GUILTY Australia - Depraved secrets in a country town ..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's sad. Those adults are victims too. It's all any of them Know. Yes it is criminal and very wrong, but all they know going back several generations. Unfortunately, they can be cleaned up, educated within their abilities, counseled and regardless, they better be watched or they will all even down to young Cindy, continue to find new victims.

You make a very good - and compassionate - point, killarney rose.

I completely agree with you - it's all they've known and yes, they do need to be watched or they will indeed continue to act out the abuse on others.

New article, bit more florid than the ones before: http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...-sinister-secret/story-fnii5s3x-1226782804882

Looks like the reporters got to talk to some more of the locals. Not much new info though.

"They belonged to the children who lived here in the decrepit sheds and corroded caravans on this scrubby acre, without electricity, running water or hope."

"Stunning and endless grasslands surround the tiny shell of a community snatched from the annals of the Bronze Age or some backward third-world village. But one that existed, until last year, no more than two hours from the country's capital."

Calm down Murcoch Press .. this isn't A la recherche du temps perdu .. the wood pile is interesting though, it's almost like a sort of installation ..

804770-252f8f0e-63c5-11e3-bb71-e2c853748ae0.jpg

Lol, Mrs. G - florid is right.

But it -did- remind me that in the report, it was stated the family earned some of their money cutting and selling firewood. So there's where part of their income came from.

eta: think about all the critters that would love living in that woodpile.. condos for snakes, LOL.

Here's another salacious article - I see MSM is calling the whole place Incest Farm now. Creative!

This article says, at the end;

"Federal authorities and child protection agencies across several states are investigating how several generations of children fell through the cracks to be subjected to terrible abuse at the hands of their parents."

Please may this case prompt radical change in the system!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/12/14/10/13/teen-from-nsw-incest-family-showered-at-school

Oh funny .. MSM have missed their moment I think, this story emerged at the wrong time of the year.

"Raylene, 30, is the oldest child of Betty, who has 30 children."

Bit of a typing error in that article!

The daily mail has a new article out today. Detailing that they got their money from welfare cheques and shows some photos Of the camp. Claiming that they are keeping the name of the nearest town secret etc but it's named in the law document, so I know where it is, not very secret!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just checked Daily Mail .. They've used all the stock shots that were in the original article .. As in none of those were right .. Genius! Oh and Bowral wasn't it .. Yes I bet they're shocked .. For those not from NSW Bowral and district is where all the proper people live.

I don't suppose it would be legal for the judge to order sterilisation of the whole bunch?

I was able to read the whole report and noted that at least 2 of the little girls, one only 7 years old, was being regularly raped, in multiple manners by a minimum of 7 male relatives. I cannot imagine the damage done, the pain and suffering. And likely the worst was telling her mom and her mom blaming her for the abuse.

This is sickening and heart breaking. I wonder if these children can ever be rehabilitated.

I think this multi-generational depravity has probably caused more absolute misery than we will ever know. If the smallest was being raped at 5 years old, it likely began in infancy and how do you even have a hope of a normal life when this is all you've ever known?

I fear for the other foster children within the families who have taken the Colt children in. I hope they are being well monitored.

Just as an aside, it's somehow amazing now to think that, in England, even (and especially) among the moneyed and titled elite, the discussion of whether or not marrying one's first cousin was in best interests carried on well into the Edwardian era. Reading a book by Charles Darwin's granddaughter about growing up in Cambridge in the fin de siècle 19th c., and even among the best-educated it was still a point of contention.

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you "purposefully miscarry"? Is that another name for abortion?

I may have missed it, but I don't think the court decision said anything about the miscarriages being purposeful; it just said that (according to one family member) they had occurred. I wonder where journalists got the claim that they were "purposeful" from?

It is understood that Duke died earlier this year after fathering a child with his sister.

What the? How did Duke die?

Maybe from some congenital illness? We know one child was born with Zellweger's syndrome and died as an infant; another child died at two months, though I don't believe the cause has been revealed. The inbred children sound like they have various kinds of genetic disorders on top of the effects of neglect (whereas the one non-inbred child does not).

It's (morbidly) interesting to wonder how long this could have continued. Surely at some point all offspring would either have died before reaching reproductive age, or been infertile or physically incapable of having sex.

I found it surprising that Cindy, the youngest non inbred child, was described as being bright and smart (or along the lines of). Did they treat her differently because her father was an outsider? Or was she in better health because better genetics? Im sure I read on one of the linked articles they only introduced children to the sex when they were old enough to understand? Even though she would have been exposed to it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gawd this is the most awful story. They believe incest is a normal part of life. Didn't they wonder about what is normal and not normal? What about bathing, stinking,...I don't even know what to say. Sorry if this post makes no sense.

Speechless like the rest of you for a couple days now after reading. Expressing my thoughts couldn't even convey my feelings about how this has gone on for so long in a family of this size. No words.

Gawd this is the most awful story. They believe incest is a normal part of life. Didn't they wonder about what is normal and not normal? What about bathing, stinking,...I don't even know what to say. Sorry if this post makes no sense.

BBM I think that to any child, Cherie T, 'normal' is whatever they are brought up with in the home. They have no other frame of reference, particularly when they are kept in isolation from society the way these children have been. That's why - unfortunately in many cases - adults hold so much power over children……they create their universe and the child is powerless to change it :facepalm:

I have been racking my brains wondering how this family slipped through the net. They must have had social security numbers that could have been red flagged so that if they moved they could have done a welfare check on them. But it is the old story that all of these welfare agencies are overworked. Maybe no one was designated the job of checking people that moved as they had too many new cases.

Maybe the couple of kids who went to school got an idea of "normal"? They must have been more aware of how wrong their lives were. I wonder how they chose which ones went to school? I dont get why only a few went?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back