GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seabreeze my stomach is churning too. I just can't believe what I'm reading. This really is upsetting me more than anything I've EVER read on Websleuths.

NO! PLEASE, PLEASE NOT CHILDREN!

I have followed this right from the day Daniel went missing and its just devastating. I have two children and can't imagine the constant pain Daniels poor family feel. I just want justice for all victims of these horrific crimes and will never understand how the justice system gives them parole. These criminals should never EVER walk free again.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 29m
Cowan about whether he would need to "disappear": "As long as I can contact me parents at least once a month, that's all I care about."

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 36m
Cowan: I've got nothing on my conscience to worry about with stuff that I've done. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39m
Fitzy to Cowan: This is a business. We don't care what you've done. If you're working in a factory, they don't care what you do on w/ends.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 40m
Fitzy to Cowan: "No, that dude couldn't be a reporter, he can barely read and write man." #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 41m
Cowan about covert officer who sat next to him on plane: "I thought he was a reporter, put on the plane to talk to me". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 42m
Cowan: I was getting jack of it cause I was going over the same **** over and over... You know, take me to court, *advertiser censored**. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 52m
Cowan repeatedly thanked for "being honest" with them and assured the subpoena issue could be sorted out. Don't stress, he's told. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 53m
Fitzy to Cowan: Mate he's sorted **** out for me too ... There's nothing they can't sort out. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55m
Cowan: I was getting hammered at the start of it, living in the area. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 56m
Cowan claimed the subpoena would be invalid because he has changed his name. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 56m
Jeff to Cowan: Probably nothing I haven't heard before ... we can pretty much resolve most things. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 58m
Cowan to Jeff: "I was told it was all sorted ... That's why I haven't mentioned anything about it to you." #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 59m
They tell Jeff that Cowan is about to receive a subpoena for the coroner's court in QLD. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1h
Audio recordings capture meeting with crime gang "state boss" Jeff, Cowan and Fitzy. #morcombe

Cowan tells the covert his new name "Shaddo" was after his dog and Shaddo Hunter "*advertiser censored** flows nicely". #morcombe

Covert officer to Cowan: "I don't give a *advertiser censored** what you've done or *advertiser censored** anything man, as long as you do the right thing by us". #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 33m
Fitzy to Cowan: "You're a *advertiser censored**in' legend man." #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 33m
Fitzy to Cowan: "We're not the sort of dudes that get pissed off.. unless you *advertiser censored**in' lie dude." #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 45m
Cowan to Fitzy: "I know I'm not as straight laced as what I look." #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 46m
Fitzy tells Cowan: "he couldn't be a reporter. He can't *advertiser censored**in' barely read and write". #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 47m
Cowan tells Fitzy he was worried "Joe" he met on plane after inquest was a reporter. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 57m
Cowan:"Any subpoena that comes up will be null and void if it's in Brett Cowan anyway". #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 58m
Jeff assures Cowan: "I'm not about judging people". Cowan frequently told "don't stress". #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 59m
Jury hears recording of meeting between Fitzy, Cowan and state boss Jeff. Jeff hears about Cowan's subpoena to Qld. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1h
Cowan officially changed his name to Shaddo N-unyah Hunter. #morcombe @abcnews

Fitzy: "What's Nunya?" Cowan: "Nunya business". #morcombe @abcnews

Cowan tells Fitzy he changed his first name to Shadoo after his dog. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 15s
Cowan: You know, I'm willing to do virtually f... anything. (On violence) If it's required, it's required at the time... #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 15s
Cowan told covert police he was willing to cut ties with his family, leave his girlfriend, to join the crime gang. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s
Cowan: That's not something I want to be (a liability). I want to be an asset

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Cowan to Fitzy: "I haven't been happy like this before." #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 32s
Cowan tells Fitzy he's willing to cut all ties with his family. "Brett and Shaddo can *advertiser censored**in' die". #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Cowan: I haven't been happy like this before. It's not just the money, it's what I'm getting from yas, the mateship sort of thing. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m
Covert recording: "I'm there, f... oath," Cowan says when asked if he wanted in on the "big job". #morcombe

Cowan says he saw "Craig" (corrupt officer) on the news about a murder. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 3m
Jury hearing another secret recording between Fitzy and Cowan from 8th August 2011. They talk about the movie Red Dog. #morcombe @abcnews

Arnold: Your alibi. This f.. drug dealer of yours? Do we have to pay her some f... dollars? #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 2m
Cowan says on way home on 7th Dec, dropped by drug dealer's place. Went home, "said g'day to my wife", worked in yard. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 3m
Cowan says he went back a week later. Found only a fragment of bone. Rest was gone. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 4m
Cowan returned a week later. Cowan: Went down to where I put him and only found a fragment of bone. The rest of him was gone. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 4m
Cowan describes how he threw Daniel's body over the embankment. stripped off his clothes and covered body with branches. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 5m
Cowan tells Arnold he went home and started mulching in his garden. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 7m
Cowan: None of that has ever been found. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 10m
People crying in the public gallery as the conversation between Cowan and Arnold is played. #morcombe

Cowan: I've stripped him off ... got some branches and covered his body... His clothes I took back with me and threw them in the creek.

Arnold: So you threw him down the embankment. How far was that?#morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 11m
Cowan is drawing Arnold a map of the property where he says he took Daniel. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 12m
Cowan: "I never got to molest him or anything. He panicked and I panicked and I grabbed him around the throat." #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 12m
Cowan picked up Daniel, put him in the back of the car and drove 150m to secluded bush, according to the recording. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 13m
People crying in the public gallery as the conversation between Cowan and Arnold is played. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 13m
Cowan describes to Arnold how he took Daniel to a secluded spot in Beerwah. Went to an abandoned house. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 14m
Arnold: I never got to molest him or anything like that. He panicked, I panicked, and then I grabbed him by the throat. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 14m
Arnold: We'll go back there and get it sorted. Cowan: There's nothing there. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 15m
Arnold: Like I said, I'm not judging you at all. Just tell me what I need to fix. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 15m
Cowan: "There was a Sunbus broken down and then I seen Daniel." #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 16m
Cowan: Instead of taking him to the shopping centre, I took him to a secluded spot that I knew of. #morcombe

Cowan: And that's when I said I'm going down the shops, do you need a lift? #morcombe

Cowan: There was a broken down bus ... and then I seen Daniel. I didn't talk to him at all when I got there. The bus drove past. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 17m
Cowan to Arnold: "Ok, yeah I did it." #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 18m
Cowan: They got nothing out of my car. I seen him standing there. #morcombe

Arnold: So what do I need or fix? Cowan: OK, yeah, I did it. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 19m
Arnold to Cowan: "What happened and how can I sort it out?" #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48m
Recording: Fitzy and Cowan on their way to Karlgoorlie for a job when they are told to come back and meet the "big boss" Arnold. #morcombe

We're breaking for lunch now. Back at 2.30pm. #morcombe

Morcombe trial breaks for lunch. #morcombe @abcnews

We're breaking for lunch now. Back at 2.30pm. #morcombe

Morcombe trial breaks for lunch. #morcombe @abcnews

I can't find the words Fuskier

:bow::aktion::jumping::aktion::jumping::aktion:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-27/daniel-morcombe-murder-trial-covert-recordings/5287928

Daniel Morcombe Murder Trial: Jurors Hear Covert Recording of Confession
By Jason Rawlins
Updated 28 minutes ago

The Supreme Court in Brisbane has been played a recording of an accused killer confessing to the murder of Daniel Morcombe...

"...Cowan says he offered Daniel Morcombe a lift to a shopping centre but instead took him to a building near an old sand mine at Beerwah.
Cowan says Daniel panicked and he choked him...He put the schoolboy's body in the back of his four wheel drive, drove a short distance, removed his clothes and dumped him in a creek"...

Lunch break over. Court resumed.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s
And we're back to the meeting between Cowan and crime boss Arnold in the Swan River Room. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 28s
Video recording of Cowan's confession resumes before the jury. #morcombe @abcnews

Video shows Cowan and Arnold move outside for a cigarette. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
The video is showing Arnold taking Cowan outside for a cigarette. "**** happens", he's telling him. #morcombe

Arnold to Cowan: "If I can sort this out for you, and I'm pretty sure I can, then we can move on." #morcombe @abcnews

Arnold: I've built this business up over a long time ... got a lot of good contacts around Australia...the heat's on me, the heat's on them.

Cowan says if they find his DNA in the house, it wouldn't matter because he'd been there before "with another bloke". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 3m
Arnold: No more kids we're going to find *advertiser censored** missing and they're looking at you? #morcombe

Cowan tells Arnold the house is now gone. He is worried about the 30 minute gap in his alibi. There was no blood, he says. #morcombe

Arnold: I'm going to have to send someone with ya to sort all this *advertiser censored** s*** out. #morcombe

Cowan: I've got no problem with cutting ties with everyone. #morcombe

Arnold: (We'll have to) go and have a look and make sure everything is *advertiser censored** good. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 6m
And we're back to the meeting between Cowan and crime boss Arnold in the Swan River Room. #morcombe

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-daniel-morcombe/story-fnihsrf2-1226839336935

Day 12 of trial of Brett Peter Cowan, aka Shaddo N-unyah Hunter, accused of murder of Daniel Morcombe
BROOKE BASKIN THE COURIER-MAIL FEBRUARY 27, 2014 1:08PM

"...In the secret video in the Hyatt Hotel, Brett Peter Cowan told covert operative 483, known as Arnold, the crime gang’s Big Boss, that he carried the boy and threw his body down an embankment...
“I went down there and I dragged him through I don’t know how far it was,’’ he said... he covered the body with trees and branches. His clothes I took back with me and threw ‘em in a creek,’’... they floated away and “none of that has ever been found’’...

Court has been shown the map Cowan drew for crime boss Arnold. #morcombe

Cowan tells Arnold Daniel started to struggle when he tried to pull his pants down. #morcombe @abcnews

The video has finished now. "Arnold" is back on the stand. #morcombe

Cowan tells Arnold Daniel said "oh no" and started to struggle as he grabbed him. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 6m
Cowan says police took his car for a whole day and found nothing - he hadn't even washed it. #morcombe

Arnold: There'll be no DNA? Cowan: I didn't even get his pants down. #morcombe

Arnold: When you threw all this **** in the river have you seen it sink? It's highly unlikely they'll be able to find that s*** #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 8m
Arnold: It's a pity this *advertiser censored* dealer of yours has come up with some *advertiser censored** b*** - re Cowan's alibi. #morcombe

Arnold: We'll put you up tonight, try and put you on a plane tomorrow and sort all this s*** out. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 15m
Now they're laughing and joking about Cowan changing his name to Shaddo, after his dog. "Followed me round like a shadow." #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 18m
Video shows Cowan and Arnold move outside for a cigarette. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 56s
Under cross examination, "Arnold" says Cowan always maintained he went to his drug dealer's house on the day Daniel disappeared. #morcombe

Cross examination of Arnold has begun. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 5m
Video recording has finished. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 24m
Edwards: "It was designed to obtain a confession?" Arnold: "It was designed to obtain the truth from him." #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 24m
"Fitzy" has returned to the stand. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 25m
Defence Angus Edwards said plan was to "dangle" monetary incentive in front of Cowan while threatening to "drop him" if he didn't "confess".

Under cross examination, "Arnold" says Cowan always maintained he went to his drug dealer's house on the day Daniel disappeared. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 29m
Under x-exam, Arnold says purpose of role was to exonerate or implicate Cowan. If implicated, he was to try to extract admissions. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 34m
Cross examination of Arnold has begun. #morcombe @abcne

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 20m
Fitzy is back in witness box. Another secret recording with Cowan, who says "It's the first time I've ever told anybody." #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 21m
Cowan: They've got nothing, all they've got is my dealer saying I wasn't there, when I was. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 22m
Fitzy to Cowan: We've all done **** man. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 22m
Cowan tells Fitzy he went back to the scene 10 days later with shovel to bury him but there was nothing left but a "bit of bone". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 23m
Cowan: I wish I was ten minutes later getting that wood chipper. If I was ten minutes later, I wouldn't have seen him (Daniel).

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 24m
Cowan to Fitzy: "To do with Daniel Morcombe's case." Says he is pissed off his dealer is lying because he did go to her house.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 26m
Cowan tells Fitzy their "big job" has to be put off for a little while so some things can be "sorted out". #morcombe

The jury is now being played a recording of a conversation between Fitzy and Cowan over lunch after the Arnold meeting. #morcombe

Cowan: There was no screaming or nothing, (I) choked him. #morcombe

Cowan: If I didn't panic I could have been there for an hour doing stuff. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 8m
Cowan to Fitzy: "It was a spur of the moment." Says if bus hadn't broken down, Daniel wouldn't have been there. #morcombe @abcnews

Cowan: If I'd been in the other lane, I mightn't have seen him. #morcombe

Cowan: Ever since him, I haven't touched another kid. Yeah, bus hadn't broken down, he wouldn't have been there. #morcombe

Cowan tells Fitzy: That's been my safety net, that nobody else knew. #morcombe

Fitzy to Cowan: We're your brothers alright, so *advertiser censored** you look after us, man. #morcombe

Cowan tells Fitzy they spoke about paying off his drug dealer to fix his alibi. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 23m
Cowan to Fitzy: "(Police) they've got nothing. The only thing they've got is my dealer saying I wasn't there..." #morcombe @abcnews

Fitzy is back in witness box. Another secret recording with Cowan, who says "It's the first time I've ever told anybody." #morcombe @abcnews

Cowan: There was no screaming or nothing, (I) choked him. #morcombe

Cowan: If I didn't panic I could have been there for an hour doing stuff. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 8m
Cowan to Fitzy: "It was a spur of the moment." Says if bus hadn't broken down, Daniel wouldn't have been there. #morcombe @abcnews

Cowan: If I'd been in the other lane, I mightn't have seen him. #morcombe

Cowan: Ever since him, I haven't touched another kid. Yeah, bus hadn't broken down, he wouldn't have been there. #morcombe

Cowan tells Fitzy: That's been my safety net, that nobody else knew. #morcombe

Fitzy to Cowan: We're your brothers alright, so *advertiser censored** you look after us, man. #morcombe

Cowan tells Fitzy they spoke about paying off his drug dealer to fix his alibi. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 23m
Cowan to Fitzy: "(Police) they've got nothing. The only thing they've got is my dealer saying I wasn't there..." #morcombe @abcnews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3