Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me either. :(

I just hope that the children are not going to lose their mother and their father. I hope that someone hasn't been foolish, like too many others have been .... leaving their children without any parents to share their daily lives with.

Too right SA so many DV murders in the last couple of weeks. It's terrifying.

Even allowing an hour to get out of the MCG (stadium) plus travel by public transport (there was no public parking allowed at the G unlike previous years, precaution against terrorism). they would have been back in Surrey hills between 7-8pm most likely.

̄
Sorry for so many posts today, everyone. Just a bit antsy over this case for some reason. (And I think I had too much caffeine today.)
You'll get a break from me tomorrow though - must help hubby with work.
Meanwhile, thanks for putting up with me. :seeya:
Hope this is resolved soon.
Poor kids.

RSBM

I don't know about the exact ages of the children, but they are stated as being young.

“We’re not actually convinced she did go for a run at this stage, there’s a lot of unknown in this inquiry,” Snr Sgt Wilby said.
“The husband is quite distraught and three young kids would be quite upset.”
https://www.3aw.com.au/mother-of-three-missing-on-victorias-surf-coast/

Did these young children go with their father Sunday morning. Surely they weren't left home alone.

But when her husband David returned to the family’s holiday home on Sunday morning she could not be found.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6

Tread very carefully folks since there are no named suspects or POI's.

FGeR0NBMAE46L-TwoqSjRtIpTFOMZ5ddg_plD80fgMjfDg6tOcdy2zG8BCeZQ9vYqcB7PSA=s85

Was the husband there celebrating with Elisa and the neighbours and where did he go Sunday morning?
Did they regularly visit this holiday home?

(rsbm)
Husband and kids were in Melbourne at the stadium.
Spent the night at their Surrey Hills home.
He (or they) went to Aireys Inlet Sunday morning (not sure what time); she was missing.

̄
OK, so now, I am wondering...
she spent Saturday evening with the neighbours.
Who all was there? There may have been some creepy visitor (or creepy neighbour) there, who knew she was alone that night.

I wonder if the 08:00-ish witness can describe what the woman was wearing, and if that sounds like a running outfit that Elisa owns.

(rsbm)
Husband and kids were in Melbourne at the stadium.
Spent the night at their Surrey Hills home.
He (or they) went to Aireys Inlet Sunday morning (not sure what time); she was missing.

Oh I have it wrong then. Husband was nowhere near Elisa that night.
It sounds like he has a good alibi then.

Oh I have it wrong then. Husband was nowhere near Elisa that night.
It sounds like he has a good alibi then.

Yes, it does TGY. Then again, Gerard was highly indignant at the suggestion that he might have left his children alone at any time the night Allison disappeared.

The thing is, Elisa Curry could have been abducted while running or walking out on her own. I think I saw her height as 167cm; and with a lean build, so quite a petite woman. I prefer very early morning walks myself (fair skin, don't like sun) - but there are very few walkers out at that time, and it makes me really nervous when I think a passing car is slowing down, even though this is a built up area. Whereas I gather she could have been on quite a lonely stretch of road.

RSBM

My first thought about that letter to the editor:

... was that surely she couldn't be serious. The sticker on her luxury car, and telling everyone who asks, and even those who don't, where her kids go to school? :waitasec: Tongue in cheek?

Oh my, I can't tell if it is tongue in cheek or not but you might be onto something. I took her seriously and thought she was very pretentious, but now I think you might be right. There was another one where she said people should book a 5 star hotel for the weekend if they want glitz and I thought, "How stupid can she be to think everyone can afford that?!?" but now I totally see that as possible tongue in cheek. :facepalm: That makes me like her so much more. Thank you!

Can someone embed the video, please?
I can't access heraldsun... :(

The Herald Sun video is by 7 News. I can't find it but maybe you will have better luck search 7 News for it. It doesn't really have anything new except he says his name before speaking and it is a different camera angle where you see the cop in the background. Here is a similar camera angle by 9 News: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/03/11/20/elisa-curry-missing-aireys-inlet-melbourne

[h=1]Family of missing Melbourne mum ‘falling apart’[/h]
Family and friends of missing Melbourne mum Elisa Curry say they’re just trying to keep life normal for her three children, as a major search enters its third day.
The 42-year-old hasn’t been seen or heard from since 10.30pm on Saturday with over 50 SES, police and Parks Victoria personnel ready to search land and sea today.

Investigators have told 9NEWS the family is “falling apart” under the stress of the search and are considering calling in counsellors to assist.
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/family-of-missing-melbourne-mum-‘falling-apart’/ar-AAsPXtl

I keep going back to the dog.

Given he was found alive, I think it was either foul play by someone close to her...they didn't want to (or couldn't bring themselves to) hurt the dog, BUT, they had to create the story that she could have been out walking him so they let him out in the bush somewhere
OR
she has actually had an accident whilst out walking the doggo.

I just think that if she encountered a random psycho whilst out walking they would have no problem in also harming the dog. Most dogs will bark if they think their owners are under attack which could draw unwanted attention.

Or if she went willingly, would she really leave the doggo to run free? The dog she has (I assume) driven 2 hours to the holiday home so it wouldn't be left alone whilst the rest of the family went to football? (assuming they were staying at Surrey Hills property that night)

MOO :moo:
Disclaimer: this is coming from a massive dog lover, so thoughts could be clouded. :crazy:

The Herald Sun video is by 7 News. I can't find it but maybe you will have better luck search 7 News for it. It doesn't really have anything new except he says his name before speaking and it is a different camera angle where you see the cop in the background. Here is a similar camera angle by 9 News: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/03/11/20/elisa-curry-missing-aireys-inlet-melbourne

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6

Check out @Hwtippet’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Hwtippet/status/915022444317990912?s=09

Just jumping off your post, della .....

I just saw this replayed on morning TV news, where his face is presented on a larger scale. His eyes looked glistening wet and tinged with red. He had been crying. The monotone voice of a man keeping it together, doing something he wished he didn't have to do, but it was necessary. I am not seeing anything hinky with this presser.

In fact it reminded me a bit of Tom Meagher's appeal. And I didn't feel he had involvement either.

A few (more coherent?) details here:

Husband's plea: 'Elisa, if you're out there, can you please contact us'
The Age
Tammy Mills
14 hrs ago (as at 07:51 AEST 4 October 2017)

‘The 43-year-old was last seen by neighbours who visited her at the family's Aireys Inlet holiday home at 10.30pm on Saturday.’

‘Police believe she slept in her bed on Saturday night, but there was no sign of her or the family dog when her husband David Curry and their three children - aged between seven and 12 - returned on Sunday morning after going to the AFL grand final.’

‘It is possible Ms Curry went for her regular run between Aireys Inlet and Lorne on Sunday morning and injured herself or became lost, but police found no trace of her near the back tracks on Tuesday.’

‘"We're none the wiser," Senior Sergeant Robert Wilby said.

"We've had snippets of people seeing a woman matching her description north, south, east and west of the area, but we haven't identified anything concrete in that."

The family dog, a black labrador, was found by a neighbour roaming the streets late on Monday afternoon. The dog is normally kept in the yard of the holiday house and police don't know if Ms Curry took the dog with her when she left home.

Police also don't believe she met with foul play - there were no signs of a break-in or scuffle - and her mobile phone and her bank accounts have not been touched.’​

Read more at:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ails-to-find-elisa-curry-20171002-gyt3mf.html

It worries me that there’s an assumption that Elisa slept in her bed all of Saturday night. She may have gotten into her bed but that doesn’t mean she stayed there all night.

It also worries me that Elisa’s dog was found outside of the fenced yard. How did her dog get out? Is it usual for Elisa to take her dog out with her? It doesn’t seem as if she/he is normally allowed roam freely in the neighbourhood.

Also, it’s assumed that there was no sign of a struggle. Maybe not inside but what about outside, especially outside of the gate? How would anyone ascertain that given the ground is sandy soil? Any sign of a struggle would be easily blotted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth