GUILTY Australia - Depraved secrets in a country town ..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
speechless.
will there be any chances these children will be able to live a "normal" life, or as close as to "normal" as possible, adjust to society?
normal between brackets as, from their understanding, they were already leading a "normal" life...

speechless.
will there be any chances these children will be able to live a "normal" life, or as close as to "normal" as possible, adjust to society?
normal between brackets as, from their understanding, they were already leading a "normal" life...

Yeah I wonder how abnormal they genuinely felt their lives were. They couldnt have been happy but did they just accept what was being done to them?

If you think it can only take one small sexual trauma in a person's life to trigger abnormal sexual behaviour, these poor kids are unlikely to easily change.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That is really sickening! Reminds me of Jozef Fritzl. :stormingmad:

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you "purposefully miscarry"? Is that another name for abortion?

These people were supposed to be mentally deficient and yet were able to get rid of unwanted pregnancies and there appeared to be no deaths from these procedures. Amazing!!!!

Whilst this is an abhorrent situation....I just cant even. ...

We must also think of the police, social workers, human services, lawyers and the judicial members that have been exposed to this most shocking case. The systematic exposure to traumatic material day in and day out takes a toll on these men and women. Some will never get over this.

First pics from the actual residence .. as opposed to the stock shots on the original article: http://www.news.com.au/national/it-...-family-compound/story-e6frfkp9-1226782594190

This story is going to explode, I think we'll see the adults interviewed on whoever is willing to pay top dollar soon.

I hope not unless it promotes humanitarian care for these children. jmo It reminds me of Warren Jeffs & the FDLS raids in the US. Jeff had bucks, this group doesn't even have a pot to you know what in.

:seeya: Hope all is well with you Mrs. G, glad to see you. doc

I dont even know why it was published. The file should have been sealed.

I was wondering this myself -- even though they used pseudonyms, etc.

Maybe because it's a truly unique case in this country (that we know about, heh) and it'll end up being a study topic for all kinds of institutions.

And maybe they figured since it's a given there was --going-- to be leaks to the media anyway... ? :confused:

I was wondering this myself -- even though they used pseudonyms, etc.

Maybe because it's a truly unique case in this country (that we know about, heh) and it'll end up being a study topic for all kinds of institutions.

And maybe they figured since it's a given there was --going-- to be leaks to the media anyway... ? :confused:

It DOES beg the question, however:

How did the media get onto this in the first place? IDK, maybe they trawl through the court lists looking for a "catch". I'd like to think they just stumbled upon it. But surely they were tipped off?

This case is very sensitive stuff. Usually when children are involved, the court room is closed to the media and public and the file sealed. However, the Children's Court might have different rules. I'm going to take a raincheck and look into this.

Won't be a sec *toddles off*

*toddles back*

Yes, here we are.....

The Court Suppression and Non Publication Orders Act 2010. See section 8. If someone may be so kind to provide the link for discussion. I'm on the phone, you see.

Astounding.
They were not even living like animals.
Animals are cleaner then that.
I truly feel sorry for all of them.
It would be amazing if a writer/author followed their future years as a documentary, as they live and learn.
All your of them are apt to go through much.
Prayers for all of them.

BBM That would indeed be fascinating, Kali.

Such a tricky path ahead for them, I fear. To have grown up with such a degree of intergenerational pathology is just mind-blowing. In an ideal world the children would receive intense - and long-term! - therapeutic assistance to re-learn the world and cope with the trauma they've lived to this point. My heart goes out to them - the degree of trauma in their systems will be huge.

A couple of reports which mention why the case details were published....

In a rare move, the court published its decision as it set new grounds for when children could be permanently removed

http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/20203674/shocking-case-of-intergenerational-child-abuse/

Sickening details of generations of child abuse were published by news.com.au, drawing on a judgement from the New South Wales Children's Court which, in a rare step, agreed to make its findings public.

http://www.coloradonewsday.com/nati...ncest-cult-found-living-deformed-and-mute-in-

I just don't understand how the adults got away with this for so long??!! One of the articles says two of the teenagers attended school and were made to shower before class because of their lack of hygiene - surely that should have triggered intervention??

I know DOCS/DOHS are seriously overworked (my first job as a psych was with DOCS) but this is such an extreme case. It's not like nobody had any contact at all with the family - the whole town was talking about it. That's seriously alarming to me. These children could probably have been helped far earlier......

Just started reading the legal document and I see there were 7 Risk of Significant Harm reports made from Feb 2010 to July 2012! Why SO long to act? Am relieved however to see that people were actually reporting their concerns.

It's infuriating, the lack of genuine protection for children in danger in this country. I worked in that system for two years and it was an uphill battle all the way to remove children from the most appalling situations. Was so frustrating. As this case shows, something seriously needs to change!!! (Will climb off the soapbox now!!)

Me again! (hard to be quiet about this case).

I just wanted to say that the CaseLaw document is likely to traumatise people reading it. The detail of sexualised behaviours and sexual abuse is overt and I'm surprised they've released this to the general public. Information like that is usually only shared amongst trained professionals - and even then it can still be traumatic. We would typically debrief in supervision to allow us to process this kind of information. Read it with care, if you read it at all :seeya:

*bumps Isis off her soapbox* :giggle:

Well, when you look at the case of little Tanilla Warwick-Deaves, the horrific and obvious to all abuse going on there, the ---33--- reports to that effect made to DOCS during her two years of life.. and nothing was done about that...so poor little Tanilla died. :( How many other child deaths have there been in recent years, which could have been prevented if their urgent cases got the appropriate level of attention?

NSW has been heavily in the spotlight for concerns regarding its child welfare cases. and for good reason. I think the entire system needs overhauling on a national scale, both for the sake of the kids -and- the workers...

*deep breath*

Anyway, I am not surprised that ONLY seven reports resulted in those kids being left as-is for so long. Not surprised, at all.

*bumps Isis off her soapbox* :giggle:

Well, when you look at the case of little Tanilla Warwick-Deaves, the horrific and obvious to all abuse going on there, the ---33--- reports to that effect made to DOCS during her two years of life.. and nothing was done about that...so poor little Tanilla died. :( How many other child deaths have there been in recent years, which could have been prevented if their urgect cases got the appropriate level of attention?

NSW has been heavily in the spotlight for concerns regarding its child welfare cases. and for good reason. I think the entire system needs overhauling on a national scale, both for the sake of the kids -and- the workers...

*deep breath*

Anyway, I am not surprised that ONLY seven reports resulted in those kids being left as-is for so long. Not surprised, at all.

Sadly, you're right Ausgirl. But it just shouldn't be that seven reports is seen as not many.......and it is a nationwide overhaul that is needed -the system has the same problems in every state.

Obviously a smart beginning would be to employ more staff so they can actually do their jobs properly - but that would cost money and the political machine doesn't really care about the 'underclass' that these children-at-risk come from.:banghead:

Now I'm done! Going to go and chill out......

Just started reading the legal document and I see there were 7 Risk of Significant Harm reports made from Feb 2010 to July 2012! Why SO long to act? Am relieved however to see that people were actually reporting their concerns.

It's infuriating, the lack of genuine protection for children in danger in this country. I worked in that system for two years and it was an uphill battle all the way to remove children from the most appalling situations. Was so frustrating. As this case shows, something seriously needs to change!!! (Will climb off the soapbox now!!)

If I could ask...what was the main obstacle when it came to having the children removed??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back