Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Fitzy says they then drove to a creek where Cowan said he'd thrown Daniel's clothes out the car. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 2m
Fitzy says Cowan described how he'd killed Daniel in demountable, carried him out and put him in the back of his pajero. #morcombe @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 2m
Covert "Fitzy"telling jury Cowan showed them where demountable house was&asked Daniel #Morcombe to come in for drink of water@9NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 3m
He showed them where he'd left Daniel, then took them to a bridge where he'd thrown his clothes. Initially took them to the wrong bridge.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 4m
Cowan told how he killed Daniel inside the house, carried him out, put him in the Pajero and drove him about 200m to a cleaning. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 5m
Cowan told the covert officers how he'd lured Daniel into the demountable house by offering him a glass of water. #morcombe

Cowan then gave them directions to the place where he'd taken Daniel. They drove into the macadamia plantation. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 10m
Fitzy says Cowan "described where he abducted Daniel". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
The jury is now being played an audio recording of conversations between Cowan and covert operatives "Fitzy" and "Ian". #morcombe

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-daniel-morcombe/story-fnii5v70-1226843475667
Day 13 of trial of Brett Peter Cowan, aka Shaddo N-unyah Hunter, accused of murder of Daniel Morcombe
The jury listened to a secret two-hour recording of the journey Fitzy and Ian took with Cowan as they drove through the Sunshine Coast on August 10, 2011.

At the beginning, the trio are at Brisbane Airport after flying in from Perth.

“Longest flight to Perth,’’ Cowan said.

He said he would take the batteries out of his phone in case the police knew his number and were able to track it.
:floorlaugh:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1h
Cowan is now in the car with Fitzy and Ian, leaving Brisbane Airport. Ian is asking Cowan to take him through what happened again. #morcombe

Fitzy to Cowan: Arnold said he's f... cleaned up bigger f... messes than this. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1h
Cowan says he'll take the battery out of his phone in case police have his number and "they can suss out through towers" #morcombe @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1h
Jury hearing recorded conversations between Cowan and 2 coverts after arriving in Brisbane. Told it runs 2 hours @9NewsBrisbane #Morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 23s
Cowan: I dropped him down over there and I more or less dragged him. There wasn't this much undergrowth and ****. #morcombe

Cowan is taking the covert officers down an embankment through heavy scrub to where he says he left Daniel's body. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s
Cowan: I didn't bury him. I just put him under branches and ****. I've come back seven to ten days later and found nothin'. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 58s
Cowan: I had to black out me tyre marks, f... got rid of everything through here. I f... got a branch from the tree and... #morcombe

Fitzy: Not breathing or nothing? Cowan: No. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m
Fitzy: So what, you put him back in the car or something? Cowan: Yeah, I put him in the back of the Pajero. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 8s
Cowan: When I started pulling his pants down, he went "oh no". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s
Cowan: I thought he was going to run and my arm went around his neck and I choked him out. #morcombe

Cowan: So there was a house, like a relocatable, that's where it happened. And then there was two old farm houses. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 13m
Cowan: Bus drove past and the next bus, you know in his mind wasn't coming for over an hour. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 14m
Cowan: (I had) no intention of going anywhere near my wife. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 15m
Cowan: I just said "I've just got to duck home quickly and just let me miss us know what was going on". #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 15m
Cowan tells undercover police: "I'm an opportunistic offender." #morcombe @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 16m
Jury hears Cowan say in taped conversation "I really don't know what I was thinking...opportunistic offender." @9NewsBrisbane #Morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 16m
Cowan says he offered Daniel a lift and he said "yes please". #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 16m
Cowan describes how he spotted Daniel on side of the road, turned left and parked his 4wd in church carpark. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 16m
Cowan: I offered him a lift. I had no intention of taking him to the shopping centre. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 17m
Cowan: I don't really know what I was thinking ... I'm an opportunistic offender. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 17m
Cowan said Daniel was wearing a red shirt, blue shorts I think it was. Shoes and socks. Daniel told Cowan he was going to get a haircut.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 18m
Cowan tells them Daniel said yes and hopped in. No screaming, no struggling he said. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 19m
Cowan said he told Daniel he'd been waiting for someone to get off the bus and was heading back into town. Did he want a lift? #morcombe

Cowan: I walked through here and I sat back up against the wall. He was still close to the road and then the bus drove past and didn't stop.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 21m
Cowan: He was a f... cute little, and I parked right here. #morcombe

Cowan: We're going to be turning at the next left up here. And I, sorta, along here somewhere I spotted him. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 22m
Cowan shows the undercover officers where he spotted the broken down bus. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 56m
Cowan takes them to the house where he collected the mulcher before driving back towards home. #morcombe

In secret recordings Cowan says church carpark he parked in to pick up Daniel #Morcombe was church he was married in @9NewsBrisbane

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1h
Cowan points out church: "That's the church I was married in. That's where I parked my car, picked him up." #morcombe @abcnews

Cowan: That's the church I was married in. That's where I parked my car, picked him up. #morcombe

I just feel sick.

A profound thank you for posting the updates....I'm sure you feel sick too.

Those undercover guys must've felt like strangling Cowan themselves in that hut.

Wonder if we will hear of the arrest soon?

Ian calls crime boss Arnold and reports back that "he's happy". They don't believe there's anything to "clean up". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 4m
Cowan when asked if he planned to kill him: No, I had no intention of doing that whatsoever. #morcombe

Cowan: I probably would have been caught in the end if I'd ... and I let him go. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 6m
They are talking about Daniel's fob watch. Cowan says he never saw it. He says Daniel had pockets on his shorts. He felt a wallet in one.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 9m
Cowan realises he's taken them to the wrong bridge. He helps them find the correct one and shows them where he stopped the car. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 11m
In audio recordings, Cowan now showing Ian and Fitzy where he threw Daniel's clothes out the car window into a creek. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 12m
Cowan: Yeah, it all went out the drivers' window, so... #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 13m
Cowan on dumping Daniel's clothes at the bridge: I just grabbed it and threw it out the window. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 19m
Cowan tells Ian and Fitzy "I had no intention of knocking him at all. I just wanted to have my fun.." #morcombe @abcnews

Cowan: It's been eight years, there's not going to be anything here. #morcombe

Cowan: If they had that house and my DNA was found in it, I've had my "man fun" in there. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 23m
Cowan: The coppers have got nothing to get me on, like, you know, if they found anything in me car I wouldn't be standing here. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 25m
Cowan: I didn't go through his wallet or nothing like that. I wasn't out to... #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 26m
Ian: You feeling all right? Cowan: Yeah I'm nervous, just wanna, yeah, I don't really want to be here. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 26m
Cowan: Yeah I'm nervous... I don't really want to be here." #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 27m
Cowan: There was no bones, no teeth, nothing. There was just what I thought was a bit of skull ... I crushed it with the shovel... #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 28m
Cowan now showing Ian and Fitzy where he dumped Daniel's body and took his clothes. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 28m
Cowan: I dropped him down over there and I more or less dragged him. There wasn't this much undergrowth and ****. #morcombe

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/da...an-opportunistic-offender-20140303-33yng.html
Daniel Morcombe murder trial: 'I'm an opportunistic offender'
Daniel Morcombe's accused killer casually told undercover police officers posing as criminal gang members he was an "opportunistic offender", a court has heard.
"He was a *advertiser censored****, cute little ..." Mr Cowan said, before pointing out where he had parked his four-wheel-drive in a church car park.
An 'opportunistic offender'? WTH is that?
No decent human being comprehends its meaning.
I'd like to believe the jury has sealed Cowan's fate of conviction...by these words alone.

According to Cowan's confession...
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...owans-confession/story-fnihsrf2-1226840017462
Daniel jumped into the passenger seat of his Pajero, then later :( put in the back by the mulcher.
Police confiscated the Pajero...searched, dusted for prints...to no forensic avail.

I'm thinking, Daniel may never have touched Cowan's stuff. Which lays even more credence to the blue sedan and a two-perp scenario.

Daniel was only at the bus stop between 1:30 to 2:15 ish (45 minutes), right?
How is it two sexual predators, in two separate vehicles...manage this abduction? Are they laying in wait under the overpass?

I think you are on to something.

In the interview where he is questioned by the female officer, they spoke about his home phone records and that his mobile rang home very shortly after he left. I imagine they'd know if he had phone conversation with Jackaway. I imagine it would be difficult/weird to acknowledge one call and not others and we haven't heard anything about calls between these POI in the coroner's stuff have we?

He seems keen to label himself an opportunistic offender. So maybe he isn't so much. What if some pre-planned "man fun" included abduction and assault that weekend? He goes to get the mulcher as an excuse to leave the home. We all know how those simple trips can blow out if you stop to chat etc, it's a perfect ruse. They may have had a plan to find a young boy which is hardly a difficult task on a pleasant Sunday afternoon, no phone call required if a place to meet and search has been pre-determined. Handsome Daniel waiting on the broken down bus could of instead been some other young bloke riding his bike somewhere more secluded, a bored kid hanging outside a milkbar, anyone else, after they had met up and started refining any vague plan. If the eye witnesses reports are true, Daniel knew from the start he was in trouble, they weren't particularly suave about it.

Just a question I would like to put to fellow sleuthers, do you think the police is working behind the scenes of this trial trying to find a way to implicate Jackway in all of this?

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 7m
Jury watching a walkthrough video - covert police at site where Cowan allegedly dumped Daniel's body @9NewsBrisbane #Morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 7m
We are watching a video of the police officers trekking through the scene. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 9m
Instead, the undercover officers went back to the scene with a Queensland detective and showed him around. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 11m
The following morning, they returned to the Sunshine Coast without Cowan, telling him they would begin "cleaning up". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 11m
Cowan and the undercover officers spent the night in a hotel. #morcombe

Cowan: Clothes take longer to break down. #morcombe

Fitzy: One thing what makes, I mean, why did you take the clothes off the dude? Cowan: Well, umm, I don't know. F... it's red, easily seen.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2h
Ian calls crime boss Arnold and reports back that "he's happy". They don't believe there's anything to "clean up". #morcombe

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 22m
Jury watching a walkthrough video - covert police at site where Cowan allegedly dumped Daniel's body @9NewsBrisbane #Morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 2m
In recordings, Cowan recalls giving evidence at inquest. Says his palms were wet with the stress of it. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m
Cowan: My palms were wet ... with the stress of it. (Talking about fronting the inquest). #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 20m
Cowan: There's a difference between someone who kills somebody and someone who kills a kid. #morcombe

Cowan says although he wouldn't "be sitting here today" had he dropped Daniel back. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 23m
Cowan discusses what he would have done with Daniel if he hadn't died. Says after he would have dropped him back at the shops. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 24m
Fitzy: Were you spinning out dude or what? Cowan: No, I think I shut down, went into safety mode. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 26m
Cowan discusses how Daniel died based on what he's seen on CSI-type television shows. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 27m
Cowan on convo with Daniel in car: I wasn't ... interested, more or less in my mind I'm thinking where am I going, what am I going to do...

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 34m
Cowan: I can guarantee I don't have it. And I don't give me kids lives up at all. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 36m
Cowan: Hundred per cent I do not have the watch. Tells Fitzy he would stake his kids' lives on it. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 37m
Cowan: Everything of his went in the creek. Fitzy: You gotta tell me the truth man. He says the watch/wallet could undo them if found.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39m
Cowan is told the "sticking point" is the fob watch Daniel was said to have been carrying. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45m
Cowan: There's no proof that it was me. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 46m
Cowan tells Fitzy he burned his clothes and shoes after having tea at home. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47m
Fitzy: How were you that night man? Were you spinning out or what? Cowan: Yeah, I couldn't sleep. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 47m
Jury hearing another recorded conversation between Fitzy and Cowan in Redcliffe on 11th Aug 2011. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47m
Cowan: I thought I was gone man, I really thought I was f... gone when they came to question me. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48m
Cowan tells the undercover police officer he burnt his clothes and shoes in an old BBQ at home the day Daniel was killed. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 52m
The jury is now being played an audio recording of conversations with Cowan over lunch on August 11, 2011. #morcombe

We are watching a video of the police officers trekking through the scene. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s
We're done for the day. #morcombe Day 14 tomorrow

"...Cowan: is told the "sticking point" is the fob watch Daniel was said to have been carrying.
Fitzy: You gotta tell me the truth man. He says the watch/wallet could undo them if found.
Cowan: Hundred per cent I do not have the watch"...

We have learned that when Cowan says "100%" we know this is not the truth. He has changed his story before.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-daniel-morcombe/story-fnihsrf2-1226843475667

Day 13 of trial of Brett Peter Cowan, aka Shaddo N-unyah Hunter, accused of murder of Daniel Morcombe
BROOKE BASKIN THE COURIER-MAIL MARCH 03, 2014 6:47PM

The jury heard an extract of the conversation, secretly recorded, on the afternoon of August 11, 2011...Cowan said he burned the clothes he was wearing on the day he killed Daniel Morcombe...
“The ashes are f---ing through me garden and me garden, I had to rip up and f---ing to taken elsewhere (sic),’’ he said.
Cowan said he was cooking a barbecue for dinner on the night he killed Daniel Morcombe and burned his clothes in it...
“Threw it in there, it got burnt and it all went into the compost bin, all the ashes,’’ he said.

This is the MAKO file on Jackway, it's horrific but interesting read.

I honestly didn't know such evil existed. Why would this be able to walk the streets. IT'S GOT TO STOP!
In the past, a psychologist has described Jackway as a “biological psychopath” who treats crime as others would treat a profession.
Sounds familiar to Cowan saying 'I'm an opportunistic offender'

Like its a job description on their resume??

http://www.mako.org.au/douglas_jackway.html

Psychopaths are born not bred, according to a new study.
Scientists have identified biological brain differences that mark out psychopaths from other people – offering hope of spotting the disorder before it triggers heinous crimes.

They can commit rape or murder but show no signs of remorse or guilt.

Psychopaths are thought to make up about 15 per cent of the UK prison population and criminals who are psychopaths commit 50 per cent more offences than those who do not have the disorder.

This may give society some hope of safety.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...e-born-not-bred-according-to-a-new-study.html

Whoa.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...secret-audiotape/story-e6frg6nf-1226843681214
Daniel Morcombe accused’s ‘confession’ on secret audiotape
“I can’t believe I’m just talking so matter-of-fact...it’s like it’s nothing,” he is recorded as saying on August 11, 2011.

He’s asked: “Well it doesn’t worry you anyway?”

Mr Cowan: “Not now.”
“There’s no proof it was me,” Mr Cowan said.
Even an offer of a $1m reward by police for information about Daniel didn’t worry him, he said.

“There was only one person that knew about it... and that one person’s not gonna say anything... he’s the one that would go to jail for it,” Mr Cowan said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3