Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 4m
Arnold to Cowan: I have had to make some *advertiser censored** calls, so I hope it's worth it in the end. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 5m
Arnold grills Cowan on the watch. "I do collect watches, but I do not have Daniel's watch, 100 per cent," says Cowan. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 6m
Arnold: Once you get to QLD, Ian will help you ... make all this s*** go away. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 7m
They are back with Arnold. Arnold orders Cowan to return to QLD the following morning with Fitzy and a person named Ian. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 21m
Cowan to Fitzy: "It's my deepest darkest secret." #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 21m
Cowan: If he didn't want to run I would have had my fun and ... taken him back to near where I got him and dropped him off. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 27m
Cowan: He got in willingly into the car because he thought he'd missed the bus. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 29m
Cowan says when the police first came to see him, he thought "oh *advertiser censored**, they got me". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 30m
Cowan says he can't understand why so many witnesses discussed two men, a white van and a blue car. It was just him and the boy, he says.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 35m
Cowan: There was no screaming or nothing, (I) choked him. #morcombe

Tegan George ‏@tegangeorge 3h
Arnold asks Cowan to draw him a map of the area. Cowan points out macadamia farm, sheds, demountable @tennewsqld #morcombe

Cowan said he put Daniel's body in the back of his white Pajero, next to a mulcher @tennewsqld #morcombe

Cowan: "I never got to molest him ... he panicked and I panicked and I grabbed him around the throat." #morcombe @tennewsqld

Cowan: "Went to an abandoned house ... at the end of Roys Rd." #morcombe @tennewsqld

Cowan: "The bus drove past and that's when I said I'm going down to the shopping centre do you want a lift? And he's gone yep." @tennewsqld

Cowan: "I seen Daniel there ... I did a loop around." #morcombe

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 58m
Tonight on @9NewsBrisbane we show you the never before seen video of Brett Cowan's alleged confession to covert cop@9NewsBrisbane #Morcombe

http://www.couriermail.com.au/
Day 12 of trial of Brett Peter Cowan, aka Shaddo N-unyah Hunter, accused of murder of Daniel Morcombe
BROOKE BASKIN THE COURIER-MAIL FEBRUARY 27, 2014 4:05PM

Cowan: ‘I knew if Daniel got away I was *advertiser censored**ed’
IN a secret video, accused killer Brett Cowan told undercover police the grim details of the last day Daniel Morcombe was alive.

“He got in willingly into the car because he thought he’d missed the bus cause the bus drove straight past him,’’ Cowan said...“He tried to get away,’’...“I knew if he got away I was *advertiser censored**ed. Panicked. No, no, no, this was all at the end, I took him out of the car and into a house…’’
Cowan said Beerwah was a spread-out farming community with a lot of bush tracks and “dead-end orchards’’.
He said he “had me man fun’’ at the workers quarters there.
“He came inside and I went to pull his pants down he panicked and I grabbed him,’’...“It is my deepest, darkest secret.’’...

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 5m
Day 12 of Court is finished for today. We'll resume on Monday. #morcombe

Thank you for your kindness Fuskier and other members it is greatly appreciated. Thank also Fuskier for all your hard work posting updates for us. A lot happened at the trial today it is very difficult to read these sickos comments about an innocent child. I hope Jackway does not get out of prison as he is obviously extremely dangerous and highly likely to re-offend soon after release.

I truly believe these monsters cannot be rehabilitated after the first offence they all should be imprisoned in jail or some other facility without parole. Society cannot gamble these individuals wont rape and/or kill a child again it is not worth the risk when an innocent child's life is at stake. I know it is very expensive to keep someone locked up but it needs to be done.

I completely agree. Just watching his 'confession' videotape shows the reality of these guys - he speaks SO matter of factly, as if it's nothing. They have no conscience and will just keep offending until they're jailed. :facepalm:

Here is the undercover confession video. I went through the preceding thread pages quickly and couldn't see it - but if it's already been posted - my apologies for doubling up!!

http://media.smh.com.au/national/selections/yeah-i-did-it-cowan-confession-5205891.html

A couple of things after reading through the tweets as well as CourierMail's rolling coverage.

“I went up and around and parked in the church car park … it wasn’t sitting on the highway at all.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-daniel-morcombe/story-fnihsrf2-1226839336935

There were witnesses who did see a white car, described as a van, parked near to where Daniel was standing.

In my opinion, majority of these creeps are cowards, I think Cowan is terrified of "the rat" Jackaway so there's no way he's going to implicate him by saying he was involved. And of course there's no way Jackaway will admit to being involved.

What a special moment in time it must have been when Cowan was informed he'd been setup & all those "gang members" were in fact police!!!....it would have been absolutely priceless to see the look on his face right at that very moment!!

marlywings What a special moment in time it must have been when Cowan was informed he'd been setup & all those "gang members" were in fact police!!!...[B said:
.it would have been absolutely priceless to see the look on his face right at that very moment!![/B]

Respectively snipped

:gasp:

A couple of things after reading through the tweets as well as CourierMail's rolling coverage.

“I went up and around and parked in the church car park … it wasn’t sitting on the highway at all.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-daniel-morcombe/story-fnihsrf2-1226839336935

There were witnesses who did see a white car, described as a van, parked near to where Daniel was standing.

In my opinion, majority of these creeps are cowards, I think Cowan is terrified of "the rat" Jackaway so there's no way he's going to implicate him by saying he was involved. And of course there's no way Jackaway will admit to being involved.

What a special moment in time it must have been when Cowan was informed he'd been setup & all those "gang members" were in fact police!!!....it would have been absolutely priceless to see the look on his face right at that very moment!!

Agree Marlywings: "I think Cowan is terrified of "the rat" Jackaway so there's no way he's going to implicate him by saying he was involved. And of course there's no way Jackaway will admit to being involved" (Marlywings).

There's more to this IMO which is undisclosed. Those eye witnesses saw what they saw. Mr Gebri's evidence about seeing two cars, two men and one boy in Roys Road at 6.15pm corroborates Cowan's own admission in the secret tape that he took the boy to Roys Road:

Cowan's admission: "Went to an abandoned house ... at the end of Roys Rd." #morcombe @tennewsqld.

Mr Gebri's evidence on Day 11: Mr Gebri was driving home and at 6.15pm on December 7, 2003"... he was driving past Roys Rd when he saw two cars parked along the roadside... one blue and a white van... he saw an adult male close to the cars and a child who appeared to be 12-years-old and with dark hair. “Apprehension, possibly fear,’’ Mr Gebri said of the expression on the child’s face. He said there was a third man standing nearby".

They virtually created an entire fantasy world for this guy.

Reading through the transcripts is just unbelievable. Fake prostitutes, fake bodyguards, fake rogue cops, fake associates...!

They all deserve an acting award at the least! Cowan genuinely thought he'd found a new "family" with fellow crims, but they were all LE!

The magnitude of the operation is staggering, as are the results.

This is one for the history books, Qld Police! And WA officers too! I can't express my admiration enough, quite honestly. Magnificent job.

Agree Marlywings: "I think Cowan is terrified of "the rat" Jackaway so there's no way he's going to implicate him by saying he was involved. And of course there's no way Jackaway will admit to being involved" (Marlywings).

There's more to this IMO which is undisclosed. Those eye witnesses saw what they saw. Mr Gebri's evidence about seeing two cars, two men and one boy in Roys Road at 6.15pm corroborates Cowan's own admission in the secret tape that he took the boy to Roys Road:

Cowan's admission: "Went to an abandoned house ... at the end of Roys Rd." #morcombe @tennewsqld.

Mr Gebri's evidence on Day 11: Mr Gebri was driving home and at 6.15pm on December 7, 2003"... he was driving past Roys Rd when he saw two cars parked along the roadside... one blue and a white van... he saw an adult male close to the cars and a child who appeared to be 12-years-old and with dark hair. “Apprehension, possibly fear,’’ Mr Gebri said of the expression on the child’s face. He said there was a third man standing nearby".

"Apprehension, possibly fear" what an understatement! Poor Daniel must have been terrified. It is hellish seeing details of what happened in this case I dread to think how much Daniel's family must be suffering hearing all this.

I don't think Cowan would have done this without getting what he wanted out of it it's despicable, sick, absolutely evil. I see in another quote he describes Daniel's attack and murder as "man fun" an innocent child loses his life from a horrific attack and it is "man fun". I hope with all my heart hell exists and everyone involved in this crime ends up there.

I think the more that comes out of his mouth the less I can believe which actually makes me less confused. For one I doubt Daniel happily got driven half an hour away, no where near the shopping centre, and waltzed into a house only to freak out when he approached him and attempted to undress him. I think he is lying lying lying here and the lie here may well to be to hide the jackasses's involvement.

Has the bosses' father given evidence that he came for the mulcher? is that confirmed? is the drug dealer and bosses father one and the same? I know in the confession it appears he had already got the mulcher, just curious if that's confirmed.

"Apprehension, possibly fear" what an understatement! Poor Daniel must have been terrified. It is hellish seeing details of what happened in this case I dread to think how much Daniel's family must be suffering hearing all this.

I don't think Cowan would have done this without getting what he wanted out of it it's despicable, sick, absolutely evil. I see in another quote he describes Daniel's attack and murder as "man fun" an innocent child loses his life from a horrific attack and it is "man fun". I hope with all my heart hell exists and everyone involved in this crime ends up there.
BBM
:( I agree.
Of all his pathetic, criminal words...
Who is to believe Daniel willingly/convincingly said 'yeah' and jumped in the passenger seat? He was just shy of 14 years. Nope.

IMO...the confession is smothered in truths, half-truths, and LIES. Lots of em.
Trusting it all leads to Dog's conviction...then possibly Rat's.

They virtually created an entire fantasy world for this guy.

Reading through the transcripts is just unbelievable. Fake prostitutes, fake bodyguards, fake rogue cops, fake associates...!

They all deserve an acting award at the least! Cowan genuinely thought he'd found a new "family" with fellow crims, but they were all LE!

The magnitude of the operation is staggering, as are the results.

This is one for the history books, Qld Police! And WA officers too! I can't express my admiration enough, quite honestly. Magnificent job.

I agree Sapphire!! Absolutely amazing work by all involved!!

What I also find remarkable is all the ad-libbing they had to do.

At one stage Cowan said he was a bit suss about Joe Emery (the cop they'd seated next to Cowan on flight from Brisbane to Perth). Cowan told Arnold he thought Joe may have been a reporter. Arnold's reply, "nah he couldn't be a reporter, he can barely read or write".

That is just priceless!!

I'd love to know all the nitty gritty of the whole op...whose idea was it, who organized it, because that would have taken absolute months to get the plan up & running.

I think the more that comes out of his mouth the less I can believe which actually makes me less confused. For one I doubt Daniel happily got driven half an hour away, no where near the shopping centre, and waltzed into a house only to freak out when he approached him and attempted to undress him. I think he is lying lying lying here and the lie here may well to be to hide the jackasses's involvement.

Has the bosses' father given evidence that he came for the mulcher? is that confirmed? is the drug dealer and bosses father one and the same? I know in the confession it appears he had already got the mulcher, just curious if that's confirmed.

I agree!! Sadly, I think a whole lot more happened between where Daniel was picked up & the house. I also think when Cowan was "confessing" to Arnold, he may have been a bit wary & was weighing up how far he could or should go with all he told him. He needed to stay in the good books with Arnold. To tell him there was another involved in the abduction, in his mind, may have led to problems between himself & Arnold & he perhaps didn't want to risk that happening.

In my opinion, self preservation is what it's all about with these creeps.

The owners of the mulcher testified last week. The drug dealers aren't the same people.

19th Feb 2014

FRANK and Hazel Davis, who knew Mr Cowan from the Suncoast Christian Church, said Mr Cowan collected a mulcher from their property at Perwillowen Rd, Nambour, the day Daniel disappeared.

Mr Davis, 80, said Mr Cowan worked for his son Trevor's sandblasting business in 2002-03 and was regular at their family functions.

He said Brett had phoned to borrow the mulcher between 12.45pm and 1pm.

"It would have been half to three quarters of an hour later and I helped him load the mulcher into his vehicle.

"I now know it was a white Pajero stationwagon … five doors if you count the back one.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...be-witness-says-car-parked-silly-ang/2174828/

----------------------------------------------------

February 20, 2014

A drug dealer cannot remember whether Daniel Morcombe's accused killer visited her house to score on the afternoon the teenager disappeared 10 years ago.

Sandra Drummond supplied Brett Peter Cowan, the man charged with Daniel's murder, with marijuana for about two years.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...disappeared-20140220-3332x.html#ixzz2ubEUwust

I can't imagine that Daniel willingly sat in the front seat of Cowan's 4wd for a 20-30 min drive down the highway. I also don't believe the 'he panicked, I panicked' and it was all over.

There were numerous witnesses to a blue boxy car, and two men. I think Cowan left his white pajero in the church carpark, while Daniel was forced into the blue vehicle, one man driving, one man holding him down. The drug dealers removed their pokies card from the Beerwah RSL at 2:20/2:22pm. Were they called in to help Cowan get back to his vehicle and then head straight home? Jackway arrived back at Ipswich at 4:30pm, he's known to speed.
MOO

I can't imagine that Daniel willingly sat in the front seat of Cowan's 4wd for a 20-30 min drive down the highway. I also don't believe the 'he panicked, I panicked' and it was all over.

There were numerous witnesses to a blue boxy car, and two men. I think Cowan left his white pajero in the church carpark, while Daniel was forced into the blue vehicle, one man driving, one man holding him down. The drug dealers removed their pokies card from the Beerwah RSL at 2:20/2:22pm. Were they called in to help Cowan get back to his vehicle and then head straight home? Jackway arrived back at Ipswich at 4:30pm, he's known to speed.
MOO

Hi Kailee,
How do we know Jackaway arrived at Ipswich at 4.30pm please? Is there a link for that somewhere? He and his blue vehicle were seen in Roys Road around 6.16pm that evening allegedly with Daniel and Cowan.

Hi Kailee,
How do we know Jackaway arrived at Ipswich at 4.30pm please? Is there a link for that somewhere? He and his blue vehicle were seen in Roys Road around 6.16pm that evening allegedly with Daniel and Cowan.

Under cross examination, Jackway denies returning to Ipswich at 4.30 in an agitated state:
http://www.qt.com.au/news/douglas-jackway-denies-killing-daniel-morcombe/2180476/

Jackway has changed his version of events that day several times:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-daniel-morcombe/story-e6frg6nf-1226837022781

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3