Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
 ̄
Omg...
so DM has an article headlined with "Same-sex Marriage Twist"
...as if her text that day is why she's gone missing.
Sensationalistic crap.
Also, there was of course, the obligatory price of their home, as welll.
I didn't even click on it - that's what I could read from the preview on the Google search page.
Not even gonna link it. :facepalm:

I think it's safe to say Elisa Curry didn't take her own life, she wouldn't be concerned about texting the paper to air her opinion before committing suicide

Respectfully, SBM: I am reading along, so impressed by this Australian community. Just want to chime in to ask you to please don't assume that because someone does something like sending this text, that they may not be contemplating or actively planning suicide. Many people act "as if" right up until they take their own lives, time and time again, to the bewilderment of those who knew and loved these people.

I absolutely do not at all think that is what happened here with Elisa, just wanted to weigh in to caution anyone from making this assumption now or in the future. Those who work in this field know all too well there is no pattern and "the signs" (pointing to suicide) vary by case, if signs exist at all.

That said, this is heartbreaking for those who know and Love Elisa and I really hope she is safe somewhere, but I am not optimistic. So sad...

As some of you have stated, I feel that the dog has the answers if only he/she could talk.

Something bad has happened at the holiday house that has terrified the dog to run and seek comfort at a neighbour's home, as pet dogs can be highly intuitive.

If nothing bad happened at the holiday house, you would expect the pet dog to be there waiting to be fed & watered when husband and children arrived there. I wonder if Elisa and family spent much time at that neighbour's house?

Also, remember that neighbour RB was the last person to see Elisa alive and she left her house to work a night shift, so someone (probably a neighbour or husband) knew that that was the best time to act (could "possibly" have been the husband or a neighbour)? :thinking:...MOO

̄
Omg...
so DM has an article headlined with "Same-sex Marriage Twist"
...as if her text that day is why she's gone missing.
Sensationalistic crap.
Also, there was of course, the obligatory price of their home, as welll.
I didn't even click on it - that's what I could read from the preview on the Google search page.
Not even gonna link it. :facepalm:

Got to take the good with the bad with Daily Mail. When it comes to crime cases, they are often better at citing sources and writing long form articles with details than most other outlets.

In some ways I think the reporting of the message does paint a bit of a picture. She is sitting around with friends, before the big match, everyone will be talking and having a good time. Her message is quite personal in her expression of warmth towards gay people. I share her SSM views and I never thought to couch it in my personal feelings towards people I specifically know. What spurred this affirmation? Something in that social interaction I imagine.

Looking at the dog's body language I'm guessing he witnessed something very upsetting. This is not a "I got left outside by accident" canine demeanor. That dog is clearly shaken and frightened. I personally think something happened to her close by her home.

Mystery surrounding Elisa Curry's disappearance deepens as police shift search
The Age
Anna Prytz
45 mins ago (as at 10:45 AEST 5 October 2017)

‘Mystery surrounding the disappearance of Elisa Curry has deepened, as police shift their search for the missing mother from bushland near her family's holiday home to neighbouring properties.

An intensive four-day hunt has yielded no sign of the 43-year-old mother of three and keen marathon runner who was last seen at her family's holiday home in Aireys Inlet, near the Great Ocean Road, on Saturday night.

State Emergency Service, the Country Fire Authority, Parks Victoria and police Airwing personnel spent days searching bushland, beaches and cliffs within a 20-kilometre radius of the Currys' holiday home.

But those search crews were stood down on Wednesday afternoon.

"Unfortunately the best medical advice is that if she is in the bush that the chances of her being alive are very remote," Inspector Peter Seel told Channel Seven.

The search will be turned over to police, who will focus their efforts on a 150-metre radius of the Currys' home on Aireys Street.

Police will spend the day doorknocking the Currys' neighbours in the small holiday town, and checking backyards and sheds.

Inspector Seel said Ms Curry's husband David and three young children, aged seven to 12, were "very distressed”.

There has been no sign of Ms Curry since a neighbour visited her about 10pm on Saturday.

Details of Ms Curry's movements on the day she disappeared are still unclear.

There had been speculation she went for a late night run with the family dog, but Inspector Seel said on Wednesday that was "doubtful".

"Without any real witnesses to tell us she was seen leaving the home [at] whatever time on Sunday morning or the middle of the night, we just don't know," Inspector Seel said.

Ms Curry's husband reported her missing on Sunday morning after arriving home to find his wife, her mobile phone and the family's black labrador gone.

The dog was found by a neighbour distressed and roaming the streets late on Monday afternoon.

Inspector Seel eliminated the theory Ms Curry had taken the family dog for a run and said it more likely the Labrador had escaped.

An Aireys Inlet neighbour said many locals had joined the search.

"You can't help but keep looking," she said.

"She's a mother and a daughter and a wife and a friend."

Anyone who has information or sees Ms Curry is urged to phone triple zero.’

Read more at:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...s-as-police-shift-search-20171004-gyujoz.html

attachment.php

The Curry's black labrador was found by a neighbour distressed and roaming the streets late on Monday afternoon.

Photo: Channel Seven.
Source: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...s-as-police-shift-search-20171004-gyujoz.html

Head down, tail down (almost between his/her legs), body hunched over. He/she is still one ‘visibly distressed’ dog, even at home. I wonder how much time has elapsed between Elisa’s dog being found and this vision being taken. Also how much time he/she could be spending at a particular part of their yard.

Attachments

• A857959E-3EF2-4F5E-80D2-DE619AEAB109.jpeg
    A857959E-3EF2-4F5E-80D2-DE619AEAB109.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 169
Nothing weird at all about the husband and kids leaving early Sunday morning. It's not personal posters experience of their kids not getting up at that time ect. To me it's totally plausible, seize the day and make the most of it particularly if Monday was a work day . Get as much out of Sunday as you can.

Just saying if i woke or suggested my children get up at 0600 after a long day....and return from the footy, especially given the fact it is school holidays....i would get some serious pushback. I would have problems even getting my dog in the car. But thats just me.

House is at 16 aireys st Aireys inlet.
House is very open to the street on a corner.

Without any real witnesses to tell us she was seen leaving the home [at] whatever time on Sunday morning or the middle of the night, we just don't know," Inspector Seel said.

What's with the middle of the night thing. Why are they throwing this out as a possibility......?

Just saying if i woke or suggested my children get up at 0600 after a long day....and return from the footy, especially given the fact it is school holidays....i would get some serious pushback. I would have problems even getting my dog in the car. But thats just me.

Yes but imagine he's rung her when he got home the night before and the phone is off. And it is never off. Or she doesn't answer and she always does or rings back. And then he tries again in half an hour and thinks, well maybe she fell asleep and it went flat or that's why she isn't answering. He wakes up in the morning and tries again. It's still off or now going straight to VM. Feeling uneasy. Tries again. Decides to poke the kids awake and hit the road, doesn't care if they grumble. He rings on the way. He gets to the house and she is gone, and there's no phone. He's thinking if she was ok to get up and go, she would have charged and switched the phone on, seen the missed calls, etc.

Obviously this is all speculation, we don't know when the phone started going to voicemail. I don't think it is unusual that he might have headed down there early as part of the routine or because he was uneasy with a lack of communication.

We don't have this narrative from him because he appears to be talking to the police, not the media, like the neighbour who last saw her.

Without any real witnesses to tell us she was seen leaving the home [at] whatever time on Sunday morning or the middle of the night, we just don't know," Inspector Seel said.

What's with the middle of the night thing. Why are they throwing this out as a possibility......?

I reckon there's been some really bad reporting on this case. It is really annoying, because I know they need to say something when someone is missing, but they should be more careful.

Got to take the good with the bad with Daily Mail. When it comes to crime cases, they are often better at citing sources and writing long form articles with details than most other outlets.
[...]
(rsbm)

Yes.. I do agree with that, and have actually written a post or two in DM's defence before. :) I meant to add that disclaimer in, as well, but was just a bit riled, I guess. Oops.
The reporting of her text is a good thing (imo) and t was annoyed only with the sensationalistic headline.
And by now, I suppose I've come to find the mention of the price of the home endearing. lol
And they are the best for photos.

Yes but imagine he's rung her when he got home the night before and the phone is off. And it is never off. Or she doesn't answer and she always does or rings back. And then he tries again in half an hour and thinks, well maybe she fell asleep and it went flat or that's why she isn't answering. He wakes up in the morning and tries again. It's still off or now going straight to VM. Feeling uneasy. Tries again. Decides to poke the kids awake and hit the road, doesn't care if they grumble. He rings on the way. He gets to the house and she is gone, and there's no phone. He's thinking if she was ok to get up and go, she would have charged and switched the phone on, seen the missed calls, etc

That could account for reporting her missing so quickly? Or suspecting something had happened to her...

I would be concerned if I couldn't contact my husband after a night away.

Looking at the dog's body language I'm guessing he witnessed something very upsetting. This is not a "I got left outside by accident" canine demeanor. That dog is clearly shaken and frightened. I personally think something happened to her close by her home.

Can you link the video, please? I've only seen one where doggy is sniffing the ground, nibbling on something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018