GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Atkinson. Prosecutors, Defense, the Jury and Jury reserves took an excursion to visit the site on Day 14 of the trial.Media were barred from attending the site visit, which could not be reported until it had been completed, under the orders of Justice Atkinson.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-to-alleged-murder-scene-20140304-3429s.html
"...The sombre excursion began at 10am on the 14th day of the trial, with the jurors travelling by bus to the Kings Road properties in the Glass House Mountains.They were accompanied by Justice Roslyn Atkinson, Crown prosecutors Glen Cash and Michael Byrne and Mr Cowan's defence counsel, Angus Edwards and Tim Meehan"...

Oh, what a terrible excursion to take :facepalm:. It must be so hard to be a jury member in this case. The whole thing is both disgustingly sordid and deeply heartbreaking.

And thank you so much for all of your fabulous posts, Fuskier!!:seeya: You really are remarkable!!!:loveyou:

IMO the paedophile's report of the abduction, sexual assault and murder is a santized version for his alleged new criminal friends.

Let's remember eye witnesses saw a violent struggle in the rear of the blue sedan indicating that Daniel put up a good fight:

"A witness saw a violent struggle in the back seat of a blue sedan as she travelled along the Sunshine Coast road where slain schoolboy Daniel Morcombe was last seen"...
"she saw a "fairly stocky" man "punching and moving violently in the back seat".
She said the struggle was so violent "the back of the car itself was bouncing around"...
"she saw a white sneaker appear over the middle of the back seat of the car. "It was trying to push the man away who was sitting in the back seat, because it came up towards the middle and was trying to kick at the person in the back seat," she told the court...

Another witness "saw a blue sedan driving erratically and weaving in and out of traffic"...
"It was a tarp, jumping up and down... I thought it was kids or someone under there moving..." he said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...lent-struggle-in-blue-car-20140219-330lj.html

Day 15 has commenced:

Josh Bavas ‏@JoshBavas 1m
Justice tells jury in #Morcombe murder trial to "ignore note" found at crime scene during yesterday's walkthrough.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 16s
Judge in #morcombe murder trial has told jury to ignore a note found at memorial site under overpass on Sunshine Coast. @abcnews

Justice Atkinson says walkthrough was not to look at evidence but to simply see the location where alleged events took place. #Morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 33s
Now adjourned for legal argument. #morcombe @abcnews

Trial still adjourned for legal argument.

Just noticed these tweets from Feb 24th 2014 not previously posted:

Josh Bavas ‏@JoshBavas Feb 24
Witness Douglas Jackway rejects claims he was seen thoroughly cleaning inside of his blue sedan week of Dec 8th, 2003. #morcombe

Josh Bavas ‏@JoshBavas Feb 24
Witness Douglas Jackway rejects claims by defence lawyer that he asked two people to be alibi for 7th Dec, 2003. #morcombe

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...e-murder-trial-jury-told-ignore-note/2189021/

Daniel Morcombe murder trial jury told to ignore note
Rae Wilson 5th Mar 2014 10:49 AM Updated: 2:33 PM

This article shows a photo of a memorial plaque to Daniel Morcombe under the Kiel Mountain overpass, Woombye.

Justice Atkinson issued the direction:
"While you were at the scene under the overpass, you saw Daniel's memorial and no doubt you would have found that very moving," ..."After you left the overpass, my attention was drawn to a note left by a stranger giving his opinion as to the defendant's guilt"...""That should not have been there. It is not evidence"..."Remember your task on the trial is to be objective and have regard to only to the evidence led in court.

Justice Atkinson then sent the jury away again so she could have legal argument with the Crown and defence teams in the trial.

Surely they got the name of this person out of him!!!

He is referring to himself when he says "there's only one person who knows and that person is not telling"

That's my interpretation of his comment.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ere-schoolboy-disappeared-20140305-346i6.html

Daniel Morcombe murder trial: jury directed to ignore note left where schoolboy disappeared
March 5, 2014 - 2:38PM by Marissa Calligeros

"...Justice Roslyn Atkinson addressed the six men and six women of the jury, as well as three reserve jurors, on Wednesday morning about their Tuesday visit to the bus stop under the Kiel Mountain Road overpass at Woombye and the alleged murder scene in the Glass House Mountains"..."Now remember your task on the trial is to be objective and have regard only to the evidence led in court," Justice Atkinson said"...

The trial was then adjourned.
The jury was told it would not be required for the remainder of the day to allow for legal argument to take place.

Day 15 was adjourned for legal argument. No further tweets available.
Trial resumes tomorrow for Day 16.

He is referring to himself when he says "there's only one person who knows and that person is not telling"

That's my interpretation of his comment.

I agree. He's referring to himself. There's no way in the wide world he's going to implicate Jackaway. If he'd given any sort of indication at all there was another involved, Mr Arnold & co would have zoned straight in on it.

As it is now, I think police may not have the evidence to haul in Jackaway. However, on the other hand, they have gone to such incredible extremes to haul in Cowan, it would be no surprise if they already have plans in place & have done a whole load of forward thinking as far as Jackaway is concerned. As the trial progesses it will be very interesting to see if that's the case....bearing in mind the "rat" is still in prison.

OR perhaps they'll wait until Cowan arrives at his "new home" & wait for fireworks between him & the "rat".

Cowan said he was willing to move overseas to cover up Daniel's murder. He'd not long heard Mr Arnold tell him how the "gang member Joe" had been "packed off overseas". So no doubt he threw that in as he was probably wishing or hoping they'd do the same with him to get him out of it all.

There is an old saying "where there is smoke, there is fire!" About the cars: Cowan had his car parked around at the church, out of sight at the time Daniel was abducted. The blue car was seen by multiple witnesses at the scene of the abduction and on the road in the vicinity shortly thereafter. Hypothetically speaking, what is the possibility the blue car came along, Cowan was designated driver whilst Jackaway sat in the backseat and did the evil deed? Remember two witnesses saw a violent struggle/moving tarp in the back seat of a blue car? One saw a shoe come up and try to push the man away. All just posing hypothetical questions.

Just found the Court of Appeal judgment of Jackways from back in 1999 when he appealed the sentence for raping a 9yr old boy in 1995. It is appalling & sickening!!. He was sentenced to 12yrs & as we know, was released after 8yrs on November 7th 2003, one month before Daniel's disappearance. Described by many as a dangerous psychopath.

I'll add a *warning* as it does contain some *graphic content*.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...QCA/1996/404.html?query=title(r and jackway)

Thursday 6th March 2014 Day 16 of Daniel Morcombe trial today.

I am really wondering why this hasn't been elaborated on, it doesn't seem right that they would go to such extreme lengths to convict Cowan but not the other offender?

Jackaway will never be released from prison.

I'm thinking the Prosecution have told the Morecombes privately what they believe happened, that both were involved, but that it is probably NOT in the public interest to proceed with trial for Jackway because he's already locked up for life and this operation has already been (possibly) the most expensive in Qld history.

If it's any consolation MAKO tells us when Jackway was first linked to Daniels disappearance his fellow inmates meted out some justice, enough that he was removed from that prison and placed in another, higher security one for his own protection.

I would've left him there myself but you've got to hope the new prison had much stricter conditions, no sunlight, no access to phones or the internet.

:jail:

Then again, they could be using Cowan's trial as a discovery to bring J to trial afterwards.

Just found the Court of Appeal judgment of Jackways from back in 1999 when he appealed the sentence for raping a 9yr old boy in 1995. It is appalling & sickening!!. He was sentenced to 12yrs & as we know, was released after 8yrs on November 7th 2003, one month before Daniel's disappearance. Described by many as a dangerous psychopath.

I'll add a *warning* as it does contain some *graphic content*.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...QCA/1996/404.html?query=title(r and jackway)

Thankyou for that link, Marly :seeya:

It is VERY disturbing reading. He is a seriously alarming man :facepalm:. It's sickening.

I really hope that the fact witnesses saw two men doesnt cause the jury to have doubt which could fail to convict Cowan. I hope this piece of ........ never see's the light of day. I am sure there will be many inmates ready to serve him some justice on the inside.

Day 16 underway: arrest of Cowan

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 4m
Day 16 of #morcombe murder trial has begun. Back in witness box is undercover officer "Fitzy". @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Fitzy tells court he and Ian were also arrested by police. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 54s
Fitzy tells court he, "Ian" and Cowan drove to sandmining site on Sat 13th Aug 2011. Qld police were hiding. #morcombe @abcnews

Court hears two undercover police officers were 'arrested' with Brett Cowan at Glass House Mountains crime scene. #Morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m
They got out of the car and Queensland detectives came out from behind bushes and a log pile to arrest Cowan. #morcombe

On Sat, August 13, 2011, Cowan went with under cover officers Ian and Fitzy to try and find Daniel's fob watch at the sand mining site.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 5m
Undercover police officer "Fitzy" is back on the stand giving evidence in the Daniel Morcombe trial.

WOW!

Court hears reward for #Morcombe conviction from state was $250k. Another $750k was added for 6 month period in 2008 (privately funded).

Det Blanchfield said in 2008, a consortium of people put up $750,000 towards a reward if Daniel's killer was found. #morcombe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3