Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend wears her coloured contacts every day. She cannot see well without them. They are not just for the colour, they are also to correct her vision. They go in when she gets out of bed in the morning, they come out when she goes to bed at night.
Is the colour in the contact lenses part of the corrective aspect of the lenses? Or just an aethestic option for corrective lenses? Either way, that's cool :) I know, completely off topic, but I've not heard of corrective lenses being coloured before, I thought it was purely a "fun" thing :)

Is the colour in the contact lenses part of the corrective aspect of the lenses? Or just an aethestic option for corrective lenses? Either way, that's cool :) I know, completely off topic, but I've not heard of corrective lenses being coloured before, I thought it was purely a "fun" thing :)

An aesthetic option. As BoysTown said, it is pricey.

Hi guys;
I'm a high functioning alcoholic with some mental conditions. I've attempted suicide a few times, and have children. I felt at the time I was a burden for them & they'd be better off without me. I did this drunk & on the spur of the moment & was very remorseful the next day. I did not leave notes or write them. I have a university degree & a successful career. Suicide, in my own personal experience comes from personal pain in an impulsive act wrapped up in long term depression and other mental illness. It's hard for the sufferers and their loved ones to cope with. Very complex. I'm not looking for sympathy.... just giving you insight into what some people are hypothesising in regard to this case, as far as alcohol, suicide & depression are concerned. I'm all good at the moment, but it's a messy beast to tango with. 😊

Trooper, I feel some of your comments re mental illness and suicide are a little insensitive, considering we also have members here on these threads who have lost family members and loved ones due to mental illness and suicide.

They are not matters to joke about and I feel that a little more respect should be shown in Elisa's case !!!

My husband took his life, I don’t find any of these comments personal or offends. The facts are mental health is a huge problem and NO one sufferer is the same, although they have some similar behaviours. I tend to agree they can be unpredictable and scary. Only through instinct did I manage to not be a taken with him. This stuff isn’t personal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys;
I'm a high functioning alcoholic with some mental conditions. I've attempted suicide a few times, and have children. I felt at the time I was a burden for them & they'd be better off without me. I did this drunk & on the spur of the moment & was very remorseful the next day. I did not leave notes or write them. I have a university degree & a successful career. Suicide, in my own personal experience comes from personal pain in an impulsive act wrapped up in long term depression and other mental illness. It's hard for the sufferers and their loved ones to cope with. Very complex. I'm not looking for sympathy.... just giving you insight into what some people are hypothesising in regard to this case, as far as alcohol, suicide & depression are concerned. I'm all good at the moment, but it's a messy beast to tango with. 😊

:welcome3:and :popcorn: <---------- share a snack with me.. .

I never cease to admire people who rip open the shirt and say, here, my heart.. . whaddaya say?..... your insight is priceless, and I am still smiling here, envisioning you tango'ing with the messy beast.... ..

[video=youtube;BKO6CDxreMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKO6CDxreMU[/video]

My husband took his life, I don&#8217;t find any of these comments personal or offends. The facts are mental health is a huge problem and NO one sufferer is the same, although they have some similar behaviours. I tend to agree they can be unpredictable and scary. Only through instinct did I manage to not be a taken with him. This stuff isn&#8217;t personal

And thank goodness you are still here. :)

If we had to tiptoe around everyone's feelings, there would be no discussion at all. Missing persons cases, murder cases, child abductions, sex offences, the crimes/potential crimes that we discuss here, are messy things and discussion frequently veers to the dark side of life. I think we all feel for these things very deeply, and in all seriousness, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Though the occassional jokes by our wonderful jokesters (eg: TGY ... and others :D ) are very welcome.

Welcome goodthing101
Thank you !!! Insightful
Keep that rose on your side of the dance :)

Thanks guys! Yep..... tangoing along and absolutely OWNING the dance floor. &#128378;&#127997;

The letters also reveal someone keenly aware of the struggles faced by modern women when it came to work and family.

In a May 2013 letter to The Age, she wrote: &#8220;I am a stay-at-home mother of three children and certainly don&#8217;t think of my role as a burden. I feel fortunate that I am able to look after my children ...

&#8220;I do feel strongly, however, about the real problem facing many women who have stayed at home &#8212; the potential for economic inequality later in life, *especially when a marriage breaks down.&#8221;

Several months later, she wrote to The Australian in *response to the tragic news of a mother who had been jailed after harming her children.

&#8220;We ask how did this happen in suburbia? The family landscape has changed; many mothers have no help with young children, and with fathers working long hours or suffering from mental illness themselves, the endless task of looking after young children is shouldered alone,&#8221; she wrote.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/82e66c6b32b03daabd66c6beb35bcb19

There are only two things at this point I'm semi-confident about: a.) the neighbor is just a goof ball and is not involved, and b.) if the husband is involved, he didn't sneak back and kill her himself. And I'm not all that confident in either of those things, nor do I have any reason to believe them besides my gut.
(rsbm)
Oh good, I'm glad to read this!
I think I've been the only one somewhat defending RB so far,
and have felt kinda :desert: -- and then a little worried.
I thought she'd be fun to have a drink and chat with.
But if I were to find out she were involved, then I'd be freaked
and question myself. lol

The letters also reveal someone keenly aware of the struggles faced by modern women when it came to work and family.

In a May 2013 letter to The Age, she wrote: &#8220;I am a stay-at-home mother of three children and certainly don&#8217;t think of my role as a burden. I feel fortunate that I am able to look after my children ...

&#8220;I do feel strongly, however, about the real problem facing many women who have stayed at home &#8212; the potential for economic inequality later in life, *especially when a marriage breaks down.&#8221;

Several months later, she wrote to The Australian in *response to the tragic news of a mother who had been jailed after harming her children.

&#8220;We ask how did this happen in suburbia? The family landscape has changed; many mothers have no help with young children, and with fathers working long hours or suffering from mental illness themselves, the endless task of looking after young children is shouldered alone,&#8221; she wrote.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/82e66c6b32b03daabd66c6beb35bcb19

whoa.. well spotted, Doctor!!... .. very pertinent in the light of current events... . .. I am beginning to think she was somewhat forced into a façade of someone else's fantasy, or /and expectations.. possibly some of her own expectations also .. which perhaps she didn't attain , and was punished for it, or , in the alternative theory , chose not to bother with it any longer...

I still have deep unresolved issues in regard to the current trend,, re the police. Naturally, I know better than they, :blushing: the utter absence of any clue whatsoever whichever position one takes... tooooooo neat, tooooo pristine, tooooo tidy.

I am beginning to wonder if this letter writing lark was her only outlet.. her only place of participation in the matter of having a voice about anything... the date, 2013, that's four years ago, a long long time to hang in there, against a stacked deck, as she seems to see it..

whoa.. well spotted, Doctor!!... .. very pertinent in the light of current events... . .. I am beginning to think she was somewhat forced into a façade of someone else's fantasy, or /and expectations.. possibly some of her own expectations also .. which perhaps she didn't attain , and was punished for it, or , in the alternative theory , chose not to bother with it any longer...

I still have deep unresolved issues in regard to the current trend,, re the police. Naturally, I know better than they, :blushing: the utter absence of any clue whatsoever whichever position one takes... tooooooo neat, tooooo pristine, tooooo tidy.

I am beginning to wonder if this letter writing lark was her only outlet.. her only place of participation in the matter of having a voice about anything... the date, 2013, that's four years ago, a long long time to hang in there, against a stacked deck, as she seems to see it..

Hanging in there! So many women “hang in there” some for decades. They hang in by drinking, shopping, feeding the needy and less fortunate all sorts of things that keep up appearances.
Women are constantly reminded they “should be grateful” if they have any so called standing in the community. We like to think women have equal rights and expectations, truth is they don’t. Responsible for the most part of the household chores, reading of children AND many have to hold jobs as well. Those that don’t seem to be more likely feel unfulfilled particularly if they have a degree of intelligence, EC IMO falls into this category from what I’ve seen of her letters.

Only my opinion of course

Sounds as though she can relate to the lonely feelings of a stay at home mum whose husband works long hours and may not be around too much.
In my experience, these types of mums encourage the happenings of the husband taking sole responsibility of the children for an outing or two (like the Grand Final), and enjoy 'escaping' from the almost-sole responsibility at times (marathon running, training).

I was speaking with a medical professional yesterday, whose medical-professional-husband stays at home every Friday with the kids (she covers most of the rest of the days herself). Her comment was that she enjoyed him being with them like this, he got a little taste of what it was like for her (could lead to more understanding between them as a couple), and it was good for the kids to be one-on-one with their father. He could get to know them better, they could get to know him better.

Hanging in there! So many women &#8220;hang in there&#8221; some for decades. They hang in by drinking, shopping, feeding the needy and less fortunate all sorts of things that keep up appearances.
Women are constantly reminded they &#8220;should be grateful&#8221; if they have any so called standing in the community. We like to think women have equal rights and expectations, truth is they don&#8217;t. Responsible for the most part of the household chores, reading of children AND many have to hold jobs as well. Those that don&#8217;t seem to be more likely feel unfulfilled particularly if they have a degree of intelligence, EC IMO falls into this category from what I&#8217;ve seen of her letters.

Only my opinion of course

Absobloodylutely.....

With her previous mental health struggles could someone carefully plan to make Elisa disappear and then make it appear she has self harmed. Maybe someone about to go through a costly divorce? Not accusing anyone but with lack of anything else I keep coming back to this thought?

So true! NEAT as a pin. Highly likely she’s met with some sort of foul play BUT there are quite a few people who have just disappeared, up and left everything and found decades later to have created a whole new life. Admittedly these have been before our digital footprints followed us everywhere we go.... nothing is impossible?

Hitman theory has some legs

(bbm)
Because of travel logistics, w/o leaving a trace; *IF* if DC were involved, then it might probably need to be a hitman theory... I think Fluffykins first mentioned hitman way back.
With that scenario, yes, a lot of planning, and shouldn't leave any trace. (if a good professional.) And I think there would be funds to hire someone.
I wonder how far in advance those GF tickets were obtained? (And are we sure he only got 4, and not 5?) (ugh. Sorry. It's just too much... it's silly.)

Yeah, it def seems a bit way-out-there to think about; but then again we've seen a few shock-surprise endings before.
But still... I can't really fathom that.
idk. :python:

Great find mdcmdc, and very significant. My theory is this (and all purely speculative):
•Elisa suffers depression and often seeks time alone to restore her mind.
•Marriage may be rocky and talk of leaving husband is a form of escapism for her. Perhaps he isn't around a lot due to work, leaving her to deal with the pressure of looking after 3 children which is no easy feat when mental illness renders you almost incapable of looking after yourself.
•Maybe alcohol consumption is a characteristic of her downward spirals. This leads to my theory that the neighbours are aware of Elisa's state of mental health, and may very well have been in contact with husband to let him know they had seen her safely to bed after she had drank watching the grand final.
•Elisa decides after appeasing the kindly neighbour that she is going to bed, and checking in with husband, that in fact she isn't done. Under the influence of alcohol, she impulsively decides to take a walk to clear her head and/ or enjoy some fresh air. Being without the children, she's a free agent. Maybe she even mentioned to husband that she might take a stroll to sober up, which would account for the earlier narratives regarding an evening run.
•She grabs her phone which might be almost flat after the day's use and heads to the beach to listen to the waves that connect her so strongly to her beloved mother.
•Doesn't latch the gate or forgets entirely to close it. Dog may be fast asleep and doesn't realise she has left until morning, when s/he becomes anxious and wanders off to look for Elisa and/ or morning feed.
•Elisa arrives at either beach or cliff top path and is overcome with emotion. The pressures of daily life, missing her mother, her feelings of inadequacy over whatever she believes she is not excelling at. And remember, at this point we know Elisa has consumed alcohol, just not how much. But my key point is this - did she engage in suicidal ideation and then whilst under the influence accidentally proceed?
•Being a prolific and passionate writer I tend to strongly agree that no note seems out of character from what we "know" of her. Accidental suicide would mean she did not prepare a note at all.
•I'm guessing that with 3 children aged between 7 and 12, this is a household of early risers. Kids missed mum, dad wants to spend a day of rest at the beach house so they leave early to make the most of the day. Husband is concerned that he can't contact Elisa, but figures she is making the most of a sleep in without the kids.
•Concern turns to alarm when the family arrives at Airey's Inlet because mum is not around, the dog is missing and the mobile phone is flat. Knowing the turns her mood can take and no doubt all the more anxious with 3 children worrying where their mother is, he calls local police to ask if there have been any accidents etc.

Sorry if post is too long, and hopefully it makes sense (it does in my head :thinking: )

A lot of that makes sense to me. "Appeasing the friendly neighbour" by getting into bed (the bed appeared to have been slept in), and kicking off the sheets as soon as the neighbour was gone . . . hell, I'll go for a walk if I want to. Goes down the beach, is soothed by the waves, the tide is low, falls asleep on the beach. By morning the tide is high, the phone is under water, Elisa drowned. When the tide goes out again it takes her away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member