'. He has a record and DNA is in the system. That's all I read into it.

LR will not be convicted as the prosectuion evidence is weak. The case will wind up in LRs Favour. I think thats going to be the outcome
Also LR will then wind up his career after being compensated and will leave to settle in the UK.
Everyone will be back to their lives

His shipping his money out of the country through his daughter.

Can't believe she's heading to oxford with no parent to help settle her in. I wonder if he was found guilty, would she even bother returning. It's really going to be tough on the younger daughter. I think it's a bit selfish of her, how can you be so sure that your father's not heading to jail and make plans like that?

Migoreng you are probably correct with your prediction of the outcome of this trial but let's not forget that Corryn Rayney will not be going on with her life :cry:

Also Palmy - Respectfully- Do you think it's appropriate to discuss Caitlyn Rayney's motivation for going to Oxford on here? She's still a child and she's lost her Mum. Bad enough that she's been called as a witness tomorrow. Discuss her testimony by all means but not her personal life. Hope you think this is a fair call...by no means trying to offend or stifle free speech.

Hi Everyone - Just dropped by to say I have just read this report in today's West

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/14882464/lloyd-rayney-a-fitness-freak-court-told/

The court room was closed first thing today for about an hour to hear from an unnamed “confidential witness”. Justice Brian Martin said the witness’ testimony would remain confidential, as would several exhibits tendered to the court.

Since when does a court room get closed to hear from an unnamed witness and why would his testimony remain so confidential? This must be the witness who claims he heard about Corryn's disappearance through the course of his work and was threatened if he appeared as a witness. I wonder how crucial this evidence is? Any guesses as to where this person fits into the equation?

Watched the news earlier & could hardly believe what I heard: Judge asking 'unnamed confidential witness' if he & Corryn had engaged in actual intercourse.
Sorry, but is this the same judge who didn't find L.R.'s disinterest in Corryn's funeral necessary or relevant to have to listen to..?
The 'unnamed confidential witness' had already said there'd been some intimacy by way f kissing & had a couple of times, gone a little further. Wasn't that enough for Justice Brian Martin..? If not, why not? It had been established the friendship wasn't merely platonic, isn't that enough!
He annoys me

Migoreng you are probably correct with your prediction of the outcome of this trial but let's not forget that Corryn Rayney will not be going on with her life :cry:

Also Palmy - Respectfully- Do you think it's appropriate to discuss Caitlyn Rayney's motivation for going to Oxford on here? She's still a child and she's lost her Mum. Bad enough that she's been called as a witness tomorrow. Discuss her testimony by all means but not her personal life. Hope you think this is a fair call...by no means trying to offend or stifle free speech.

No I'm sorry in my opinion these girls are very peculiar - & I've met a few.
Their cavalier attitude is disconcerting to say the least.
Not one word of missing their mum - from what I read - just that life has been pretty much the same without her, meals - the same, washing done - the same, lfts here & there - the same... dad has stepped up & filled the breach, so all good...
apparently!
They've either been well coached, or... I just do not know!
I'm not saying they should put on a show of grief, but this is very odd behaviour

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back