Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up on reading 27 pages. It is interesting that no description of what Elisa was likely wearing has been offered. If they were on holiday surely it would not be too difficult to eliminate which shoes were missing (if any), or whether her sleep wear from the Saturday night was located in the house suggesting she had changed into running gear.
A lot of runners wear smart watches (Fitbit etc) to track their progress, these often have inbuilt gps and can be synced to other devices. I wonder if Elisa wore one. I am not completely convinced that she went for a run though.....
Did someone let the dog out so as not to be disturbed?
The neighbour is certainly using some very strange body language, she seems to be trying to look like she has just woken up.

Yes. Contained in the link I provided, it clearly states to be ready with all pertinent information.

Discuss:
Any behavioural changes, personal, medical or emotional problems your family member, relative or friend may have experienced before they went missing.
Medication the person may use and what it is used to treat. Also provide information about any illegal drug use.
If the person has been reported missing before, the circumstances and where they were found.
Lists of friends, acquaintances, and anyone else who might have information or clues as to the whereabouts of your loved one. Try to include telephone numbers and addresses when available.
Your loved one’s interests, these may provide clues or further avenues for investigation.
Any plans to make your own enquiries or assist with the search.
Whether there is any action you need to take to preserve details for forensic collection i.e. you may need to limit access to your home until police have collected evidence or put aside items such as hair or toothbrushes for DNA collection.

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/someone-i-know-missing/what-happens-next/first-24-hours

That's one checklist I hope I'll never need!
ETA: -- Nor my husband!

It's always good to see your smiling fruity face pop up again!
Aw thanks! You wouldn't believe how busy life has been for me this year! Crazy stuff, but it's great to be back xo

I think we do need to be very careful with our speculations, at this point. I remember Tom Meagher being unfairly accused of having something to do with Jill's disappearance early in the picture - when, in fact, police very quickly had CCTV of Bayley following behind her and trying to chat her up on that fateful night.

We can be sure that police are, right at this moment, gathering all CCTV possible from the area, gathering phone records from the telecomms companies to establish where people were and when (this can be done very quickly), determining known sex offenders in the area and their whereabouts throughout the weekend, determining all kinds of things behind the scene.

Until we know that someone said they were somewhere that they weren't, or some other suspicious happening, we do not have a clue at this moment if anyone is involved in foul play in the disappearance of Elisa Curry. The police may know. But we do not .... yet.

I think we do need to be very careful with our speculations, at this point. I remember Tom Meagher being unfairly accused of having something to do with Jill's disappearance early in the picture - when, in fact, police very quickly had CCTV of Bayley following behind her and trying to chat her up on that fateful night.

We can be sure that police are, right at this moment, gathering all CCTV possible from the area, gathering phone records from the telecomms companies to establish where people were and when (this can be done very quickly), determining known sex offenders in the area and their whereabouts throughout the weekend, determining all kinds of things behind the scene.

Until we know that someone said they were somewhere that they weren't, or some other suspicious happening, we do not have a clue at this moment if anyone is involved in foul play in the disappearance of Elisa Curry. The police may know. But we do not .... yet.

Thanks SA - totally agree. You always have the words which I don't and articulate them so well

OK... I kinda know all that in general... but was just wondering which do you think... let me reword it to, do you think - in this possible foul play scenario - with all the changing (dis)information that you mentioned, that somebody wants the body found *soon*?
Or, are you just mentioning either scenario, but you don't generally feel one way or the other which one it might be?

My $0.02: if your marriage was falling apart, and you were envisaging heavy financial loss in having to keep on supporting your partner while she kept the family home and other assets, together with heavy emotional loss in losing daily contact with your kids, and you were facing that prospect of being shut out of the family life you'd worked so hard to create, while having to keep on paying for it to keep on going without you ... wouldn't it be so much easier, so much more simple, if your partner would just ... disappear.

My $0.02: if your marriage was falling apart, and you were envisaging heavy financial loss in having to keep on supporting your partner while she kept the family home and other assets, together with heavy emotional loss in losing daily contact with your kids, and you were facing that prospect of being shut out of the family life you'd worked so hard to create, while having to keep on paying for it to keep on going without you ... wouldn't it be so much easier, so much more simple, if your partner would just ... disappear.

But where is the foundation for this in this case ? its all speculation based on nothing

and so much less humiliating.. middle aged men ... a strange time, fraught with all the social prominence but with that inbuilt capacity to be terribly humiliated and embarrassed by an absconding , or about to abscond wife, or a wife that kicks you out and continues sashaying around the holiday home and the family home, hurling off letters, arguing,, all that stuff.... .. the kids, the rellies, the social circle. .

Disappearance has so much going for it, .........

Truth is apart from the general stats on “missing partners” we have next to nothing on this case.
Which is sort of odd? Apart from here on WS I’m not seeing an overwhelming amount? Or am I not paying attention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth is apart from the general stats on “missing partners” we have next to nothing on this case.
Which is sort of odd? Apart from here on WS I’m not seeing an overwhelming amount? Or am I not paying attention?

The police may have next to nothing on the case, at this point. Or they may have a lot more, by now, that they choose not to reveal. If they do not need the public's further assistance, if they are hot on someone's trail, if they do not need pressure applied to a particular person(s), they have no reason to release further details. Details that may compromise a future court case.

First things first. They need to find Elisa. To that end, they have released as much as the public needs to know.

You are correct. Everything we know which isn't much is what she been reported by MSM. The rest is speculation made by others which is unfounded and based on other cases and at this point unfair.

Sorry if I come across a snarky but I saw this unfold the same way with poor tom megaher. A lot of tails between the legs back then

The Herald Sun can reveal Mrs Curry, 43, contacted the newspaper in the hours before she disappeared from Aireys Inlet overnight Saturday.

Records show Mrs Curry sent the Herald Sun a text message at 2.21pm on Saturday to express her views on the same-sex marriage debate.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6

I hope that doesn't enlarge the suspect pool to 1/2 of Australia. .. Some one ought to check where Lyle Shelton was on Saturday, though...

A woman who lives nearby has told police she was with Mrs Curry at the family’s Aireys St holiday house and Mrs Curry was preparing for bed.

Mrs Curry had messaged her husband, David, who had been with couple’s children at the football.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6

Sounds to me, that 'watching the footy with neighbours' may have been done at Elisa's house. With Elisa preparing to go to bed/saying she was going to bed at the time the neighbours left.

Police will also have the content of all of Elisa's text messages by now, and know what was contained in those.

It is possible that she may not have put her phone on charge overnight (I know I often forget) and grabbed it in the morning to take on a morning run, not realising the battery was about to go flat.

If it was, in fact, Elisa that was seen running at around 8am, that could correlate with potential plans to meet her husband and children back at the house at around 9am.

I'm worried that tomorrows concentrated search around the house has already been compromised, with people possibly coming and going over the last four days.

I know... and tbh, I keep finding myself feeling sorry for her husband, but catch myself, because I don't want to then find out he's the one responsible.
That's why I want to rule him (any husband) out first...

I didn't follow Jill M's case, until after it was over, but I will say that the only case I ever felt from the start, that the husband (fiance) most *definitely did not* have anything to do whatsoever with his (soon to have been) wife's disappearance, was the Stephanie Scott case. That case still rips my heart to shreds. And I never, even for a second felt that AL-W had anything to do with it at all. That poor man. I don't know if he'll ever fully recover.
(Or her mum, with the added tragedy that followed last year. :( )

Anyway, I'm actually kinda leaning to Elisa's husband as being a simple victim here as well... just want to rule him out before I emote full sympathy.
Just a personal shield. Just looking for answers.

I know... and tbh, I keep finding myself feeling sorry for her husband, but catch myself, because I don't want to then find out he's the one responsible.
That's why I want to rule him (any husband) out first...

I didn't follow Jill M's case, until after it was over, but I will say that the only case I ever felt from the start, that the husband (fiance) most *definitely did not* have anything to do whatsoever with his (soon to have been) wife's disappearance, was the Stephanie Scott case. That case still rips my heart to shreds. And I never, even for a second felt that AL-W had anything to do with it at all. That poor man. I don't know if he'll ever fully recover.
(Or her mum, with the added tragedy that followed last year. :( )

Anyway, I'm actually kinda leaning to Elisa's husband as being a simple victim here as well... just want to rule him out before I emote full sympathy.
Just a personal shield. Just looking for answers.

I feel much the same way. I am a huge advocate for women, and despise that some husbands feel that their wives are disposable. I, too, never had a bad sense from Tom Meagher, and I am not yet getting a bad sense from Elisa's family.

Elisa's nearest will be ruled out as quickly as the police are able. It is the first thing that they do, where possible.

But finding Elisa is crucial. And whether or not anyone close to Elisa had anything to do with her disappearance, police will be playing their cards in the best way they see fit ... in their quest to find Elisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
londontolaw