Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really believe this is suicide and I would imagine her husband is trying to keep things together for their kids. If what has been said about her is true as in alcoholism and mental health issues it has most likely been an ongoing spiral for quite some time. He may well just be a very private person and having him and his family thrown into the media would be very confronting and also embarrassing. The only thing I find odd is the fact she took her phone but didn't turn it back on? to me the phone would be a lifeline a way to stop myself doing something stupid so to speak.

Someone posted this link earlier in the thread:
https://www.domain.com.au/property-profile/16-aireys-street-aireys-inlet-vic-3231

If you click on the photos, it says that the property was listed in Feb 2017. According to real estate records I can find, the property was last purchased in 5- which means it is still for sale, from the feb listing. It still has a current domain listing.

According to the neighbour, Elisa was at the holiday home every weekend. She loved it there
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/02/13/27/victorian-mother-missing-after-afl-grand-final

But the family is selling up. I wonder if an offer has been made on the house? An offer that made her so upset, the neighbour went back to check on her?

Someone posted this link earlier in the thread:
https://www.domain.com.au/property-profile/16-aireys-street-aireys-inlet-vic-3231

If you click on the photos, it says that the property was listed in Feb 2017. According to real estate records I can find, the property was last purchased in 5- which means it is still for sale, from the feb listing. It still has a current domain listing.

According to the neighbour, Elisa was at the holiday home every weekend. She loved it there
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/02/13/27/victorian-mother-missing-after-afl-grand-final

But the family is selling up. I wonder if an offer has been made on the house? An offer that made her so upset, the neighbour went back to check on her?

I find it interesting that it is listed on Domain, where anyone can list their property for sale. On the site that most realtors use to advertise, it does not seem to be listed for current sale (just sold in Dec 2015).

I wonder if there is an attempt to avoid the huge realtor percentage fee for the sale of a property of that sale value.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-vic-aireys+inlet-120896621

I find it interesting that it is listed on Domain, where anyone can list their property for sale. On the site that most realtors use to advertise, it does not seem to be listed for current sale (just sold in Dec 2015).

I wonder if there is an attempt to avoid the huge realtor percentage fee for the sale of a property of that sale value.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-vic-aireys+inlet-120896621

Avoiding the fees could well be the reason.

Ok, new here, so hopefully I don't come across as a bumbling fool. After reading all of this thread (when I should be doing homework), I'm now more confused than ever. My main questions are:

1. Can they tell which device was used to delete her FB account? Is this a red herring?
2. Can they track all messages that went in and out of Airey's Inlet towers? Are police able to read them?
3. How frantic was DC in trying to contact her throughout the night?
4. Why did she not say good night to her kids or husband?
5. Why would she turn her phone off when home in a house surrounded by bush, all alone. And without her kids?
6. Why did DC get up and out of the house so early on a Sunday after a big day at the footy?
7. Who did DC spend the Saturday evening with? Just the kids? Friends?
8. Why would DC automatically assume she was missing when he got back so early in the day? Why wouldn't he think she had just taken the dog for a walk, or gone for a coffee and wait a bit to see if she comes back?

I've concocted an insane story in my head that DC had her killed for assets and insurances purposes. But someone would have heard a car driving on a dirt road that late at night, the dog would have barked his head off, and how would the hitman know when the coast was clear with that neighbour going back and fourth like that. Sadly, i think a lot of the WS are right, suicide (possibly by drowning) looking like the most plausible explanation. Dog knew something was wrong, and went to find her.

That's a really good point, I wonder if the leash was missing and if they tested the dog for any blood. My pet lab was a sweetheart but was very protective of his family.

I am really leaning towards a random person, I share other people's sense that the husband is unlikely and feel like we are making the mistake of only looking at the players we are aware of. But we don't have the full investigation or really know anything about her.

On a warm, long weekend there are so many people out of town in the Great Ocean Road area. It is still possible she was grabbed when running and was driven elsewhere, dead or alive.

I really feel for the family.
(bbm)
Great post! Right, is the leash accounted for?
re: bolded, I had mentioned this earlier, as well -- but then it seems that she may not have been running afterall, esp b/c her fitbit was left behind.
But, I was thinking (uh-oh), that maybe she *did* go on a run, and deliberately left her fitbit behind, b/c she new it was going to be a crappy run (hangover and all), and didn't want to bother with the fitbit, since it would record crappy stats. (Only a perfectionist might understand this one.)
But still doesn't explain how doggy got out, if she didn't usually bring the pup along. (I wish we knew the dog's name.)

I have to say, I am becoming more and more interested in the financial position of this family. Two expensive homes, expensive council rates, private school fees/laptops/books/uniforms, all the trappings of raising three children, a private struggle with an inheritance .... who knows what other financial obligations there are .... perhaps car loans, are their expensive higher education loans all paid up? have they had some dicey investments that have failed?

And one income.

Avoiding the fees could well be the reason.

3 reasons people sell up
1) divorce
2) major money issues/overwhelming debts no longer able to keep up with
3) upgrading

First 2 scenarios seem most probable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes this case makes me think of Daniel O'Keeffe.

“We know what happened to him. I don’t have any unanswered questions. We know that he took his own life and he never left home. He loved being at home with us, and we had lots of happy memories in that home. He just chose to make sure that he would stay with us forever,” Mrs O’Keeffe said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...b67ef78e583f91

That quote by his Mother is excruciatingly sad, sweet, and beautiful.

Heart-rending, and gut-wrenching. :(

I do wonder why her sibling is not talking to the media. The whole dispute about the inheritance thing when it appears there was only Elisa and her sibling in the family makes me think the dispute was between the two of them.
And as others have said the lack of photos is strange. I have no visual of what EC looks like apart from her face in close up so if I saw her at the shops etc wouldn't know if it was her - height, body shape, build etc.

Right!

I'd read-athletic build quite a bit, (marathons) and did finally read her height
- 167cm, so kinda tall. Taller than I, anyway.

If it was suicide, and the family and police have more clues than they have told us. Why would they publicise the case so much? Don't the police usually want to keep suicide stories under wraps? I don't think the police are wholly convinced this is suicide.

But surely the only photo they release wouldnt be one that alters her normal appearance?

Unless of course she wore coloured contacts everyday

Do driver's license in Australia have eye-color listed?

Trooper, I feel some of your comments re mental illness and suicide are a little insensitive, considering we also have members here on these threads who have lost family members and loved ones due to mental illness and suicide.

They are not matters to joke about and I feel that a little more respect should be shown in Elisa's case !!!

Trooper jokes a bit, but I for one, didn't feel she was joking in that post.
fwiw, anyway.

A very large income no doubt...

Without a doubt. However, consider this ....

$5,516 monthly repayment on beach house
$11,032 monthly repayment on Surrey Hills home (taking the median price of home there)
$7,500 monthly fees for 3 children in private school

That is $24,048 per MONTH already ... $288,576 per YEAR. Excluding food costs, electricity/water/gas costs, petrol costs, insurance costs, clothing costs, car loans, extracurricular activities, holidays, whatever.

Even if I am marginally off in the private school fees (though I took figures from 3 years ago), he would have to be on an amazingly high salary to afford anything close to covering all of these expenses ... alone.

https://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/home-loans/calculator/mortgage-repayment/
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...s/news-story/57156f21cc71c89ee469c52ca1e145aa

Do driver's license in Australia have eye-color listed?

I just checked and mine doesn't, but I'm in NSW and Elisa is in Vic so it may be different (they're issued by state, not nationally).

My husband took his life, I don’t find any of these comments personal or offends. The facts are mental health is a huge problem and NO one sufferer is the same, although they have some similar behaviours. I tend to agree they can be unpredictable and scary. Only through instinct did I manage to not be a taken with him. This stuff isn’t personal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had wanted to say it earlier, from your first post on this, but then it ended up being so behind in the thread, but I shall say it now, with this one.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. And thank you so much for being so open, and allowing us to share; and helping us to to learn about personal situations. As fhey may share a single common thread, they are all unique.
I appreciate your posts.
:grouphug:

Without a doubt. However, consider this ....

$5,516 monthly repayment on beach house
$11,032 monthly repayment on Surrey Hills home (taking the median price of home there)
$7,500 monthly fees for 3 children in private school

That is $24,048 per MONTH already ... $288,576 per YEAR. Excluding food costs, electricity/water/gas costs, petrol costs, insurance costs, clothing costs, car loans, whatever.

Even if I am marginally off in the private school fees (though I took figures from 3 years ago), he would have to be on an amazingly high salary to afford anything close to covering all of these expenses ... alone.

https://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/home-loans/calculator/mortgage-repayment/
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...s/news-story/57156f21cc71c89ee469c52ca1e145aa

What makes you think the houses are mortgaged?

What makes you think the houses are mortgaged?

It is the usual way of us Aussies. I haven't heard that either of them are independently wealthy, enough to pay cash for a $1,000,000 or $2,000,000 home. So it is a presumption ... and a discussion thought.

Have you read differently?

I have also been trying to find what a man in his position would make, because the financial aspect interests me, and the police are looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi