GUILTY Australia - Depraved secrets in a country town ..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the couple of kids who went to school got an idea of "normal"? They must have been more aware of how wrong their lives were. I wonder how they chose which ones went to school? I dont get why only a few went?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

IMO the kids who went to school would be more aware of 'normal' social behaviours - and they would have definitely seen that they weren't like the other kids in terms of cleanliness - but I don't know that we can assume that it altered their perspective of sexual abuse. I worked with many children who were being sexually abused at home and they went to school, yet their assumption was that sexual relations with parents was something that all their classmates were doing - but that it was just not talked about outside of the family system (which is what the perpetrators drum into them - to keep it quiet).

And yes, I too wonder why some kids were sent to school at all? Seems riskier for the family as it draws attention to them…….it's just all so weird, this case!:facepalm:

And yes, I too wonder why some kids were sent to school at all?

I get the impression that the parents sent them when social services forced them to. I guess they figured if they complied, it would stop authorities from investigating more closely.

I have been racking my brains wondering how this family slipped through the net. They must have had social security numbers that could have been red flagged so that if they moved they could have done a welfare check on them. But it is the old story that all of these welfare agencies are overworked. Maybe no one was designated the job of checking people that moved as they had too many new cases.

Surely they had a Medicare number?!

*toddles off think*

I'm so glad you said this Isis.

I no longer practice law because of the exposure to traumatic material with no opportunity to debrief whatsoever. It was never offered. I now have PTSD and depression.

Systematic exposure to traumatic material isn't recognised in the legal profession. Nor is "second hand shock syndrome" ie vicarious traumatisation, compassion fatigue and burnout. Noone wants to talk about it. Its all very neatly swept under the carpet and everybody wonders why the legal profession has the highest suicide rate?!

I ignored my own professional advice to myself and read the judgment. Yep, proceed with caution. Its heavy heavy stuff.

Slightly off topic, but, madamehdivision...in some ways, it's nice to know I'm not the only former lawyer here. Practicing law was a very heavy burden to me, and I burned out on it quickly. Most of my family and some of my friends don't understand why I walked away from that supposedly-promising career, but they don't understand how soul-draining it was. This case is an extreme example, but imagine being exposed to things like this every. single. day. Hugs, friend. Its heavy stuff indeed.

This is just horrible. I hope they can all overcome this, it's going to take a long time for some of them and some may never lead normal lives. Just wow.

I get the impression that the parents sent them when social services forced them to. I guess they figured if they complied, it would stop authorities from investigating more closely.
And ... they were right! It's pathetic to see that even an uneducated, backwoods clan can outsmart our social welfare system. :(

Three of the mothers/sisters/daughters who have been denied access to their children due to their complete denial of any sexual abuse, returned to court last week (pics at link, not sure what we're allowed to post so I'll play it safe)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ush-ordered-court-DNA-prove-sexual-abuse.html

- for the record, they were living in the bush west of Boorowa, near Young when the discoveries were made, not couple of hours south of Sydney as some sources indicated. That was one of the reasons they were unable to act immediately, no-one could find them out in the scrub & it took a few attempts before they were located.

Glad to see some developments on this case. It is hard for me to believe the degree of denial... or criminality. I am not sure what to think of these people.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e|1|link|homepage|homepage&itmt=1402525896489

How a school conversation exposed the incest of the ‘Colt’ family

IT was an almost unbelievable conversation overheard between children at school: “My sister is pregnant and we don’t know which of my brothers is the father.”

It was more than enough for one of the teachers at the southern NSW high school to alert authorities, which led to the exposure of a feral family and the worst case of incest and sexual abuse ever uncovered in Australia.

What triggered the raids on the isolated farm by police and the Department of Family and Community Services has been revealed in court documents as Parramatta Local Court has *ordered two of the family members to have DNA tests.

I read as much of the findings as I could handle and I have to say, I have no understanding of how that could happen

I read as much of the findings as I could handle and I have to say, I have no understanding of how that could happen

I've looked at the graph several times and I can't figure out how to even read it. I'm either really naive or stupid or both. I suppose it would help if I actually read the case details but I saw that the links were dead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...971539596?nk=5519fff1e93ce14fb6f4c26e417076f2

Incest accused flees to UK. Man at centre of Australia’s most shocking incest case sparks global manhunt

Charlie Colt (not his real name) boarded a flight to the UK from Melbourne last week. He had previously been hiding in Wodonga and Adelaide.

Investigators did not know of his escape until contacted by The Daily Telegraph last night.

He is accused of fathering three of the children in the infamous Colt family, sleeping regularly with his sister and engaging in sexual abuse too abhorrent for The Daily Telegraph to describe.

So how does this work ^^^ ? How does the tele know the whereabouts of and be in contact with a fugitive? He can be called that right? Is that aiding and abetting?

Am bumping this one up in hopes that someone is able to provide updates. IF (and that would be a stretch) if he is innocent he should man up on this ......

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...056605389?nk=21a56adf81430422f8af28d3fa8232d3

Betty Colt, alleged incest mother, found guilty of trying to kidnap her children from foster care

Hers is the first criminal conviction to stem from a widespread investigation into one of the most shocking case of alleged child abuse in Australia’s history.

Colt’s sons “Billy” and “Bobby” were removed from her care in the winter of 2012 after authorities investigated the family’s rural compound.

During a complex hearing magistrate Mary Ryan was told by the prosecution that Betty Colt smuggled her children, then in foster care, a mobile phone and charger by hiding them in jackets handed over at contact meetings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back